Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Probability is relative, there is more in the hub_layout guide thread where Kin starts talking about it here.

as far as positions it depends on the cell size and offset. There is a whole spiel on it in the hub_layout guide forum.

The world is divided into regions which are perfect squares.

Regions are like 512x512 or something.

they are designated at their lower left corners.

so 512 east (if its 512 , I cant remember) would be region 1,0. 512 up from 0,0 is region 0,1.

and so it goes.

The region size does not change no matter what.

Cell sizes can determine well, how far the cells extend.

so..positions vary.

position 0,0 will be coords 0,0.

position 0,1 will be due north, position 0,-1 will be due south.

the center for each cell will be 1200 by default, but only if the cell_offset is 0. if the cell_offset is 0.8, than the "center" can be offset up to 80pct of the cell size.

The cell "center" is where the hub generates.

It's been a while, most of this is accurate though.

Iirc the position is the cell "center". so 0,1 position will be north...again, take into account the offset and cell size.

if you make the offset 0, and the cell size a multiple of the region size then it is easier.

Kinj spelled it out here

and in reply to this post:

position x,y -> coordinates (y+0.5) * cellsize NORTH (- means south) , (x+0.5) * cellsize EAST (- means west) +/- 1/2 cellsize each direction

not exactly, look up voronoi cells. that's how they are layed out. except using a grid with an offset center point. so "technically" it would be due east, west, etc. but it won't be exact.

Now, trying setting the offset up at the very top for 0.8 to 0 and you'll have a full on grid with no offsetting. Should make it easier to find them.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we agree with our position on most things

Edited by h0tr0d (see edit history)

Probability has everything to do with if it generates.

Position is telling it precisely where.

The probability of 0 ensures it generates at that specified position. A probability of 0 does not mean it "won't generate.

If you want it unique for now, set prob="0" on it, then give it a pos="1,2" the pos being the relative neighboring cell, eg, that way on the map.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- our policies have a zero percent probability of working.

2015-12-26T22:42:11 30.016 ERR Unable to load 'xcostum_collapsed_bldg_01(by_BuLLeTZ)', skipping.

Very first error I get, which prevents all prefabs from loading. Investigating.

wonder if its because the xml says <property name="AllowedBiomes" value="wasteland_hub" /> and there is no wasteland_hub

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- and awayyyyyy we go

Edited by h0tr0d (see edit history)

Ok, this is the first error I get:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at Prefab.QS () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Prefab.HJ (System.String , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
Prefab:HJ(String, String)
Prefab:Load(String, String)
Prefab:Load(String)
DynamicPrefabDecorator:GetPrefab(String)
RWGFromXml:O(RWGRules, XmlElement)
RWGFromXml:LoadRules(RWGRules)
RWG.RWGRules:.ctor()
RandomWorldGenerator:.ctor(Int32, DynamicPrefabDecorator, IBiomeProvider, TGMAbstract, Boolean)
BiomeGeneratorFromBiomeCellData:.ctor(Int32, DynamicPrefabDecorator)
ChunkProviderGenerateWorldRandom:Init(World)
ChunkCluster:Init(EnumChunkProviderId)

never had that before.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- you've never seen something like us before

hey h0tr0d

I tried 10 times to get this (or any) error - but nope - Everytime all is fine !!!

I saw xcostum_collapsed_bldg_01(by_BuLLeTZ) a few times too in rwg!

I also checked xcostum_collapsed_bldg_01(by_BuLLeTZ) in the editor and in NAVA-spawn - i dont see nothing strange there.

I cant reproduce that error - IDK what i should do - perhaps it was a unique error and dont appear anymore !!

Do u use other mods too ???

Mag

I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I think I may know (bonk self)... because I changed the glass block...I will check later because sleep first!

This is what happens when you are staring at .xmls for 16 hours and it is 2 am. heh

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We all wonder what you do wrong haha lol :-P jokes

The custom hubs are a wierd one magoli, im yet to check compo pack 13 but will do very soon.

With my own project I found the prefabs spawned south one block and built out to the south and east from that spot., in stead of the south west corner block being the one defined by the coords in the mixer. The road layouts tend to be fine.

The old custom hub code seems very compatible with 13.6 you just need to figure out how your prefab lots need adjusted. I'm guessing now we have two new examples of rural hubs utilizing custom hub code, there may be a way to fix/alter your prefab lots.

I personally don't play this version 13.6 anymore - It really makes no fun these days !!!!

from a chat 10mins ago:

"Pure Vanilla-maps ??? - No thank you - too boring !!!!"

"Why u dont play ur own pack ?"

"It makes me disappointed to see that its potential is not supported by the game. Just about to 40% - I could scream and cry !!! This was not I voted for !!!"

"things have to change to good first !!!"

"what things ?"

"read my OP !"

^^and iam serious about that !!!

(the point below zero has reached IMO)

(I not try to say the devs what they have to do !!! They got their strict plan they follow !!! This is absolutly natural and OK !!!)

(more and more i believe the world how I(we) want it to be - is not the world the devs like it to be !!!)

perhaps i gather all my questions and post them in a open thread - directly asking to the devs !!!

Or I gather them - write them down - burn the paper and eat the ashes !!!

I dont know yet!

Mag

We all wonder what you do wrong haha lol :-P jokes

ha! I'm always the first to wonder; I was 4 hours troubleshooting and I decided to post this. When they said they had no errors then the lightbulb goes off; so the good thing is that I now know what that NullRef error means:)

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- lightning has struck me brain!

ha! I'm always the first to wonder; I was 4 hours troubleshooting and I decided to post this. When they said they had no errors then the lightbulb goes off; so the good thing is that I now know what that NullRef error means:)

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- lightning has struck me brain!

Thats good glad ya got it sorted :-)

so discoverd a couple of things about this prefab pack i wana mention. :p forgive me if its been mentioned, but some of the prefabs tend to overlap... discoverd a china themed village but some of the prefabs had merged half way. also, it would appear navazgane is a host to many insane asylums. they are dotted everywhere in my word. just random gen luck or is it made to spawn more common then others?

So the issue was that somehow it was using the last COMPO pack...

Despite me downloading it 4 times and overwriting.

Last night was weird for me; I read this on Quora and it just got weird.

I was working in my .xmls and blocks would be reverted to what I had in 11.6...only 3 though.

Then, upon correcting the issue, on the next boot, 3 different ones would change. Then the original 3 I changed.

It was like gremlins were in the machine...bleh.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we eat after midnight

Ok; I started up a game, no errors.

Replaced the rwgmixer from COMPOpack, and put the prefabs in our prefabs folder.

Now...people say they got no errors and I wonder if it is because they are used to seeing a console pop up with errors which forces you to end task.

With prefabs, you have to check the console because the console won't pop up with errors that prevent you from launching the game. It simply won't load the prefabs so your game will appear empty as far as buildings are.

is what happens to me.

Everyone is telling me it is me; please, tell me what I am doing wrong.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- no "cons" in this console

I was playing around with this mod and came across a building I can't identify. It's not shown on any screenshot in the d/l that I can find. I don't have a pic of it, but I'm pretty sure it should be easy enough to identify as it's rather unique. Red barn surrounded by corn fields that are completely fenced in. Land mines all around in the corn and a deep hole going all the way down to some underground tunnels. Is this a hub area or just a prefab? Any help on what this is would be appreciated.

I was playing around with this mod and came across a building I can't identify. It's not shown on any screenshot in the d/l that I can find. I don't have a pic of it, but I'm pretty sure it should be easy enough to identify as it's rather unique. Red barn surrounded by corn fields that are completely fenced in. Land mines all around in the corn and a deep hole going all the way down to some underground tunnels. Is this a hub area or just a prefab? Any help on what this is would be appreciated.

I'd check the barns in the prefab editor!

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we don't raise barns, we raise hell!

That barn with the cornfield and the mines is one of the two underground missile silo's I've seen. I think it's just a prefab.

- - - Updated - - -

so discoverd a couple of things about this prefab pack i wana mention. :p forgive me if its been mentioned, but some of the prefabs tend to overlap... discoverd a china themed village but some of the prefabs had merged half way. also, it would appear navazgane is a host to many insane asylums. they are dotted everywhere in my word. just random gen luck or is it made to spawn more common then others?

The hubs don't work right yet with 13.6, so it's really messed up the Asian village.

My 13.5 RGW map had a lot of the asylums too. Made a base from one of em.

Know which prefab the piece of is in my crosshairs?

The rubble is a large bornes and nobles which collapsed upon game start. It seems it somehow occupied the same space as another prefab and all you see is a side piece with a railing

which%20prefab.png

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- railing against authority

this is a prefab from the Coronado-set. All the Coronado-Prefabs are not repaired yet (Also all 15 prefabs from the Citymix-set)

This means: they still have got misrotated blocks !

And yes - the Coronado-prefabs arent screenshoted yet !!! (also the 15 Citymix-prefabs)

@francogp:

thx for the pic - this is "xcostum_Car_Dealership_old(by_P1ut0nium)a13_v1"

these misrotated blocks r another type block !! And its also another Issue.

I mentioned this Issue of the wrong block-rotation-table on tubehalfmetal1 (and2) before.

This bug was suddenly here since a12 !!! (when the prefab was rotated - these blocks rotated to vertical, rather than horizontal !!!)

I just checked it right now in A13.6 again. And it seems TFP got the Issue fixed.

(The Issue was: the block didnt show the right rotation-texture on the given rotation!)

Now that iam able to: I will fix that OFC for the next version.

@all:

if u are modifying xml's (esp blocks.xml - rwgmixer.xml ) i can't give garanty the CP will work how its should !!!

I don't know which single change on what xml have which impact to the game.

These days I even havent a clue what impact my own pack has to the game.

So - sry i cant give answeres to modified files and other mods !!!

Iam usually bizzy enough to get the basic-version working and balanced !!!

And if everything is fine then - i also sometimes only just want to play :) (but not 13.6 !!!)

Mag

• Roland locked this topic