A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

After extracting the two folders to the game's base directory, everything seems to be working except the UI is missing textures, getting question marks in the customized spots. Is there anything else needed for installation aside from extract to base directory and play?

An active internet connection. Textures are hosted online.

Assuming you are playing Overhaul you can install this ontop of it to get what you're after:

Valmod Overhaul - Horde Edition

You can pick and choose what files you want based off what you're after. Use the items.xml if you want lethal headshots. Use gamestages and spawning.xml if you want larger-sized hordes. Use entityclasses.xml if you want to disable all day-time-running zombies so you can then enable never-run zombies with the game settings.

Otherwise the file that handles zombie's movement speed and health is the entityclasses.xml

Not possible from my limited testing of signs, unfortunately.

Hi

I play with overhaul and wanted to use item.xml and entityclasses.xml. So i download and put them in data/config. When i start a new game or load a save, there is an error, tried both file separately and same result, not working. It say NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi

I play with overhaul and wanted to use item.xml and entityclasses.xml. So i download and put them in data/config. When i start a new game or load a save, there is an error, tried both file separately and same result, not working. It say NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

It works for me.

Are you sure you installed this over Valmod Overhaul?

I suggest you re-install valmod overhaul then the files you want for Horde again and see if you still have the issue.

Val,

gamestages.xml is new to the Horde Master file set - I see that it changes "maxalive=". That increases the amount of zombies, right?

It works for me.

Are you sure you installed this over Valmod Overhaul?

I suggest you re-install valmod overhaul then the files you want for Hordr again and see if you still have the issue.

Val,

gamestages.xml is new to the Horde Master file set - I see that it changes "maxalive=". That increases the amount of zombies, right?

It work now, i had downloaded the files the wrong way the first time.

Good night guys.Sorry for my bad English,but I have this problem.I have installed Valmod Overhaul.In the game when crafting Armory,she dont work.f you try to go into it,nothing happens.And in the console you can see error,that not found some XUI,or something like that.Also when you create and install Working Oven,also nothing happens.How can I fix these bugs?

Cant get mod to work correctly on dedicated server

3 of us installed overhual. and dedicated host owner installed overhual on server. but when we logged in didnt get the items. and one guy wasnt able to upgrade wooden frames for some reason. I tried to host a mp server threw game. and items spawned BUT i wasnt able to get the wooden bow recipie? i spawned in the locked suitcase for hunter 4 times to try and reread the pages. but couldnt get it to work. and wasnt able to just find the recipie book to learn it either sadly.

Can you give us a step by step "dummies" set of directions? lol have 3 pc's and a dedicated server to set up for this. already had vanilla game set up on it prior.

also forgot to mention earlier that hunter states u get a bow? but you actually get the scoped hunting rifle.

And on sigle player i love this mod lol just need get it to work on our dedicated server for all of us on it.

again thank you for all the replies and help on steam.

finially saw your guide you linked on steam lol and i see wooden bow is lvl 10 player bound? first time i did huunter i was able to do the starter quest where craft axe on up to visit trader. but last few tries wasnt getting it. i hate cheating as gets to addicting... but ill lvl up a test toon to try and see if unlocks. and im just going to fast threw tutorial? just realized its weapon skill not player lvl. if cant make the bow how do i level it? havent found many bows yet due to my bad luck.

Can anyone please tell me what the Classical Literature Book is for. It says Quest item so are you given a quest to find one?

Its a quest item. Its only used for a quest. Save it for later or sell it. Or scrap it.

Val,

Correct. The NightHorde in spawning.xml no longer works as the 7 Day Hordes now are powere dby the gamestages. The maxalive change was to make the night hordes a tad larger (from 8 max to 10).

Good night guys.Sorry for my bad English,but I have this problem.I have installed Valmod Overhaul.In the game when crafting Armory,she dont work.f you try to go into it,nothing happens.And in the console you can see error,that not found some XUI,or something like that.Also when you create and install Working Oven,also nothing happens.How can I fix these bugs?

Reinstall the mod. Also not add any UI mod ontop of it. It sounds like you tried to add another UI mod to Valmod - that doesn't work that way.

3 of us installed overhual. and dedicated host owner installed overhual on server. but when we logged in didnt get the items. and one guy wasnt able to upgrade wooden frames for some reason. I tried to host a mp server threw game. and items spawned BUT i wasnt able to get the wooden bow recipie? i spawned in the locked suitcase for hunter 4 times to try and reread the pages. but couldnt get it to work. and wasnt able to just find the recipie book to learn it either sadly.

Can you give us a step by step "dummies" set of directions? lol have 3 pc's and a dedicated server to set up for this. already had vanilla game set up on it prior.

also forgot to mention earlier that hunter states u get a bow? but you actually get the scoped hunting rifle.

And on sigle player i love this mod lol just need get it to work on our dedicated server for all of us on it.

again thank you for all the replies and help on steam.

finially saw your guide you linked on steam lol and i see wooden bow is lvl 10 player bound? first time i did huunter i was able to do the starter quest where craft axe on up to visit trader. but last few tries wasnt getting it. i hate cheating as gets to addicting... but ill lvl up a test toon to try and see if unlocks. and im just going to fast threw tutorial? just realized its weapon skill not player lvl. if cant make the bow how do i level it? havent found many bows yet due to my bad luck.

A lot to go over here. Lets begin.

Is it really a dedicated server or is it hosted by a service provider? Either way the install process is the same as singleplayer. YOu install the mod into the server's install directory. If you're dedicated and have access to the server locally then this is easy and the same steps basically apply. Open the server's install directory and install. Dedicated Servers are basically just duplicate installs of the game so the structure should look identical.

If you're actually running a hosted server by a server host provider then you will need FTP access to their files - but other than needing to use something like FIlezilla the process is still the same. Open the install directory that has the relevant files and install the mod there.

If the mod is installed correctly also ensure its your first time ever joining the map. If your character has ever joining or tried to join before the mod was on then you won't have the starting items. They're a one-time only thing for players who first join the server.

Hunter does not start with the bow anymore, he starts with a rifle.

Wooden Bow is locked behind level 10 in Archery, not player-level.

The hunter description should only say it starts with a bow if you've got an older version installed or Expansion Pack. Which I will fix btw since the description shouldn't say that in Expansion pack either.

Unless you find bows the only way to level it initially is find skillbooks that teach it or spend skill points to level it up.

Hey folks?

How do I change the fertilizer craft time?

Thanks!

Recipes.xml

The fertilizer time is actually perfectly balanced in overhaul for the materials used as it has no pre-set timer. But you can make it shorter or longer by manually adding this to the recipe: craft_time="10"

So, for example:

<recipe name="fertilizer" count="1" craft_area="chemistryStation" craft_timer="10">

<ingredient name="rottingFlesh" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="potassiumNitratePowder" count="10"/>

<ingredient name="dirtFragment" count="5"/>

</recipe>

Hey Val,

I don't think making Loki's water in the science station levels up science (or anything for that matter) - not sure if this was intentional or not.

Thank you. I'll add it to sciece.

A lot to go over here. Lets begin.

Is it really a dedicated server or is it hosted by a service provider? Either way the install process is the same as singleplayer. YOu install the mod into the server's install directory. If you're dedicated and have access to the server locally then this is easy and the same steps basically apply. Open the server's install directory and install. Dedicated Servers are basically just duplicate installs of the game so the structure should look identical.

If you're actually running a hosted server by a server host provider then you will need FTP access to their files - but other than needing to use something like FIlezilla the process is still the same. Open the install directory that has the relevant files and install the mod there.

If the mod is installed correctly also ensure its your first time ever joining the map. If your character has ever joining or tried to join before the mod was on then you won't have the starting items. They're a one-time only thing for players who first join the server.

Hunter does not start with the bow anymore, he starts with a rifle.

Wooden Bow is locked behind level 10 in Archery, not player-level.

The hunter description should only say it starts with a bow if you've got an older version installed or Expansion Pack. Which I will fix btw since the description shouldn't say that in Expansion pack either.

Unless you find bows the only way to level it initially is find skillbooks that teach it or spend skill points to level it up.

oh ok i should of stated that it is a hosted server provider not sure which its friends rented server.

and maybe thats issue. i got mod like other night so thought was up to date. i did as you suggest and made dup copies one vanilla one modded. so ill just delete and reinstall into a fresh copy. not sure how but maybe i got old version some how and they have current? though one was haveing issues with upgradeing wooden frame for quest. and all hadd tio spawn in key and class selection clipboard.

ok so basicially fresh download/install. ill get all to do it.

oh ok i should of stated that it is a hosted server provider not sure which its friends rented server.

and maybe thats issue. i got mod like other night so thought was up to date. i did as you suggest and made dup copies one vanilla one modded. so ill just delete and reinstall into a fresh copy. not sure how but maybe i got old version some how and they have current? though one was haveing issues with upgradeing wooden frame for quest. and all hadd tio spawn in key and class selection clipboard.

ok so basicially fresh download/install. ill get all to do it.

First off btw the reason your friend couldn't upgrade wooodframes is because you need carpenter kits. These are items only someone with a skill in Carpentry can craft. I assume that was the misunderstanding, he probably was trying to use plain wood.

The server itself has its own files that you have to install the mod to. Having it installed on your own machine is not enough, if I understand your problem right. You need to access the server's directory using FTP (filezilla is a free, easy solution) and install the mod there. The install steps are the same as singleplayer, you just have to do more to get to the right place since its a server and not something you can locally reach. If your friend needs help with this tell him he can message me on steam and I can do it for him, if he wants.

Valmod V4.1 Update

Some various tweaks and changes coming your way.

Changelog:

Merchant Delivery Station has returned! It is now unlocked by leveling bartering to level 20. Unlock before however the merchant delivery station now functions as a vending machine where you can purchase various items but at 2.5x markup value.

(Expansion) Fixed hunter class description.

(Expansion) Removed crudeNail from scrapIron recipes.

(Overhaul) Various item description changes to reflect Overhaul mechanics better.

(Overhaul) Veteran perks now teach 10mm bullet instead of 762mm

(Overhaul) Auger and chainsaw blade recipes use mechanicalKits

Survivor's Briefcase description was modified to reflect that it wont unlock when destroyed.

ZombieJason and his corpse block have had their localization changed (in-game name).

ZombieJason's loot was slightly adjusted.

ZombieJason's spawn chance was further reduced.

Small reduction (-1) of city zombie spawns.

Added commented out stamina/food/hunger percentage numbers in the windows.xml so players can enable them.

The buff popup size was increased.

Added a text nod to SMX UI in the top right corner so players know what UI Valmod is using and credit can go where its due.

Tranquilizer was added to medicine loot.

Lowered quest item's droprate.

Added buff admins can toggle with buff admin or debuff with debuff admin that makes them basically godmode

Minibike storage greatly increased.

Added Zombie Kill counter to the HUD.

lokiMeat has value

lokiWater now levels science

Traps skill now grouped in Tools/Traps

mechanicalKit localization

Assuming you are playing Overhaul you can install this ontop of it to get what you're after:

Valmod Overhaul - Horde Edition

You can pick and choose what files you want based off what you're after. Use the items.xml if you want lethal headshots. Use gamestages and spawning.xml if you want larger-sized hordes. Use entityclasses.xml if you want to disable all day-time-running zombies so you can then enable never-run zombies with the game settings.

Otherwise the file that handles zombie's movement speed and health is the entityclasses.xml

Unfortunately Horde Edition that you linked to is not updated for Valmod 4, items.xml needs to have a lot of things changed for the new perk system and entityclasses.xml does not have your custom zombies. Not sure what you might need to do for spawning.xml with the way spawning has changed in A15 and there is no gamestages file in there like you referenced.

At least with using something like WinMerge it shouldn't be too bad with the 3 that are there in the repository.

Also, why make it that you HAVE to spend points in archery to unlock the wooden bow early? Creating arrows raises the fletching skill, not archery which means the only way to raise it to 10 to get the bow is spend points or get lucky to find some books.

Hi Val, i made some changes to stack sizes to be 30k because noone likes to have 100 stacks of the same items :p

Also player made storage chests and storage containers were at 8x9 for some reason i dont know if this is standard but i changed them to be 10x9 to match the cardboard boxes and desks.

Would you consider these changes to be standard in your version? If so i can upload the files if you cant be bothered making the changes :)

Unfortunately Horde Edition that you linked to is not updated for Valmod 4, items.xml needs to have a lot of things changed for the new perk system and entityclasses.xml does not have your custom zombies. Not sure what you might need to do for spawning.xml with the way spawning has changed in A15 and there is no gamestages file in there like you referenced.

At least with using something like WinMerge it shouldn't be too bad with the 3 that are there in the repository.

Also, why make it that you HAVE to spend points in archery to unlock the wooden bow early? Creating arrows raises the fletching skill, not archery which means the only way to raise it to 10 to get the bow is spend points or get lucky to find some books.

Incorrect. It is updated. Perhaps you're looking at an old download. Ensure you're using the latest.

The spawning.xml still controls hub, prefab, city, biome and wandering horde spawns. The gamestages only impacts the 7 Day Horde.

You do not HAVE to spend points in archery to unlock the bow early - as you later point out you can also find books. Because how else would you level your skill with a bow if not with a bow? Plus this fits in well from the previous versions. Previously the Wooden Bow was a 10 point perk. Now it unlocks at level 10 Archery. So not much has changed in that regard when it comes to the bow. I could make the wooden bow extra craptastic and a "free recipe" and make the "new" wooden bow the Loki bow. Though then I'd lose the fancy Loki quest and I do hate to give that up. We'll see how things go once we get a compound bow.

Hi Val, i made some changes to stack sizes to be 30k because noone likes to have 100 stacks of the same items :p

Also player made storage chests and storage containers were at 8x9 for some reason i dont know if this is standard but i changed them to be 10x9 to match the cardboard boxes and desks.

Would you consider these changes to be standard in your version? If so i can upload the files if you cant be bothered making the changes :)

The storage sizes of the vanilla chests is intentional - though reluctant. 10,9 is too large for some resolutions. Players who are on very small resolutions or aspect ratios have part of the backpack loot cutoff because it all doesn't fit on the screen. This isn't a game-breaker, though. Just annoying if you're in that situation. Me leaving the vanilla containers as-is was a bit of a compromise to give them an option that fits. Though like I said, reluctant. I might change it back and just shrug them away anyway. I doubt there are many effected by it. Still, that was my initial reasoning for it. How long I maintain that courtesy is another story.

I would consider stacksize changes it if you gave me a list of all the resource stack sizes you think should be changed.

Val,

Crafting scrap metal from the forge does not raise blacksmithing - not sure if this is intentional or not.

This is actually related to a vanilla setting. The recipe is setup as such:

<recipe name="scrapIron" count="1" craft_area="forge" material_based="true" craft_time = "1" craft_exp_gain="0">

<ingredient name="unit_iron" count="1"/>

</recipe>

I assume they did to prevent players from infinitely grinding resources. Create scrap iron, smelt it back in the forge, create more scrap iron. Rinse and repeat, an endless cycle. As such I understand why they made it give 0 exp. That being said, given the nature of my mod and Blacksmithing, I don't necessarily disagree with the notion that it should give experience. If a player wants to stay there and grind it for hours, well, thats on them. It might be a bit "cheaty" but it does make a degree of sense.

I considered it, really. I still do consider it. I'm just a bit worried about what kind of unintended impact that might have. Could make leveling too easy, maybe you could just stand there afk for an hour and come back and have level 50. I don't know. I haven't had time to really dabble in it enough to test those concerns yet. But I will be looking in on it.

"We'll see how things go once we get a compound bow. "

Nice!

When will we see that?!

I was referring to a planned vanilla feature, actually. Madmole mentioned it in one of his recent videos that they hope to add a compound bow. Technically I could add one now (and have thought about it a lot in the past) but not being able to change the in-game model really hurts the experience to me.No matter how pretty the icon, Im still holding this ugly batch of sticks and string. Granted I could probably say the same thing about a lot of my items and weapons but still... really been waiting for a compound bow model to be officially added.

Incorrect. It is updated. Perhaps you're looking at an old download. Ensure you're using the latest.

I see what happened. I was using the 7D2D Launcher and that still has everything pointing to the 7days2mod version of the HORDE edition but that hasn't been updated in 17 days. Grabbing it directly from your github has the updated files. Unfortunately they do have the updated version of the Overhaul so the new Overhaul and the old HORDE cause things to break. ;)

My question about the bow was simply concern over not having any kind of ranged weapon available if you run out of ammo for whatever gun you happen to start with. We can sit there and create hundreds of arrows but throwing them at the zombies won't do anything. Can make starting off a nervous endeavor for someone like me who prefers to keep the zombies at range. :)

One other question I had, for the Survivor they get a crossbow but no skill to make bolts. So why no ability to make ammo for their weapon and why remove the stone bolts?

I see what happened. I was using the 7D2D Launcher and that still has everything pointing to the 7days2mod version of the HORDE edition but that hasn't been updated in 17 days. Grabbing it directly from your github has the updated files. Unfortunately they do have the updated version of the Overhaul so the new Overhaul and the old HORDE cause things to break. ;)

My question about the bow was simply concern over not having any kind of ranged weapon available if you run out of ammo for whatever gun you happen to start with. We can sit there and create hundreds of arrows but throwing them at the zombies won't do anything. Can make starting off a nervous endeavor for someone like me who prefers to keep the zombies at range. :)

One other question I had, for the Survivor they get a crossbow but no skill to make bolts. So why no ability to make ammo for their weapon and why remove the stone bolts?

I'll ask SphereII to update the configs to point to vals repo directly.

I've merged the changes into the 7days2mod fork so you should be able to use the launcher for the current version now

Archived