is it suppoused that stunt baton is superior over chainsaw?

Archael

In theory, chainsaw deal more damage per second.

But: stun baton have huge stun effect, much better than aby other weapon, and it can have aoe stun effect.

While chainsaw have almost no stun effect, and thus makes me very vulnerable against enemies.

Or is there something i missed?

In theory.  Yes.  For the sake of immersion, you'd think that the Chainsaw is the most superior melee weapon in the game.

However, its classified as a tool, not a weapon.   Yes, the Stun Baton is meant to be superior to the chainsaw.

4 minutes ago, Archael said:

Description of the chainsaw sais that it is suppoused to be used to kill zombies.

Its also much higher tier than stun baton.

I get that, but it's still a tool.

https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Chainsaw  (not sure if the wiki is updated to the most current state of exp)

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Archael said:

Description of the chainsaw sais that it is suppoused to be used to kill zombies.

Its also much higher tier than stun baton.

There was a similar case a few alphas ago when the fireaxe was on par with other melee weapons. Now every player saw a melee weapon and woodcutting tool in one so he could save a slot on the toolbelt and it was getting better with miner69er which also made mining better. Absolutely OP

Result: Nobody used any of the other melee weapons anymore. The fireaxe was just too good.

The only fix possible in this situation: Tools have to be bad as weapons.

3 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

For the sake of immersion, you'd think that the Chainsaw is the most superior melee weapon in the game.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

If by "immersion" you mean slasher film then sure. If you mean "realism" then no. A chainsaw would be lucky to make it to the second zombie before being so gummed up with flesh and other crud that the chain jams

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

There was a similar case a few alphas ago when the fireaxe was on par with other melee weapons. Now every player saw a melee weapon and woodcutting tool in one so he could save a slot on the toolbelt and it was getting better with miner69er which also made mining better. Absolutely OP

Result: Nobody used any of the other melee weapons anymore. The fireaxe was just too good.

The only fix possible in this situation: Tools have to be bad as weapons.

Yeah, i understand that part. Tools should not be in pair with weapons. But chainsaw is somewhat T4 tool: stone < iron < steel < mechanical. While stun baton is T2: pipe < stun.
Also, chainsaw uses fuel which is "lategame" resource. As much as i can understand that "iron sledgehammer" > "iron axe", and maybe "iron sledgehammer" > "steel axe". I cant understand "iron sledgehammer" > "chainsaw", and if iron sledgehammer is on pair with tier of stun baton, it makes accurate comparison.
For me, there should be additional tier: pipe baton < police baton < stun baton, and then it could be better than chainsaw. But right now it looks really weird.
(Also, i find axes being much better than chainsaw for everything - killing zombies (because of stun effect) and chopping trees, but its just my subjective observation).

30 minutes ago, Archael said:

Yeah, i understand that part. Tools should not be in pair with weapons. But chainsaw is somewhat T4 tool: stone < iron < steel < mechanical. While stun baton is T2: pipe < stun.

A chainsaw is better than a stun baton. Try cutting down a tree with a stun baton. 

7 hours ago, hiemfire said:

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

If by "immersion" you mean slasher film then sure. If you mean "realism" then no. A chainsaw would be lucky to make it to the second zombie before being so gummed up with flesh and other crud that the chain jams

I have so many questions about your criminal past now.   lol

Just now, Ramethzer0 said:

I have so many questions about your criminal past now.   lol

🤣 Criminal past? Nah. A combination of to much time browsing Rotten, helping my father around the house dealing with dense shrubs that loppers couldn't cut, and watching a few EMT training vids.

Chainsaw against a zed is a max of 9.36 damage per hit against a zed because it's a tool, and not a weapon. It will do 50.31 points of damage to a block, and that isn't including the wood boost buff.

The max level plasma baton does max damage to zeds of 20.41. When used against a block, it is only 11.34.

Fun charts for you guys.

BadPlayer Gaming | 7 Days To Die Damage Chart

3 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Chainsaw against a zed is a max of 9.36 damage per hit against a zed because it's a tool, and not a weapon. It will do 50.31 points of damage to a block, and that isn't including the wood boost buff.

The max level plasma baton does max damage to zeds of 20.41. When used against a block, it is only 11.34.

Fun charts for you guys.

So when is the plasma baton going to be implemented into the game fully or removed from the files?

10 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Fun charts for you guys.

That seemed oddly low to me. So i quickly grabbed a level 6 stun baton from creative menu and it does a melee damage of 29.9 with a normal attack and 49.9 with a power attack while the block damage is 18.

Unless you are talking about an acutal plasma baton and that supposedly higher tier weapon (at least in DF it is the higher tier) does less damage.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So i quickly grabbed a level 6 stun baton from creative menu and it does a melee damage of 29.9 with a normal attack and 49.9 with a power attack while the block damage is 18.

I tried that too, pulled three Stun Batons and three Baseball Bats.. same damage for all six, each were within 0.2 of 30 and 50. The chart shows a difference between bats and batons, did they actually change the bat after b317?

5 hours ago, theFlu said:

I tried that too, pulled three Stun Batons and three Baseball Bats.. same damage for all six, each were within 0.2 of 30 and 50. The chart shows a difference between bats and batons, did they actually change the bat after b317?

On BadPlayers main page it has charts for both. I only linked the b324 chart because b317 isn't valid anymore. Anyone who had a save on b317 should have nuked it already.

9 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

On BadPlayers main page it has charts for both. I only linked the b324 chart because b317 isn't valid anymore.

Ah, my bad; sorta. The first embedded chart (b317) eats scrolling, so I never even realized there's a second one.