A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I just change everything that can be stacked to 30k as its easier especially when updates come out and u have to change them again its just makes it easier to change.

If you use notepad++'s replace all feature you should be able to make that change across the entire file in under 10 minutes, if you weren't already.

I see what happened. I was using the 7D2D Launcher and that still has everything pointing to the 7days2mod version of the HORDE edition but that hasn't been updated in 17 days. Grabbing it directly from your github has the updated files. Unfortunately they do have the updated version of the Overhaul so the new Overhaul and the old HORDE cause things to break. ;)

My question about the bow was simply concern over not having any kind of ranged weapon available if you run out of ammo for whatever gun you happen to start with. We can sit there and create hundreds of arrows but throwing them at the zombies won't do anything. Can make starting off a nervous endeavor for someone like me who prefers to keep the zombies at range. :)

One other question I had, for the Survivor they get a crossbow but no skill to make bolts. So why no ability to make ammo for their weapon and why remove the stone bolts?

I see. I didn't even know 7Days2Mod had the horde edition. Sorry Stompy!

There is a solution to your no-bow-woes. Play the survivor class. He starts with archery skill and can craft bows. Though he wont come with a gun with a lot of bullets. So there is a trade off. Or kill zombies. By time you run out of ammo from all the ammo you get in the quest line you should have enough survivor notes to unlock the bow. Assuming you want it more than something else, such as scavenging or maybe carpentry... Hard choices to make. But I'd argue that is the entire point of the ovehaul. To put you in a situation where you have to make tough choices on how to progress. Everything has ups and downs and you have to make decisions carefully for your playstyle.

The skill balance of the survivor is done that way for a specific reason. Iron crossbow bolts unlock at level 20 in fletching. To start off with this recipe he would have to get 20 points allocated to fletching. Every class is balanced to have a specific number of skill points. None start with more than another, this is to ensure as optimal balance as possible. He starts with 30 points in archery because he starts with the crossbow recipe. He has 15 points in scavenging because he starts with blunderbuss recipe (the whole theme is makeshift weapons and survival for this class). The final 5 points go towards tool smithing - simply because it seems relevant to the class theme of a survivor.

To maintain balance I would have to remove all his points in scavenging and toolsmithing - and for what? To give him the ability to craft bolts? What does it matter? He won't be making bolts day-one anyway. You need a forge for that. By time he is in a situation where he can make bolts, he would had likely already naturally reached level 20 in fletching. So that early game boost is more useful to him putting it in other skills, especially as it helps make his kit a bit more diverse a rather than just being "the one with a crossbow and fletching".

I did not remove stone bolts... The Fun Pimp's did. Vanilla change :)

To follow up on my earlier comments about scrapIron in the forge not giving experience.... I just tested it out to see how it would do. One stack of 5k scrapiron was first smelted in the forge. Then I say and crafted it all back to scrapIron. I literally had the time to bake a cake. 83 minutes of sitting in the forge menu. I return when it finally finished. Thats 5k scrap iron - meaning one full stack. I leveled to 16 1/2 in blacksmithing.

So... could someone in theory "farm" or "exploit" this to get "easy" levels? Yes. Is that person sane in the first place? Probably not. Seriously, anyone who is willing to do that probably deserves the "easy grind". So I think I /will/ let crafting scrap iron/brass/lead in the forge reward experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Valmar

Please tell me. How do you calculate damage with the new ammunition?

Look at what it is with normal ammo. Then add +10 to it for modded ammo. That is generally how I do it. Its not 100% accurate (incendiary ammo doesn't deal a solid 10, it does 5-7 but it does have deal the fire buff which does damage itself so it evens out) but that is generally the best way to think of it. The in-game stats it shows when using alt ammo is not accurate, don't worry about that. If that was your concern.

Recipes.xml

The fertilizer time is actually perfectly balanced in overhaul for the materials used as it has no pre-set timer. But you can make it shorter or longer by manually adding this to the recipe: craft_time="10"

So, for example:

<recipe name="fertilizer" count="1" craft_area="chemistryStation" craft_timer="10">

<ingredient name="rottingFlesh" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="potassiumNitratePowder" count="10"/>

<ingredient name="dirtFragment" count="5"/>

</recipe>

Thank you! :victorious:

It's just 7:56 minutes to 1 fertilizer seems long ... put 20 poop and 151 minutes is too long in my opinion!

My level of crafit timer is 2 ...

Another question, the part of the code of the fertilizer does not have the part of "craft_time" .... I have to insert this part of the code right?

If you choose to decrease the time, say by half, change the craft_time = "10" to craft_time = "5" is it?

Thank you for your help! :tongue-new:

Thank you! :victorious:

It's just 7:56 minutes to 1 fertilizer seems long ... put 20 poop and 151 minutes is too long in my opinion!

My level of crafit timer is 2 ...

Another question, the part of the code of the fertilizer does not have the part of "craft_time" .... I have to insert this part of the code right?

If you choose to decrease the time, say by half, change the craft_time = "10" to craft_time = "5" is it?

Thank you for your help! :tongue-new:

What I showed you was an example. The vanilla recipe doesn't have a timer attached to it. Without a timer it means it gets its time automatically calculated based off ingredients.

If you set to craft_timer="10" then it will craft in 10 seconds. If you set to craft_timer="5" it will craft in 5 seconds. You can set it to whatever you want. Also to clarify its craft_timer.

Perfect understand more and more about codes thanks to you ... Thank you! I take to ask ... If you want to learn more and develop my coding attributes (gone back to 7DTD) which language would be recommended python ??

Thank you for always quick help and insightful

Honestly I don't know. I have heard of "python" but I haven't a clue what it is. I'm not a developer or coder and have no programing knowledge whatsoever. I'm quite ignorant of these things. 7DTD's xml files, however, are largely very simple and straight-forward to understand. A little dab of intuition and modest comprehension and deduction skills are all you need. People often make the mistake of assuming I know more than what I do or that I must have some coding or programming background. Fact is that I don't - modding 7DTD's XML files is just that easy.

I think many newcomers or those who have never modded 7DTD are just intimidated by all the text in the file. They see this great wall of code text and think "whoa, this is crazy, how can I ever figure that out?" But appearances can be deceiving. It really is quite simple. Just have to take things slow, I guess.

Sorry, not really good at explaining these sorts of things.

Valmar understand and appreciate the help. I'll keep experimenting and learning ...

But now came a little problem:

I did what you suggested inserting code in the time of 2 minutes that is 120 seconds, but there was no change in craft time as expected, where do I have wrong?

My code looks like this:

<recipe name="fertilizer" count="1" craft_area="chemistryStation" craft_timer="120">

</recipe>

Sorry to bore you with these questions =(

Thank you for your help! :victorious:

Traders Mailbox, Craftable and Useable

Hey Valmar, love your pack.

My buddy and I have a server and started with the overhaul, though we both installed the expansion on to our games. The craftable mailbox where you can spend tokens to get items and mats was there for us and we were using it quite a bit. We encountered some issues with other things that led us both to conclude we needed to both have the same version of the overhaul as the server did (no kidding lol). That said, afterwards the mailboxes went fuzzy and were useless. I cannot find anything online, Google, forums, about these mailboxes and your mod(s). Is it only an expansion feature? Does the newest version of overhaul include the craftable/usable mailboxes? We both enjoy using it as we are midcore players who love your overhaul content but also like spending tokens.

Thanks for your time and.keep up the work!

All of my mining tools only does 1/3 of the Block damage thats written on the tool, why is that ???

Eks: Lvl 500 steelpickaxe with 100 mining and 5 perks has 580 Block Damage but does only make 193 damage

Edit: Running V4.0...hadn't updated it yet

Serverside issues

I must apologise, but im relativly new to the modpack and Serverhosting in general for this game.

Im experiencing major issues with the modpack and my server. Recently did some testing and there is tons of things that isn't working as it normaly whould.

I setup a new server with a local company here in norway where i have full FTP access and have uploaded the files as shown in the screenshot under installation.

Is it maybe a new way to install it serverside? or is it maybe something im doing wrong? iwe got no clue.

Well to explain the "errors":

The starterpack works fine and we get our items and everything

Only got 63 skills under skill tab (Can't even find the simple Forge skill)

Rocket Launcher costs 1 point (was 25 before)

Seems to me like the serverside is only partly working, because the starter packs is there and the UI but there is way to few skills, some of them is missing completely.

First thought who came to my mind was maybe the server is running on the old version and not the new?

I must apologise, but im relativly new to the modpack and Serverhosting in general for this game.

Im experiencing major issues with the modpack and my server. Recently did some testing and there is tons of things that isn't working as it normaly whould.

I setup a new server with a local company here in norway where i have full FTP access and have uploaded the files as shown in the screenshot under installation.

Is it maybe a new way to install it serverside? or is it maybe something im doing wrong? iwe got no clue.

Seems to me like the serverside is only partly working, because the starter packs is there and the UI but there is way to few skills, some of them is missing completely.

First thought who came to my mind was maybe the server is running on the old version and not the new?

Did you also copy the necessary files, like progression.xml etc. into your local game folder?

As i said not very experienced, anyway you chould be more specific?

We installed the modpack on both singleplayer and multiplayer same files on both sides.

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.251 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/archetypes.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.252 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/biomes.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.257 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/blocks.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.257 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/buffs.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.258 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/entityclasses.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.259 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/entitygroups.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.260 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/gamestages.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.264 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/items.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.265 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/loot.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.265 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/materials.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.266 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/misc.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.266 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/npc.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.267 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/physicsbodies.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.267 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/progression.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.268 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/qualityinfo.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.269 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/quests.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.270 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/recipes.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.271 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/rwgmixer.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.272 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/sounds.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.273 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/spawning.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.274 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/traders.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.274 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/vehicles.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.274 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/weathersurvival.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.275 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/xui.xml has invalid hash

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.277 INF StartGame done

Server logs provided

Hi Val,

In the Mechanical perk tab can you put the level requirements for the various recipes?

I'm trying to learn "Mechanical Parts" but don't how many points I need to unlock it.

Also, does the trussing spike have the same damage as wooden spikes? If not is it more or less?

Valmar understand and appreciate the help. I'll keep experimenting and learning ...

But now came a little problem:

I did what you suggested inserting code in the time of 2 minutes that is 120 seconds, but there was no change in craft time as expected, where do I have wrong?

My code looks like this:

<recipe name="fertilizer" count="1" craft_area="chemistryStation" craft_timer="120">

</recipe>

Sorry to bore you with these questions =(

Thank you for your help! :victorious:

Thats my fault. I know I specifically said timer, but you were right! It is craft_time. I thought it was supposed to be craft_timer. Sorry, thats on me. I should had checked first.

Hey Valmar, love your pack.

My buddy and I have a server and started with the overhaul, though we both installed the expansion on to our games. The craftable mailbox where you can spend tokens to get items and mats was there for us and we were using it quite a bit. We encountered some issues with other things that led us both to conclude we needed to both have the same version of the overhaul as the server did (no kidding lol). That said, afterwards the mailboxes went fuzzy and were useless. I cannot find anything online, Google, forums, about these mailboxes and your mod(s). Is it only an expansion feature? Does the newest version of overhaul include the craftable/usable mailboxes? We both enjoy using it as we are midcore players who love your overhaul content but also like spending tokens.

Thanks for your time and.keep up the work!

What version were you using before? Do the items you craft in it look like packages and are called Merchant Order - ItemName? That was an older version of the merchant delivery station (mailbox). I removed it shortly after due to performance reasons. But I have since added it back as a vending machine in the last update.

So I don't know what to tell you. Ensure everything is running the latest version and you should be fine.

All of my mining tools only does 1/3 of the Block damage thats written on the tool, why is that ???

Eks: Lvl 500 steelpickaxe with 100 mining and 5 perks has 580 Block Damage but does only make 193 damage

Edit: Running V4.0...hadn't updated it yet

I don't know. Different blocks have different levels of "hardness" which can result in them not necessarily taking the full listed damage of the tool. Everything related to this is left vanilla, though. I'd advice checking vanilla to see if it has the same behavior. If not then be as specific as possible and tell me what specific pickaxe you're using, what quality level it was, and what block you were hitting with it.

Simple forge isn't a thing anymore - hasn't been for a while now.

It sounds like there might be some mixup between what version you are running. Rocket Launcher you say costs 1 point but used to be 25. In Overhaul it only cost one point (per level! but you don't unlock it until you spend 30 points, so it doesn't really unlock with just one skill point). In Expansion it has one level but costs 25 points to unlock that one level.

Ensure both the client and the mod both have the newest version installed (as gotten from my download link) and they are both running the same version.

2016-10-31T18:41:47 10.251 INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/archetypes.xml has invalid hash

[snip]

Server logs provided

That is all normal. The invalid hash just means the file isn't vanilla.

I got the drunk and disorderly quest and drank 3 grain alcohol as used to...Now I get alcohol poisoned and loosing lifes..how cure this ♥♥♥♥?

Vanilla.

I'm not sure if there is a way to cure it other than to wait it out. Unless you cheat with the console. Open console (default F1 key) and type in debuff SickDrunk

Hi Val,

In the Mechanical perk tab can you put the level requirements for the various recipes?

I'm trying to learn "Mechanical Parts" but don't how many points I need to unlock it.

Also, does the trussing spike have the same damage as wooden spikes? If not is it more or less?

I'll mention it in the description. Level 30, btw.

The trussing spike deals 7 points of damage. So, since spikes deal more with buffs to zombies, they should still be better.

What are you meant to do with these quest items

They're used in quests. Certain quests you find in the world might ask you to find them. If you fulfill these quests you get a larger reward than if you had just sold them to the merchant. But selling them to the merchant is also an option. They serve no other purpose other than to be gathered for specific quests.

As i can see the only way to level up is to keep the forge/workbench opened to be able to level up blacksmith etc, which is really time consuming for nothing, is this intentional or i have a problem ?

That's how the vanilla system works - its hardcoded that way. Nothing I can do about it.

Thats my fault. I know I specifically said timer, but you were right! It is craft_time. I thought it was supposed to be craft_timer. Sorry, thats on me. I should had checked first.

You are not guilty of anything ... So many codes and problems it happens!

I made the change and worked pefeitamente, thank you!:courage:

But it is possible that you have found a possible error:

When trying to make a barrel of oil the craft button does not appear, what can this be?:nonchalance:

See the image => http://imgur.com/nCy1tNc

As for the point raised by Johnny1993 I agree with you that this is a natural process of the vanilla game, but it is really a big problem for the progress of skills that depend exclusively on these devices is really annoying stay 20 minutes in front of the forge to raise the skill 1 or 2 levels, but understand that this is something complex to be modified and that the alternative is simple: play extended MOD or vanilla.:beguiled:

I believe ... I prefer the harder :angel:

Thank you guys!:loyal:

Archived