V1.0 b325 EXP (b327 Hotfix)

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Go into the creative menu with cm, enable the dev blocks and get some quest tickets.

But then I'll get extra experience and loot, I wouldn't want that. Is it possible to get only progression points?

10 minutes ago, Danzo said:

But then I'll get extra experience and loot, I wouldn't want that. Is it possible to get only progression points?

I am not aware of any command line command that could do this. I've also been reset to T3 but that doesn't bother me as I do quests just for fun anyway.

Uh, okay. I've created a simple modlet that can be used to revert back to the previous progression. We'll need a T6 quest ticket from the creative menu. I have removed all the rewards from this quest, which will allow us to get progression points quickly, but no experience or loot. Don't forget to turn off the daily quest limit.
I'll leave it here, I don't think anyone will mind. Just in case anyone could use it:

Edited by Danzo (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, LewZephyr said:

whereabouts on a dedicated server do I configure that?

In your serverconfig.xml, down at the bottom. It defaults to 3, change it to -1 for Unlimited. 

On 7/20/2024 at 12:56 AM, therealccl said:

Why are patches coming out at 1am?

If I read the note correctly, last nights update was to fix Twitch Bit Commands not working, I feel most Twitch streamers appreciate that ;).

On 7/20/2024 at 1:54 AM, Jack11803 said:

Apologies, I did in fact miss part of the notes. I’m so happy the cursor is back. I can’t find it it the notes, at least for now, is holding triangle to scrap, drop, etc still required? And is d-pad still reduced to only one quick swap that’s your previous item, instead of the previous 3 on the left of the hot bar? The former is, in my experiencing far more frustrating than the latter which is only a tiny downgrade. But if those get addressed, I will certainly be a happy camper. A way to move during the new quick wheel for the hot bar would also perfectly substitute the old d-pad usage.

Oh! I LOVED the D-Pad having 3 quick swap spots. This (n)ew way seems a bit more janky. But maybe just something I need to relearn :).

14 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Two things I want to ask.

1: Are there plans on reintroducing zombies attacking alive non-zombie animals?
2: And what about adding footsteps to animals? (Animals are stuck in A17 in terms of having no footstep audio)

1 No plans, but it could change.

2 They could use them, but not happening for 1.0.

Hello, I'm sorry I tried to download the drive and insert it into the "World" file but I still don't have access to my old backup, do you know how to solve this problem?

51 minutes ago, Msos said:

Hello, I'm sorry I tried to download the drive and insert it into the "World" file but I still don't have access to my old backup, do you know how to solve this problem?

I think when you really have tried to shove your drive into a World file, your backup is lost. In fact probably all is lost.

😉

8 hours ago, Danzo said:

You won't get loot.  Just experience.  Not sure there's a way around that without a mod. (Ignore as this is incorrect) :)

2 hours ago, Msos said:

If you're referring to the Pregen world, post 1 in this thread has a link to download the old Pregen worlds.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Danzo said:

Riamus Both loot and experience are given for this quest in vanilla. You can check it yourself. Besides, the loot in this quest is written in XML :) 

I didn't think a dev quest ticket gave loot.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I used them once, but it's been a while.  Just tested and you're right.  Odd.  I didn't think that happened before, but like I said, it's been a while.  Maybe I was thinking about the dev XP items instead.  Of course, you can drop all rewards.  The XP is the only thing that really requires a mod to fix since there's not a subtract option for the console command for changing XP.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Riamus said:

I didn't think a dev quest ticket gave loot.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I used them once, but it's been a while.

The ticket just gives you a completed quest. Turning in the quest at the trader gives you xp, loot and coin. All easily modded though.

not sure where i should post this its not specifically a 1.0 bug but it is an issue i have since updating to the latest build.

my trader hugh(not sure if any other traders have) reset quest to tier 2 i was on tier 4.

With so many hotfixes coming in quick succession the last few days, it makes me wonder if any of these were tested at all? With all the bugs, it just seems like they were coded and thrown out to us.

1 minute ago, Old Crow said:

With so many hotfixes coming in quick succession the last few days, it makes me wonder if any of these were tested at all? With all the bugs, it just seems like they were coded and thrown out to us.

Probably rushing to get console out

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

That was my thinking but.. yeesh. Testing is a thing for a reason.

I kind of see it as a logical move. Reputation, respect, big pond.

Gotta protect their "".
Gotta get their "".
Or they won't be able to stand toe to toe in their "".

Suddenly selling on the big 2 console distribution.

It's what Joel spoke about in different Interviews, this is the next step. One more to go after this.

Gotta be great, gotta be right, because there is only one chance to make a first impression with them.

Think Bill Gates meets IBM.  Pirates of silicon valley "good movie".

Gotta be nerve wracking.

They have 96 hours, think of how many things that could be pointed out and fleshed out, in the forum by then.

They are testing it on us.

2 hours ago, Old Crow said:

We test changes, but with limited time, there is limited testing. This is why we tell people it is experimental and to expect a variety of issues. I am surprised the save games actually made it this far being still playable.

It may seem like a lot of players playing experimentals, but actually a large majority of players do not play experimentals.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)

Is my understanding correct that I need to download files from Google Drive, unzip them, and then transfer them to the world file?

We performed these tasks on both the server side and the user side, but "hotel02" still has a generation bug and cannot be accessed. What should we do?

3 hours ago, markboston37 said:

not sure where i should post this its not specifically a 1.0 bug but it is an issue i have since updating to the latest build.

my trader hugh(not sure if any other traders have) reset quest to tier 2 i was on tier 4.

This is known due to changes with the patch.  It won't be an issue on a new game, but existing games may lose progress.

34 minutes ago, アカデイズ said:

Is my understanding correct that I need to download files from Google Drive, unzip them, and then transfer them to the world file?

We performed these tasks on both the server side and the user side, but "hotel02" still has a generation bug and cannot be accessed. What should we do?

You need that if you are doing Pregen with an existing save.  If you are doing RWG or if you start a new game with the Pregen files included with the latest patch (not the ones you can download, which are outdated), it is not necessary.  The fix for hotel_02 might or might not be in the pregen maps.  I don't play them, so not sure.  But it should work on RWG.  If not, post a bug report so they can hopefully fix it before the 25th.

1 hour ago, faatal said:

We test changes, but with limited time, there is limited testing. This is why we tell people it is experimental and to expect a variety of issues. I am surprised the save games actually made it this far being still playable.

It may seem like a lot of players playing experimentals, but actually a large majority of players do not play experimentals.

Thanks for that. I know they were coming out rapid fire over the weekend, so limited testing makes sense. Keep going!

23 hours ago, FranticDan said:

: Are there plans on reintroducing zombies attacking alive non-zombie animals?

I'm not sure if you were being specific with regard to who actually starts the fight, but some of the living animals start fights with zombies (bears and wolves at least).

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀