Not Medieval Mod - A Fantasy Modpack

arramus

3 hours ago, BasicallyACat said:

Awesome, thanks.

I think the only questions we have left (whether I asked it above or not) is what skill buffs the new crossbows, and whether or not things like Flurry of Blows affect the new one-handed weapons.

I'll just copy and paste that particular bit from the answer above about Flurry of Blows:

Even though some are one handed/look like clubs/knifey they are not covered by flurry of blows or deep cuts. In time, things may change but that will be an arduous process at the moment.

The new crossbows are governed by the perk Archery and all the books just as with the Vanilla bow type. I'll add more clarity in the Progression area to mention they use their own custom ammo.

Update 19 is for dl, slayer quests added to traders inventory and zombieslayer to player starting inventory for testing, mountain multitrader poi removed having too many issues and is being repurposed for questing, beasts nest poi added. Will require a new rwg map.

15 hours ago, BasicallyACat said:

Hey, I'm multi-quoting just so you both see it.  We have some feeback, though for an alpha version of the mod we're generally happy.  As best as I can I'm going to skip commenting on anything we know that you're already looking at (like bows and what to do with T3).

• If I could only recommend one thing:
    Overall, a better intro document.

Feel free to write a document outlining everything that is appropriate for new players or important as players move up in Game Stage and it can be added to the first post. ^^

• We are jonesing for shields to be a thing you can wield.  We know that the base game may be giving you obstacles there.

Based on a novel approach Oakraven used in the Snufkin Weapons PLUS mod, it is possible to attach an item onto a player using the helmet dye area. This shield is in the game if you search in the Creative Menu area for shields. It is purely experimental because it is buggy. For example, you can 'put it on' but not take it off. For whatever reason, a remove prompt that works for all Vanilla models attached to a player, do not remove for custom models, at least the 3 we have tested.
After removing the item from the 'helmet' it is necessary to log out and log back in to purge it. This is something we will look at in more detail as things stabilise. This shields gives a +1 to damage resistance and elemental resistance for heat/electricity.

20220529215227_1.thumb.jpg.cc407914b1aad0050191d8a4b22e4a8e.jpg

• After we updated we had a funny incident with regular zombies from vanilla 7dtd spawning in on a dig mission, IIRC.

We shall monitor this. The dig quests spawn from a SleeperGSList of entities. In turn this list selects from a sleeperHordeStage list which is linked to player game stage. And then entities from a lonnnnnng sleeper horde list spawn.
The NMM only has Undead entities in this list so it's something that may have additional influence from elsewhere.

• It took longer that you might guess to get how there are two categories of crossbow and bolts.  We thought things were just flat-out broken.

This has been Localised with clearer documentation in the Attributes/Skills area.

• Early game like day 1 might need to chill out a bit with the enemies.  Ideally you shouldn't be able to be shot on day 1 because that's like half of your health in one hit.

There is a built in check system which allows servers to give a 5 day/level chill time (by default) which protects the player from environmental damage and too many entities. This is hardcoded and it doesn't appear that the NPCs are governed by it. The ranged Orcs/Goblins/Elvens had their probability reduced to 30% chance to spawn out in the Biomes. This is a one time setting that is not linked to game stage and is locked. Any more becomes too harsh but any less turns the Biome increases the melee entities and it becomes too easy as Game Stage increases. The only suggestion for now is to complete the starter quests as quickly as possible and just run. If players see a friendly, stick close to them. Hardcoding limits options on this one.

• Currently getting repeated trade routes quests to the same place (the traders way up the mountain)  Also there is a mine off in the bushes at the top of that POI that killed me and I'm wondering if that's by design because it made no sense.

This has been commented on repeatedly and is no longer in the mod as a trader location. It will be reintroduced at a later date as a regular POI.

• Strength is a really high-priority skill tree, maybe too much so.  We have two STR characters and one not, so I hope the other things like Agility:bows and Perception:explosives skills are working properly, because I think we're going to continue to have one character lean away from STR and I hope that pays off reasonably.

There is clearer documentation showing what Attribute skills are functional and what ones are not worth investing in.

9 out of 10 Perception skills are fully functional. (No need to spend in Dead Eye)

9 out of 9 Strength skills are fully functional. (With Smite Thee Down being the only replacement)

8 out of 9 Fortitude skills are fully functional. (No need to spend in Machine Gunner)

8 out of 9 Agility skills are fully functional (No need to spend in Gunslinger - And Flurry of Blows is limited to knives)

5 out of 8 Intellect are fully functional (No need to spend in Batons, Turrets, and Grease Monkey - Some limitations with removed things but Oil has been moved to to Master Chef skill 3 for unlocking. All documented)

• Getting shot from outside of one of the POIs (I think it's a castle) and losing like half health with each hit on day one is maybe a little much, though it did lead to angry laughter by all of us.

Stay away from the walls as it'll trigger them to spawn/wake up. Even if you don't breach the invisible spawn volume, these NPCs are very sensitive. This is governed by Score/XNPCCore and discussions are ongoing.

• The wandering mobs harrassment on our base on non-blood moon days/nights is probably too low.

The wandering hordes are governed by default settings. It is possible they are being wiped out by Orc/Goblins/Elvens and Friendly NPCs as they wander. I have only seen them soon after a Horde Night event.

• Like most games, the NPC hires do hilariously annoying things all the time.

Such as a hostile standing on a friendly's head and performing figure skating spins... Yes, plenty of oddities and frustrations.

• EDIT: clearly elven armor is T3 light armor, and dwarven armor is T3 heavy.  Come on bro.  ;]

The original creator set up all this armor linked back to steel. We've tinkered with the original settings to make them more balanced and can look at them again as things settle down. They are all governed by a master template which reduces individual traits.

• EDIT: the POI on a mountain with all the traders is both great and needs some changes: it shouldn't be possible to be the starting quest trader POI because that's going to frustrate newer players or weaker players; also with the newest map it has a buncha janky illusory blocks all over the place

Gone. And yes, this POI is huge and suffers from a Vanilla game issue with those phantom blocks which should disappear as the players gets nearer. This issue has pretty much gone for all buildings except the most render heavy.

Two more questions:

-are both categories of bow/crossbow (the vanilla and the mod-specific) buffed by the Agility:bows skill?

All bows/crossbows are buffed by Archery skill and the books.

-are there any other skills that do nothing or almost nothing right now?

As above, and better documented in the most recent update.

I could give my notes on the introductory "how this mod works" document on that you have up on webpages if you'd like.  I am not bad at that sort of thing.  Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it and in what order you say it. 

Go for it. Add pictures too. ^^

NMM has been updated to push version Mods.19.zip

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/mods10

This push will require a new World. The NMM01 World has also been updated to NMM01.4.zip

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/nmm01

It requires a new World because a critical POI has been removed and another has been added. Here is a breakdown of updates.

1. Quests

Darkstardragon has created numerous chain quests which allow players to battle through 5 stages for each Quest type.

For example.

Zombie Slayer

Stage I II III IV and V. Each stage requires players to eliminate a certain number of Undead type entities. Upon a single stage completion, the player is rewarded. The final stage sees the best reward.

Beast Slayer

As above but each stage changes beast, such as Bat, Rat, Spider, Troll, etc...

And others that can be bought from a Trader.

However, the first Quest is Free of Charge and is found in a player's inventory as they spawn.

The Quests are experimental and we need to check on how often they are seen at the traders and if the rewards match the challenges. Feedback is always helpful.

2. POIs

The Mountain Multi Trader has been removed. It was causing some rendering issues for some players and too extreme for others. It will be added again at a later date as a rather challenging POI.

A new Beasts Nest has been added. Once a player reaches Bartering Skill 3 it can be located by reading a Scroll in the Traders secret stash and then Quested from Tier 5. Players can visit it at any time though. Be prepared as it can get rough.

3. Tweaks

The Wooden Bow has been renamed to Archery Bow and buffed up a little.

The aiming cross sights get closer together when aiming and the velocity has been increased so arrows will fly further without dropping due to gravity.

The trade off for better accuracy and truer flight is that the drop off damage will be more pronounced where players are striking from greater distances.

This addresses the lack of a higher Tier bow which is being considered.

4. Localisation

Attributes and Skills are better documented for which ones are functional and which one are 'Not Yet Invented' and not worth your Skill points.

In summary:

9 out of 10 Perception skills are fully functional. (No need to spend in Dead Eye)

9 out of 9 Strength skills are fully functional. (With Smite Thee Down being the only replacement)

8 out of 9 Fortitude skills are fully functional. (No need to spend in Machine Gunner)

8 out of 9 Agility skills are fully functional (No need to spend in Gunslinger - And Flurry of Blows is limited to knives)

5 out of 8 Intellect are fully functional (No need to spend in Batons, Turrets, and Grease Monkey - Some limitations with removed things but Oil has been moved to to Master Chef skill 3 for unlocking. All documented)

Magolis Compo Pack team is supporting the NMM with new POIs and we hope to deliver some additional Tiered POIs to keep questing interesting and not too repetitive.

Darkstardragon is working on some POIs in the background for larger Quests.

I shall work on some simpler T1 and T2 Quest buildings. However, POI creation does take time to do it properly.

This is a sample of a simple T1 Bric-a-Brac building that will join the mod soon. It utilises the new A20 blocks which already have the lines in them to give that wooden reinforcement effect.

20220528224633_1.thumb.jpg.e231fbdb27302275409865d399866bf2.jpg

I believe that is everything for this update.

I am having troubles getting this running on a g-portal server. I created a mods folder, copied the mod in there, copied the map into the worlds folder, using FileZilla. When trying to join it still says "Server is still initalizing, please try again in a minute." It´s now 15 mins after restarting the server and we still can´t connect.

Is there anything i need to do besides copying the mod and the map?

28 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I am having troubles getting this running on a g-portal server. I created a mods folder, copied the mod in there, copied the map into the worlds folder, using FileZilla. When trying to join it still says "Server is still initalizing, please try again in a minute." It´s now 15 mins after restarting the server and we still can´t connect.

from arramus:

THat's all it needs. Map in the GeneratedWorlds in Saves or Worlds in Data folder. Game can find both.

And Mods in Saves area or main directory area.

also, clients must have the mod installed

28 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Map in the Data > Worlds folder or SaveGames > GeneratedWorlds folder also works.

NMM Mod in the Data > Mods folder or SaveGames > Mods folder also works.

Update 20, apologies for the inconvenience but a typo was noticed in one of the dragonslayer quests

also, score was updated to latest version and is included

4 more slayer quests added now that functionality added by score for npc kill objectives

Elfslayer, Orcslayer, Goblinslayer, Manslayer

2 variants of mounted knights added to biome spawning available for hire 

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I had a "!" in the game name, wich you can´t use. My bad. Reading is hard. Meh.

Ya, I had the same looping 'server is initialising' issue when I used the '&' symbol...

v.20 is just uploading and will be about 10 minutes. The mounted riders are a real surprise that Darkstardragon sprung on us.

22 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Is there any chance that you could include the lockable inventory slots mod to NMM? It´s such a big QoL update. I am actually annoyed already on day 2 of not having it.

Yes, it will be included in the next build. Khaine's version unlocks it and terms of use allow it to be added with appropriate acknowledgement. The next version has been released and a post about it will follow below.

NMM has been updated to Mods.v.22. It can be download on Moddb here:

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/mods10

Alternatively, NMM can also be downloaded from Github here:

https://github.com/drkstardragon/NMM

There are a number of changes in the background and some changes that will be noticeable as follows:

- The NMM is growing quite large at almost 2GB. Uploading the whole Mods.zip folder to Moddb takes 40 - 60 minutes even for one small file change. Unfortunately, it does not provide a dynamic way to integrate small updates. As such the NMM has been added to Github.

Github allows just updated files to be pushed to the storage repository which allows updates to be added in 2-5 minutes depending on size.

For this update though, NMM will be added to Moddb as well just for this last occasion. After that, the transition to Github will be the only way to download the mod as the Moddb version will be removed. The same will apply for the NMM01 World in time.

One other benefit of this is that it is possible to clone what is kept on Github on your own PC so that you can always be kept up to date and not need to make large downloads each time as the small updates will sync to your current content. If you would like to integrate this system, please share your intention.

In addition, this will allow the latest version to be added to the 7D2D Mod Launcher application.

The Github version will show the version in the Readme and 1-NMMCore ModInfo.xml

It will simply show the date, such as: 2022May30

This will be an easy way to keep track of the version.

- The NMM mod is powered by Score and XNPCMod. Score also powers a lockpicking mod which changes the current version to a skill based version where players can open locked safes by finding the 'pick point'. As you attempt to pick a lock clear instructions are given on how to do it.

- KhaineGB's Lockable Inventory Slots has been added to the NMM. This allows players to lock their inventory so that it is easier to automatically place looted items into storage. The items placed in the locked slots will remain where they are. It is necessary to assign the locked slots each time you log into a game but this is a small trade off for the benefit.

- A few more POIs saw small updates such as replacing an inappropriate item (something with electronics or plastic) with an alternative. This will not cause the World any issues as these are all default items and they will update if your start a quest on those buildings.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

On 5/29/2022 at 7:52 AM, arramus said:
  • Getting shot from outside of one of the POIs (I think it's a castle) and losing like half health with each hit on day one is maybe a little much, though it did lead to angry laughter by all of us.

Stay away from the walls as it'll trigger them to spawn/wake up. Even if you don't breach the invisible spawn volume, these NPCs are very sensitive. This is governed by Score/XNPCCore and discussions are ongoing.

Hey I just wanted to comment on this part.  During the mid-May version of NMM (unsure of version number), both the trigger range and the attack range of those ranged NPCs was well beyond the POI we think they were coming from.  We also think that the problem is gone with the update just before this one.  Sorry I can't give more specific details than that.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:35 AM, drkstardragon said:

Update 20,

Would you point me to the exact document/webpage that has the current best intro/FAQ/description of the mod?  I'm asking so that I don't start from an out-of-date version.  From there what I would  do is suggest a new format (if applicable) here or via PM.  And then after your feedback on that I would try a rewrite/edit, and we'll see if you dig it.

Edited by BasicallyACat (see edit history)

On 5/30/2022 at 11:18 AM, arramus said:

NMM has been updated to Mods.v.22. It can be download on Moddb here:

Is this the big update such that it might make sense for us to restart?

@everyone

if you're looking for the SCore lockpicking mod, it's been said that it's already integrated into v.22

I believe that the newest map is 1.4 which is listed here alongside the newest version:

https://7daystodiemods.com/not-medieval-mod-a-fantasy-modpack/

Cheers,

BasicallyACat

Edited by BasicallyACat (see edit history)

1 hour ago, BasicallyACat said:

Hey I just wanted to comment on this part.  During the mid-May version of NMM (unsure of version number), both the trigger range and the attack range of those ranged NPCs was well beyond the POI we think they were coming from.  We also think that the problem is gone with the update just before this one.  Sorry I can't give more specific details than that.

Would you point me to the exact document/webpage that has the current best intro/FAQ/description of the mod?  I'm asking so that I don't start from an out-of-date version.  From there what I would  do is suggest a new format (if applicable) here or via PM.  And then after your feedback on that I would try a rewrite/edit, and we'll see if you dig it.

the joust arena has 2 versions, one with friendly npcs and one with goblinoids, if you get too close to the one with orcs and goblins etc you may come under fire from the towers, there are static archers up there

58 minutes ago, BasicallyACat said:

Is this the big update such that it might make sense for us to restart?

@everyone

if you're looking for the SCore lockpicking mod, I believe it's here:

https://7daystodiemods.com/skyrim-style-lockpicking-minigame/

I believe that the newest map is 1.4 which is listed here alongside the newest version:

https://7daystodiemods.com/not-medieval-mod-a-fantasy-modpack/

Cheers,

BasicallyACat

yes, v22 has lots of additions if you havent updated in a while, and we have included the xyth/sphere lockpicking mod in the files already

On 5/31/2022 at 7:18 AM, BasicallyACat said:

Is this the big update such that it might make sense for us to restart

Cheers,

BasicallyACat

The 7daystodiemods.com website visits this thread to make its updates directly from the first post. The first post has a link to the newest sample map which is compatible. That link for the map never changes either as newer versions matching the current NMM build overwrite previous versions.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, TechieZero said:

This looks badass and what a great concept to put this together. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks, was just missing the original medieval mod from a16 by gup and the gang and also fantasy mod from a17 by lichti, both of which i had the pleasure to be minimally involved in. Wasnt going to do an overhaul type pack, but a couple other modders (arramus and oak) chipped in and there we have it. Then a few others helped out, zilox and magejosh and the ball really got rolling. Hope you enjoy! We are when we get a chance to play lol.

On 5/15/2022 at 3:29 PM, drkstardragon said:

Please keep in mind this is an "alpha" release, and we are looking for bugs and balancing issues as well as things that look out of place in this setting. Any feedback will be appreciated. Also, build is for A 20.5 exp.

Oh man....the friends who play my Dedi server barely know how to create a windows sub-directory...they are never gonna go for installing an exp version of 7D2D...

On 5/30/2022 at 8:18 PM, arramus said:

- KhaineGB's Lockable Inventory Slots has been added to the NMM. This allows players to lock their inventory so that it is easier to automatically place looted items into storage. The items placed in the locked slots will remain where they are. It is necessary to assign the locked slots each time you log into a game but this is a small trade off for the benefit.

Subquake got a better way for the inventory lock for his Undead legacy. And the lock's remain locked after a relog.

Maybe you should speak to him about it.