A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

SORRY! this issue has already been posted a couple of times i see! (the ?? in UI)

EDIT Ok all, its my own fault for not updating to the latest version... the ?? question marks in UI, I just updated to the LATEST files to my game server, and also placed the NEW SMX folder to my local disk

No more ?? problems... Sorry VALMAR!! , I just seem not to be able to keep track on when your mod is updated, while I know its not your fault, its just my fault not keeping track, but would it be possible for you to on the TOP of the first post add a little section text saying something like " LAST UPDATE *date of latest update" ?

yes yes I know you keep people posted in the steam group, and i should have looked there, but maybe it might be an idea for your post here, or you already have something like that but i was too lazy to find that.

keep up the good work, and sorry to bother you for my own lack of keeping track.

Reason for the ?? to appear , its in the latest changelog "Replaced tinypic image hosted links with imgur " <-- so if you do not update to the latest version the images of the SMX UI wont link and thos show ?? not found images, well that is my educational guess ;) so update to latest valmod files and it be fixed :)

We are 2 players trying the latest version and also got the strange GUI looks...please advice.

did you tried as i described? I completely removed the valmod icons and the SMX icons from my server, downloaded the latest overhaul package, re-uploaded that to my server, but also placed the valmod icons and SMX folder to my local drive in the correct directory.

hi Valmar the ui in hud are displayed in other ways i saw many spam in hud sorry my English. i don't like the Valmar hud or ui right now lol, yes like the valmar Expansion mod but now you put or add a SMX-By-Sirillion Ui Hud idk? that is right?. Then if this is purely cosmetic preference reasons there are a way to load separately the Expansion Mod and a hud Ui Mod from a launcher load mod? it would be great! i think from my side, just a idea--thanks for the reply. I do not want to bother.

Dear Valmar

Finally unlocked the hunt rifle, but remember that there was a hunt repeating rifle that fired eight shots, looking itens.xml checked the item: ID50 gunHuntingRifle has its <property name = "Magazine_size" value = "8" />

But it only takes one shot at a time, what might be happening?:concern:

We no longer have this repeating rifle?:grumpy:

If the answer is positive how do I add it back to the game, if possible I thank the help!:concern:

I take this opportunity to thank you for the help always and the new update, as always keeping your work increasingly improved !! :victorious:

We are 2 players trying the latest version and also got the strange GUI looks...please advice.

Went playing today, had this. So i just updated to latest update of Valmod Pack and that fixed it for me.

Dear Valmar

Finally unlocked the hunt rifle, but remember that there was a hunt repeating rifle that fired eight shots, looking itens.xml checked the item: ID50 gunHuntingRifle has its <property name = "Magazine_size" value = "8" />

But it only takes one shot at a time, what might be happening?:concern:

We no longer have this repeating rifle?:grumpy:

If the answer is positive how do I add it back to the game, if possible I thank the help!:concern:

I take this opportunity to thank you for the help always and the new update, as always keeping your work increasingly improved !! :victorious:

What you have if the bolt-action rifle (with scope) that only has one round in and there is also the hunting rifle with 8 round in it, there is 2 rifle that look the same but are not.

How i fixed the GUI issues without updating whole MOD

I downloaded the new Overhaul files

unzip it to a folder and copy and replace the following files

replace your SMX folder that is found in the MODS folder of 7dtd

in DATA / CONFIG replace the xui.xml file

in the XUI folder ( found in DATA - CONFIG ) replace the three files controls, styles and windows and the folder called OFFLINE files

I was just worried I'd revert my server to DAy 1 if i did a full update

I made these chnages client side and server side

My server is called A15 VALmod - enhanced player damage ( hosted on Fragnet in Australia ) ( I've modded the mod a bit I guess ).

did you tried as i described? I completely removed the valmod icons and the SMX icons from my server, downloaded the latest overhaul package, re-uploaded that to my server, but also placed the valmod icons and SMX folder to my local drive in the correct directory.

Thanks for kickin me in the right direction. You explanation for updateing was solving this problem. My missunderstanding what was the latest version was the problem. All fine now :-)

Great mod Val, been using it for a while now on my single player game and on my friends server. I added 3 recpies,, they seem to make sense to me and my friends atleast. here they are if interested:

<recipe name="canEmpty" count="1">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="2"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="gunPowder" count="1" craft_area="chemistryStation">

<ingredient name="charcoalChips" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="potassiumNitratePowder" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="gunPowder" count="1">

<ingredient name="charcoalChips" count="10"/>

<ingredient name="potassiumNitratePowder" count="2"/>

</recipe>

Thanks again for your work on this mod.

Just wanted to give you a quick head's up Valmar. The changes you made to the maxalive value in the gamestages.xml file are not working. This is because the game is looking for maxAlive and does not recognize maxalive as being a valid setting. So your maxalive="10" is being ignored and the default 8 per wave is being used. If you change that to maxAlive="10" then it will give 10 per wave. You'll need to make this change to the other mods as well such as the HORDE edition and for CHS.

You can see that the final spawn for each stage uses the maxAlive to control that trickle of just 2 at a time after you've cleared out the first 3 spawns. I think someone at TFP just didn't feel like changing them all since it's already coded to use 8 per wave as a default.

Just wanted to give you a quick head's up Valmar. The changes you made to the maxalive value in the gamestages.xml file are not working. This is because the game is looking for maxAlive and does not recognize maxalive as being a valid setting. So your maxalive="10" is being ignored and the default 8 per wave is being used. If you change that to maxAlive="10" then it will give 10 per wave. You'll need to make this change to the other mods as well such as the HORDE edition and for CHS.

You can see that the final spawn for each stage uses the maxAlive to control that trickle of just 2 at a time after you've cleared out the first 3 spawns. I think someone at TFP just didn't feel like changing them all since it's already coded to use 8 per wave as a default.

Oh man did changing that make a difference!

No more ?? problems... Sorry VALMAR!! , I just seem not to be able to keep track on when your mod is updated, while I know its not your fault, its just my fault not keeping track, but would it be possible for you to on the TOP of the first post add a little section text saying something like " LAST UPDATE *date of latest update" ?

yes yes I know you keep people posted in the steam group, and i should have looked there, but maybe it might be an idea for your post here, or you already have something like that but i was too lazy to find that.

Reason for the ?? to appear , its in the latest changelog "Replaced tinypic image hosted links with imgur " <-- so if you do not update to the latest version the images of the SMX UI wont link and thos show ?? not found images, well that is my educational guess ;) so update to latest valmod files and it be fixed :)

The thing about the steam group is that if you join the group then steam will actually notify you when I make announcements. In short, steam itself will tell you when I update the mod. That is why I use it. I will try to remember to update the main topic after updates to mention it, THOUGH.

And yes, the tinypic was the culprit. I do not know why but for some reason their hosting dropped the ball. I can't imagine that being good for SMX, either, since the tinypic links were default SMX links. I ported them over to imgur hosting instead since it has proven to be more reliable thus far.

hi Valmar the ui in hud are displayed in other ways i saw many spam in hud sorry my English. i don't like the Valmar hud or ui right now lol, yes like the valmar Expansion mod but now you put or add a SMX-By-Sirillion Ui Hud idk? that is right?. Then if this is purely cosmetic preference reasons there are a way to load separately the Expansion Mod and a hud Ui Mod from a launcher load mod? it would be great! i think from my side, just a idea--thanks for the reply. I do not want to bother.

You're asking if its possible to play Expansion Pack without SMX UI? Its possible, yes. Though you'd need to to manually add in t he new ui to get it to play nice. I've been considering using straight up Red's Hud for the expansion pack, since its very much vanilla-looking in design. Just getting around to it... Messing with UI is a tedious and annoying task.

Why did you make the UI images link to web-hosted sites? now I have a big white box with a red ? instead of the toolbelt image. You include the images in the zip.

Because servers use the mod too. On servers the images do not matter - they do not push to the clients.

Also because I include OFFLINE FILES in the data/config/xui folder specifically for this. Its easier to cater towards the majority, who have internet access, than it is to cater to the minority who do not. I had no way of knowing tinypic's servers would crap out. That's not my fault. I fixed the issue in less than a day of finding out about it by moving the images to a better host. Update and you should be fine. If not then be sure you're replacing everything and not skipping anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look in on that.

Also because I include OFFLINE FILES in the data/config/xui folder specifically for this. Its easier to cater towards the majority, who have internet access, than it is to cater to the minority who do not. I had no way of knowing tinypic's servers would crap out. That's not my fault. I fixed the issue in less than a day of finding out about it by moving the images to a better host. Update and you should be fine. If not then be sure you're replacing everything and not skipping anything.

If you find you have any issues with the new host, try linking to the github repo instead.

e.g.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/Toolbelt/toolbeltbg.png

(assuming you can use https files)

Archived