True Survival

Spider

Here's the new melee stats if anyone is interested. let me know what you think

Looks good, but I'm not sure what you intend with the "Power Song" bonus. Do we have to chant or something in combat or did you mean...swing.... :wink-new:

Other than that, consider the following:

1. Forged Iron is heavier than Forged Steel, but perhaps you are using cast iron which is lighter. Id make steel augmented weapons have less delay unless your thinking cast iron.

2. Night sticks are small and fast, so should use less stamina than clubs or bats

3. Sledge may need more delay. Ever use one to hit something thats not very solid (like a pumpkin on a post?). Its hard to recover from the follow through and then setup for a second hit. Burns stamina like crazy too.

4. Knives, swords and small axes should be significantly faster than clubs of all kinds.

I'm heading out for a business trip soon so cant really study this with the time it warrants, but I think its good to go for the first release.

On a final note, I notice the great detail in the damage bonuses to materials. Perhaps this is just thoroughness on your part, but I cant help wonder if you are thinking of introducing Zeds with surface category "material" other than organic. Cops wear body armor, maybe concrete coated workers, accountants with glass jaws .....

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

I've noticed the minibike doesnt last long, How would I go about toughening them up ? Do I change the value in the vehicles xml ?

<property name="part_damage_reduction" value="0.5"/>

Is that the one to change and would I increase or reduce the value ?

Also I cant seem to get Area51 back in. I've got these in the mixer xml.

<hub_rule name="Area51Hub" prob="0.15" /> I've put this in some city lists and POI lists.

And I have this in the mixer as well.

<hub_layout name="Area51HubLayout"> <!-- ok -->

<township_type value="town"/>

<street start_point="-67,-55" end_point="65,-55" path_material="asphalt" path_radius="5"/> <!-- start s -->

<street start_point="-67,-54" end_point="-67,54" path_material="asphalt" path_radius="5"/> <!-- w -->

<street start_point="65,-54" end_point="65,54" path_material="asphalt" path_radius="5"/> <!-- e -->

<street start_point="-67,54" end_point="65,54" path_material="asphalt" path_radius="5"/> <!-- n -->

<lot min_x_y="-61, 50" prefab="xcostum_Area51(by_Stallionsden)" rotation_to_road="0" />

</hub_layout>

Am i missing something ? ( I have Area51 in my prefabs folder )

If I remove wastycity all together will that just mean i get whatever else city hubs I have left in those spots instead ?

Naterz98

I find the best strat is to dig a hole ( close to a desert for the yuccas ) and make stuff for a while - you can go up a few lvls just by making axes, bows, rope and digging a bigger hole. You just pop up to get wood, water, food and fibre as you need it. Once you have a stone axe that cuts wood ok find a brick multilvl building, (or a servo), and chop some stairs out so the z's cant get you and hole up there for a while. Stick to the roads as much as you can, and stay out of the cities until you have armour and good stamina. Early on you can make hay bales for standing on to get to higher levels or to get out of your hole. Tables and chairs can be used to climb the sides of buildings as well. Spend horde night in any multi lvl building with the stairs cut out - go back home in the morning.

Naterz98

I find the best strat is to dig a hole ( close to a desert for the yuccas ) and make stuff for a while - you can go up a few lvls just by making axes, bows, rope and digging a bigger hole. You just pop up to get wood, water, food and fibre as you need it. Once you have a stone axe that cuts wood ok find a brick multilvl building, (or a servo), and chop some stairs out so the z's cant get you and hole up there for a while. Stick to the roads as much as you can, and stay out of the cities until you have armour and good stamina. Early on you can make hay bales for standing on to get to higher levels or to get out of your hole. Tables and chairs can be used to climb the sides of buildings as well. Spend horde night in any multi lvl building with the stairs cut out - go back home in the morning.

Very nice

@jolly

Thanks for the advice I may give it a try. I really do love a lot of this mod but can't stick with it. I love the way the crafting is done. The recipes that are used and the added things like the hand dolly and blast furnace. I will admit though I am tired of having to run non-stop. I know different mods are for different people and that is what makes them unique. I even tried changing my settings to very low spawn rate (at least until I get established a little bit) and still have tons of Z's chasing me all the time. Anyway enough of my whining. I will give your method a try. Sounds doable so that maybe I can enjoy the mod for a change.

Just a little update. Finishing up adding all weapons. I think I have all the new meshes in and blocks made. Professions are done. Workstations are all made. Went back to the old head shot system. It makes weapon quality matter much more and from my survey I don't think there is a super demand for PVP with this mod and all this system means is if you get hit in the head by a player you will more than likely die(I'm ok with that). Still have to redo the Skills/Perks, redo all the recipes, redo biomes, add examining blocks, add Hard Stone System, add Lock-picking, redo loot. So still a ways off but the more I work on this the more I want to play it so I know ts coming to gather well. :) Keep reporting bugs you find and suggestions I'm adding/fixing them as I'm doing all this also. Back to the lab!

O!.... What do we think about adding some negative traits to professions? Like the Fitness instructor that runs faster and gains stamina faster maybe he should get hunger/thirsty faster. Of maybe the Doctor and Scientist get melee weapon damage reduction. Anything that can be improved can be decreased also. Just a thought.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Glad to hear good news about progress, Spider! My respect.

I don't mind negative traits, I like new creative ways to make the game harder, not the obvious 'always run, tons of HP, dogs and ferals everywhere'. I imagine someone gets all the professions eventually and has all the negative traits combined :) But at his stage it will not matter probably.

Negative traits seem like a good balance for some stronger ones, as long as you can catch them up later. Not sure food and drink should be meesed with as its pretty hard already to stay fed etc. One thing i do on my server is increase most stack sizes as the logic of the mod is as you say to go out and get stuff so its good to be able to carry that stuff when u do find it.

Big fan of the mod, but I get a little lost or confused about how to progress through some of the crafting. For example I can't find anything that explains how the leather drying works in the game, so not able to finish the last starter quest. A lot of the mod changes and ideas are fantastic, and maybe it's just a matter of learning the mod more and I'll get a better overall sense of what I'm doing, but maybe the journal system could be used to explain some of your vast changes? It might be nice since a few of the tool tips seem to be longer than the window they are in when looking at things to carft or quests in their respective menus. Just my two cents, if no one else has a problem figuring everything out that the mod changes then maybe not worth the time implementing more journal entries.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been stuck on the bow and arrow tech til day 8, what's the best way to get into firearms? I'm level 10 and ready to place a forge and start building a base but it would be nice to become a bit more offensively effective!

I've been stuck on the bow and arrow tech til day 8, what's the best way to get into firearms? I'm level 10 and ready to place a forge and start building a base but it would be nice to become a bit more offensively effective!

It is still a long long way to go. I playing with 2 friends and we are still using arrows and bow, spike club at day 53. x-bow requires a lot of things and only can be made on a metal working bench, requiring level 50 for engineering.

Negative traits seem like a good balance for some stronger ones, as long as you can catch them up later. Not sure food and drink should be meesed with as its pretty hard already to stay fed etc. One thing i do on my server is increase most stack sizes as the logic of the mod is as you say to go out and get stuff so its good to be able to carry that stuff when u do find it.

I always increase stack sizes, no matter what mods I'm using. I don't want to use some DLL everyone else has to install in order to increase the backpack. And I don't see the difference between carrying 5000 small rocks in one slot vs carrying 500 in 10 slots. Neither is realistic in terms of weight, or amount of space it takes up.

@SmooreMC85-

Thanks for the feed back.

The quest that requires you to make leather is the system to explain it. If you go in to your quest screen and click on the leather crafting quest it explains step by step how to complete it. What descriptions are longer than what screen? It would be helpful when you see these problems if you were a bit more specific so that I can fix them quickly.

@The Rogue Tomato-

I am increasing stack sizes on crafting and building supplies for the reasons you have stated but Food and Medical Item stacks I feel need to stay small for better game play.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)