are these weapon droprates normal?

POCKET951

42 days into my 20.5 pregen 8k world and it feels like 75% of my weapons have come from traders.

I see lots of armor and weapon mods and tools in loot

guns? not so much, most of the guns I have came from the trader

my lootstage is 109ish.

are weapons normally this scarce?  also I never find any lever action rifles..like ever.

as someone with over 1000 hours in this game looting from POI's feels a little bit... off atm? there plenty of everything else though.  

just wanting to compare with other peoples experiences.

Maybe I am just really use to alpha 18/19 looting?

also to be fair I am keeping these in storage so this is a fairly curated collection of weapons, anything pipe or level 1 would have been turned into parts or sold.
image.thumb.png.559c901d39ffb79a32b76bff9cd24cc0.png

Edited by POCKET951 (see edit history)

• POCKET951 changed the title to are these weapon droprates normal?

Hi,

i am also quite unhappy with the current loot.

I am at the point of the game, where it keeps throwing LVL 6 M60's and Desert Vultures at me, but until now i have not found a single LVL6 AK (I only found 2 x lvl 4 some 100 days earlier)

Also, it feels a bit strange, that in most of my games, i find a SMG very late in the game, after i already found multiple lvl6 7.62 guns...

I would assume the SMG is a lower tier and should be found before the 7.62 guns maybe?

21 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

my lootstage is 109ish.

So from a looting standpoint, you would see at this stage:

T1 - Qualities 1 to 4

T2 - Quality 1

T3 - Quality 1

with a probability of 0.47 for T1, 0.13 for T2, and 0 for T3.  To get a decent chance of T3 (I define decent chance of 0.25 on the chart), you have to get up to 215 loot stage when you open the loot container (taking into consideration POI and biome bonuses).

In addition, range weapons complete with weapon parts and melee weapons in most of the loot containers where you have a chance to finding one.  In the chests, the weapons group competes with the armor group.  Most of the probabilities I saw were med or high so a good chance of picking from the group, it is just the group is large and competes with other items.  So when you loot the end chests of a POI, that melee weapon or armor or set of weapon parts was picked instead of a ranged weapon.

9 hours ago, Thunderbolt-GER said:

Hi,

I am at the point of the game, where it keeps throwing LVL 6 M60's and Desert Vultures at me, but until now i have not found a single LVL6 AK (I only found 2 x lvl 4 some 100 days earlier)

If you are getting level 6 T3 weapons, your loot stage is around 273 (at a minimum) when it takes into consideration your level and any bonuses.  The good news is that at that loot stage, you would only see Q6 AK47s.  The bad news is that your loot stage is so high at that point, the probability of finding T1 weapons in loot is 0.

20 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

So from a looting standpoint, you would see at this stage:

T1 - Qualities 1 to 4

T2 - Quality 1

T3 - Quality 1

with a probability of 0.47 for T1, 0.13 for T2, and 0 for T3.  To get a decent chance of T3 (I define decent chance of 0.25 on the chart), you have to get up to 215 loot stage when you open the loot container (taking into consideration POI and biome bonuses).

In addition, range weapons complete with weapon parts and melee weapons in most of the loot containers where you have a chance to finding one.  In the chests, the weapons group competes with the armor group.  Most of the probabilities I saw were med or high so a good chance of picking from the group, it is just the group is large and competes with other items.  So when you loot the end chests of a POI, that melee weapon or armor or set of weapon parts was picked instead of a ranged weapon.

If you are getting level 6 T3 weapons, your loot stage is around 273 (at a minimum) when it takes into consideration your level and any bonuses.  The good news is that at that loot stage, you would only see Q6 AK47s.  The bad news is that your loot stage is so high at that point, the probability of finding T1 weapons in loot is 0.

So then the quality 5/6 stuff has more or less all come from traders. I already have a Q6 auto shotgun, a Q5 sniper rifle and a Q4 compound crossbow, as well as a Q6 m60

and that stuff all came from the trader/trader quest. The trader really makes looting feel off right now because it just skips such a huge chunk of the loot/game stage balancing

will be interesting to see how this dynamic will be balanced out in A21 with trader stage.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:29 AM, Thunderbolt-GER said:

Hi,

Also, it feels a bit strange, that in most of my games, i find a SMG very late in the game, after i already found multiple lvl6 7.62 guns...

I would assume the SMG is a lower tier and should be found before the 7.62 guns maybe?

No, the SMG is tier3, in the same bracket as an M60, AFAIK. In 7D2D all weapons of the same tier are considered equal, you would find AKs (tier1) much much earlier than an SMG. It needs to be as people are choosing and perking into one type of weapon. Machine guns have the most damage, but also the most expensive ammo. If ammo were somewhat scarce (which it isn't atm, at least or especially for veteran players) machine guns would have a drawback as well as other weapons.

In alphas before A17 there where much fewer guns in the game and the guns actually had a progression like you assumed, you would find pistol, then hunting rifle, shotgun, ak, sniper. But those were the only guns then.

Weapon drop rates have not been normal. I usually could loot a pistol before day 3. I frequently looted a crossbow around day 6. Not anymore. I usually buy a crossbow from the trader then I get a pistol from the trader or I make one a few days later.

I haven't looted any machine guns or rifles. I get them as loot rewards. I loot lots of armor. I haven't seen very many weapons for sale.

Something's happened to the loot tables and they're more rare now.

4 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Not in A20 and if you did then RNG was smiling ear to ear on you. Unless you mean scrap crap pistol..then who cares as it's not worth using anyway.

I exactly mean a scrap crap pistol. It is very useful for shooting chickens and rabbits. Once I got that gun I didn't have to worry about food. If I got into trouble with the Z's in a closed room, it was very good to have as long as I had the ammo. Lol

(Puts on tin foil hat and has no data other than feelz.)

I find that with the hinted at; fixed RNG roll(s) per map/play through, that some items and weapons remain super rare the whole play through regardless of the loot tables.

(Takes off tin foil hat)

My last play through, before ninja hoag got me, I had looted 9mm from the purse on top of counter at that trader that has the heavily fortified camp, then all the towers had ammo including 7.62.  I was happy like a pig in sheet.  That is when I was asking and going back to base to make me a fine greaser, but that ninja hoag got me.  I swear he was using modified shurikens, cut me off at the kneecaps.  And I forgot I had the 9mm, so he must have hit me with a forgetful work shurikens was well.  It was one bad ass pig.

Oh this play through, day 3 drop rifle with 100 rnds of 7.62.  off to make a greaser :).  No pistol yet though.

You reminded me of why I boosted my loot bonus in my game with my wife. 

It has felt a bit... off. A19 I felt like every fifth toilet had a level 1 pistol in it, now I raid toilets exclusively to find one early game. There's a shift in "feel" for loot overall for me, personally, even with the adjusted loot. Traders especially. First day? Motorcycle. Day 70? What's that? You wanted a water cooler? Maybe some cowboy boots? Best I can do is overpriced mushrooms.

However, when you boost your loot, ammo really comes up and it balances out very well. I might be stuck with a level 2 pistol, but I have three stacks of ammo and at least a mod or so. 

Praise RNGeezus.