Guppy Mods - A21

Guppycur

On 12/23/2023 at 6:50 PM, Guppycur said:

Release of this pack is out, but I'm leaving the link ONLY on this post, so whomever reads it can download it, to keep the testing pool small.

Please give me feedback on these, thanks.

DOWNLOAD HERE

I like them.  They have more details and animations, and often surprise me by popping back up after i thought i got em.  Seems they are maybe a little darker than vanilla zombies?

No problems in ~ 3 hours gameplay

Absolutely adore the work you guys all do.

Quick question:

Firemod: Relatively new to modding 7DtD and still uncertain on workflow for player buff triggers- do you know where can I possibly look to add player damage when in contact with a fire-affected block? I looked around to see if there was anything pertaining to that scenario potentially commented out but came up empty handed (unless I missed it).

Edit: I found the "BurnPlayersDown" line, so perhaps fire is already supposed to do damage, I take it? Please forgive me if this a working function already implemented and I just have a local issue.

Edited by DONGCHOPS (see edit history)

Added a level indicator mod I wrote quickly yesterday, based on a discussion I was having with DaDiGui.

...basically adds a visual indicator of a player's level, based on vanilla quality level colors.

Level     Color

0-9        Brown

10-24    Orange

25-49    Yellow

50-74    Green

75-99    Blue

100+     Purple

image.png?ex=65ad9572&is=659b2072&hm=dc4

Your zombie packs are amazing! I can't believe I waited so long to install them. 

I just loaded all 3 in yesterday and I ran into a few glitches. 

I'm on 21.2 and the only other mods I have going are Doughphunghus's Dark Nights, the OCB Leveling Tool and Yakov's Performance Mod. 

As a note, the electricity from the stun baton does display on the big guy, just not the flames. 

Ok yeh I still need to look into the cloth physics of two colors of those old crones. 

...nice list, thanks for this.  Mid project into something else ATM but if I can spare some time I can fix some of these. :)

18 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Mid project into something else ATM but if I can spare some time I can fix some of these.

Awesome!

Now, this might be a longshot but seeing as you got cloth physics going, do you think you could make the Tarman zombie from Return of the Living Dead? 

I see that you made the plaid shirt zombie from Dawn of the Dead. That's so great. 

Also are one of your zombies the zombie from the City of the Living Dead poster?

16 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Well remember, I'm not *making* any of these, I'm simply using what models I can find and setting them up for 7 days.

OH I thought you modeled these. Ok.

Let's say I wanted to pay someone to make a model and rig it. Could I just give it to you and you could make a mod of it?

3 hours ago, Arez said:

OH I thought you modeled these. Ok.

Let's say I wanted to pay someone to make a model and rig it. Could I just give it to you and you could make a mod of it?

It'd actually be better if it was unrigged. Just a t pose.

I don't mod for money (because then it becomes a job) but if the model didn't suck, it only takes me like 10 minutes to do one.

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

I don't mod for money (because then it becomes a job) but if the model didn't suck, it only takes me like 10 minutes to do one.

I was thinking of finding someone on Fivver or something to make the model, or maybe 3 models. Tarman, the zombie from Creepshow (my avatar) and Bub from Day of the Dead. 

I was inspired to consider this when I saw your cloth physics. The Tarman has all sorts of ripped clothes hanging off him. 

What would cause a model to suck? Would there be anything I'd have to tell the modeler?

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Separate clothes meshes are best, because then I could turn say, the rags mesh to use cloth physics while keeping the body normal.

I want them to look as good as what's already in the game. Would 4k textures be necessary?