Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Ok. Starting over with the new mixer. I still get vast areas of empty and no small towns that I can find anywhere.. Is there a way to increase the spawns of smaller towns (not the hub)?

In the wilderness rules I have changed the setting for spawn min_max and still seem to get no additional wilderness poi spawning.

Love the work btw Mag, I just have a vision for my server and can't seem to get the mixer to output anywhere near what I'm looking for. I would love several small towns scattered about the map with wilderness poi between so it wasn't days of walking for players between places. Right now.. it kinda feels like we're playing in the wilderness of Nebraska (no offense if anyone lives there) with nothing around for miles sometimes. I guess I would love more of an East Coast or West Coast feel to the game.. with things a lot closer together and more of them...

U can modify this line(s) to a higher value (0=never - 1=always) :

<hub_rule name="townSmall" prob="0.2" />

I want the same like U !!!

In earlier versions of CP my towns were fullfilled and there were much of them - even different types (commonbig,commonsmall,oldwest,wasty)

I really love the towns.

And if I find a way to fill them well again - I will release a new Pack within minutes !!!

The Pack could look like much better as it does now.

But the new rwgmixer and the engine behind all drives me crazy.

Almost everything is other than before. I have to gather infos and make many tests.

And even then Iam not sure if it stays or will be changed again in the next hotfix or update.

For now its the best what i can deliver.

btw:

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault" spawn_min_max="100,120"> - LOL

(is this a freakshow here ??? ;) - lololol)

Mag

So why did the prefabs have to be pulled, mainly the church_graveyard large tool store old west graveyard hospital army bases and mansions? Whats wrong with those and what happens if they are put into the game? P.S. Good work mag on another update. I tried the mega city thing and it was way to big and even making them smaller killed my fps and I kept seeing the same buildings over and over again like 2 shamways side by side and one across the street with no tool store in the whole city, also counted over 10 shamways 10 popin pills things like that. I take it you fixed the beds in the tall apartments? I was seeing them sticking through walls and some sticking out the side of the building lol.

EDIT: Here is something new when I open my prefabs folder it says explored not responding and closes everything. I know its not your stuff but still strange, I cant open it to do anything in it. Any ideas?

if you go into rwgmixer.xml and find things like..

<prefab rule="entertainment" min_count="1" [color="#FF0000"]max_count="3"[/color] prob="0.9" />	

really just need to focus on max_count ... you can do a mass replace and make them all max_count="1" - basicly making it only spawn 1 time maximum in that area - new areas would have more, well just another one of course. and just to be safe also replace all min_count="1" just encase any of them are higher.

Im having an issue with the Hub cities. I have tried 4 different seeds and they all have very sparse HUB cities with mostly empty lots of the same POI spawned 5 or 6 times.

I haven't fully tested my theory but I think there is a bug with maxcount in that when a prefab that is at the max count trys to roll, it ends up as an empty lot and doesn't reroll a diff prefab. For megacity I removed all maxcounts and it completely filled every lot. Not an ideal solution but multiples of buildings is better than empty lots IMO.

if you go into rwgmixer.xml and find things like..

<prefab rule="entertainment" min_count="1" [color="#FF0000"]max_count="3"[/color] prob="0.9" />	

really just need to focus on max_count ... you can do a mass replace and make them all max_count="1" - basicly making it only spawn 1 time maximum in that area - new areas would have more, well just another one of course. and just to be safe also replace all min_count="1" just encase any of them are higher.

Thanks DieTillDay7, on my 7th Seed and with a bit of adjusting with your hint, I have a smaller hub but at least it's got all different stuff in it and no empties. I called it Zombie Boogers, LOL

hey guys

I made also 10 different seeds:

- had no redmessages !

- the landscape-shematic is always kinda the same

- Everything is like I said before. So u excatly know what u can expect

- On the 10th seed I did big mapflight and take some map-shots. here there are:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12812[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12814[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12815[/ATTACH]

On a typical CP15-map u will have:

- a start-spawn in burnt_forest or wasteland (even in Vanilla!)

- NO big towns

- NO rurals

- small towns filled with much to less prefabs

- most often Cities (about 50% CommonCity / 30% WastyCity / 20% CoronadoCity ) - The Cities are fullfilled and OK !

- less wilderness-POI's as in Vanilla

- wilderness vatiety and randomness should be better than Vanilla - but very far away from perfect !!!

- the 14 Custom-Hubs spreaded over the world (each only just 1 time in its speffic choosen cell !)

new Issues I found:

- Sometimes a few (2-5 from 64 ) Cityblock-slots are stay empty. But from 7 Commoncities just 1 have this Issue !!!

All other 6 Cities i found are 100% filled !!! The Cities are the only thing Iam still proud of.

- the woodshingle-roof-corners are still not converted in the prefabs. Here AnselmAdamsRiver-signs show insteed. Will fix that

- Very few times the engine dont let the prefabs spawn in Custom-Hubs. Then only the Hub-roads show.

Next spawn all is here and fine again !?!?! - U have to be lucky with that - lol

Mag

You should still be proud of how you got all the prefabs working with no errors. The world generation is broken that's pretty obvious and that's not your fault. I don't think Pimps wants us to Mod, they have shown definite signs of NOT wanting it at all.

The map is generating huge plots of wastelands and burning woods and there are now NO lakes except in the burning woods. This is NOT your fault Mag, its their's, hopefully one day they put in a Workshop and work with us instead of against us.

Awesome work as usual mag, gonna have a play around now. One question tho, after taking a quick look through the change log I see

" removed unallowed entities and added some screamer-zombies in "xcostum_Coronado_farmedField(by_Slaan)a13_v1"

I was just wandering what entities you removed, I do remember filling some of the old coronado stuff with Z spawners and I had no idea some entities were 'not allowed' and would greatly appreciate it if you could maybe fill me in. I have a funny feeling some of the errors I had with a couple of the zombie spawning city blocks could be related to me using naughty things in the editor =s

You should still be proud of how you got all the prefabs working with no errors. The world generation is broken that's pretty obvious and that's not your fault. I don't think Pimps wants us to Mod, they have shown definite signs of NOT wanting it at all.

The map is generating huge plots of wastelands and burning woods and there are now NO lakes except in the burning woods. This is NOT your fault Mag, its their's, hopefully one day they put in a Workshop and work with us instead of against us.

Its funny you mention not seeing lakes anywhere but burning woods, most of the crazy water I have seen is in the wasteland areas. Here is our live map, you can see to the east and south we have areas of water so large we'd have to swim out to open it up on the map. I guess it's just pot luck really.

Whether or not the pimps want us to mod, the custom hub code on its own can turn the game upside down and thats before we start messing with the rest of the XML's, if they want to even recognize their vanilla work they had best tell us to stop now =p

Its funny you mention not seeing lakes anywhere but burning woods, most of the crazy water I have seen is in the wasteland areas. Here is our live map, you can see to the east and south we have areas of water so large we'd have to swim out to open it up on the map. I guess it's just pot luck really.

Wow, that area around the central hub looks VERY symmetrical. What seed name did you use?

Thanks.

Thx Tahoenvy for ur words - but pls dont be such hard with them.

They work very hard for the game. But there are other priorities right now then the rwg-spawning (or Nava) or supporting modders.

The time will come (soon) and things will change.

A13.6 was the first signal that now the world-spawning is on the todolist.

@Slaan:

yeah - its some "old" zombies that are nomore supported by the game.

To make a clear line i have removed all zombies from all prefabs (to get rid of the HIDDEN ENTITIES in some prefabs - they can cause errors).

I will check out the zombie-spawning-and appearing-sitiuation soon - when all other spawning-Issueas are solved.

(IMO the dynamic-spawner has changed too and produces now less Zombies as before !!!)

This is y the world seems to have to less zombies in it !!!

btw:

I have got a very good headsup from redMunich in the casefile wildernessrandomness !!!

It can be that he has solved the wilderness-variety-problem !!!

I have to do some more tests - but iam really serious about that. My first seed looks soooooooooo awesome. Iam paralized !!!

If its true in other seeds - OFC I release today a new CP-version !!!

edit: the seedname from the screenshots was:

0blobbo0691vgfss

stay highly tuned

redMag

I'll be honest mag, the CP 15 mixer is looking really nice, biggest issue I had with it was finding a seed that did not have the center hub/custom cells set too high or low (to prevent stuff not spawning). I've seen burnt forests with a decent mix of houses at the road and burned buildings/dead stuff surrounding the POI's. Not perfect but still a gigantic improvement in general.

@lewzephyr the seed for that map was: bollocks1 (not my choice haha)

hey guys

I found a nasty Issue in the CP15 !!!

Sometimes the whole game can crash !!!

I figured out it has something to do with the entities in the prefabs. Because when I disable Enemy-spawning at start all is fine !!!

It seems there is at least one unallowed (or hidden and unallowed)

entity in at least one prefab thats causes the game to instantly quit !!!

Iam about to search the Issue right now.

Mag

Whether or not the pimps want us to mod, the custom hub code on its own can turn the game upside down and thats before we start messing with the rest of the XML's, if they want to even recognize their vanilla work they had best tell us to stop now =p

So I created a new seed called bollocks1 with the prefab pack and with Mag's RWG, but it turned out completely different than the one on your live map Slaan. Interesting. Why would his RWG change the biomes in that seed, I thought that was all hard coded?

I figured out it has something to do with the entities in the prefabs. Because when I disable Enemy-spawning at start all is fine

It seems there is at least one unallowed (or hidden and unallowed)

entity in at least one prefab thats causes the game to instantly quit

Would be awesome if there was some way to batch convert .tts files to something like .xml so we can search for specific strings. Might be a bit much to allow editing and then reconvert back to .tts but the ability to search for problems in a vast amount of files all at once would be PURE awesome !!!

For example, we could then find and isolate all prefabs that have yellowflowers and then to replace with the new flower !!!

Thanks for your diligent work on this.

LHammonds

Would be awesome if there was some way to batch convert .tts files to something like .xml so we can search for specific strings. Might be a bit much to allow editing and then reconvert back to .tts but the ability to search for problems in a vast amount of files all at once would be PURE awesome !!!

For example, we could then find and isolate all prefabs that have yellowflowers and then to replace with the new flower !!!

Thanks for your diligent work on this.

LHammonds

you can do that already in hals editor with the block replace function and selecting the all prefabs option.

- - - Updated - - -

So I created a new seed called bollocks1 with the prefab pack and with Mag's RWG, but it turned out completely different than the one on your live map Slaan. Interesting. Why would his RWG change the biomes in that seed, I thought that was all hard coded?

Slaan wont be using the default compo pack rwgmixer. At the very least it has been edited to add the big central city from what I can see.

you can do that already in hals editor with the block replace function and selecting the all prefabs option.

That is pretty handy. Can it do the searches for things in all files like unwanted entities that Magoli is trying to find?

Thanks for the info,

LHammonds

- - - Updated - - -

Slaan wont be using the default compo pack rwgmixer. At the very least it has been edited to add the big central city from what I can see.

yea he told me he didn't use the pack RWG but I thought Biomes were hardcoded, so if I used his seed name I should have his biome layout at the very least?

Does anyone know what this prefab is called? or who made it, I must talk to him/her! I have never seen a more amazing prefab in my life. It's broken I believe but seriously artistic. all of the people on my server are BLOWN away!! inside.thumb.jpg.09abf2897295cf62cc38162110714ea8.jpg

Prefab.thumb.jpg.8b0580bcc3e9779bd46518584c345234.jpg

Archived