Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

58 minutes ago, Eltorro333 said:

In my opinion the balancing needs some work. Playing on insane at Day 42. There are radiated everywhere. Not complaining. But the Horde nights are almost boring. Not one radiated. A night in the wasteland any regular date is way more challenging.

Anyway I had a lot of fun with 1.0

Idk I'm still struggling agent ferals. They just keep moving 

15 minutes ago, Rick Grimess said:

Therefore, the question arises: do you still plan to support the game with new content and updates after 2025 in connection with such a success of the project?

Yes, but no additional information to share at this time.

2 hours ago, Arez said:

All 3 of them were like the eye of the storm. Of all the main features of this game, horde night is by far the easiest. 

On Day 43 on Insane Nightmare, I died 3 times doing a Tier 3 Quest in a regular house in the desert. Lots of radiateds. Had to start shooting. Then lots of screamers. Then lots and lots of zombies everywhere. I couldn't out-run some of them. I couldn't grab my bag. I just kept dying and dying! 😭

I don't know how they could make it more difficult without it becoming unbearable, but horde night is too easy. For awhile I shut horde nights off until I came up with the idea to convert a different building or structure, every subsequent horde night, into a horde base - with minimal building/fortification. The more I do it, the more I discover how little you need to survive a horde night. 

POIs having the potential to be harder than horde night is likely the correct choice from a balancing perspective. Players can choose how they quest, where they quest, etc. Horde night, on the other hand, is unavoidable. On default settings, it happens every seven days. Besides, the most common reason to die in POIs is getting stuck on something or getting trapped in a room. On horde nights, you can just run and gun in an open field and you have the ability to control the encounters. 

21 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

Screamers seem to be able to see the player while underground. Anybody else have this issue?

Heatmap (player activity).

It could take a bit of tweaking, with next versions indeed. Imagine a night with this little bedsheet dressed evil and the bandits looking for us, just in case. And we are for just like a handful of ore, thinking we are safe down there. 

I love that The Pimps makes quite big job to make us feel unsecure anywhere. This is survival. 

p.s. balance is still going through its moments, till gold version :)

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)

1 minute ago, beerfly said:

It could take a bit of tweaking, with next versions indeed. Imagine a night with this little bedsheet dressed evil and the bandits looking for us, just in case. 

I do wonder if we will get types of bandits 

I know in the files we got ranged, melee and leaders but why not keep going 

Heavys

Rockets

Bombers

Snipers

Hunter

Radio operator (basicly a screamer)

Commando 

Drones

Attack dogs 

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

Heavys

Rockets

Bombers

Snipers

Hunter

Commando 

Drones

Attack dogs 

Tbh, I imagine them as confused rogue squads trying to phuck us up as fast as possible, from every side possible.

Would be interesting how it would be inside POIs though, not only outside. Quite a party I think. 

Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, beerfly said:

Tbh, I imagine them as confused rogue squads trying to phuck us up as fast as possible, from every side possible.

Would be interesting how it would be inside POIs though, not only outside. Quite a party I think. 

Time will tell. 

I could imagine something like instead of sleepers they are on "guard duty" or some that are resting. 

I can imagine the camps kinda being like farcry. There camps have flags waving high. 

Maybe they could add turrets and stuff that are entity's kinda like junk turrets 

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I could imagine something like instead of sleepers they are on "guard duty" or some that are resting. 

I can imagine the camps kinda being like farcry. There camps have flags waving high. 

Maybe they could add turrets and stuff that are entity's kinda like junk turrets 

Hell yeah ! 

5 hours ago, GigglingZombie said:

I most certainly do know about %appdata%, I've been in I.T. since long before Windows even existed 😁. I maybe didn't write my previous post as clearly as i could have.

Example of folders separated correctly ~

i have Joke Mod in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod"

it's mods (in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\Mods") ~

0-CustomParticleLoader
AGF-A20HUDPlus-EPatch1.0.1
AGF-A21HUDPlus-Addon1.4.0
AGF-A21HUDPlus1.8.0
Alter_PictureInPictureScopes
donovan-longerlootbags
JaWoodleDye
Joke Mod
KHA21-HPBars
Secret Pr0n (this is part of Joke Mod !)
Zed-A21-OakravenMonoBikes

it's save folder (in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod") ~

GeneratedWorlds
launchersettings.json
logs
Saves
SavesLocal
Screenshots
titlestorage
Twitch

The 2 relevant serverconfig.xml lines for Joke Mod's folder location ~

<property name="UserDataFolder"                    value="F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod" />    <!-- Use this to override where the server stores all generated data, including RWG generated worlds. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->
<property name="SaveGameFolder"                    value="F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\Saves" />    <!-- Use this to only override the save game path. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

I keep a separate shortcut for each version/overhaul, so for Joke Mod's shortcut to launch the game ~

Shortcut target ~

"F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\7DaysToDie.exe" -configfile=serverconfig.xml

Shortcut "Start in" ~

"F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod"

So i probably didn't word my previous post re UserDatafolder as good as i should have, hopefully this makes more sense, and my way of doing things here is the accepted 7 Days method and is valid/correct, no files or mods are mixed up between the various versions ; it's decades since i last moderated one of Europe's largest forums (ie back when i was good at uploading photos to the internet to make things easier to explain), i haven't had a want or need to upload photo's of things anywhere on the net since then so im being lazy and typing, hopefully this now makes sense (without screenshots)

*** I'm glad of your post as that post, plus this reply by me (even without screenshots) will show anyone how to properly set up separate instances, it's appreciated, i wrote my previous reply whilst working and i obviously wasn't paying enough thought to detail

I don't want to bust your bubble ... But if you are playing v1.0 b333 ... some of those Mod you Listed Are Old and Have been Updated for the new game of v1.0 ... Just a thought.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

You got feral sense on? 

During days, yes, but I'm talking about them screaming and calling a horde, even though I'm in my underground base. 

1 hour ago, beerfly said:

Heatmap shouldn't let them see the player hidden underground and calling a horde, though.

1 hour ago, gpcstargate said:

I don't want to bust your bubble ... But if you are playing v1.0 b333 ... some of those Mod you Listed Are Old and Have been Updated for the new game of v1.0 ... Just a thought.

If you read their post, they have multiple installs of different versions of the game and would be using mods that are appropriate versions for each of those versions of the game.

7 hours ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

Besides, the most common reason to die in POIs is getting stuck on something or getting trapped in a room.

Or firing your gun and having multiple screamers call in an endless wave of ferals and radiateds.

POIs having the potential to be harder than horde night is likely the correct choice from a balancing perspective. Players can choose how they quest, where they quest, etc. Horde night, on the other hand, is unavoidable.

At some point, nearly all quests become difficult. The only choices that a player has is to either do them, do lower level quests, or avoid quests altogether. Horde night should be difficult, more difficult than most quests, and not just for new players.  

On horde nights, you can just run and gun in an open field and you have the ability to control the encounters. 

That unfortunately makes for an eventual uneventful event. Tower defense is a main selling point for the game. It doesn't take long before even the simplest horde base makes horde night effortless. It's to the point where some players shut blood moons off because it becomes more of a chore and an interruption. 

Horde nights should be a threat, and not a threat because I restrict myself to make it threatening.

I think it's ok for games to be hard.

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Heavys

Rockets

Bombers

Snipers

Hunter

Commando 

Drones

Attack dogs 

You say that like bandits probably won't get pushed back yet again.

6 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

During days, yes, but I'm talking about them screaming and calling a horde, even though I'm in my underground base. 

That's if you've convinced yourself that the type of spotting they do is based on view only.

What if they also spot you when you make a sound? :nerd:

14 hours ago, DocRussel said:

Is your horde base in the wasteland?  If it's in the forest, the gamestage will be much lower and may not trigger demos or rads.

Yes, the base is in the forest. I will give it a try the next bloodmoon in the wasteland. But the easiest Quests in the pine forest there are radiated, too. Radiated screamer Hordes are also spawning in the forest. Just the Horde nights are very easy. 

5 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

That's if you've convinced yourself that the type of spotting they do is based on view only.

What if they also spot you when you make a sound? :nerd:

I mean, it shouldn't be the case at all. It's always been that Screamers only call a horde if they spot you, not if they just sense you nearby. It would be pretty unfair otherwise, if you ask me.

I take it I'm the only one?

50 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

I mean, it shouldn't be the case at all. It's always been that Screamers only call a horde if they spot you, not if they just sense you nearby. It would be pretty unfair otherwise, if you ask me.

But it should. If they actually hear you, they're not "sensing" you, they know exactly where you are because you were reckless and didn't care about being sneaky.

That works the same as normal zombies that don't know exactly where you are if you're sneaking, but as soon as you make a loud noise they spot you and come to you. Why should a screamer be any different? I would even say that being their job to spot humans, they should have, , if anything, heightened senses, compared to normal zombies.

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

14 hours ago, beerfly said:

I love that The Pimps makes quite big job to make us feel unsecure anywhere. This is survival.

yes indeed they do, once i was so engrossed in looting that i didn't even realise horde night was so close until the 22:00 sounds started, i had to peg it up onto the nearest house roof and unsurprisingly it was a crap choice as within a few seconds they've bust throught the roof to get me, i tried but then it wass mad panic into the streets and run and fight, fantastic fun, gets your heart poundini; it certainly is survival !

13 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

my bubble is good thanks :) ; yeah i often go looking for new versions of mods, the ones listed (that might be old) are all still working fine, i play the game vertiully every day so i'd notice if errors came up, or if things went awry.

Mods i'm uising in v1.0 b333 ~

F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.v1.0.(b333).Stable\Mods>dir /b

0_TFP_Harmony
7D2D World Lighting Tuned (v1.0)
AGF-A20HUDPlus-EPatch1.0.1
AGF-A21HUDPlus-Addon1.4.0
AGF-A21HUDPlus1.8.0
donovan-longerlootbags
KHA21-HPBars
KHV1-WanderingHordeFrequency (1.0)
VanillaFoodModel (v1.0)
WMMSkipNewsScreen-5520-1-0-333-1-1722026489 (1.0)

i still need to finish renaming all the various mods to have version info in the folder name, but yeah all the above mods are working fine in b333 currently

Edited by GigglingZombie (see edit history)

On 8/2/2024 at 3:11 AM, GigglingZombie said:

i love the drone, (well since they seemed to have fixed the issues where it would get trapped forever in limbo) but didn't mention it as i never spec points into it as those points are needed elsewhere/never get a drone until late game where i'm at a point where i'm about to start a new playthrough anyways

I believe Drones are Skill book items now, don't recall exactly.

I've gotten three from looting, and I've seen them at the Traders as well.