Guppy Mods - A21

Guppycur

2 minutes ago, Viscrimson said:

In the gupFireMod there is the added function of spitting the water with a hot bar right click for what I believe is an AOE fire suppressant.  However, I don't seem to be putting out any fires.  Am I totally off on what it was supposed to do?

Are you talking about the fire extinguisher?  

...fixed, thanks for letting me know!

*Fixed - Extinguisher action1 now extinguishes fires

4 hours ago, Reytag said:

I tried both removing the entities and setting their value to 0, the storms still persisted even over some time.

The loud noise might be from the sandstorm.

There is a snake hissing sound heard every ~20 feet or so when you walk in the desert with the mod installed.

I had to remove the mod, I told all players to drop / destroy all mod-related items and move out of the desert, did desert biome chunk resets.  Seems to have worked.  Made backups of course.

Hey would you mind asking your user with the most potato of a computer to test the desert mod again, and manually spawn in a sandstorm?

3 hours ago, Guppycur said:

...fixed, thanks for letting me know!

*Fixed - Extinguisher action1 now extinguishes fires

Hey would you mind asking your user with the most potato of a computer to test the desert mod again, and manually spawn in a sandstorm?

I will ask them if they can do that, they aren't the most computer literate.

Just FYI it also affected my PC with a 12700k and 3080, in the desert I usually get around 90 - 100fps at 3440x1440p with ultra settings.  In some storms that only dropped down to 80 fps but there was almost a persistent sandstorm around a certain trader that dropped me down to 15 fps.

I will try it again soon and let you know.

Hm, I test on a 2080 and didn't see those drops... That being said, once I made the changes I tested on a laptop with I think a 980m and it was fine.  Pretty sure it was a combination of the particles I lowered and the particle blocks I removed.  I had forgotten My first iteration had cactuses turn into sandstorms to simulate them, I had forgotten about that when I made the sandstorm entities, so you were dealing with both. 🙂 

13 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Hm, I test on a 2080 and didn't see those drops... That being said, once I made the changes I tested on a laptop with I think a 980m and it was fine.  Pretty sure it was a combination of the particles I lowered and the particle blocks I removed.  I had forgotten My first iteration had cactuses turn into sandstorms to simulate them, I had forgotten about that when I made the sandstorm entities, so you were dealing with both. 🙂 

It seems better now in terms of performance for the sandstorms.

I see lots of those stills spawning and what seems to be like large air intake filters in the desert giving off trails of smoke, that snake hissing sound is still there as well.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:56 AM, Guppycur said:

The "hissing" sound is sand movement, but those *should* be super rare.

Large air intake filters?  Can you snap a pic?

Also, the stills are spawning?  Def something I'll look at post coffee.  They shouldn't spawn at all. 

I just tested a new RWG 2k desert only, no stills or intakes to be seen.

My Theory, I had previously tested a RWG, the same save both with your previous and new mod versions.  Since you changed the sandstorm generator from block to entity type the log was full of replacement warnings, I think it was replacing those sandstorm blocks with the intake producing smoke block that I mentioned.  That and the stills that were originally there from the previous mod version were introduced back again (same save).  I could be wrong, just doing some quick logical deducting there.

In the new RWG none appear, stills nor intakes.

The hissing noise is apparent in the new rwg save as well, when you run forwards you hear it every 2-3 seconds, regardles of direction you run, with or without a storm happening.

Edited by Reytag (see edit history)

...really shouldn't.  The sounds don't go past 7 blocks from the source and they spawn only at a very small percentage.

<resource blockname="gupSandfallDesert01" prob=".00001" rwgGenerationType="all" /> 

...in biomes.xml, I suppose you could add a few more zero's.

...oh and yes, when you have a mod that has blocks, and you remove the mod but keep the save, the block id's shift.

Hello, I would like to use your mod for an event on my server, and I'm just looking for how to deactivate the initial spawn of zombies in the POIs. I want only myself as an admin to be able to spawn them. I haven't found what to change in the command lines

• xyth locked this topic
  • xyth unlocked this topic
10 hours ago, Guppycur said:

...probably going to update the grenade mod next.  Also apparently need to do something with the water bucket since TFP removed an important property.

Fire brigade buckets! Or a sprinkler system... lol TFP may have removed some benefit but your fire mod adds more where it could possibly shine!

9 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Been tossing ideas to sphereii, one of which is a spray that would make blocks more resistant to fire.  Would people even use it?  Go. 

Sounds good, could even use that irrigation system code of Sphere's to make sprinklers... i can even see a reverse option of your spray for resistance on blocks to one for pvp where you apply tar or some other flammable/accelerant that you wouldn't notice until ignited... or just use it on random buildings you want to burn down faster? Would be interesting to see what you come up with nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Guppycur said:

I actually do have oil slick traps that you can light on fire in the mod. I don't think I've ever seen anybody use them or even notice they exist. :)

I saw them, but didn't think you could apply them to building blocks (other than floors/pathways). To be fair, there is quite a lot out there that probably doesn't get used depending on playstyles. It's nice to change things up though.

9 hours ago, Guppycur said:

I actually do have oil slick traps that you can light on fire in the mod. I don't think I've ever seen anybody use them or even notice they exist. :)

I used to use them a lot, but it is easier to use wood plates on concrete blocks and set them on fire. Lasts longer and is easier to fix/replace afterward.

• 2 months later...