Guppy Mods - A21

Guppycur

23 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Doesn't matter, unity will compress them as needed.  No less than 2k

Ok cool. I'm about to pull the trigger on this. 

The modeler asked "He wants an strict t pose or an anatomic one?"

And

"Can you ask him if he needs the model's rags with some body weight paint or is he going to use the collision physics of the clothes?"

And I hate to make this more complicated but he's asking for one of the game's models so he can use it as a reference. "But he can sent u some basemesh? Doesn't matter if the mesh doesn't have textures I only need the same basemesh to use the same polygonal count". 

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

No rig, no weights, separate the cloth mesh from the primary mesh, a or t pose is fine, and I'm not gonna be the one to rip the game's money making asset and give it to someone, but he can use assetripper for private use if he wants. :)

3 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

No rig, no weights, separate the cloth mesh from the primary mesh, a or t pose is fine, and I'm not gonna be the one to rip the game's money making asset and give it to someone, but he can use assetripper for private use if he wants. :)

Ok. I'll let him know. 

He's also asking which zombies in the game each model is going to be modded onto. I guess so he could match everything. Do these in-game polygon counts and points of articulation?

Yeh I dunno; he basically just needs to model a 3d zombie and stick it in an a or t pose, and add textures. <shrug>

There's nothing to match; I'll be rigging it and adding the corresponding xml for the physicsbody so there are no "points of articulation", except what I set up when I rig it (I use Mixamo).

He has the game now and I gave him a list of in-game zombies that I feel best match the movements of the movie zombies.

Questions:

Is there any flexibility in the animations? Would it be possible to more closely match Tarman's awkward, swaying walk?

I noticed that the Lab zombie seems to have the same walking animation as the Business man, but both her arms are down where the Business man's left arm is held up a little. Is her animation completely unique or can existing animations be edited?

Also, would it be possible to spawn Bub with a handgun that he would shoot you with, but only when he spawns in a specific location, closely matching the end of the movie when he shoots Rhodes?

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

Is there a way to remove him and possibly the clown guy? The ran into the big guy on like day 5 in an infested clear and he killed me fairly quickly as my weapons were no match for him. There was no way I was completing that quest with my level 1 pistol and shotgun. LOL!

8 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Yeh but only do it from entitygroups.xml, not from any other place.  Do a search and replace, to make sure there are no empty entries. 

I'm assuming the clown is KennethClown, but what is the big pink guys name?

Ok, so I am kinda in the same boat as Puma. I'm getting abused in this new save. I had to pull all of them out because ones that I didn't think were too strong were knocking 50 hp off me in one hit. 

I don't want to remove any of them though. How would I make it so the super duper ones won't spawn until a later gamestage?

On 1/15/2024 at 2:57 AM, Guppycur said:

Custom animations are available, they just need to be found and converted.  Look on mixamo dot com for ones you like. 

Yeh meaty is a beast.

He is a beast. That's fine, I like a challenge. But he only earns you minimum XP. The same amount as party girl whiwh I kill in one blow.

On 1/23/2024 at 3:01 AM, Arez said:

Ok, so I am kinda in the same boat as Puma. I'm getting abused in this new save. I had to pull all of them out because ones that I didn't think were too strong were knocking 50 hp off me in one hit. 

I don't want to remove any of them though. How would I make it so the super duper ones won't spawn until a later gamestage?

All the magic is in the entitygroups.xml file

On 1/23/2024 at 1:06 PM, Braccx said:

He is a beast. That's fine, I like a challenge. But he only earns you minimum XP. The same amount as party girl whiwh I kill in one blow.

Oh did I miss him in my last update?

I'm just getting back in town from work, I may have time to looksee next week. 

8 hours ago, Guppycur said:

No worries. Also, these three mods are a great addition to the game! It needed the variety. Great job!

Gonna try your entitygroups.xml tip. Meaty is just too OP for me.

14 hours ago, Guppycur said:

And please, if possible, look at the grandmother from zombie pack 3, her dress looks buggy, and if you kill her it often turns black and rushes from side to side. I love your mods, good luck and thanks for them!

Bestiary

Download Here

...adds a Bestiary to the game.  On startup, you will have an additional book.  As you kill beasts, entries will be added to the book.  See the above youtube link for an example.  Works faster than the video, and we fixed a few things. 😃

Much much MUCH thanks to Mumpfy, as he put way more work into this than I did.

Sirillion for the idea, Telric for some xml, Stallionsden for testing, and anyone else who helped along the way.

034_bear.png?ex=65cbf13e&is=65b97c3e&hm=

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Bestiary

Download Here

...adds a Bestiary to the game.  On startup, you will have an additional book.  As you kill beasts, entries will be added to the book.  See the above youtube link for an example.  Works faster than the video, and we fixed a few things. 😃

Much much MUCH thanks to Mumpfy, as he put way more work into this than I did.

Sirillion for the idea, Telric for some xml, Stallionsden for testing, and anyone else who helped along the way.

034_bear.png?ex=65cbf13e&is=65b97c3e&hm=

I love the book and pictures, and the idea of kind a survivalist notes you can take on the World. I would have made some improvements like:

– The 1st time you add a beast after “seeing” (aiming or whatever) it, it would be added, this should give you some tricks or notes on how to fight that beast (weakness, health, movement,…)
– The 2nd time you have an encounter and only if you kill the beast, will add “something” (don’t know if a quote or what you want) and give you some bonus/es against that kind of beast for the rest of the game.
– The 3rd time and in case there is a special beast, could add any other note/quote and give you a kind of trophy (item to put as decoration) and a fancy picture on book.

This can be improved or refined a lot, but is something I had in mind for some time.

This is just a terrific implementation. Thank you.
I know there are people who don't care for little things like houses, deco, things like this... but this is one of those added-layers I love that makes the game more enjoyable.
Always loved the Codex implemented in Warhammer Online (the old MMO) and this has similar vibes. 
Thank you again!