A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

When trying to make a barrel of oil the craft button does not appear, what can this be?:nonchalance:

See the image => http://imgur.com/nCy1tNc

As for the point raised by Johnny1993 I agree with you that this is a natural process of the vanilla game, but it is really a big problem for the progress of skills that depend exclusively on these devices is really annoying stay 20 minutes in front of the forge to raise the skill 1 or 2 levels, but understand that this is something complex to be modified and that the alternative is simple: play extended MOD or vanilla.:beguiled:

I believe ... I prefer the harder :angel:

Thank you guys!:loyal:

Notice the little hammer icon next to the recipe? These icons are queues as to where the recipe is crafted or how it is locked. Try looking in the Artisan Decor Station and you should be able to craft it there.

Yes, it is tedious, to be sure, to grind while in a workstation. However this is why I have so many skill books and survivor notes. That being said the balance of everything is sure to be tweaked here and there as feedback and time goes on.

Quick question.

For a basic setup/play test, not using the Modlauncher, all I need to do is have the latest a15 on the server, copy the mod adn data folders from teh Valmod overhaul to the server files, same on my local client, then connect, right?

b/c while I have no issues running a vanilla server, this is giving me some headaches, some icons missing, some of the UI is missing, just not sure at this basic level what is needed or what I am missing.

TIA

Quick question.

For a basic setup/play test, not using the Modlauncher, all I need to do is have the latest a15 on the server, copy the mod adn data folders from teh Valmod overhaul to the server files, same on my local client, then connect, right?

b/c while I have no issues running a vanilla server, this is giving me some headaches, some icons missing, some of the UI is missing, just not sure at this basic level what is needed or what I am missing.

TIA

Yes. Though technically the server doesn't need the Mods folder since that is used for icons. Which don't push from servers anyway. But yes, just drag-and-drop it in the appropriate location on both the server and local and you should be good to go.

If you're missing bits of UI and icons that typically means you dont have it installed on your local copy.

If you need help with this you can contact me more directly on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora

Hey just saw this mod pack from the subreddit. Can't seem to find a quick answer but I've been playing on my server with friends for a solid while and I'm very interested in this mod pack. Do I have to completely restart my world? And does it matter if it's random gen or navezgane?

Yes. Though technically the server doesn't need the Mods folder since that is used for icons. Which don't push from servers anyway. But yes, just drag-and-drop it in the appropriate location on both the server and local and you should be good to go.

If you're missing bits of UI and icons that typically means you dont have it installed on your local copy.

If you need help with this you can contact me more directly on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora

Ah thanks for the info. I'll do some more testing locally and with a friend and see how we do. Appreciate it.

Hey just saw this mod pack from the subreddit. Can't seem to find a quick answer but I've been playing on my server with friends for a solid while and I'm very interested in this mod pack. Do I have to completely restart my world? And does it matter if it's random gen or navezgane?

Whats a subreddit?

No, you don't have to completely restart the world. You should to get the full experience but you don't HAVE to. Doesn't matter if its random gen or navezgane.

@valmar

So still messing with the UI issue I have. YOu mentioned this is a take on SMX UI mod, is it a copy or is it tweaked? ie: if I get the SMX UI mod working, could I overlay that on top of Valmod Overhaul?

Which system are your clients and server? Windows? Linux? Mac?

@valmar

So still messing with the UI issue I have. YOu mentioned this is a take on SMX UI mod, is it a copy or is it tweaked? ie: if I get the SMX UI mod working, could I overlay that on top of Valmod Overhaul?

It is tweaked somewhat but is largely SMX, beyond a few cosmetic and placement changes. Not much to do to change perfection, right?

Anywho, no, you cannot just overlay it ontop. It has to be integrated manually through the files. A simple drag and drop replace will not work. I do not understand why you're having issues with it. It should be very straight-forward and simple - assuming you are on Windows. If Sirllion's above post is any indication things behave differently for Linux or Mac.

My offer still stands though, I could try to more personally walk you through it in steam chat. Might be easier.

Hi, Valmar. I've done for the community valmod Radiation HordeEdition. Based mod on version Overhaul and Expansion.

The zero city now increased radiation emission. I changed completely hazmat - rad / chemical protection. Changed relief to zero city.

For every 7 day comes more zombies.

Spawn for biomes wasteland and any bandits. Completely remade bandits model. The basis was taken mod bandits.

[video=youtube_share;sEuG0AyrmQ8]https://youtu.be/sEuG0AyrmQ8

sorry for the lag in the video. I have a weak computer.

https://pp.vk.me/c638825/v638825688/16e10/lw0xjgxVaUE.jpg

https://pp.vk.me/c638825/v638825688/16e19/uxK2N7-C7gE.jpg

https://pp.vk.me/c638825/v638825688/16e22/Pb3LEWtYSTw.jpg

https://pp.vk.me/c638825/v638825688/16e07/xErBayourQI.jpg

Download: Valmod-HordeRadEdition_Expansion

Download: Valmod-HordeRadEdition_Overhaul

Sorry for my English. I am from Russia.

There are also server Vamod Radiation Horde Edition Overhaul

Ip 5.9.106.211 port 26911

Thank you for attention!

sorry if a repeated question (yet i tried to search 246 pages and failed to find one)

is this mod Mac friendly? i mean can my friends with macbooks install and play this mod?

thnx

Partially. From what I understand the custom icons don't work on Mac currently. So while it would work, you'd have a lot of missing icons for the modded items.

Partially. From what I understand the custom icons don't work on Mac currently. So while it would work, you'd have a lot of missing icons for the modded items.

thnx for the quick answer.

is it [icons not appearing] a matter of converting images for Mac? if so, i can do the conversion labor work.

thnx for the quick answer.

is it [icons not appearing] a matter of converting images for Mac? if so, i can do the conversion labor work.

No, not from what I understand. It seems to be an actual issue with the Mods folder integration on Mac. I'm not sure if Alloc has fixed it since last I heard of it, though. Its been a while.

Still have some questions

How on this earth do i make tools now? Unaware if its within the valmod overhaul or new to the game

But i started as a survivor, gotten level 30 in constuction tools, same goes with the pickaxe.

Cant for the love of god figure out how to get the recipe for the "Tool Heads" ?

Can't find anything under creative that unlocks the recipe im appearently missing.

Anyone have any answers on this?

How on this earth do i make tools now? Unaware if its within the valmod overhaul or new to the game

But i started as a survivor, gotten level 30 in constuction tools, same goes with the pickaxe.

Cant for the love of god figure out how to get the recipe for the "Tool Heads" ?

Can't find anything under creative that unlocks the recipe im appearently missing.

Iron tool heads are unlocked at Blacksmith skill level 10. Steel tool heads and Sledgehammer tool head at level 80.

I am new to the Valmod experience and i have to say i am loving it so far.

!!! EXCELLENT WORK VALMAR !!!

One question though,

Is there anyway i can change the way the 7 day hordes work? I would like the old style hordes back on the 7th night, instead of just getting 8 at a time. I have not actually got to the 7th night yet but i am assuming they are the same as Vanilla 7DTD currently? If not then how do the 7 day hordes work in Valmod?

I have never changed any XML files before so i am a noob.

The basics would be great!!

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

I have a server hosted by Nitrado and would like to add this mod to it. I am not a real computer person, so could use a quick step by step if possible.

A step-by-step guide will not be fully accurate for every player. Different server hosts have different setups. I can only be vague about it. You need to download a tool called FileZilla. With Filezilla you connect to the server's FTP. This basically will let you browse the server's install directory. In the server's install directly drag and drop the mod files, same as if it was your own. Done.

If you'd like I can do this for you, provided you dont mind sharing wit me that info. If so, message me on steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora/

Hey Valmar!

Nice to see you changed the mod a bit. Could you give me a summary of changes since 14.7? :)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/valmod#announcements/detail/845941766217905685

Pro-tip: if the crafting list if an icon has the symbol of a little scholar with a hat indicates that its unlocked by a perk. You'll need to level your blacksmithing to forge the required heads. I will look into making the description of the tool heads reflect this.

Hey Val,

Can you add in the ability to make a bowl of water using Loki's water?

Also, the running burning zombies don't count against the quest "Kill some special infected" - kill burn victim

Honestly I'm trying to cut back on the "unnecessary" recipes at this point, given how the new searching mechanic functions and how much impact these recipes are having on inventory lag.

I'm aware of the issue with the burn victims. It is unfortunate but the quest system is not really designed to handle things like that. You can't, for example, say something generic like "Kill 10 burn victims" and then have any one of the burnt zombies count towards it. You have to be specific. Kill 10 of this specific burnt zombie. You can change it so you have to kill one of each type but that can make things a bit more tricky for the player who may not have the easiest time finding one "special" type of that one zombie they've killed a dozen times.

For the time being, as such, I just leave the quests as they are.

hey Valmar,

maybe it's better to add skill level list to the main info at the first page... as a spoiler maybe.

Maybe I will.

I am new to the Valmod experience and i have to say i am loving it so far.

!!! EXCELLENT WORK VALMAR !!!

One question though,

Is there anyway i can change the way the 7 day hordes work? I would like the old style hordes back on the 7th night, instead of just getting 8 at a time. I have not actually got to the 7th night yet but i am assuming they are the same as Vanilla 7DTD currently? If not then how do the 7 day hordes work in Valmod?

I have never changed any XML files before so i am a noob.

The basics would be great!!

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

In Valmod it is increased to 10, not 8, but otherwise vanilla.

What you're after is not exactly easy as you will have ALOT of numbers to change. The file you want is the gamestages.xml. You'll want to increase the maxalive values. All one hundred billion of them. Lol.

Valmod Overhaul Progression Tree Changes

(This post is for sake of reference from the main page)

I will now begin explaining some of the Overhaul-specific changes that have been made.

Iron/Steel tools and weapons now are crafted using “heads” rather than just forgedIron/Steel.

The largest change to Overhaul, and the most dramatic, has been to the progression system. Many recipes that used to be locked in vanilla by a book are now locked by perks or skill. For example to unlock the recipe for pistols you need level 20 in pistols. As you level your skill you gradually unlock more associated recipes. You can still find books but these books will now only give you skill points rather than unlock recipes.

Gun Smithing has also been removed. Now it is your skill level in the associated weapon that determines the rate it loses quality from repairs . If you have never used a pistol before and try to repair it you will lose more quality than if you were intimately familiar with them.

Another example would be carpentry. Carpentry is a skill that you can level by crafting wood-blocks and you will need to level it to 10 before you can craft woodframes.

These were just a few quick examples to give you an idea of how the system has changed. Similar approaches have been taken to many areas of progression. I will list below all the various changes and associations. Also note that for workstation-recipes such as those are done in a campfire, forge or armory only give you experience if you are inside the workstation when the recipe completes crafting. This is a vanilla game mechanic and not something I can change.

..:: Skills ::..

Scavenging

Scrap Iron/Brass/Lead - level 5

scrapIronAxe - level 10

scrapIronPickaxe - level 10

scrapIronShovel - level 10

scrapIronShiv - level 10

blunderbuss - level 15

Lockpick - 20

Blunt Weapons:

clubIron - level 20

clubBarbed - level 30

clubSpiked - level 40

Blade Weapons:

huntingKnife - level 20

machete - level 30

scythe - level 50

combatAxe - level 80

Mining Tools:

shovelIron - level 10

hoeIron - level 10

weedCleaver - level 10

shovelSteel - level 10

pickaxeIron - level 20

pickaxeSteel - level 40

Construction Tools:

clawHammer - level 20

sledgehammer - level 30

wrench - 40

Axes:

fireaxeIron - level 10

fireaxeSteel -level 20

Pistols:

gunPistol - level 20

gunPistolSilenced - level 30

gun44Magnum - level 40

gun44MagnumSilenced - level 50

Shotguns:

gunSawedOffPumpShotgun - level 15

gunPumpShotgun - level 20

gunPumpShotgunChoked - level 30

Rifles:

gunHuntingRifle - level 20

gunBoltRifle - level 20

gunHuntingRifleSilenced - level 30

gunBoltRifleSilenced - level 30

gunSniperRifle - level 40

gunSniperSilenced - level 50

gunSniperRifleHPScope - level 50

gunSniperRifleHPScopeSilenced - level 50

Assault Rifles:

gunMP5 - level 20

gunMP5Silenced - level 30

gunAK47 - level 40

gunAK47Silenced - level 50

Archery

woodenBow - level 10

ironBow - level 20

crossbow - level 30

ironCrossbow - level 40

crossbowRepeater - level 50

Fletching:

ironArrow - level 20

ironCrossbowBolt - level 20

steelArrow - level 30

steelCrossbowBolt - level 30

flamingArrow - level 50

explodingCrossbowBolt - level 50

Medicine:

healingAgent - level 5

drinkHealth - level 5

firstAidBandage - level 10

maniacPowder - level 15

disinfectantBandage - level 20

medicalSplint - level 25

firstAidKit - level 30

antibiotics - level 35

herbalAntibiotics - level 40

Science:

chemistryStation - level 15

beer - level 15

mead - level 15

meadBlueberry - level 15

appleCider - level 15

fuelLog - level 15

glue - level 20

grainAlcohol - level 20

oil - level 20

bioFuel - level 20

chemicalAgent - level 20

gasCan - level 20

Tailoring:

sewingKit - level 5

Armor Smithing

animal hide armor - level 10

leather armor - level 20

scrap iron armor - level 30

iron armor - level 40

steel armor - level 50

Leatherworking

leather - level 15

tanningRack - level 15

Mechanical:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various mechanical bits and bobs.

chainsaw - level 10

nailgun - level 15

auger - level 25

partsAuger_blade - level 25

gearMechanism - 30

mechanicalParts - 30

minibike parts - 60

Traps:

trap spikes - level 10

adhesive trap - level 10

adhesive spike - level 10

log spike - level 10

barbed fence - level 10

scrap iron spike - level 10

fall trap - level 10

trussing spike - level 20

trussing wall spike - level 20

tnt - level 20

dynamite - level 20

land mines - level 20

fire trap - level 30

Blacksmith:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various items and blocks in the forge.

forge - level 10

bellows - level 10

forgedIron - level 10

Iron Tool Heads – level 10

ironArrowHead - level 10

anvil - level 15

emptyJar - level 15

Glass Blocks - level 15

beaker - level 15

weldingTorch - level 20

ironRingsRivets - level 20

Syringe - level 25

beaker - level 25

ironBars - level 30

calipers - level 50

spring - level 50

forgedSteel - level 80

steelArrowHead - level 80

mechanicalParts - level 80

steelRingsRivets - level 80

Steel Tool Heads – level 80

Carpentry:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various wood items such as woodframes or carpenter kits.

Secure wooden door - level 5

Wood Blocks - level 10

handsaw - level 10

carpenterKit - level 10

wooden storage containers - level 20

Masonry:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting carious stone or brick blocks.

bowl - level 5

dinnerPlate - level 5

clayBucket - level 5

cementMixer - level 20

chisel - level 20

Cobblestone Blocks - level 20

Brick Blocks - level 30

Cement - level 50

concreteMix - level 50

Rebar Blocks - level 50

Cooking:

Leveling this will unlock various cooking recipes.

..:: Perks ::..

Boom Stick:

Increases shotgun damage.

gunBoomstick - level 3

Better Lead Than Dead:

Increases hunting rifle and sniper damage.

G.I. Joe:

Increases assault rifle (ak47/smg) damage.

Gun: Rocket Launcher:

gunRocketLauncher - level 30

Quicker Crafting:

woodBlock - level 1

cobblestoneBlock - level 2 (requires player level 20)

AutoWall_Wood - level 3 (requires player level 30)

AutoWall_Concrete - level 4 (requires player level 40)

AutoWall_Reinforced_Concrete - level 5 (requires player level 50)

Miner 69er:

minersTNT - level 5 (requires Mining Tools level 80)

Lumberjack:

Increases block damage with axes and reduces the stamina drain.

Electric Lights:

This perk gives you the required items to craft working electric lights.

electricalToolKit - level 12 (requires Mechanical level 10)

flashlight02 - level 12 (requires Mechanical level 10)

Plumbing:

This perk teaches you how to craft kits to fix sinks or craft your own working sinks for infinite clean water.

plumbingKit - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workingCabinetSink - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workingGranitSink - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

Oven Repair:

This perk teaches you to craft oven repair kits or working ovens to cook without fuel.

ovenKit - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workstationOven - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

Security:

Secure Safes - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

Iron and Vault Doors - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

Drawbridges - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

Quality Joe:

Combine Station (used to combine items) - level 2

Archived