V1.1 b14 EXP

Hated

1_1_EXP_b14In_Game_News_Launcher.jpg.e8170923431dae176d630fcb38e95848.jpg

Hello Survivors!

Here's the b5-b14 changelog:

Added 

• Player stealth meter is green when no alert entities are near you otherwise it turns yellow 
  • Stealth is less affected by player movement and ramps up over time
  • countrytown_business_15 
  • remnant_downtown_filler_24 
  • remnant_downtown_filler_25 
  • remnant_downtown_filler_26 
  • remnant_downtown_filler_27  
  • remnant_downtown_filler_28 
  • Controller support for the 3D map preview on the RWG window 
  • (PC Only) Controller Icon Style combo box added to controller settings menu, allowing players to override automatic controller detection and Steam Input to display either Playstation or Xbox icons
  • New explosion particles for Propane Tanks, Barrels and Vehicles
  • New inventory pick and place sounds for Robotic Sledge, Turrets, Traps, Mods, Crafting Stations, Dew Collector and other various items
  • Support for SoundPickup and SoundPlace for blocks
  • Blood splatter to zombie bear and dire wolf
  • Prefab Editor "Rnd decorate Sel." also sets random rotations
  • Enable All and Disable All for Extras through the Twitch Options menu

Changed 

• Increased bear and dire wolf sight and hearing 
  • Increased Assassin and Rogue outfit sneak effectiveness 
  • Reduced distance from and radius that AI picks to investigate near the target 
  • Balanced stealth world and block ambient light 
  • Balanced stealth effectiveness for all combinations of perks, armor and light levels 
  • Improved player stealth UI to be twice as sensitive to light, half to sound and round off value 
  • Balanced player stealth enemy search duration reduction from perks and armor 
  • AI alert timer starts after investigation ends and with some random variation 
  • Updated descriptions of Salvage Operations to prevent confusion of harvest speed
  • Increased duration of all fire weapons influenced by Fireman's Almanac Vol 4 by 1 second for display lag and rounding 
  • Adjusted StaminaLoss and AttacksPerMinute on Iron and Steel Axes to match Iron and Steel Pickaxes 
  • Removed Q6 items from airdrops and infested loot 
  • Added storeHardware theme tag to remnant_business_04 
  • Sleeper, pathing and art improvements to army_camp_07 based on player feedback 
  • Added audio trigger and additional pathing improvements to army_camp_07 
  • Increased price of #mind_wipe and #newbie 
  • #newbie is now an Extra. 
  • Break Claim triggered cooldown from 20 to 30 seconds. 
  • Updated organic destroy effect
  • Updated explosions particles for land mines
  • Added flag to turn off barrel on fall 
  • Updated icon for yucca fruit to better represent the in-game models 
  • Updated icon for Knuckle Wraps to better represent the in-game models 
  • Knuckle Wraps now use cloth for crafting, repairing, and scrapping 
  • Updated Knuckle Wrap description references from leather to cloth 
  • Updated tags for various window blinds to count towards polymer harvest challenge (does not show nav objects due to overabundance) 
  • Reduced the amount of duct tape needed to craft Robotic Drones 
  • Updated landmines with repair properties for the Infiltrator perk 
  • Adjusted glowy eye on zombie bear and dire wolf 
  • Memory optimizations including a refactor of RWG to use less static fields so it can be garbage collected. 
  • Set mipmap streaming on for entity textures that had the setting missing 
  • Burnt Zombie FX Processing 
  • Wrong/Missing class, tags, and particle settings were keeping gas pumps from exploding properly 
  • Updated persistent electricity effect when dismembering electrocuted zombie 
  • Adjusted backpack, camping, and car loot lists to clamp T0 tools/weapons from mid/late game loot probabilities 
  • Increased the harvest count of Augers and Chainsaws by 20% 
  • Downtown_filler_plaza_03  replaced fountain with new design
  • Progression and save game safe adjustments to unlock values with electrical crafting magazines. Sensors section from 50 to 45. Battery Bank and powered doors section from 75 to 55. Batteries now start at 55 and end at 100
  • Moved battery unlocks to T4 and powered doors to T3. Both unlock at 55, but the battery quality unlocks continue to levels 60, 70, 80, 90, and then 100 for Q6
  • Updated localization for T3 and T4 electrician crafting skill sections 
  • Set the economic value to 1 for several blocks marked not to sell to traders to prevent rented vending machine exploits (full economy balance coming at a later date) 
  • Adjusted colliders on commercial blind shapes 
  • Updated localization to support new entries

Fixed 

• Fixed race condition between RegionFileManager and PersistentPlayerData which could cause rare exceptions. 
  • Xbox crash if game suspended while initial loading shows "Loading particles" 
  • Xbox crash during save operations 
  • CVar prefix with Fireman's Almanac Vol 4 not working properly with Molotov's 
  • Issue with negative scaling on curtainDrapesRightHalfTopPrefabVariant not showing properly 
  • Skyscraper_02 projector screen SI issue 
  • Reading a Treasure Map automatically activates it overriding active quests
  • Crouching and uncrouching while in a confined area can cause players run to become slower than when not running 
  • House_old_modular_05 texture issues 
  • XBS Native Graphics Job freezes by switching back to Legacy Graphics Jobs
  • Remnant_skyscraper_05  removed duplicated light, fixed mispainted texture
  • Player doors within 10m of trader unlock/lock on open/close 
  • Can't set forge to craft max quantity with Advanced Engineering perk 
  • Gas_station_08, missing paint 
  • House_old_ranch_13, removed unused sleepers 
  • Gas_station_08, unpainted surfaces, block with missing trim 
  • Store_clothing_01, removed clothes rack 
  • Cave_02, SI issue 
  • Roadside_park_01 could use helper trees 
  • Office_03 mismatched textures
  • House_old_modular_05 texture issues 
  • Clipping tree in roadside_park_01 
  • Linux GUI error after hitting ESC 
  • Steam deck settings apply glyph does not display properly 
  • Can't craft more than 1 tool or handheld item at a time 
  • Inventory item place sound not always playing 
  • Steel fridge and beverage freezer ambient loops are incorrect or missing 
  • Sprint lock does not become engaged when using keyboard combinations starting with Shift (Opening Steam/Discord overlay or opening a radial menu) 
  • No challenge progress getting honey from POI stumps 
  • AttachParticleEffectToEntity issue when SDCS characters are set on fire 
  • Prevent toggling the flashlight on and off while zooming a scope in/out if they share a single controller binding (also applied to quick swap) 
  • Air drop settings tab discrepancy 
  • Server Browser List daily quest limit setting missing proper value localization 
  • News page has no entries in offline mode 
  • Lot_vacant_04 floating zombie in front of car 
  • House_modern_23 mismatched paint and other misc issues 
  • Zombies can get stuck between double pole blocks 
  • Setting linear velocity of a kinematic body is not supported warnings for out of world checks 
  • Prevented controller aim assist from targeting drones 
  • Store_hardware_03, terrain density issue 
  • Only Usable Type for Twitch Actions were being bypassed by the extension. 
  • Chunks can stop generating after exploring for a while 
  • Animation desync on remote players when changing vehicle pose state while in an unloaded chunk 
  • Two wheeled vehicles without a driver can slowly slide on their sides for a long time 
  • Missing barbed wire and texture issue in installation_red_mesa 
  • Trader Rekt missing fence post
  • Bungalow_12 missing textures
  • House_modern_05 texture issues 
  • Cave_01 underground air gap in terrain 
  • Bowling_alley_01 SI issue 
  • Rural_drive_in_01 terrain density issue 
  • Warehouse_08 terrain density issue 
  • Block mines to not explode when repairing 
  • Server Browser List some settings missing proper display values 
  • RWG Preview Mesh Memory Leak
  • RWG Terrain Preview Material / Texture Leak
  • Shared quests with the same location are not tracking properly 
  • Spread audio clip processing over time when loading dynamic music sections in order to alleviate frame hitching 
  • Texture streaming goes over budget after some time on Xbox S 
  • Host sometimes hear idle zombie noises from client 
  • Missing localization for reporting player text
  • NRE related to DebugGameStats 
  • Molotovs are ignoring Player Killing setting randomly 
  • Activating item_modifers has no audio indicator 
  • Animals seeing players used an inaccurate distance 
  • Stealth ambient light value was too dark compared to what was rendered 
  • AI head motion near walls could let them see through them causing screamers to scream and spitters to spit 
  • Updated value on Grandpas Awesome Sauce 
  • Zombie alt texture dismemberment issues  
  • Logic issues related healing limbs with Physician 3 perk 
  • Reworked calculation for Farmer Full Set Bonus to prevent food health applying bonus incorrectly 
  • Airdrops are now immune to buffBurningEnvironment, buffBurningElement, buffBurningFlamingArrow, buffBurningMolotov, buffIsOnFire 
  • Issue with negative scale colliders on guardRailPole8mInclineFlippedPrefab 
  • Updated logic to prevent premature limb healing when sprains turn into breaks 
  • Issue with solar cell quantity and quality getting clamped incorrectly in trader inventories 
Edited by Hated (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Hated said:

Prefab Editor "Rnd decorate Sel." also sets random rotations

This was neat to play with. Some feedback:

• Depending on the block chosen to place, 10% can be heavy. The ability to set the percentage would be nice.
    • For instance, placing deco trash ... okay, 10% maybe.
    • Placing sleepers ... too high.
    • Placing landmines ... too high, too low ... you make the call! LOL
  • It would be nice if it did not replace a block to place the selected block. That is, it should only replace air.
    • This way if you make a selection of all the terrain all the way around a POI, it doesn't replace parts of the floor in the POI.
  • It would be nice if it only placed blocks upon other blocks, rather than floating in the air.
    • Admittedly, you probably didn't envision somebody trying it with a 3D selection.
    • PS, all the floating trash looked surreal. A "trash cloud."
  • If you keep clicking the button, it removes blocks other than what you'll randomly filling with but it doesn't replace any of the blocks you are filling with so you slowly approach 100% rather than just getting a new random pattern.
  • I cannot fill with the deco cloth block, then fill with the deco plastic cup block, and then fill with the deco paper block block as it will wipe out other deco. Is it clear what I mean? There's like 10 deco trash blocks now.
Edited by zztong (see edit history)

• Balanced stealth effectiveness for all combinations of perks, armor and light levels 
  • Improved player stealth UI to be twice as sensitive to light, half to sound and round off value 

So if I have a full set of T6 assassin armor, what exactly is the change?  Or is it, as the last bullet point indicates, more easier to stealth at night/in the dark for all builds?  Just curious as I have a ninja playthrough.

1 hour ago, Hated said:
  • Reading a Treasure Map automatically activates it overriding active quests
  • Crouching and uncrouching while in a confined area can cause players run to become slower than when not running
  • No challenge progress getting honey from POI stumps 

Yay! Those ones in particular have all annoyed me on multiple occasions and I am glad to see them go.

12 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

What PVE player thought this would be a good idea? For heavens sake this is horrible idea for PVP

• Player stealth metimage.png.873b50affd31857c0e27803868f08812.pnger is green when no alert entities are near you otherwise it turns yellow 

Only works with the tags animal, bandit, or zombie. How is this an issue with PVP? 

52 minutes ago, DocRussel said:

So if I have a full set of T6 assassin armor, what exactly is the change?  Or is it, as the last bullet point indicates, more easier to stealth at night/in the dark for all builds?  Just curious as I have a ninja playthrough.

There is a long list of changes to rebalance all of the stealth elements which makes stealth not as OP as it once was, however, it is still very effective at your level.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!

1 hour ago, zztong said:

This was neat to play with. Some feedback:

*snip*

Thanks for the feedback!
Level Design is working on sprucing up the tools and menus in the Prefab Editor for gold and that was just a quick change for that old feature.
Will have to wait and see what else they come up with.

Interesting that they made the leather fist wraps use cloth instead. I play with fists/fortitude a lot so that should make early game a bit easier start, though now the original appearance of the wraps wouldn't make much sense since they look like leather belts or strips and i didn't see anything about the model being changed sooo was the model changed for leather fist wraps or is it just the recipe?

When loading up my overhaul mod, I get this error and the game stops loading. Anyone understand it?

MissingMethodException: Method not found: void .AssetBundleManager.LoadAssetBundle(string,bool,bool)
  at TextureConfig..ctor (System.Xml.Linq.XElement xml, DynamicProperties props) [0x00329] in <7a958222f3d24446bc9b527f364e369b>:0 
  at OpaqueTextures.ParseOpaqueConfig (System.Xml.Linq.XElement root) [0x0004d] in <7a958222f3d24446bc9b527f364e369b>:0 
  at OpaqueTextures+BlockTexturesFromXMLCreateBlockTexturesPrefix.Prefix (XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x0000b] in <7a958222f3d24446bc9b527f364e369b>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) BlockTexturesFromXML.DMD<System.Collections.IEnumerator BlockTexturesFromXML:CreateBlockTextures(XmlFile)>(XmlFile)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition.SyncProxy<System.Collections.IEnumerator BlockTexturesFromXML:CreateBlockTextures(XmlFile)>(XmlFile)
  at WorldStaticData+<loadSingleXml>d__51.MoveNext () [0x00271] in <e8e43063270440388d2e6b7642da1a62>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <dfbdd4656e0844829a5285bde9c1a365>:0 

They broke something no mod i try works it makes the crafting screens all blank i go back to B336 everything works fine WTF

2 hours ago, FranticDan said:

When loading up my overhaul mod, I get this error and the game stops loading. Anyone understand it?

MissingMethodException: Method not found: void .AssetBundleManager.LoadAssetBundle(string,bool,bool)
  at TextureConfig..ctor (System.Xml.Linq.XElement xml, DynamicProperties props) [0x00329] in <7a958222f3d24446bc9b527f364e369b>:0 
  at OpaqueTextures.ParseOpaqueConfig (System.Xml.Linq.XElement root) [0x0004d] in <7a958222f3d24446bc9b527f364e369b>:0 
  at OpaqueTextures+BlockTexturesFromXMLCreateBlockTexturesPrefix.Prefix (XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x0000b] in <7a958222f3d24446bc9b527f364e369b>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) BlockTexturesFromXML.DMD<System.Collections.IEnumerator BlockTexturesFromXML:CreateBlockTextures(XmlFile)>(XmlFile)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition.SyncProxy<System.Collections.IEnumerator BlockTexturesFromXML:CreateBlockTextures(XmlFile)>(XmlFile)
  at WorldStaticData+<loadSingleXml>d__51.MoveNext () [0x00271] in <e8e43063270440388d2e6b7642da1a62>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <dfbdd4656e0844829a5285bde9c1a365>:0 

Same any mod i try i cant craft anything rolled back to b336 everything is fine i dont kno what the issue  is 

4 hours ago, FranticDan said:

any mod that affects texture that is a dll will just have to be fixed for b14 exp

11 hours ago, pookandpie said:

Removing quality 6 items from air drops I 100% understand. Why remove Q6 loot from T6 infested quests?

I feel like finding a quality 6 gun is a fine reward for repeatedly doing the hardest quests in the game.

I highly agree. T6 is a hard enough quest that it should be at least the one way to get max quality stuff as loot and that would be enough for me.

Can you guys add:

1. Radiated Zombie Warg and Radiated Zombie Bear

2. Roaming Pack of Zombie Warg and Zombie Bear

3 Burned/Burning Zombie Wag

4. Burned / Burning Zombie Bear

How about adding Throphy with this - its much more satisfying to put the head on the wall

Also the Horde Nights need a Boss

Cmon guys

Edited by Zooxss (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Zooxss said:

*snip Animal/Zombie requests *

Sorry. No plans for any of that at this time.

2 hours ago, FranticDan said:

The burnt victim got new audio. Is the old audio still in the game files? And if so, what xml syntax would I need to access them?

Nope. You'll have to strip the old sounds out of old versions of the game.

58 minutes ago, ImTheGaymerTTV said:

Any chance we can get a change to stop for when you are trying to complete a quest at a poi and get (it seems) every non poi zombie swarming the poi?

We already have a mechanic that limits the biome spawn zombies being attracted to players in POI's.
Screamers and wandering hordes are a different mechanic with no changes planned at this time.

16 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Still nothing about mutated zombie and crispys on horde night, sorry I keep bringing it up I'm passionate lmao 

Dang it! Too many things going on and it slipped through. I'll make a task now to ask about adding them.