Medieval Times?

Valmar

I've set up an organisation (7days2mod) which gives finer control over permissions so I should be able to use that to give write access to specific branches.

I've moved the Medieval mod to that instead of my own user account. Also renamed it to just Medieval instead of 7-days-to-die-medieval.

Any current forks should still be intact.

new location is:

https://github.com/7days2mod/Medieval

There is the master branch and currently also a togfoxy branch :)

It should now be set so that the master branch can be pushed to (write access) by admins only (val and I), and the togfoxy branch should have write access for togfoxy :)

Thanks Stompy.

To anyone watching, the togfoxy branch that is available in Stompy's github is a modified items mod that removes all the high tech items from the game. It is designed to run with the Medieval prefabs and objects. This means I have, or will, remove guns, ammo, electronics, fashion wear, augers, minibikes etc. Anything that doesn't fit the medieval world will be stripped out in this mod. I guess the mod will get more exposure as it matures. It works right now in vanilla but not much point d/ling it just yet. :)

So, been thinking about when the medieval rwg does its thing, the only things that will drop loot "in the wild" are corpses nests and stumps - assuming that garbage, trash, cars, boxes etc are all removed.

That is going to make looting very challenging - especially given that out of nests, corpses and trunks, you cant expect nests to drop anything other than feathers and eggs. Is there a plan to have more loot containers? Will today's garbage be reskinned/reimaged to look like medieval garbage? I think we'll need some sort of replacement for trash because that is far and away the largest loot source in the vanilla game.

So, been thinking about when the medieval rwg does its thing, the only things that will drop loot "in the wild" are corpses nests and stumps - assuming that garbage, trash, cars, boxes etc are all removed.

That is going to make looting very challenging - especially given that out of nests, corpses and trunks, you cant expect nests to drop anything other than feathers and eggs. Is there a plan to have more loot containers? Will today's garbage be reskinned/reimaged to look like medieval garbage? I think we'll need some sort of replacement for trash because that is far and away the largest loot source in the vanilla game.

there will be various corpses, val has added some already like the dead witch, fallen knight etc.

Also sacks instead of backpacks, maybe using the smallest sangbag model for something to get loot from.

Mostly though you will be seeking the hubs, which will be a lot closer than normal. Probably a max of 1000 or 1200 blocks instead of 1800. I can afford to really cram them in there since there's no large cities to allow for.

There will also be lots more wilderness PoI's than normal, lots of little places rather than the bigger houses you are used to seeing.

I will be doing some work on the quests and story lines for my branch after I get the prefabs semi sorted. Prefabs will be an ongoing task but once they are at least presentable enough for consumption the fine tweaks can be done gradually, and some decently complex hubs can be constructed (there's no way I'm using rwg random towns, far to spaced out)

I'm fluent in quests as well, lemme know what kind of grunt work you need.

get ye over to the git and learn my friend :)

I've converted val, loki and spider to the dark side ;)

seriously though, hit me up once you have created an account and I'll add you as a member to 7days2mod organisation, then you can work on the mod files and submit your changes for review ;)

https://github.com/7days2mod/Medieval/blob/master/Mods/a14prefabs/doema_cathedral.tts

needs a lot of work done on the inside, and its 239x158x137 so will need to be split in half and put in a custom hub for correct spawning.

Will do the hub for it after I have converted the a13 prefabs :)

edit:

https://github.com/7days2mod/doema_cathedral

added it into a hub using stoneworld. I suspect the corners are getting cut off due to the size but that doesnt matter since it is a cross shape so the corners dont exist anyway.

Cathedral06.jpgCathedral07.jpg

The builder btw is a user by the name of Doema. He shared screenshots of this building on the steam page. When I saw it I sent him a message requesting the save folder so that it could be used. Due to the sheer size and complexity of it was beyond what I was capable of working with. So in comes the Stomps to save the day.

Anyway, heres some of the prefab progress so far.

https://github.com/7days2mod/Medieval/tree/master/Mods/ValmarExports

Some screens:

http://imgur.com/a/bxHDd

• 3 months later...
Dude, check out this dude's castle.

Thats awesome. Could use some more interior decor work, but that seems to be a common theme with these builds.

I'm looking forward to the A16 block changes. That will free up a lot of block IDs and hopefully solve many woes that keep hurting the project.

• 1 month later...

Archived