A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Greetings,

great mod! but am having some issues...not a modder, so dont know what Im missing. I am using your expansion pack in a SP random world. I have maxed electrican and over repair, have the recipes and have made a working oven and the decorative table thing. But when I placed them, I cant do anything with them. When pointed at it says to hit E, but nothing. If I hold E it shows a little circle with the fire symbol, but still it doesnt do anything beyond that. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

I don't suppose you know a good dealer? [shifty sniffs]

I kid. Your praise and enjoyment is enough. Im glad people enjoy my work and its not all a wasted effort. If I thought it was I surely would had given up by now. But for whatever reason people like it so it will remain going strong. :)

Sadly...I do not :( I'm patiently waiting for legalization to take the world by storm. ;)

I'm not sure where your overall direction is going (long term goals if any)....but at this point it looks to me like you are providing some advanced content and gameplay depth while the developers slowly work to finish the game.

If you are open to it, here is my wishlist...if not just ignore my wishlist and carry on :)

More Jason type stuff...really awesome when you are not expecting it. I've run into him twice. At first I thought it was a player. While sitting on top of my base I was looking out over the forest and saw this guy with a machete just walking around. Nice surprise.

Stronger class separation with more impact added to class selection. For instance, starting classes would have stronger base stats or perhaps stronger supporting stats while skill progression could be reduced. IMHO this is the only mod I have seen that actually forces some decent cooperation with a group of players. This is a HUGE pro and the more the merrier here.

Make specialization more critical. Move endgame/lategame skills higher up the tree perhaps.

So...just a few things that would make my personal game better but I'm not sure anyone else would think the same thing. I at least wanted to toss those ideas out there but they may totally go against the grain of what you have intended for the mod. My my main goals when I play are cooperation in a group and length of play. While endgame content doesn't need to be totally unattainable and I understand the Fun Pimps haven't balanced much at all, I feel your mod has stepped into a balancing role for me and done a pretty damn good job of it already. Thank you again for your time and dedication.

You said it, here goes....

Has the method of installing your mod onto a Mac been changed?

I've googled many times, many different ways trying to find this answer.

Every forum post I come across has some sort of solution that, when applied, doesn't work.

Yes, I've copied and pasted it into the correct folder. (right click the .app and select "Show Package Contents")

I'm trying to help a couple of my friends with their install and would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

By the way, I have this mod on my PC and my dedicated server and love it! Great Job!

Unfortunately I cannot be of any help. I know nothing about Mac.

Hello. Thanks for your mode. I have a question And sorry if IS samé question herec, but IS here a lot of posts..... If i copy this mode to The game folder, i must do same think in server folder?.... And second question. I have a payed server from some website And if i put this mode to The server, IT Will delete all players skills, buldings And reset Days to Day 1? And whitch pack you recommend? ... Thx for answer

If you want the server to have the mod then yes, you have to install it to the server. All players who play will also need it installed.

It would not delete all players, building or reset the day. Though if you install Overhaul I would heavily recommend you start on a fresh map with fresh players. Some skills would reset, but not all.

As to what version I recommend... thats a very subjective question. Its up to you and your players what they prefer. Both versions are very different and its up to you as to what one is best for your desired experience.

Quote:

The Valmod Pack comes in two different flavors. The Expansion pack and The Overhaul pack.

The Expansion pack is meant to be viewed, as the name implies, as an expansion pack for the game. What this means is that it adds a bunch of new features to the game without dramatically changing the overall vanilla gameplay experience. Great if you're happy with 7DTD but just want to have more stuff to do.

The Overhaul pack adds the same items and content to the game as the expansion with the key difference being that unlike the expansion the overhaul, as the name implies overhauls some basic aspects of the game. Mainly the recipe system is considerably locked down compared to vanilla. The overhaul is intended for those who want a new experience from the game.

Greetings,

great mod! but am having some issues...not a modder, so dont know what Im missing. I am using your expansion pack in a SP random world. I have maxed electrican and over repair, have the recipes and have made a working oven and the decorative table thing. But when I placed them, I cant do anything with them. When pointed at it says to hit E, but nothing. If I hold E it shows a little circle with the fire symbol, but still it doesnt do anything beyond that. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Did you install another UI mod ontop of Valmod, by chance?

If you are open to it, here is my wishlist...if not just ignore my wishlist and carry on :)

More Jason type stuff...really awesome when you are not expecting it. I've run into him twice. At first I thought it was a player. While sitting on top of my base I was looking out over the forest and saw this guy with a machete just walking around. Nice surprise.

When you say more Jason stuff you mean specifically more with Jason, or more stuff like Jason?

P.S. I'm not purposely ignoring the other suggestions. I just don't really have a good picture of what you're suggestion and would need more specific examples to work with to get a better image of it in my head.

Skills

Hi,

I have question about skills. For example masonry. Lvl 5 unlocks amphora, plate and clay bowl. Is there anyway of leveling masonry before lvl 5 or i need to invest 5 points (find book) to get first recipes to level this skill? I assume some skills can be leveled from nothing (carpentry and wood cabin block) and other must be pre invested few points to start leveling?

Hi Valmar. I just want to say thanks for the Valmod Overhaul. I finally started playing the game again because of it. I will probably change my server to it too. I have one question, did you add landmines in the game? I was running in the forest biome next to the Wasteland and heard one go off. Scared the crap out of me!:excitement:

I just join because this is a great mod, prob going to use it if I can figure out if this mod got teleport to base as I was playing on 1 but to crowded and will be hosting my 8 player game with some friends, but I need to use or add teleport , what would be the way to do so

so question is does your mod got teleporting ??? if not how or can I add it in? if its possible

can someone tell me , when am in the forge using valmod , it lags like crazy ? Ex : if i open the forge and type pipe or something else the fps drops to like 1 but if i open it , then type a bunch of random letters so the contents goes blank , then i type pipe in everything goes to normal..ie 60+fps untill i close and open the forge again and have to do the same again.

found the issue I was having with the ovens and such, yes I was trying to use a bag mod which conflicted.

anywho....since you added so much more stuff to the game (item wise) any thoughts on modding the bag size?

have used the 90 slot and that was good. maybe not so huge but still 400+ (estimate, probably exaggeration) new items in game and 32 slots to try and carry...rough, just rough.

Hello again! Just wondering if there is a possibility to change the spawn limit for the screamer. And if so, how do you do it?

Lovin' the mod so far!

Are you referring to the rarity of the screamer or how many zombies the screamer spawns if she screams?

Hi Valmar. I just want to say thanks for the Valmod Overhaul. I finally started playing the game again because of it. I will probably change my server to it too. I have one question, did you add landmines in the game? I was running in the forest biome next to the Wasteland and heard one go off. Scared the crap out of me!:excitement:

Thank you, I appreciate it. Glad you're having fun. The landmines in the wasteland is actually a vanilla change done in A15 by the pimps.

Hey val, i want to ask can you make a zombie standalone overhaul? or what i need from your package for my server to add more zombies? :)

A bit more work than I'm willing to do. Archetypes, items, entitygroups, entityclasses, blocks and potentially spawning.xml all play a part. There are other mods already that are built around adding new enemies, far as I know. I feel it better to leave it to them.

I just join because this is a great mod, prob going to use it if I can figure out if this mod got teleport to base as I was playing on 1 but to crowded and will be hosting my 8 player game with some friends, but I need to use or add teleport , what would be the way to do so

so question is does your mod got teleporting ??? if not how or can I add it in? if its possible

Teleporting is not handled by xml mods like mine. That requires server-side tools and such. I believe you can set it up with using just Allocs Server Fixes on the server. Botman server manager could also handle it. I do not know all the nity-grity because I do not manager servers personally and have no experience in this specific area.

found the issue I was having with the ovens and such, yes I was trying to use a bag mod which conflicted.

anywho....since you added so much more stuff to the game (item wise) any thoughts on modding the bag size?

have used the 90 slot and that was good. maybe not so huge but still 400+ (estimate, probably exaggeration) new items in game and 32 slots to try and carry...rough, just rough.

I cannot increase the size of the player's inventory without breaking EAC, far as I know. Therefore, to keep this mod as server-friendly as possible, I choose not to go down that route.

respond/question

Are you referring to the rarity of the screamer or how many zombies the screamer spawns if she screams?.

The rarity of the screamer, I want to make her more rare because having 7 screamers each day is a little annoying to be honest on a singleplayer/multiplayer server.

And ofc one more question; What happens if I am on a diffrent pc and I download the mod on my other pc (that I dont have the mod on) will my data and player character be respawned as a new player character? Or will I still have my current player character due to I am not the host of the server.

When you say more Jason stuff you mean specifically more with Jason, or more stuff like Jason?

P.S. I'm not purposely ignoring the other suggestions. I just don't really have a good picture of what you're suggestion and would need more specific examples to work with to get a better image of it in my head.

Jason type events/npcs...not necessarily more Jason spawning...so more Jason "like stuff". The crazy thing with the Jason NPC is that it can easily be confused as a person. So while you are wondering if you should talk or fight....well he is coming to kill you! It's great. I've encountered him 3 times now and run for the base if it's close.

I am increasingly interested in trying to get more out of the endgame while we wait for more core content. That is what motivated my comments. I'd just like to draw out the 'getting to' endgame content more if at all possible.

Stronger class separation with more impact added to class selection. For instance, starting classes would have stronger base stats or perhaps stronger supporting stats while skill progression could be reduced. IMHO this is the only mod I have seen that actually forces some decent cooperation with a group of players. This is a HUGE pro and the more the merrier here.

Make specialization more critical. Move endgame/lategame skills higher up the tree perhaps.

I can try and get motivated and actually dig into the xml...but what I am saying here is that for me slower progression coupled with higher tier recipes equal a better experience overall. So take something like the repeater crossbow. Perhaps the skill specialization on some truly game changing stuff should rest in the 100 skill point range (or higher) of specialization. NOW..:) I realize this might not be the intent of your mod and it might not be enjoyable to others either. For me though, drawing out the arrival of endgame is almost as important as adding content to endgame. By moving some skills higher on the tree it would push more cooperation because ERMERGerdNUGGET needs to focus on Fletching and Weapon Smithing so doesn't have points to invest in Medical Marijuana. :)

no xp gain for blacksmith etc

I'm not sure if this was mentionned before and i'm sorry if it was but i want to know about the XP gain from forge or workbench. I'm not getting blacksmith/trap/etc.. whenever i craft and i leave the station...

it is supposed to work like that? if i craft 50 trap i have to stay with the workbench menu open to level up my trap skill?

by the way thank you for this awesome mod Valmar :):calm::calm:

If I started a character and accidentally deleted the questline in place to assist the class I've chosen, is there any way to get it back? If so how?

If not, how can I delete my character to start over?

Would be very grateful for any thoughts/advice :)

Well if you just started you could load up a new map. I mean if you dont care about deleting your character then it shouldn't be an issue, right?

Otherwise the easiest option is to toggle creative mode in the console (default F2 key) with cm and then go into the creative mode menu (default U key I believe) and find the class quest item relevant to you.

If you want to delete your character you can also do that, but it might be a bit more complicated to understand. Unless you're in a unique situation it would be easier to make a new map.

The rarity of the screamer, I want to make her more rare because having 7 screamers each day is a little annoying to be honest on a singleplayer/multiplayer server.

And ofc one more question; What happens if I am on a diffrent pc and I download the mod on my other pc (that I dont have the mod on) will my data and player character be respawned as a new player character? Or will I still have my current player character due to I am not the host of the server.

The screamer zombie only spawns as a "scout" zombie which is only trigger if the "heat level" of the area you're in exceeds a certain threshold. For example if you're running multiple campfires and forges it generate "heat" which will eventually cause the game to send a scout to investigate. There is no way to reduce how often the screamer shows up, practically speaking. I found it was handy to have an off-site location for forging and campfires that was away from my main base to avoid attracting too much attention from the local bitters.

As for your question... Let me ensure I understand it correctly. You're playing on a server and want to know if you join the server with a new computer will you still have the same character or would you have to start over. Is that right?

You shouldn't need to start over. As long as you're logged into the same steam account it should still be the same character regardless of where you login from. Though I'm not super savvy on 7DTD servers, either. But I'm fairly confident that you'd still be the same character.

Jason type events/npcs...not necessarily more Jason spawning...so more Jason "like stuff". The crazy thing with the Jason NPC is that it can easily be confused as a person. So while you are wondering if you should talk or fight....well he is coming to kill you! It's great. I've encountered him 3 times now and run for the base if it's close.

I am increasingly interested in trying to get more out of the endgame while we wait for more core content. That is what motivated my comments. I'd just like to draw out the 'getting to' endgame content more if at all possible.

I can try and get motivated and actually dig into the xml...but what I am saying here is that for me slower progression coupled with higher tier recipes equal a better experience overall. So take something like the repeater crossbow. Perhaps the skill specialization on some truly game changing stuff should rest in the 100 skill point range (or higher) of specialization. NOW..:) I realize this might not be the intent of your mod and it might not be enjoyable to others either. For me though, drawing out the arrival of endgame is almost as important as adding content to endgame. By moving some skills higher on the tree it would push more cooperation because ERMERGerdNUGGET needs to focus on Fletching and Weapon Smithing so doesn't have points to invest in Medical Marijuana. :)

I'm not sure we'll see more Jason-type npcs - at least not until A16. Jason technically isn't a zombie, so other zombies will attack him and he will attack them. Yet he is an undying death machine, so definitely not meant to be human. This fits with the theme for Jason, so its not a big deal. But others? I dont know. Might be out of place.

That being said I really do want to see a crazy bearded maniac chasing someone through the woods with an axe. So I'm not ruling anything out.

Before that though I will likely be adding in some more unique zombies. Like maybe a hell hound that is actually on fire. Or maybe a "regenerator" zombie that regenerates its health if you don't kill it quick enough. We'll have to see how that plays out. Going to have to find the time to make the new archetype for a "rengerator" zombie though. I have a few concepts in my head but making a really unique-looking zombie can take a lot of time, depending on how detailed you want to go into it. For example, Jason took me an afternoon because I was really obsessed with getting the look as good as I could. A lot of little details most people wont even notice anyway. Lol

I'm not sure if this was mentionned before and i'm sorry if it was but i want to know about the XP gain from forge or workbench. I'm not getting blacksmith/trap/etc.. whenever i craft and i leave the station...

it is supposed to work like that? if i craft 50 trap i have to stay with the workbench menu open to level up my trap skill?

by the way thank you for this awesome mod Valmar :):calm::calm:

Yes, in 7DTD you have to be in the workstation as the crafting finishes to get credit for any recipe crafted in it - or for the crafting timer to benefit from your skill level. This is a vanilla mechanic and how the game functions - I cannot change it. Unfortunate but true.

Thank you, glad you enjoy it.

POI Density or help mixing these terrain and biom generator settings with yours.

Hey Valmar, First off great mod! Your mod is the reason i came back to 7 days to die for the 3rd time. Now that being said i have a question. I'm running your Overhaul with the Compo pack and everything is working great. Only issue I have is the density of things, The lack of POI's drives me a little crazy. I play on small seeds and i still end up running for a good 30 minutes IRL time before seeing anything. I was messing with the rwgmixer to no avail. To be fair I'm guessing everything. Just by looking at it and having knowledge on the terrain and biom generators i though it should be common sense, but any time i change the probability or max count of a POI i just get spammed with errors when i hop in game. Playing the guessing game just isn't working out for me. I found a lot of info on changing the Terrain and Biom generators but nothing to do with POI's. The lack of info leads me to believe that perhaps its an issue that cant be helped at the moment, Do correct me if I'm wrong. If that is the case and it cant be helped then perhaps you could tell me how to use these Terrain and Biom generator settings with your rwgmixer for the Overhaul.

This code belongs to Tin btw.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18122&d=1479251238

Getting this to work with your rwgmixer is the next best thing to increasing the POI density. Also, Sorry for asking for help. I know your busy with other things but I've hit a roadblock on this one. Been sitting here for 5 hours banging my head against the desk hoping to get things ready for Friday to play with my friends.

I am using Valmod on my public server - with a small break when we used Clockwork Project - since it was available. It is greatly appreciated by my players, even after the changes the last version brought in.

My personal opinion, Valmod should focus on balancing and crafting. All those new Zombies and bandits, which are not really balanced and only partially ready to use, should be part of other mods. If a server owner wants them, he/she should add them manually (and should be able to, otherwise running a modded server would be no the wisest choice).

I would really prefer to see Valmod focusing in crafting and balancing. Some sparse Zombies maybe, like the Jason, which scares the Sh** out of my players, but Valmod should not try to be everybodies darling in case of adding each and every idea.

Hey Valmar, First off great mod! Your mod is the reason i came back to 7 days to die for the 3rd time. Now that being said i have a question. I'm running your Overhaul with the Compo pack and everything is working great. Only issue I have is the density of things, The lack of POI's drives me a little crazy. I play on small seeds and i still end up running for a good 30 minutes IRL time before seeing anything. I was messing with the rwgmixer to no avail. To be fair I'm guessing everything. Just by looking at it and having knowledge on the terrain and biom generators i though it should be common sense, but any time i change the probability or max count of a POI i just get spammed with errors when i hop in game. Playing the guessing game just isn't working out for me. I found a lot of info on changing the Terrain and Biom generators but nothing to do with POI's. The lack of info leads me to believe that perhaps its an issue that cant be helped at the moment, Do correct me if I'm wrong. If that is the case and it cant be helped then perhaps you could tell me how to use these Terrain and Biom generator settings with your rwgmixer for the Overhaul.

This code belongs to Tin btw.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18122&d=1479251238

Getting this to work with your rwgmixer is the next best thing to increasing the POI density. Also, Sorry for asking for help. I know your busy with other things but I've hit a roadblock on this one. Been sitting here for 5 hours banging my head against the desk hoping to get things ready for Friday to play with my friends.

My rwgmixer is actually vanilla. You can just replace mine with Tin's if you want his changes. No further effort required.

The regenerator zombie sounds great. What we need is something that stalks cities and is a real threat in group late game. There isn't too much that cannot be dealt with late game except for overly large hordes that have ferals tossed in for good measure.

Well that is a bit impossible. I cannot make hub spawn zombies only show up on certain days. There is a real threat to groups there, though. The Brute can be found in the city. Those who want more because their server is on day 700 and everyone is maxed out demi-gods should ask their server operator to ramp up the difficulty to match their level. Increase enemy spawning and difficulty. Lower loot abundance. There are a lot of things a server operator can do to make the experience more challenging on the players. I believe this is a better option than changing the base mod to suit those very specific needs.

I am using Valmod on my public server - with a small break when we used Clockwork Project - since it was available. It is greatly appreciated by my players, even after the changes the last version brought in.

Hello Puschpa. I'm pleased to hear you and your crew still enjoy Valmod despite the many transitions it has been through. Clearly it must be doing something right if it manages to hold the attention of such veteran players. High praise indeed, thank you.

Quest Items

Just wondering what the quest items are for. So far I have found a cig carton and toilet paper... 3 of each in fact, and since they dont stack there becoming an issue. Do i just keep killing zeds until I get a quest for these items?

Also, great great great mod. Breathing new life into 7 days for me. Thanks!!!!!

Lovin the overhaul...

I was just wondering if have been looking all over the place and finally found working UI with 90 slot backpack but when I replace the files nessisary I lose the use of the working oven and armor table... Do you know how to fix that or any plans on adding it to pack? Please help I find most fun out and about not constantly running to drop off much needed loot so this was a great find if it just worked with your fantastic mod. Which by the way thank you so much for taking the time to come up with such a great mod...

Just wondering what the quest items are for. So far I have found a cig carton and toilet paper... 3 of each in fact, and since they dont stack there becoming an issue. Do i just keep killing zeds until I get a quest for these items?

Also, great great great mod. Breathing new life into 7 days for me. Thanks!!!!!

Aye, you'll have to keep searching until you find a quest that needs them. Personally I'd sell the extras to a trader for gold - but thats up to you. I'll try to make the quests themselves a bit easier to find - perhaps even add them to the traders so you can buy them.

Glad you're having fun.

I was just wondering if have been looking all over the place and finally found working UI with 90 slot backpack but when I replace the files nessisary I lose the use of the working oven and armor table... Do you know how to fix that or any plans on adding it to pack? Please help I find most fun out and about not constantly running to drop off much needed loot so this was a great find if it just worked with your fantastic mod. Which by the way thank you so much for taking the time to come up with such a great mod...

Such a mod, unfortunately, is not compatible with my mod without manually modifying the relevant xml files to merge all the changes. This could be a very long, tedious and impractical process for most players. Though if you know what you need it shouldn't be that difficult. Just xui.xml changes and some of my windows.xml changes in relation to workstation tools.

Coincidentally, do you have a link?

Also, you're welcome. Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying it.

Archived