Thoughts on 1.0

On 7/1/2024 at 4:10 PM, Old Crow said:

The number of Old Sham Sandwiches we now find is too damn high!

No seriously, why are they everywhere now?

Personally very thankful for this, since we have to cure dysentery 10x...

6 hours ago, cl0udburst said:

Personally very thankful for this, since we have to cure dysentery 10x...

Rotten flesh works too.  If I recall, it was better choice as it has a higher chance for it to occur and has a smaller amount of hp loss.

Well if the mandate was to make it boring you ara raving success, the whole learn by reading is garbage where once you could have a progress buzz on achieving a goal now you wander doing monotonous tasks in the random hope you will find something you really want. 

13 hours ago, Balthazod said:

Well if the mandate was to make it boring you ara raving success, the whole learn by reading is garbage where once you could have a progress buzz on achieving a goal now you wander doing monotonous tasks in the random hope you will find something you really want. 

This! This is exactly how I felt playing the new beta. In this version it feels like playing the lottery. I feel like A18 or 19 was peak. Now you can't even mod the game easily like you could before. This is probably why I am checking out from this game forever maybe...

New direwolf and hazmat sound is awesome

But some balance buffs are much needed

The rough hood and preacher gloves are still really strong. 

The armors with just carry weight buffs (lumberjack, Nomad and Scavenger) need a better buff cuz 9/10 times. People pick the best protection 

• 4 weeks later...

My true thoughts so far. As a mostly console player

The magazine system is unique and different but I still think there should be a slightly better way there are some problems with it like the workbench how late you have to unlock it and the forge is a bit much I can understand the forge but the workbench you can't even crack the bicycle you either have to wait a really long time or get it from the trailer which is what most people do

Water Systems okay I've actually now needed to start drinking murky water but there needs to be more of a risk with drinking dirty water like radiation hopefully we'll get that later

Navezgane has some problems with quest like for Trader rekt. They are all like 1k away there should be like a small country town next to him

Same for Trader Jen but a little less 

On 7/4/2024 at 3:34 PM, fragtzack said:

One of the issues I notice with A22 experimental is

spacer.png 

I got that but with my girl... but we had some fun.... @SnowDog1942would be proud of me

19 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

My true thoughts so far. As a mostly console player

The magazine system is unique and different but I still think there should be a slightly better way there are some problems with it like the workbench how late you have to unlock it and the forge is a bit much I can understand the forge but the workbench you can't even crack the bicycle you either have to wait a really long time or get it from the trailer which is what most people do

Water Systems okay I've actually now needed to start drinking murky water but there needs to be more of a risk with drinking dirty water like radiation hopefully we'll get that later

Navezgane has some problems with quest like for Trader rekt. They are all like 1k away there should be like a small country town next to him

They have been trying to show down progression, so I don't think we will see the number of magazines for the different workstations change anytime soon.  It can be a bit much, but forge ahead magazines have a good chance to be found in any broken workstation in the world except dew collectors.  Every trader had one of each, so you should be able to get at least a couple from each trader compound unless you are really unlucky.  They will also respawn in those workstations after a while.  When you are exploring towns, keep an eye out for any construction (even small) and you will probably find a cement mixer there and possibly a workbench.  Check garages and you will sometimes find workbenches.  Watching for these can get you at least to unlocking the workbench pretty quickly. 

They might as more risk for murky water in the future.  Right now, it is health damage and dysentery chance.

Although Navesgane is technically the world people are meant to start with (at least that is how it seems), it isn't really built well for new players.  As you see, distance can be a pain, for example.  You may want to consider a pregen or RWG map until you get more used to the game.  Navesgane does look more real because everything was hand placed, but the others are still really good.  Just a thought.  I'm sure they are still making changes to Navesgane and will eventually add the Duke and other story POI to it, so that might help to fill in some spaces.

21 minutes ago, Riamus said:

They have been trying to show down progression, so I don't think we will see the number of magazines for the different workstations change anytime soon.  It can be a bit much, but forge ahead magazines have a good chance to be found in any broken workstation in the world except dew collectors.  Every trader had one of each, so you should be able to get at least a couple from each trader compound unless you are really unlucky.  They will also respawn in those workstations after a while.  When you are exploring towns, keep an eye out for any construction (even small) and you will probably find a cement mixer there and possibly a workbench.  Check garages and you will sometimes find workbenches.  Watching for these can get you at least to unlocking the workbench pretty quickly. 

They might as more risk for murky water in the future.  Right now, it is health damage and dysentery chance.

Although Navesgane is technically the world people are meant to start with (at least that is how it seems), it isn't really built well for new players.  As you see, distance can be a pain, for example.  You may want to consider a pregen or RWG map until you get more used to the game.  Navesgane does look more real because everything was hand placed, but the others are still really good.  Just a thought.  I'm sure they are still making changes to Navesgane and will eventually add the Duke and other story POI to it, so that might help to fill in some spaces.

I'm going to do a post soon about changes the navezgane maybe I'll make a video

18 minutes ago, Riamus said:

but forge ahead magazines have a good chance to be found in any broken workstation in the world except dew collectors. 

Unless this changed during experimental, dew collectors can drop forge ahead books. I had several drop during early-mid experimental. I just checked the patch notes and searching for "dew" didn't turn up anything. But I also haven't played in about 2 weeks.

20 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

Unless this changed during experimental, dew collectors can drop forge ahead books. I had several drop during early-mid experimental. I just checked the patch notes and searching for "dew" didn't turn up anything. But I also haven't played in about 2 weeks.

Ok.  Good to know.  I've never seen any, but I rarely come across dew collectors, so easy to miss.  But because they are very uncommon, they aren't a great source for finding the magazines.  Still, good to have the correct info.  😀

I must play differently than most. I think i would  be considered
an rpg survivalist. Im on 333 stable, day 23 level 26 gamestage 52.
Have not seen any screamers yet, Doing tier 3-4 pois, The craziest
one was the sadie witch farm in burntforest. My spawn is set to

<spawn maxcount="3" respawndelay=".2" time="Day"
<spawn maxcount="3" respawndelay=".1" time="Night"

FPS from 97 - 120+ regularly. I have assorted armor to choose from
and my bike, a forge, two accelerated dew collectors, a work bench,
and a camp fire. Nesting presently in t3 ranger station.

I am presently in tier 5 prim mask, t2 rogue chest, t1 preacher gloves,
T1 rogue boots.

Have done multiple pois in desert, burnt, pine, and one in the waste
really really slowly. The cool part is having the wanderers bust in
while I clear a Poi.

Have done rekt and jen, to opening trade routes. Main hunting equipment
Level 5 primitive bow, 1x t3 steel spear, 3x t4 stone spears, a t3 club,
a t1 9mm with a silence, and a t1 pipe machine gun. Playing dead is dead.

Never felt rushed or guided. Its working out perfectly for the way I play.

I haven't tried the 1.0 yet, but after the previous alpha that came out, i got a bit bummed out by the direction the game was heading in. Some changes I hated especially, like the super strange invisible trigger system. I wonder how it is in 1.0, is it at all better, or is it more of the same?
To clarify the trigger issue for example, i vividly remember ocassions like this - i go into a house, clear a bathroom, not a single zombie in it anymore, then I walk into the living room, stepping on an invisible trigger, and it spawns zombies in the house, and in the bathroom that I already cleared. Found it super un-immersive and it kinda ruined a lot of POIs for me. So my question is this issue still there?

1 hour ago, aamatniekss said:

I haven't tried the 1.0 yet, but after the previous alpha that came out, i got a bit bummed out by the direction the game was heading in. Some changes I hated especially, like the super strange invisible trigger system. I wonder how it is in 1.0, is it at all better, or is it more of the same?
To clarify the trigger issue for example, i vividly remember ocassions like this - i go into a house, clear a bathroom, not a single zombie in it anymore, then I walk into the living room, stepping on an invisible trigger, and it spawns zombies in the house, and in the bathroom that I already cleared. Found it super un-immersive and it kinda ruined a lot of POIs for me. So my question is this issue still there?

I’ve never had a zombie spawn in a cleared room before. I have had a zombie drop from a ceiling into a cleared room. In terms of this release, if you are thorough you generally won’t have zombies come from behind. But there will be some larger POIs where this can happen due to pathing. 

15 hours ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

I’ve never had a zombie spawn in a cleared room before. I have had a zombie drop from a ceiling into a cleared room. In terms of this release, if you are thorough you generally won’t have zombies come from behind. But there will be some larger POIs where this can happen due to pathing. 

Ok, awesome thanks, that gives me hope that it's fixed. Gonna be giving it a shot then :)

16 hours ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

You may just not have noticed.  There are POI that are designed to have zombies spawn behind you regardless of clearing the room.

1 hour ago, aamatniekss said:

Ok, awesome thanks, that gives me hope that it's fixed. Gonna be giving it a shot then :)

Most POI do not use that trigger system to spawn things in cleared rooms as long as you're following the intended path... if you make your own path, the spawn may still happen in a cleared room.  However, some POI (especially larger POI like many of the tier 5s) do use those triggers.  Rather than letting it bother you, just think of those spawns as being zombies coming in from other directions or following you up from the street or whatever even though you know they spawned in the previous room.  It can be believable if you're willing to give some leeway to it.