Anyone else notice the zombies in A21 are real pushy?

Feycat

I mean that literally. Spouse is playing the heavy armor/punchy style and I'm in military armor and a spear, poking zombies or shooting from behind him. This has been our playstyle division for many alphas now. But in A21 the zombies seem to push/clip into him. He's been pushed into walls (like we've had to destroy several cement blocks to free him,) through floors and up into the air when low-reaching zombies push him up and get behind him. This seems new to us, has anyone else noticed this?

Just now, Feycat said:

...I don't even know if that's a joke lol

Considering the source, I'd say it's a joke ;)

So I haven't noticed the zeds doing this, but I have noticed getting stuck in blocks in general, which I don't really remember happening to me prior to A21. It seems easily reproduceable if you open a door into yourself and are standing in the wrong spot, but I have gotten stuck in other places. I mean I try to play an honest game for the most part but I always have cheats enabled to deal with the inevitable bugs in this game.

I just got shoved off a counter and onto another Z's head while we were clearing Two Bit so yeah. First time it's happened to me but between my spear and gun I don't usually let them get that close!

2 hours ago, Krougal said:

Considering the source, I'd say it's a joke ;)

This is what happens when a dev team and the players are equally memed, it would not *surprise* me if someone named a pushy zed AI "Karen"

On 9/4/2023 at 1:00 AM, Feycat said:

I just got shoved off a counter and onto another Z's head while we were clearing Two Bit so yeah. First time it's happened to me but between my spear and gun I don't usually let them get that close!

This is what happens when a dev team and the players are equally memed, it would not *surprise* me if someone named a pushy zed AI "Karen"

Oh, no, I meant Maharin in particular. Found this old gem of a reply today:

On 8/24/2022 at 6:49 PM, BFT2020 said:

Nobody has to summon you.  We just need to leave opportunities for you to come in and give us another bad pun  😉

18 minutes ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

My big issue in A21 is how sometimes, for no apparent reason, a zombie will get on all-fours and come at you at super-speed. Had a lumberjack I knocked down. He got up to all fours and moved REALLY fast at me. Even hit me because he was so fast. Then he stood up again.

Yeah, absolutely hate that.

Since Feycat posted this, I have been more aware of it, and the pushing is noticeable when you are looking for it.

16 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

My big issue in A21 is how sometimes, for no apparent reason, a zombie will get on all-fours and come at you at super-speed. Had a lumberjack I knocked down. He got up to all fours and moved REALLY fast at me. Even hit me because he was so fast. Then he stood up again.

I kinda like this, makes the game less predictable. I always thought the crawlers should drag their body's faster

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

If half a body was running on its arms toward you in real life... how would you react?

@%$# my pants 👖

I'm talking like the deadspace leapers when they run at you,

imagine being in a building a it's about to turn night and you see Mr crawler drag himself then at 22:00 BOOM he starts scuttling and trys his best to eat your ankles 

Plus it would look cool seeing his organs jiggle when he runs at you *giggity*

Screenshot_20230907_225107_YouTube.jpg

On 9/6/2023 at 6:47 PM, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

This isn't new to A21. The crawling mechanic was added in A20 and has been the bane of many players' existence ever since.

While I like the mechanic in general, the execution of it leaves something to be desired. IMO, their crawling speed should be reduced slightly and there needs to be a more deliberate animation between standing and crawling and vice versa. This "pop goes the weasel" behavior is really annoying.

3 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

This isn't new to A21. The crawling mechanic was added in A20 and has been the bane of many players' existence ever since.

While I like the mechanic in general, the execution of it leaves something to be desired. IMO, their crawling speed should be reduced slightly and there needs to be a more deliberate animation between standing and crawling and vice versa. This "pop goes the weasel" behavior is really annoying.

The big problem with this is the hit boxes. I'd be much more ok with the sudden crawl if their hit boxes didn't go so wonky.