Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Started work on the Overlook Hotel today with the maze. A little annoying we don't have hedges I could stack. Using that ugly green carpet at the moment cause it's close.

Camo netting?

I was toying with building the Adams Family Mansion or the Bates Motel and House, but thought I'd throw the idea out, in case some one much more talented than me was thinking of doing either.

Magoli I know the workload is probably way to much but any thoughts on a realistic version of this? One where stuff like Stonehenge (which is awesome) or gun stores shaped like a gun are removed and the buildings added are more on the realistic and balanced side? Some of the buildings are great but so OP.

I thought I remembered an exe installer for the poi pack a while ago where you could select a more balanced poi option and it would disable and not install a lot of poi's that were flagged as being not lore friendly.

Just edit the rwgmixer file and remove the entry's you don't want.

Yeah I know it can be done, however with over 500 poi's and having to go thru each time and remove the entires you don't want makes it difficult. Also with the sheer number of POI's it can be difficult to tell which are OP aka multiple apache chests, munition boxes, etc, which give you an easy prebuilt base ready to go with steel walls, etc.

I was just asking because on an older version there was an exe that did it for you, and had them tagged so you could say pick lore friendly and it would load the appropriate ones for you. Just thought if there was any way to flag them or to have a comment in the rwgmixer file so you could use find and replace to comment them out in bulk it would be a really cool feature to have and make this incredible pack even more user friendly.

So if it was like this

<!-- Remove --> <prefab name="xcostum_Citymix_03(wareh-pistol-moes-bunker2)a13_v1" min_count="1" max_count="1" /> <!-- Me-->

With 2 find and replaces you could disable every POI flagged as being not lore friendly, and as new POI's are added if they follow same naming convention its a 30 second job to redo it.

Yeah I know it can be done, however with over 500 poi's and having to go thru each time and remove the entires you don't want makes it difficult. Also with the sheer number of POI's it can be difficult to tell which are OP aka multiple apache chests, munition boxes, etc, which give you an easy prebuilt base ready to go with steel walls, etc.

I was just asking because on an older version there was an exe that did it for you, and had them tagged so you could say pick lore friendly and it would load the appropriate ones for you. Just thought if there was any way to flag them or to have a comment in the rwgmixer file so you could use find and replace to comment them out in bulk it would be a really cool feature to have and make this incredible pack even more user friendly.

So if it was like this

<!-- Remove --> <prefab name="xcostum_Citymix_03(wareh-pistol-moes-bunker2)a13_v1" min_count="1" max_count="1" /> <!-- Me-->

With 2 find and replaces you could disable every POI flagged as being not lore friendly, and as new POI's are added if they follow same naming convention its a 30 second job to redo it.

Read the Original post. If you dont want something in there remove it yourself. Others like it etc so be silly for mags to release diff versions as everyone would want diff things and way to much work when mags already works hard.

I'm facing the same issue, but thankfully he's included screenshots of the prefabs, so I'm making a list to do a quick search for, and I'll delete them manually.

I don't recall the program you're talking about, but I haven't been using the pack but for about 6 months. However, it sounds very similar to a potential pet project of mine.

I've been tempted on writing a program that lists all of the prefabs in the folder and puts them in a combo box, then would let you choose which to load and unload based on the chosen XML file (just does a search and replace like you talked about), so it should work for anyone's rwgmixer) but 1) I'm far too lazy, and 2) I really feel like the files contents/syntax are going to change too much before the game goes gold, and 3) someone has either probably done it, or is in the process of doing it.

hey Brain9824

U remembered my Prefabs-COMPONIST-TOOL - cool - and what a coincidence !!! Yesterday I opened it again by myown to see what parts broken now, and what have to be fixed. I was very surprised: Its not that much work.

I think I will work on that Tool today and maybe release tommorrow.

HERE is a little SNEAK-PREVIEW-VERSION

(this is the old Alpha10-version - so its not working well - esp the rwg-part has to be rewritten !!! - But U can get a clue what functions are there and how its look like)

stay tuned

Mag

Camo netting?

I was toying with building the Adams Family Mansion or the Bates Motel and House, but thought I'd throw the idea out, in case some one much more talented than me was thinking of doing either.

You can see through it, and I'm not sure the SI will hold up what I need it to. (Or be durable enough.)

The carpet actually is looking amazingly well though.

2016-01-19_00001.thumb.jpg.4bb6fdee0305792394cff564033056fd.jpg

It's still in the way early stages. I thought this might be pretty simple, but measuring everything out has become quite the task. I've got about 60% of the maze design done now. Then I need to decorate, build up the walls, and do lighting and trim.

I'll likely release it once I have all the details finished, but it's going to be attached to the hotel once I get that done.

@Nimblefoot: Yeah - the middle-temple has no basement - its no bug ! It is supposed to be so right now.

@vosszaa:

terrainfiller is a setable block like each other.

terrainfiller is an earthtype-block (=for terrain)

terrainfiller has a special-function: It can become to any other earttyp-block (dirt,asphalt,sand,stone,...) !

(there is a set of rules and points that have to be true - that this function works well)

How to remove terrainfiller:

Use the ReplaceblockID-function to convert all TF-blocks to a block u wish.

U can do this function to the loaded prefab - or to all !!!

Mag

Read the Original post. If you dont want something in there remove it yourself. Others like it etc so be silly for mags to release diff versions as everyone would want diff things and way to much work when mags already works hard.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I guess Magoli posted that he does have the previous tool available and can release it which is great. My question wasn't a complaint, just a potential area of improvement that if done properly can be maintained and implement future POI"s quite well. Nowhere did I ever say remove the ability to load all POI's but giving a way to only load lore friendly buildings is great and I think will make a lot of users very happy.

hey Brain9824

U remembered my Prefabs-COMPONIST-TOOL - cool - and what a coincidence !!! Yesterday I opened it again by myown to see what parts broken now, and what have to be fixed. I was very surprised: Its not that much work.

I think I will work on that Tool today and maybe release tommorrow.

HERE is a little SNEAK-PREVIEW-VERSION

(this is the old Alpha10-version - so its not working well - esp the rwg-part has to be rewritten !!! - But U can get a clue what functions are there and how its look like)

stay tuned

Mag

Thats incredible. Yeah I couldn't remember if it was your tool or who made it but thats the one. It was an incredible timesaver and so useful. That tool would make so many server owners happy, and really provide the end user much needed functionality with so many great POI's in the game.

Looks like everyone talking about how terrain filler causing floating buildings and such but I have no idea how to fix it.

Can someone explain how to fix the terrain filler?

Magoli is right, you will need to locate the specific prefabs which aren't loading correctly and edit them. Your issue may not even be with the terrain filler.

+ fps-rate can decrease when the engine has to much to calculate (shadows,reflections,glass,lightsources)

ESPECIALLY ON MULTIPLAYER-GAMES !!!

In your experience.. at what point does this become a problem for most servers? Have you run more than the number of prefabs in this pack on a dedicated server?

@Nimblefoot: Yeah - the middle-temple has no basement - its no bug ! It is supposed to be so right now.

@vosszaa:

terrainfiller is a setable block like each other.

terrainfiller is an earthtype-block (=for terrain)

terrainfiller has a special-function: It can become to any other earttyp-block (dirt,asphalt,sand,stone,...) !

(there is a set of rules and points that have to be true - that this function works well)

How to remove terrainfiller:

Use the ReplaceblockID-function to convert all TF-blocks to a block u wish.

U can do this function to the loaded prefab - or to all !!!

Mag

And what program do I need?

And what files contain such parameter(terrainfiller)?

Ok, done for today. Need sleep.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13082[/ATTACH]

yes - very cool

I will test it soon.

right now iam about to repair and recode the COMPONIST-TOOL

Reading in and scanning the new rwgmixer makes a little bit more work then i thought ;/

I make good progress. But still some work to do left.

I hope I can release a working version tommorrow

Mag

I'm facing the same issue, but thankfully he's included screenshots of the prefabs, so I'm making a list to do a quick search for, and I'll delete them manually.

I don't recall the program you're talking about, but I haven't been using the pack but for about 6 months. However, it sounds very similar to a potential pet project of mine.

I've been tempted on writing a program that lists all of the prefabs in the folder and puts them in a combo box, then would let you choose which to load and unload based on the chosen XML file (just does a search and replace like you talked about), so it should work for anyone's rwgmixer) but 1) I'm far too lazy, and 2) I really feel like the files contents/syntax are going to change too much before the game goes gold, and 3) someone has either probably done it, or is in the process of doing it.

does a list of these prefabs which don't generate correctly exist? This would be bliss.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- list this bliss exist...nice

Hey I don't know if it is intentional or not but nothing is spawning in any of the locked supply crates, food, ammo, explosives, building, or weapons. I found the camping store and found nothing in any of the supply crates, I did however find stuff in the Shamway and Working Stiff crates.

Hey I don't know if it is intentional or not but nothing is spawning in any of the locked supply crates, food, ammo, explosives, building, or weapons. I found the camping store and found nothing in any of the supply crates, I did however find stuff in the Shamway and Working Stiff crates.

This is supposed to be so. These are just deco-blocks that can be used to store stuff.

But they will not generate Loot.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived