Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

I've noticed that towns/cities in RWG have ore nodes in them. What was the point of this? There's already an abundance of ore in the wilderness, and it makes no sense that a city would leave chunks of coal or iron sticking out of the ground.

I'm finding that the game looks much better with anti aliasing off. I was using Temporal and FSR Ultra. FSR Ultra looked a little better than Temporal but it caused the new blood splatter to look extremely blurry/distorted. 

Without AA the blood splatter looks perfect - no distortion and fully detailed. The zombie models look better overall with AA off too. For now, I'll take some jagged looking edges over the distortion and loss of fidelity.

Also, the flickering is wild sometimes. Even with AA off. The headlight of my minibike causes things it lights up (at night) to flicker like crazy. I thought it was the AA that was causing that. I guess not. 

27 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

I've noticed that towns/cities in RWG have ore nodes in them. What was the point of this? There's already an abundance of ore in the wilderness, and it makes no sense that a city would leave chunks of coal or iron sticking out of the ground.

Hey I'm not complaining that means I can make a mine inside my city I've done that before and Dyersville let me tell you it's hard when most of the rock is asphalt

I know I'm late to the conversation but has anyone else
payed attention to the subtle sounds added? There are
directional ques.

The first is for food, the second is for zombies. Even
with them having a reduced amount in the world, I can
hunt and or avoid them in the wilderness.

The last is a little creepier, and I'm not sure if I
heard it right but the dogs, it sounds as if they kind
of purr really softly just before they attack from behind.

I became more aware of them when I started wearing headphones
exclusively.  Plus the stereo effect of ambient movements, sort
of based on speed.

If they were there before I never noticed. Now it kind of makes
the environment feel a little more interactive to me, or larger.

Now if they could just invent a set of headphones that have a small static

charge, to make the hairs on the neck raise that would be complete.

4 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

для зомби. Даже
при том, что их в мире стало меньше

There are fewer in the forest, but in the snow it seemed to me that there were more of them

They passed certifications with Microsoft so that's good news for console folks.

Nothing from Sony yet. Did TFP have to resubmit with Sony?

There's a mistake on the Xbox store entry for 7 Days to Die - Console Edition.

Buy 7 Days to Die - Console Edition (Game Preview) | Xbox

If you click on MORE, and go to the bottom of the page, you will see that they still mention the Xbox One, instead of the Xbox series X/S:

Additional info

Installation

Install on your home Xbox One console plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account.

Edited by Space4Ace (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

They passed certifications with Microsoft so that's good news for console folks.

If you click on MORE, and go to the bottom of the page, you will see that they still mention the Xbox One, instead of the Xbox series X/S:

Additional info

Installation

Install on your home Xbox One console plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account.

15 more days before the fun Pimps can take my money 

2 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

Additional info

Installation

you can wish list it but hasn't passed certification yet we would be able to buy it

@фатальный @Лаз Мэн Hi! I can't reach the developers on Twitter, they seem to ignore me, and I have no choice but to ask you the question I'm interested in: have the developers added keyboard and mouse support to the console versions or not? I remember someone already answered this question to one of the participants that it works for you and may reach the release, and I still, as a person who is going to buy the game, want to know 100% the answer in advance, I will be very grateful if you answer my question

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

you can wish list it but hasn't passed certification yet we would be able to buy it

I posted this for people you are on consoles, and for the error on the Xbox web page.

I'm on PC so I'm not getting the console version.

24 minutes ago, Space4Ace said:

I posted this for people you are on consoles, and for the error on the Xbox web page.

I'm on PC so I'm not getting the console version.

Ik I'm just letting others know as well :)

The fun Pimps said no pre orders so once it comes out. It comes out! But in 15 days 😵‍💫

Too bad we can't pre order

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Loving the zero skull POIs.  Especially when they tell a story without any words.

Also noticing many small details in the models - several times I had to stop and think if that was something new or if I just have been missing it for some time.

Really enjoying V1.0

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Ik I'm just letting others know as well :)

The fun Pimps said no pre orders so once it comes out. It comes out! But in 15 days 😵‍💫

Too bad we can't pre order

Even if you could pre-order, you would play in 15 days. 😁

41 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Well my goal is too earn the live for 1 hour achievement (even tho it said I survived 2 hours) and explore all of navezgane on console before I go too the new game 

You gave a pretty good start of the topic about A22, now called 1.0.

Can`t wait for the one you are gonna start about console version here in the forums. 

Can anyone clarify for me please. If My friend went to MS store
and bought the game for 30 dollars last week. Will he be able to
yes or no upgrade to the now version? On his in lower left it shows
1. something at the moment. But he took screen shots and it reminds
me of A16. Do i need to buy hem another one, and tell him to wait, or
is he okay?

54 minutes ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

is he okay?

If it is for console, your friend bought the old version.  They aren't doing pre-orders.  See if they can refund it and wait until the new version is available.  It won't update to the new version.

Of course, if they want the older version as well, they can get a discount on the new version since they bought the old one digitally.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Watching G9 talk about the abundance of armor pieces he's collected gave me a bit of a laugh. It reminded me of the weapon parts from A16 and before. They took those out because they said it was boring to sit and go through chests of parts trying to find the best ones and all that. Seems oddly familiar...

4 hours ago, beerfly said:

You gave a pretty good start of the topic about A22, now called 1.0.

Can`t wait for the one you are gonna start about console version here in the forums. 

I appreciate the kinds words bro! 

4 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

is he okay?

Get refunded you won't get the update but rather the discount 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

@Riamus 

@Adam the Waster

Thank You for the answers. I just needed to know what to do. It was a gift and he is enjoying it.

I will tell him tomorrow, then I will give him the other when it is released. I told him it's the

only game I have ever wanted to gift. Also I have gotten years of fun and learning from it.

So i will let him cut his teeth on this one. Then get him the other one also. It's worth it, because

I have saved, instead of overwriting each alpha, and have more than 89 including overhauls and

mods. So i basically have a historical archive that I rotate through a lot. :smiley_simmons:

I can also give one to Robbie, he has the same version, and after conversations, he was going to

upgrade also, so we can coop play. Now I can't wait Adam.

4sheetz

Being a long time player of 7dtd (since alpha have 8)  I have seen a lot of changes and always enjoy the next update. This time we got a lot of polish with zombies, POIs, textures and models. 

One thing always remains in need of work - the wilderness. It feels rather like parkland to me. It's the one thing that stands out with each alpha. The new shorter grass is great but the older tree models have been around since alpha 16 and their is a lack of variation in the landscape. 

Can the wonderful artists try to work on some wilderness variety. Things that come to mind are rocky outcrops, verges by the roads, river edge flora and reeds,  variation of flora around trees, soil texture change, tree base texture variation, rock and small cliff outcroops, fallen trees, undergrowth and overgrowth. Higher densities of trees and lower density clearing areas. If we can fit so much in a city block, how much can be done to the wilderness with even half the resources.

At the moment the wilderness is just an expanse between towns.

Love the game, can't wait to see what's next.

3 hours ago, WarWren said:

Being a long time player of 7dtd (since alpha have 8)  I have seen a lot of changes and always enjoy the next update. This time we got a lot of polish with zombies, POIs, textures and models. 

One thing always remains in need of work - the wilderness. It feels rather like parkland to me. It's the one thing that stands out with each alpha. The new shorter grass is great but the older tree models have been around since alpha 16 and their is a lack of variation in the landscape. 

Can the wonderful artists try to work on some wilderness variety. Things that come to mind are rocky outcrops, verges by the roads, river edge flora and reeds,  variation of flora around trees, soil texture change, tree base texture variation, rock and small cliff outcroops, fallen trees, undergrowth and overgrowth. Higher densities of trees and lower density clearing areas. If we can fit so much in a city block, how much can be done to the wilderness with even half the resources.

At the moment the wilderness is just an expanse between towns.

Love the game, can't wait to see what's next.

I think it would be cool if the forest had another tree like Birch. 

More plant life and colorings like purple.  Light green, and even wild crops growing like corn, blueberries, potatoes etc. Wild cactus growing in the forest. 

The old maple forest is a great example and the plains

Has anyone noticed zombies trying to follow paths that don't exist anymore? A friend described that happening in his server, and once I thought about it I realized it could explain some weird behavior I had seen as well.

16 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Watching G9 talk about the abundance of armor pieces he's collected gave me a bit of a laugh. It reminded me of the weapon parts from A16 and before. They took those out because they said it was boring to sit and go through chests of parts trying to find the best ones and all that. Seems oddly familiar...

It doesn't feel that way at all to me. I know what I want and what might be useful, so it's always a quick decision between keep, sell and scrap.