Have a cookie.

Gamida

I have gotten and seen other get this icon and I am not sure what it means. Does it mean different things to different members?

Does it mean "Aw, man I feel bad for you. Here have this comforting delicious cookie." or "Man, you are such a child, here have this cookie to calm you down and get you shut up"

Roland, do you have an official response to this?

I also would like to move that we have a thumbs up icon (Like) to be a counter to the thumbs down icon (Dislike)...and no thanks icon is not the same 😛

Am already expecting the influx of prank  have a cookie icons

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

i have seen and heard of "what you want .... a cookie" as a sarcastic statement and i have had it stated as a friendly statement as well...

i have had quite a few people hit me with it so regardless of its true meaning... i dont care :) i am entitled to my opinion as well as anyone else. same as the facepalm... not gonna hurt my feelings as i have received them as well.. oh and best to my knowledge... the thumbs down does not lower any counts in our forum... yep i have received a few of them as well.

but i think the cookie is suppose to be more of a sarcasm expression. but i could be wrong. :)

53 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I have gotten and seen other get this icon and I am not sure what it means. Does it mean different things to different members?

Does it mean "Aw, man I feel bad for you. Here have this comforting delicious cookie." or "Man, you are such a child, here have this cookie to calm you down and get you shut up"

Roland, do you have an official response to this?

I also would like to move that we have a thumbs up icon (Like) to be a counter to the thumbs down icon (Dislike)...and no thanks icon is not the same 😛

Am already expecting the influx of prank  have a cookie icons

Lol.  I've considered posting this exact same question.  It doesn't add a point, which suggests whoever added it as a reaction doesn't consider it positive.  But it can easily be both positive and negative.  It can be like saying, "Do you want some cheese with that whine?"  Basically sarcasm along the lines of saying the person is being ridiculous.  Or it can be saying that you like their response enough to offer them a reward/treat because it was so good.

Simply because it can mean opposite things, I never use it.  And if people use it on my posts, I just ignore it because I don't have any idea what the intent was unless they also post a reply.

Regarding the thumbs up thing... What is different between thumbs up and like?  They seem to say the same thing.

6 hours ago, nostalginator said:

I believe that's what he was saying.  Neither of them is a reaction option currently.

Like is very much a reaction option.  It's the default option if you just click the reaction button rather than choosing something.

Perhaps that's what is confusing because it can appear to just be the button rather than part of the possible reactions as it has a slight space right before it and is surrounded by a circle.  But this is the most common reaction people give.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Honestly, most of the reaction icons confuse me. So many of them make no sense to me and why they're the only available options is beyond my level of understanding.

Am I too old to understand the reference of "Prime" ones? When looking at them from a normal distance, you can't tell them apart cuz they were clearly never meant to be an icon size.

What's the point of a knuckle rub reaction? If someone did that to me in real life, I'd knock their teeth out, so I can't imagine it being a positive reaction thing.

How often does the Afraid reaction get used? How weird does one need to be to be afraid of someone's post?

Like everyone else posted, I feel like the "Have a Cookie" one just seems sarcastic and rude to me. Yet, I get that one a lot when helping ppl out with their troubleshooting which just makes it confusing (that and the knuckle rub one too).

The other 6 emojis are fine, just wish there was more of those ones.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

This is one of the bigger reactions I have woken up to in a while. I guess others have had the thought in back of their minds about it too.

Thanks for the comments and yeah as some of you say it is confusing and you don't bother with it either way.

I am not exactly bothered by it either I was just figuring it could be cleared up.

Any way thanks for the response.

41 minutes ago, Gamida said:

This is one of the bigger reactions I have woken up to in a while. I guess others have had the thought in back of their minds about it too.

Thanks for the comments and yeah as some of you say it is confusing and you don't bother with it either way.

I am not exactly bothered by it either I was just figuring it could be cleared up.

Any way thanks for the response.

here is a pizza and beer emojii as you deserve them. 🍕🍺

The cookie was created as a negative reaction (AFAIK) but a lot of people don't know or assume differently and I have received it as a positive as well as a negative reaction on occasion. So I ignore it as well.

The Prime ones can easily be identified by their hover text.

knuckle rub is a Roland original and he should be asked about its exact meaning.

The Afraid icon is sometimes used by Blake_ (or Jost Amman?) to probably express shock. No one else seems to be using it, ever.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I had to come and look at this thread after reading the "What time on Monday.." thread (btw, are we there yet?).  

I offer this alternative meaning to "Have a cookie" (though Mega has explained it above):  Welcome to the dark side. 

spacer.png

51 minutes ago, LilGraece said:

I had to come and look at this thread after reading the "What time on Monday.." thread (btw, are we there yet?).  

I offer this alternative meaning to "Have a cookie" (though Mega has explained it above):  Welcome to the dark side. 

spacer.png

This exactly what i thought about in the first moment 😁

By the way, hi, i am new here and love this game, so i entered this club of fanboys to kill boredom when killing zombies is currently not possible. 😀

25 minutes ago, Lokeus said:

This exactly what i thought about in the first moment 😁

By the way, hi, i am new here and love this game, so i entered this club of fanboys to kill boredom when killing zombies is currently not possible. 😀

Well, welcome!  I'm not new to lurking in the forums, though I've been more vocal of late.  

I also love this game (so much more than I thought I would) and am eagerly awaiting the ability to play (though I suppose I can be distracted by work, a little, in the interim :D ).