Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

10 hours ago, faatal said:

Small towns in RWG now have some rural tiles added as we noticed a lack of POI types in forest as some only spawn in rural. I added a rural percent value, which allows us to scale down the full ring of rurals around smaller towns.

Time is very short for 1.0, so there may not be any additional options added to RWG now. Maybe later.

More country pois would be cool 😎 

I suggested some to laz 

14 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

More country pois would be cool 😎 

DiveBar_01
DiveBar_02
DiveBar_03
VFWBar
ElksBar
StripClub_010

BikerBar_01

BikerBar_02

LateNightChineseRestaurant
AllNightBreakfast

HBD btw Adam! 🎂

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

1 minute ago, Morloc said:

DiveBar_01
DiveBar_02
DiveBar_03
VFWBar
ElksBar
StripClub_010

BikerBar_01

BikerBar_02

AllNightBreakfast

HBD btw Adam! 🎂

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Oooooh I'll add that too the list! And credit you. 

More biker places would be cool. 

7 hours ago, klaxxios said:

Question; Is the crossplay just crossplay between consoles or does this also include PC to Console?

If I put up a public hosted server will the consoles be able to connect to it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cross-play will be for PC, PS5 and Xbox series X/S to all play together, no matter which system you have.

Coming in Q4 2024.

15 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

7 more days!!! To die!!! Hahaha

Also its my birthday so... yeah me

Happy Birthday Adam! Have a good one. Your Birthday gift is coming in one week. 🎂

15 hours ago, faatal said:

Small towns in RWG now have some rural tiles added as we noticed a lack of POI types in forest as some only spawn in rural. I added a rural percent value, which allows us to scale down the full ring of rurals around smaller towns.

Time is very short for 1.0, so there may not be any additional options added to RWG now. Maybe later.

The one RWG change I'd still like to see that should be easy to implement and have a very low chance of introducing bugs is saving a PNG (or JPEG) of the map preview automatically when saving the map. Preferably scaled to whatever resolution is configured in the game, or some standard fixed resolution like 2560x1440 or 4K instead of the small size the previewer displays.

On 7/17/2024 at 8:47 AM, Javabean867 said:

I'm guessing you have a xp set to a higher rating.  That is a bit unbalanced right now.  it is better to just do standard xp rate.  Your level will outstrip your loot drastically, and the higher your level the more likely you'll get nasty zombies showing up in pois.

No, standard rate. And irrespective of the XP rate, this is a matter of a tier 2 POI on a Fetch and Clear at my current gamestage producing both an irradiated wight and a quality 1 pipe weapon. Since lootstage is tied to gamestage it will happen for everyone at that GS irrespective of their settings.

24 minutes ago, Space4Ace said:

Cross-play will be for PC, PS5 and Xbox series X/S to all play together, no matter which system you have.

Coming in Q4 2024.

Happy Birthday Adam! Have a good one. Your Birthday gift is coming in one week. 🎂

273cf0e5-741a-47d1-9943-9794a06b3f9e_text (1).gif

It was nice to see that legendary things can’t be found in the world, you can only make them yourself, but it was all overshadowed by the fact that they remaine on 6 th quests

sorry for my English

2 minutes ago, DED-EFIM said:

It was nice to see that legendary things can’t be found in the world, you can only make them yourself, but it was all overshadowed by the fact that they remaine on 6 th quests

sorry for my English

You can find Q6.  They aren't only available by crafting.  They are just far more rare.

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You can find Q6.  They aren't only available by crafting.  They are just far more rare.

not rare , having reached level 100 I already had a lot of them and I didn’t need to make them myself, I’m in favor of excluding them completely from rewards

Edited by DED-EFIM (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, DED-EFIM said:

not rare , having reached level 100 I already had a lot of them and I didn’t need to make them myself, I’m in favor of excluding them completely from rewards

Then you were lucky or just doing a lot of stuff in wasteland.   I've seen a total of one so far.  Compared to every game before 1.0 having a ton of Q6, they are definitely far more rare 

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Then you were lucky or just doing a lot of stuff in wasteland.   I've seen a total of one so far.

iif you just wander around the world and engage in looting, then yes, this is rare, but I like to complete quests, and when you reach 6 quests there are a lot of them (5000 hours in the game)

Edited by DED-EFIM (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DED-EFIM said:

iif you just wander around the world and engage in looting, then yes, this is rare, but I like to complete quests, and when you reach 6 quests there are a lot of them (5000 hours in the game)

Just because they are in tier 6 infested didn't really mean they are not far more rare.  😀

In 1.0 has anyone found the house/mansion that has the cave and lab system under it? It used to be named house_old_tudor01 and looked similar to Taylor Manor. 

Also can someone confirm Navezgane or pregen has the mansion on the hill that is referenced as the resident evil house? Doing my second seed of 1.0 and trying to get these POI's, my first seed had no T5 factories at all. :(

14 minutes ago, HazyChrystal said:

In 1.0 has anyone found the house/mansion that has the cave and lab system under it? It used to be named house_old_tudor01 and looked similar to Taylor Manor. 

Also can someone confirm Navezgane or pregen has the mansion on the hill that is referenced as the resident evil house? Doing my second seed of 1.0 and trying to get these POI's, my first seed had no T5 factories at all. :(

That POI is still available, but I can't comment on seeing it in RWG.  There were two POI that were removed.  I think one was house_spanish_01 and the other army_barracks_01, but I'm going from memory and might have those names wrong.  But I know they didn't remove a Tudor POI.

52 minutes ago, Riamus said:

That POI is still available, but I can't comment on seeing it in RWG.  There were two POI that were removed.  I think one was house_spanish_01 and the other army_barracks_01, but I'm going from memory and might have those names wrong.  But I know they didn't remove a Tudor POI.

House Spanish 01 was refactored into a new POI I believe.  I don't recall the name but will check when I can.

9 hours ago, Morloc said:

AllNightBreakfast

Ugh, yes. Give us the parody waffle house please (you could even be cheeky and make it blue-themed, for the obvious meme reference). it'll become an official POI for PVP (not that I ever play multiplayer, but it would be funny)... because everyone knows waffle houses are PVP enabled zones 😂

49 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

House Spanish 01 was refactored into a new POI I believe.  I don't recall the name but will check when I can.

The Serrano house looks like it has many elements from House Spanish, but it has changed a lot if that's the one.

On 7/17/2024 at 1:23 PM, Grandpa Minion said:

@faatal grats on the improvements- performance wise i've seen so far 1.0- alot of them are making a nice impact for multiplayer.

Right now the biggest issue i am seeing is the server browser.. its a complete rekt, maybe worse than it ever has been.

A. players can not find the server most of time 

B. connecting direct ip doesn't always work for them

C. most players that are able to connect for the first time have had to connect by steam friend list to join game from player profile

D. this whole alpha i have had many players that could only join server from steam friend list "join game"

please do something about this because its prob one of the most important fixs the pimps could do right now imo

thanks and again grats on the improvement that have been made.

I don't work on the server browser. I think we use Epic Online Services for the list and I recall it has limits on filters and the data it returns. When our console devs continue work on cross play, the functionality may change.

On 7/17/2024 at 1:27 PM, Riamus said:

I love that POI but haven't tried infestation yet.  I completed it as tier 5 using my trusty Q6 steel spear that I made.  No guns at all.  Fun stuff.

True, but there should still be options for RWG.  They don't need the story or story progression in a random map, or it should at last be optional.  How many times do you want to run the same story over and over again?  At some point, for me only a couple games, it will be too repetitive and you'll want to just play the game without a story again.

The story should work on random maps unless we find a technical reason to only do Nav.

On 7/17/2024 at 10:11 PM, Kosmic Kerman said:

The walking sideways thing has always been a problem when you give them a full block. The lateral movement can be a problem when you just use rectangular poles. That said these bases are inherently cheesy so not sure the Dev thread is the place to post this. Cheesy bases not working as well after updates should not be entirely unexpected. One, Devs aren’t going to tune the AI so it doesn’t break prior cheese bases. Two, sometimes the AI will be tuned to counter some types of cheese.

I've personally never noticed it, and others have said it's new as well.  That's why I posed the question.  Thanks for your condescending reply though.  Please be sure to upload a video of you completing the Dishong tower challenge without utilizing cheese.  I wait with baited breath.

21 hours ago, Riamus said:

It could be related to the changes that allow zombies to push other zombies up.  It may also let them push others to the side.

Definitely a possibility.  Thanks for the input.

15 hours ago, ComPage said:

Turn your scaffolding ladder blocks by 90 degrees and you'll be able to hit them when they have moved sideways.

I've found that usually prevents headshots on taller zombies, such as wights.

14 hours ago, DocRussel said:

Yes, same issue at my base.  I have 4 blocks of side centered pole as a tightrope for them to get to me, nothing else to stand on outside, and they still stand side by side.  I used this in A21 and had no such issues.  I'll find a way around it.

Please let me know if you actually do find away to avoid this.  Thanks for the input.

45 minutes ago, Fisher said:

I've found that usually prevents headshots on taller zombies, such as wights.

Yes, but some of it can be overcome by crouching.  Not ideal, but it's one approach.  I'm mainly melee (only blades/fists/archery on current game) so I always go for headshots.