Why does the tactical assault rifle look so hideous?

POCKET951

how do assault rifle players use the tactical AR over the Ak47? the stats are better but the white tape on the handguard and the canned silencer with white tape just make the gun unusable for me because I can't stand the looks of it visually.

The Ak47s silencer isn't the prettiest but it is a far more pleasant and beautiful gun to look at.

I also find it weird that the tier2 weapon looks more scrappier and junkier than the tier1 version. visually its a tier 0.5 weapon even though it performs and has stats of a T2.

the red dot sight on the tactial assault rifle just feels really useless because it puts a dot between the iron sights

I also don't really like going from the Ak47 to the M60 because the M60 just stylistically plays so differently than the other assault rifles because of its long reload time and its huge magazine. it also doesn't seem really well designed for precision aiming like the other AR's

I am fine with how every other weapon in the game looks and feels though.

maybe the solution is to make the Ak47 scrappier looking? but then I just wouldn't use assaults rifles at all 😅

what are the odds we have weapon skins on steam when workshop support is enabled for the game?

• SylenThunder changed the title to Why does the tactical assault rifle look so hideous?
6 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

how do assault rifle players use the tactical AR over the Ak47? the stats are better but the white tape on the handguard and the canned silencer with white tape just make the gun unusable for me because I can't stand the looks of it visually.

I can mod the TAR for sniping, breaching, and/or general use.   The AK-47 is not as versatile as the TAR when similarly modded for specific tasks.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

I prefer the tactical rifle because it is more precise. I also like the iron sight picture better. And the sound of it. You can adapt it into almost anything - sniper, machine gun, sharp shooter, close quarters... because it's already got good stats to work with. The M60 I don't like because it looks so junked up, and if you put the tactical sight on it it catches and reflects various light sources at night, especially during blood moons, meaning I can barely see a thing at times and just need to go iron sights or the zoom scopes.

Since when game developers know how to design real life guns ?  Maybe in a combat simulator ... even then the gun are off and the loading animations are often off.  I often laugh at Starfield guns to be the worse with the case ejection are completely backwards and left handed guns ...

Edited by Ripflex (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started playing this game (A19), I wondered why if you crafted a weapon it looked like it had been in a dumpster for years.  If I craft a new weapon, shouldn't it look new?

Anyway, I got over that and the appearance of the weapons don't bother me, especially not enough to not use them.  I use what is most effective at killing Zs, regardless of how they look.

11 minutes ago, zombiehunter said:

When I first started playing this game (A19), I wondered why if you crafted a weapon it looked like it had been in a dumpster for years.  If I craft a new weapon, shouldn't it look new?

Well, you are not exactly Smith and Wesson in the game.

The tape doesn't bother me so much as the jackstand/buttstock. You know there's supposed to be a buffer tube and recoil spring in there, right? You know that gun would never ever cycle, right? I'm sure this is when someone is going to pop in and say "zombies aren't real" because whenever logical inconsistencies are pointed out that's their get out of jail free card. So long as there are zombies in the game nothing has to make any sense. 

7 hours ago, Razorpony said:

I'm sure this is when someone is going to pop in and say "zombies aren't real" because whenever logical inconsistencies are pointed out that's their get out of jail free card. So long as there are zombies in the game nothing has to make any sense. 

Let me tell you about getting water to boil!

/runs

On 12/6/2023 at 8:37 AM, Razorpony said:

The tape doesn't bother me so much as the jackstand/buttstock. You know there's supposed to be a buffer tube and recoil spring in there, right? You know that gun would never ever cycle, right? I'm sure this is when someone is going to pop in and say "zombies aren't real" because whenever logical inconsistencies are pointed out that's their get out of jail free card. So long as there are zombies in the game nothing has to make any sense. 

Let me tell you about the fact that this video game doesn´t fall under the category called "Simulation" and that nearly all gamers outside of the US don´t give a flying fish about how weapons actually work unless they have a job that requires using them or having knowledge about them.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)