90 duct tape for a drone level 6 ​😆

17 hours ago, theFlu said:

You wouldn't really lose the rest though, except in specific circumstances; as in, you'd still have plenty of fine firewood after getting that one log. Or finding that one durable weapon part within the pile, you'd still have the lesser quality ones to make weaker arms with...

Hey quit picking out the flaws in my logic lol.  Although with the wood specifically you aren't losing and wood from making logs.  A log burns for as long as the wood it takes to burn would(supposedly, I didn't verify though.)

Just wait till you find one in loot. I've sold like 2 quality 5 drones because they are just annoying as hell and get in the way. 

Is the amount needed to craft stupid yes it is. Here is my solution. Quest and do PoIs while saving up the mats for it. If you get lucky and find one in loot congrats you saved yourself tons of mats if not oh well. BTW as the rules of looting dictate you will probably find a drone after you crafted it. So either way you are going to get annoyed one way or another.

9 hours ago, theFlu said:

Isn't it 90 bottles and 630 cloth.. a curtain giving two, so about a dishong tower's worth of window covering. I think it's more of a para-glider than a drone... :)

Its 1 glue and 7 cloth per duct tape right?

Either way its a ridiculous amount, but para glider is a cool idea!

Personally, I do think the cloth requirements to make the duct tape is kinda excessive. The major limiting factor in game right now for me is actually the cloth itself, glue is easy enough with water and bones. And since there is no more regular clothing to scrap to cloth now, its alot harder to get. Used to pop into Savage Country POIs to just get all my cloth needs to last me weeks. That's no longer applicable unfortunately (though its a good source for Armor and Legendary Parts now). 

In fact, I'm heavily invested into Living of the Land just so I can farm cotton really. I'm also hoping to get a spare legendary part so I can craft the Farmer Outfit for more crops. 

Not only that, it makes no sense for a item to cost MORE mats the more skilled at crafting it you are, if anything the mat costs should be reduced, or better just static. 1.0 is basically the tedium/stall update as tfp knows the game has no real content so they need to make console players take forever to realize this. I've played alot of survival games and 7dtd 1.0 has some of the most insane craft requirements i've seen in them. I mean how would that drone even fly with 90 rolls of duct tape stuck to it? or how would u swing that piackaxe that used 100 bars of steel to craft? I mean a steel bar like that prob weights a few pounds at least. Yeah yeah I know its a game so realism doesn't apply, but sometimes it needs to have limits.

I've already given up on 1.0 like 5-7 days after it came out in experimental, prob won't bother with it again till overhauls are out as those overhauls are actually ya know fun and balanced properly. Not to mention they have a actual challenge other than just inflating enemy health.

6 hours ago, Euzio said:

Personally, I do think the cloth requirements to make the duct tape is kinda excessive. The major limiting factor in game right now for me is actually the cloth itself, glue is easy enough with water and bones. And since there is no more regular clothing to scrap to cloth now, its alot harder to get. Used to pop into Savage Country POIs to just get all my cloth needs to last me weeks. That's no longer applicable unfortunately (though its a good source for Armor and Legendary Parts now). 

In fact, I'm heavily invested into Living of the Land just so I can farm cotton really. I'm also hoping to get a spare legendary part so I can craft the Farmer Outfit for more crops. 

Yeah 1.0 is the first time I've felt a need to have to plant cotton due to the insane cost of bandages/duct tape, and the lack of clothing to scrap for it. IMO they should have left the clothes in as only an item meant to be scrapped. Many survival games do this, where you loot junk then break it down into componnent parts. Clothes stores are almost not worth looting anymore. They could also solve this by increasing how much cloth you find in sources that drop it. Instead of 2-3 cloth, make it drop an average of 10 cloth. Its still not as much as u'd get for scrapping clothes in a21, but its better than the current 1-3 per.

On 7/14/2024 at 10:51 PM, Euzio said:

Yes, cloth being less available means the wasteland treasures book that turns grass into cloth is a lot more valuable. I never really used that feature in previous alphas because with all the scrapped clothes I would have stacks of cloth.

On 7/15/2024 at 3:51 AM, Euzio said:

I feel quite the same about CLOTH in 1.0.

Why not more electronic parts and circuit boards, or whatever instead of duct tape for a drone... deeevs 

250 grass weed to craft cigar mod... cmon devs...

On 7/11/2024 at 4:00 PM, Blasphemous said:

90 duct tape for a stupid drone? Is it just a gigantic roll of flying tape or what?

Is this supposed to be some sort of @%$#ed balance thing?

Why does it have to be NINETY?! Seriously... it's enough to build a Myth Busters' duct tape plane.

Shouldn't it be like 90 polymers and maybe 5 DT?

Man, this made me die laughing ... gigantic roll of flying tape!! (kind of like the flying spaghetti monster?! maybe?)

Seriously, I think every once in a while TFP make a strange requirement, lol. I like your suggestion that is should take more than just tape. In fact, like you know how everything has "part"?  machine gun parts, handgun parts, bladed parts, etc? Why not have some "drone parts"? And, those could be used to repair it. Plus like electronic parts, mechanical parts, polymers, oil... and sure some tape. But just 90 tape is ridiculous. Hope they take the suggestion.

Edited by gcomerfo
sorry so many edits - learning new blog quoting (see edit history)

As for water, instead of dew collectors, why can't I just grab a bucket and do a couple of trips to a local lake for a stack apiece?

Also cloth... I've been picking cotton on top of supercorn for the past couple of days.

Here's my most recent pick from a rectangle of 100 plot tiles, with 3/3 points in Living off the Land:

cotton7d2d.thumb.png.19118816936ecd4d9b8a123ddeb9a3a7.png

647, which is barely 17 more than needed for 90 duct tape.

Are you telling me all of this is flying behind me, packed into a device no larger than a cube half a meter across?

Dear old southland with it's dreamy songs...