Khaine's A21 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

On 8/3/2023 at 10:54 AM, SiliconPenguin said:

A simple question, mostly about terminology...  When you defined 3 categories of mods/modlets as follows:

1). XML Only Modlets (can be installed on servers with no client download).

2). XML + Assets Modlets (cannot be server only).

3). C# Modlets (cannot be server only, EAC must be off!!!)

Were you strictly referring to 'dedicated' servers? Or are you including multiplayer games served from a single player game as well? If I install any of the working mods from the first category into my mod directory, does it get automatically downloaded by players connecting to my game? Or do they need to download the mod themselves, and install it? I'm thinking the later, but can I get some clarification?

No he wasn’t 

yes

yes

no

To expand more on my brief response:

There is always a server involved when you play 7 days to die - Single Player (your machine is both the server and the client), someone is hosting a multiplayer game (the host is both the server and a client while everyone else connecting to the host is just a client), or using a dedicated server (the server is just the server while everyone connecting to the dedi server is a client).

Category 1 has to be installed on the server (your computer in SP, the host's computer, or the dedi).  Installing on all computers will not hurt anything as the server computer will override everyone else with the xml edits.

Category 2 has to be installed on all computers playing the game (server and clients) as the clients are using the local assets to place in game.

Category 3 has to be installed on all computers (and EAC off as mentioned by Khaine) as you are now using modified source code to play the game.  Clients use the source code on their computer to run the game at their end.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, madtag76 said:

Using your 96 slot backpack, having all armour pieces with triple armour pocket mods, and all clothing with the double clothing pocket mods we still have one full row and 2 slots which are keeping us encumbered.  Is this by design?

Probably. I imagine you can fill the last of them by putting points into Pack Mule.

On 8/6/2023 at 12:54 AM, floreit said:

Anyone know how i can force the 15 slots to be in one row and not 2 rows?  I had this same problem in A20 and the only way i could solve it then was a Overhaul modpack.

What is your screen resolution?

2 hours ago, madtag76 said:

Using your 96 slot backpack, having all armour pieces with triple armour pocket mods, and all clothing with the double clothing pocket mods we still have one full row and 2 slots which are keeping us encumbered.  Is this by design?

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Probably. I imagine you can fill the last of them by putting points into Pack Mule.

Having just gone from the 60 to the 96, I feel like they should give double. He more or less doubled the pack mule perks. I just now went ahead and did it for myself. No, I didn't rename the mods, I did update the display value though. It could be it's own mod but it only makes sense to me to use it along with this mod. For the 60 slot I would scale it back a little. I feel like this keeps it in scale with vanilla, although without this it does make pack mule more valuable (I haven't put points into it in ages, even when I am Str focused) and you could skip pockets pretty much altogether if you maxed it out. I just feel with the amount of crap that has been added to the game, the amount of inventory we get should also scale with it. In A20 I was content with 60 but in A21 it doesn't feel like enough. I'm not even sure if anything new added really besides the magazines but I am carrying and making a lot heavier use of vending machine consumables now.

Make an item_modifiers.xml and stick it in  \Mods\KHA21-96BBM\Config. I don't remember exactly where I picked up using my name instead of config, but it isn't an ego thing. Some old tutorial considered it a good habit to avoid conflicts (although I don't really see how). Feel free to put your own name, config or whatever you like, just make sure the open and close match.

<Krougal>

<!-- *** Clothing_Pocket_Mods -->
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modClothingStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">2</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modClothingStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">2</set>

<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modClothingCargoStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">4</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modClothingCargoStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">4</set>

<!-- *** Armor_Mods -->

<!--Clothing Attachments-->

<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">2</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">2</set>

<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorDoubleStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">4</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorDoubleStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">4</set>

<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorTripleStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">6</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorTripleStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">6</set>

</Krougal>

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

I have heard rumors that Khaine made a mod that made the zombie path different, more like alpha16? I am looking for one that will have them attack doors, walls, windows, not just walk on a certain path to get to you. I didn't see it on this list. any ideas? thnks

On 8/2/2023 at 7:49 AM, shaggs said:

01d6afe079_album.jpg

Cannot reproduce this. I'd check and make sure you don't have other stuff installed messing with the backpack.

On 8/3/2023 at 3:54 PM, SiliconPenguin said:

A simple question, mostly about terminology...  When you defined 3 categories of mods/modlets as follows:

1). XML Only Modlets (can be installed on servers with no client download).

2). XML + Assets Modlets (cannot be server only).

3). C# Modlets (cannot be server only, EAC must be off!!!)

Were you strictly referring to 'dedicated' servers? Or are you including multiplayer games served from a single player game as well? If I install any of the working mods from the first category into my mod directory, does it get automatically downloaded by players connecting to my game? Or do they need to download the mod themselves, and install it? I'm thinking the later, but can I get some clarification?

ANY kind of server. If someone is connecting to a dedicated server, or TO YOU, or you TO THEM, then the 2 and 3 mods MUST be installed by everyone.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:41 AM, AaronG85 said:

Just saw a small grammatical error in your Food Water Mod 

ModInfo.xml
<Name value="FoodWndWaterBars" />

But also get this yellow warning everytime i load

2023-08-05T12:40:21 71.510 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "FoodWndWaterBars" did not apply: <remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowToolbelt']/rect/rect[@pos='376,-77']"  (line 5 at pos 3)

Just thought i would let you know.

Intended. The warning patch is in case someone decides to use it with my larger toolbelt. Easier than releasing 2 versions since it doesn't break anything.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:54 PM, floreit said:

Anyone know how i can force the 15 slots to be in one row and not 2 rows?  I had this same problem in A20 and the only way i could solve it then was a Overhaul modpack.

Um, it IS one row.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:58 AM, madtag76 said:

Yes. Buy pack mule.

On 8/7/2023 at 3:41 AM, Krougal said:

Having just gone from the 60 to the 96, I feel like they should give double. He more or less doubled the pack mule perks. I just now went ahead and did it for myself. No, I didn't rename the mods, I did update the display value though. It could be it's own mod but it only makes sense to me to use it along with this mod. For the 60 slot I would scale it back a little. I feel like this keeps it in scale with vanilla, although without this it does make pack mule more valuable (I haven't put points into it in ages, even when I am Str focused) and you could skip pockets pretty much altogether if you maxed it out. I just feel with the amount of crap that has been added to the game, the amount of inventory we get should also scale with it. In A20 I was content with 60 but in A21 it doesn't feel like enough. I'm not even sure if anything new added really besides the magazines but I am carrying and making a lot heavier use of vending machine consumables now.

Make an item_modifiers.xml and stick it in  \Mods\KHA21-96BBM\Config. I don't remember exactly where I picked up using my name instead of config, but it isn't an ego thing. Some old tutorial considered it a good habit to avoid conflicts (although I don't really see how). Feel free to put your own name, config or whatever you like, just make sure the open and close match.

<Krougal>

<!-- *** Clothing_Pocket_Mods -->
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modClothingStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">2</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modClothingStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">2</set>

<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modClothingCargoStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">4</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modClothingCargoStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">4</set>

<!-- *** Armor_Mods -->

<!--Clothing Attachments-->

<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">2</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">2</set>

<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorDoubleStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">4</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorDoubleStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">4</set>

<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorTripleStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity']/@value">6</set>
<set xpath="item_modifiers/item_modifier[@name='modArmorTripleStoragePocket']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/display_value[@name='dCarryCapacity']/@value">6</set>

</Krougal>

Or you could buy pack mule as intended. I did that so the perk actually has a use.

On 8/7/2023 at 3:22 PM, lordneg said:

I have heard rumors that Khaine made a mod that made the zombie path different, more like alpha16? I am looking for one that will have them attack doors, walls, windows, not just walk on a certain path to get to you. I didn't see it on this list. any ideas? thnks

I did not make a mod like that.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hey I love these modlets, I noticed that the 3 Slot Forge disabled the hotkey for taking stuff from the output, so I fixed it. I changed this part:

<window name="windowThreeForgeOutput" pos="0,-48" width="228" height="152" anchor="CenterTop" panel="Right" cursor_area="true" controller="WorkstationOutputWindow">
			<panel style="header.panel" pos="0,-38">
				<sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack"/>
				<label style="header.name" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput"/>

<rect pivot="topleft" pos="0,0" controller="ContainerStandardControls" createuiwidget="true" visible="{buttons_visible}">
          <button   depth="3" name="btnMoveAll"          sprite="ui_game_symbol_store_all_up"     tooltip="{take_all_tooltip}"          pos="203, -22" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" sound="[paging_click]" />
        </rect>
			</panel>

<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-83" height="150" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">
				<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="150" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
					<grid depth="10" name="inventory" rows="2" cols="3" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">
						<item_stack name="0"/>
					</grid>
			</rect>
		</window>		

On 8/9/2023 at 5:26 AM, Neutromancer said:

Hey I love these modlets, I noticed that the 3 Slot Forge disabled the hotkey for taking stuff from the output, so I fixed it. I changed this part:

<window name="windowThreeForgeOutput" pos="0,-48" width="228" height="152" anchor="CenterTop" panel="Right" cursor_area="true" controller="WorkstationOutputWindow">
			<panel style="header.panel" pos="0,-38">
				<sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack"/>
				<label style="header.name" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput"/>

<rect pivot="topleft" pos="0,0" controller="ContainerStandardControls" createuiwidget="true" visible="{buttons_visible}">
          <button   depth="3" name="btnMoveAll"          sprite="ui_game_symbol_store_all_up"     tooltip="{take_all_tooltip}"          pos="203, -22" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" sound="[paging_click]" />
        </rect>
			</panel>

<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-83" height="150" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">
				<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="150" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
					<grid depth="10" name="inventory" rows="2" cols="3" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">
						<item_stack name="0"/>
					</grid>
			</rect>
		</window>		

Cheers. Didn't realise they'd done that so will have a look.

13 hours ago, darkmalice said:

Do the wandering hordes in the Frequency mod spawn at (non-BM) night? Or are they limited to daytime hours?

They can spawn any non-BM time.

4 hours ago, dujinyuan said:

I used a lot of your mods..But where is the chicken mod? In that mod i can feed them and get the  eggs and feathers. That makes me very happy...

I need to re-do that one later. I remember I was having issues getting it into the progression system with the new magazines and stuff

I love the Night Vision mod, it makes it so much more useful.

However, my GF can't stand the 'red' tint to everything.

Is there a way I can adjust the amount of red, blue, green that is used?

I think something more with a green tint would suit our needs better.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, slaughter said:

Hey Khaine,

Any chance the Hornet mod will get some loving for A21? I tried to use the current one, but it seems to be broken?

Anyway, thanks for reading.

It already is updated and works.

10 hours ago, SelDraken said:

I love the Night Vision mod, it makes it so much more useful.

However, my GF can't stand the 'red' tint to everything.

Is there a way I can adjust the amount of red, blue, green that is used?

I think something more with a green tint would suit our needs better.

Thanks.

Nope. It's literally just the bright effect.

@KhaineGB, I just spun up a server with a new map and added a few of the mods. One of the bigger is the 96 slot backpack. I have maxed pack mule, armor pieces have 3 slot mod and cloths have 2 slot mod.  However I have 52 of my slots populated, and I am being told I have 7 slots over and encumbered. Is there something I am missing to actually use the slots unencumbered. Looks like I have 51 slots that are marked as encumbered. 

Hi guys,i have a problem whit Behemoth mod:

I tried to install the mod in my online server, I put its "Behemoth" folder in the Mods directory, but in the server when I try to respawn the zombie it shows errors from the console. I installed it like the other mods, I don't understand the problem... the server uses the A21 version.

11 hours ago, Lucky2999 said:

Hi guys,i have a problem whit Behemoth mod:

I tried to install the mod in my online server, I put its "Behemoth" folder in the Mods directory, but in the server when I try to respawn the zombie it shows errors from the console. I installed it like the other mods, I don't understand the problem... the server uses the A21 version.

And nobody here can understand the problem either as you have not stated any information other than you got errors.  Error messages?

Also, did you install it on your computer also?  This mod needs to be installed on all computers (servers and everyone connecting to the server).

6 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

And nobody here can understand the problem either as you have not stated any information other than you got errors.  Error messages?

Also, did you install it on your computer also?  This mod needs to be installed on all computers (servers and everyone connecting to the server).

When respawning, an error appears. Do I have to force players to manually download the mod with a link? can't I install it only on the server?