Guppy Mods - A21

Guppycur

Lol I'm done making new ones. 😃

Here is the list of names.  I'd say RiotGear, Meaty and Radiated are tougher than the rest.

image.png.2565db3af21526e80f48ca6758058267.png

...but yeh I think the 40+ is enough for a pack.

6 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Lol I'm done making new ones. 😃

...I'm saying that, but I'm also downloading more models to use. Lol

On 7/18/2023 at 5:52 PM, Meechakeecha said:

I am playing on a dedicated server. The portals work fine after being placed and named. When I log in after the server restarts or if no one has been on for a few hours, the portals are not working. I usually log in where the first portal is. The first portal is still there and it is still named but it just says Not Connected. If I go to the chunk that has the second portal, suddenly it works fine again. This doesn't fix it for other people though. Each player has to go to the second portal and then it activates by getting close to it. This, unfortunately, makes the portals difficult to work with. Is this expected behaviour for a dedicated server? I am on the A21 version of both your mod and SCore, updated as of yesterday. 

In case this helps anyone experiencing the same problem (portals not automatically reconnecting after restarting game/server), I found a simple solution.  Put a campfire near each of the portals, load it with fuel, and leave it burning all the time.  The game will then look at that chunk of the map, and it triggers the portals to connect.

Third question. If a portal is on blocks (not dirt/ground) and I teleport to it, my character often falls below the portal and gets "stuck" under it or the surrounding blocks. I can get out eventually but I might need to navigate a little. This doesn't happen when the portal is on dirt or the ground. Is this normal? 

Placing the portal on a surface 3 blocks above the ground, with nothing below that surface, seemed to work the best for us.  You will teleport in at ground level, right below the portal.

Some more info about the portals from another player that tested each of them:

Portal 2: It's not possible to set a name to the portal. Always teleport to itself.
Portal 3
: The animation is bugged and is the one with the most lag of all.
Portal 4
: Requires power.
Portal 5
: Works fine.
Portal 6
: Works fine.

Tried 21exp with no mods and 21 stable with mods and still same issue. Debug mode on, F6 to spawn entities and spawned "Zombie Guppy No Arms"

It spawned that guy in the photo, and when you kill him, he starts to spin around and sometimes rises spinning in the sky.

Zombie.jpg

Would it be possible at all to get those Female / Male Doctors & Female / Male Soldier zombies that were in A18/19 and the  old creature pack fixed up/added into the Guppy Mod?

? we need more of those types as well!. anyway thank you Gup and whoever else for setting this up. much love ❤️

Edited by Khayotik (see edit history)