Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Just a suggestion here, the Safehouse prefab has in my opinion too many lights in it's interior. Having that many lights placed together has an impact on performance. I'd say cut the lights by half or 2/3rds.

Yes - u are right

thx for the headsup - its noticed now - will fix it in the next release.

Yes but the areas you have explored wont update the compo 167 will only appear in unexplored regions/chunks/areas/zones etc

Would deleting the worlds various region files (excluding your base region file of course.) regen those areas with the new prefabs?

Thanks.

Yup, that should work.

Thanks for the reply... I was wondering about deleting the region files.

Does this re-run the random gen? i.e. if there was a small city in an area, but had areas of empty blocks does it rerun the mixer and possibly fill in the block? or does it just replace previously generated buildings with the same POI?

thanks again.

Does this re-run the random gen?
Yes, if the region files are not there, they will re-generate based on the seed and the rwgmixer.xml. If there were changes in the xml from one version to the next, the way it re-gens the map might be different and cause seams on the edges of your old region files. If the map does not line up 100% perfectly, another issue you can run into is personal map files where players have explored before is now actually different than what is really there. To fix this, you at least need to delete each players .map files on the server and "maybe" each player has to delete .map files on their PC (have not confirmed this yet...just repeating what I've read on the forums)

Another potential gotcha is the way spawning works. If the map is not 100% re-created the same way it was before, you might find that the city you were housed in no longer spawns zombies because the new world would not have placed a city there for example.

For my server, I plan to completely trash all region and map files but keep peoples profiles/stats/inventory to ease the transition.

LHammonds

we gave up trying to use the 13.6 pack it gets to Starting and hangs, we can hear birds chirping but cant connect.

Birds??? I dont have birds in the CP !!! :chuncky:

Many people roll the CP16 on their servers. Everything works fine. Got no single bad report since release.

Perhaps u give me a idea of the actual problem.

(which alpha using? which CompoPack using? What hangs and where? Does it work for u locally on ur PC in SP-game ?

Do u have the Issue even in Vanilla ?)

Overall: tried to make a completly fresh install ???

(first deinstall game - then delete all stayed files from 7d-folder - and reinstall new - start game first time WITHOUT any mod !!!)

all drivers uptodate (bios,windows,gfx-card,steam,soundcard,modem/networkcard)

System is protected by Antivirtool and scanned ??)

Mag

we gave up trying to use the 13.6 pack it gets to Starting and hangs, we can hear birds chirping but cant connect.

I've tried compopack on singleplayer and dedicated server and it works fine. As Magoli said, you might need to clear out other mods. You can do that by doing a "validate cache" under properties and it will reset files back to original.

However, it does work with other mods. I do a clean install, then Unofficial XML fixes, then compopack, then other various small mods that I have to merge into the xml files.

LHammonds

Birds??? I dont have birds in the CP !!! :chuncky:

Many people roll the CP16 on their servers. Everything works fine. Got no single bad report since release.

Perhaps u give me a idea of the actual problem.

(which alpha using? which CompoPack using? What hangs and where? Does it work for u locally on ur PC in SP-game ?

Do u have the Issue even in Vanilla ?)

Overall: tried to make a completly fresh install ???

(first deinstall game - then delete all stayed files from 7d-folder - and reinstall new - start game first time WITHOUT any mod !!!)

all drivers uptodate (bios,windows,gfx-card,steam,soundcard,modem/networkcard)

System is protected by Antivirtool and scanned ??)

Mag

Birds are just ambient sounds; they hear ambient sounds at the loading screen and can't get in.

I'd want to see their output_log.txt; I'd wager they have a modified file outside of the COMPOpack.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 --

Forgive me for being completely off topic, but since all my fav modders hang out here, and I love this pack, I have a some what personal question to ask. Is there any way to change a current single player game to (LAN) multiplayer? I have a really good seed and base going in SP, want to include my wife in it. Also unfortunate- started this in vanilla to help find bugs, now going to add Compo, but don't care about the sudden terrain craziness.

You guys are doing the Lords work here, and I thank you for it! :)

Birds are just ambient sounds; they hear ambient sounds at the loading screen and can't get in.

I'd want to see their output_log.txt; I'd wager they have a modified file outside of the COMPOpack.

O

Vote h0tr0d 2016 --

It's been my experience that the pack keeps you at the starting screen a little longer before it says click to begin, and if you are impatient like me, you might click the window a few too many times hoping to get in, which loads the game but keeps the background menu on.

Few questions

1. Does this work on navesgane?

2. My friend started a game and i always join his game (only 2 of us play). If he installs mod this on his pc, do I also have to install mod?

3. Will we lose a progress if we install this mod (we are on day 50)

Few questions

1. Does this work on navesgane?

2. My friend started a game and i always join his game (only 2 of us play). If he installs mod this on his pc, do I also have to install mod?

3. Will we lose a progress if we install this mod (we are on day 50)

Navezgane doesn't have RGW so no; it doesn't reference a rwgmixer.xml.

Navezgane has a predetermined and specified location for everything so you could take the prefabs and specify a location unused by other prefabs/whatever in Navezgane and they would generate.

Ofc I'd recommend checking it out and tweaking it.

Let's have someone else chime in and repeat what I said.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- redemption song

Navezgane doesn't have RGW so no; it doesn't reference a rwgmixer.xml.

Navezgane has a predetermined and specified location for everything so you could take the prefabs and specify a location unused by other prefabs/whatever in Navezgane and they would generate.

Ofc I'd recommend checking it out and tweaking it.

Let's have someone else chime in and repeat what I said.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- redemption song

^^thats right !!

U also have to take care of the yoffset when u switch the excisting NAVA-prefabs with others !!!

I wonder whats up with NAVEZHATTEN - project.

Urziel said he hadn't much time left since his new job.

Many ppl ask for a new cool Nava-map.

Perhaps I will take care of that.

Mag

Vote h0tr0d 2016 --

It's been my experience that the pack keeps you at the starting screen a little longer before it says click to begin, and if you are impatient like me, you might click the window a few too many times hoping to get in, which loads the game but keeps the background menu on.

I too am getting the same error as are everyone on our server. The only thing loaded is the prefab pack. Shutting down the server and starting it again fixes the issue but only for a matter of time until it locks new players from joining or others who disconnect and reconnect trying to join.

This has nothing to do with loading times or waiting for things to load nor is it a different file or mod loaded because we run vanilla with just this prefab pack. From what I have read on the forums and gathered from google it looks like this has a lot to do with a bad prefab having invalid blocks that can cause the server to hang up.

Any help would be appreciated because as of right the only option for us is to start over vanilla and not run the prefabs but we really don't want to do that....The prefab pack is something everyone loves and enjoys...Any one have any other ideas?

First of all I would just like to say, thank you so much to everyone who makes these amazing prefabs and thanks to the modders and guys that put them all together, these mod packs make the game more amazing!

I'm just looking for some help on this, I have downloaded this pack and put it into my game, my problem is no matter where on the map I go it's all desert or burnt biome, I see no Forest, Plains or Snow? I have tried numerous seeds and fired on developer mode, just to fast travel vast areas on the map, still desert with loads of shrubs... Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm sorry if this has been answered previously, 90 pages was a lot to read through.

I also had this problem when I tried the walking dead prison seperate, so it only appears to be when I am installing prefabs...

Thanks!

Is this compatible with A13.6 and if so, where can I get the latest file(s)?

Yes, 1st post. It is the only URL and is in all caps "HERE"

it looks like this has a lot to do with a bad prefab having invalid blocks that can cause the server to hang up.

Is there nothing in the log files when this happens?

I too am getting the same error as are everyone on our server. The only thing loaded is the prefab pack. Shutting down the server and starting it again fixes the issue but only for a matter of time until it locks new players from joining or others who disconnect and reconnect trying to join.

This has nothing to do with loading times or waiting for things to load nor is it a different file or mod loaded because we run vanilla with just this prefab pack. From what I have read on the forums and gathered from google it looks like this has a lot to do with a bad prefab having invalid blocks that can cause the server to hang up.

Any help would be appreciated because as of right the only option for us is to start over vanilla and not run the prefabs but we really don't want to do that....The prefab pack is something everyone loves and enjoys...Any one have any other ideas?

Give me your output_log.txt and I shall deliver you from evil.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we live in a land of milk and honey

thx h0t u take care of this

to the biomequestion:

In this currently version A13.6 we the modders are not able to set which biome is where !!!

It is totally random !!!

Try this:

1. Use a bigger seedname with letters and digits !!!

2. Quit-and Lunch game after every try !!!

Mag

Archived