If you're thinking about buying the game, get it now because the price is going to go up when version 1 starts.

I am not sure how this all works but say I wanted to buy the 2 pack as a gift, do I have to use it right away?

Does it ever expire if not used like in say, a year?

Can you split the 2 pack? (I am thinking you can as why would you give someone two copies but am just making sure lol)

I would like to have a copy or 2 that I could just give to someone in future that I think would enjoy the game but am not sure of when that will ever be.

I don't think I could say give it to someone in another country but I think I could if they are in North America. Also not sure if this is true.

So many questions lol.

4 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Can you split the 2 pack?

If you are talking Steam 2-pack, you can't buy that if you already own the game on Steam. If you try to buy single copy as a gift, they try to make you assign it to a friend at time of purchase. I do not know of a way to buy random Steam copies and hold them for later. 

I had thought I had bought a copy as a gift a few years ago but am not sure if I had given it to someone right away or if I had it in my account for a while.

I can see them doing it like you said as someone or a bunch of people could just buy copies of the game when on sale and pass them out at a later date.

Could even see it being a scalper problem if you could wait.

2 hours ago, Gamida said:

Can you split the 2 pack?

2 hours ago, Catdaddy said:

If you are talking Steam 2-pack, you can't buy that if you already own the game on Steam. If you try to buy single copy as a gift, they try to make you assign it to a friend at time of purchase. I do not know of a way to buy random Steam copies and hold them for later. 

You can also go through a third party like Green Man Gaming or Instant Gaming. The game is the same price or lower on those sites and they still give you a steam key. Just give that key to whoever you want and they can activate it at their leisure. Looks like they sell the 2-pack as well.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

If you do, don#t go on their forum, very toxic moderators there 😉

I heard the non-American ones were the worst.

There is even a rumor that one moderator actually expects players to post details about their problems with the game if they expect to get help.  What nerve!  🤦‍♂️

I'm outraged, I tell you, outraged!  If I'd waited until now to buy the game I could have saved a whole dollar!  Who cares that I've got over 2000 hours played, I demand a refund!

😛  (This is a joke, in case anyone missed it.)

Edited by Vaeliorin (see edit history)

On 4/25/2024 at 6:26 AM, Gamida said:

I had thought I had bought a copy as a gift a few years ago but am not sure if I had given it to someone right away or if I had it in my account for a while.

I can see them doing it like you said as someone or a bunch of people could just buy copies of the game when on sale and pass them out at a later date.

Could even see it being a scalper problem if you could wait.

I know you can purchase a game as a gift (Steam) and have it deliver the game as a gift at a later date/time. I have done this with Family members for Christmas. I am not sure what the maximum time to hold it is though...?

On 4/25/2024 at 8:23 AM, Catdaddy said:

Good info. The one thing that might - I stress might - work on Steam, is to buy the game for some random person on your friends list, for delivery a year in the future or however far out they allow. Then over time, keep ‘changing your mind’ to push the date out farther, until you actually want to gift it to someone (you should be able to modify the date and recipient). Then again, this tactic has probably already occurred to somebody at Steam at some point.

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)