A20.3 b3 Twitch API Hotfix

Hated

Hello survivors!

We have a small hotfix incoming for you.

It is currently available on EXP already and shall go live tomorrow.

This hotfix addresses a change in the Twitch authentication so our users can still use Twitch integration after the end of February.

A20.4 with fixes can be expected on EXP later this week or early next week.

UPDATE:

A20.3 b3 went live!

Edited by Hated (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Litos1234 said:

Is it normal to get low fps on blood moon? 
is there possible to fix that? Or a suggestion?

Bloodmoons always cause lags, especially if you play with your friends together (in the same place). Bloodmoons have specific spawn setting, try to lower it to 8 or even 4 if you play with more of your friends.

1 minute ago, jubylives said:

Anyone knownof an issue with game saves?  As in my game saves like normal but my character is reset to 0.  Just like starting a new game but my base is still there. 

Even stats are zeroed or only your items? If the first is the case, you probably created or switched a character profile? If the second, that is possibly a server setting that forces you to drop your items when you quit from the game.

14 minutes ago, kexes said:

Even stats are zeroed or only your items? If the first is the case, you probably created or switched a character profile? If the second, that is possibly a server setting that forces you to drop your items when you quit from the game.

My character stats reset to zero. The map and all I've built is all there but all xp, learned recipes, and point are 0.  Happened to me 5 times now.  I never change profile.  

30 minutes ago, jubylives said:

My character stats reset to zero. The map and all I've built is all there but all xp, learned recipes, and point are 0.  Happened to me 5 times now.  I never change profile.  

Your player save data is corrupted, but the world save data is not corrupted. This can happen if the game doesn't shut down properly (software crash, power loss, etc). It can also happen if you switch up your mods and remove an item from the game that is on your character. Or it can just randomly happen if anything goes wrong in the process of updating your save file when shutting the game down.

2 hours ago, ThePhantomXone said:

Will there be a fix about the red text on top of the screen that won't disappear an stops you from being able to play

If the red text in console won't stop it usually means the game has hit an error it can't move past. As these can vary in reason it's best to approach each issue on an individual basis. It isn't necessarily just about stopping the errors from popping up.

On 2/22/2022 at 11:35 PM, ThePhantomXone said:

We're would he start if he want to fix it the text changes every 000000000.1 seconds an everything's shows is different from the last 

He would start by describing his problem and posting the games logfile in the "General Support" section of this forum. In that section there is also a thread

that would tell him exactly how to find and post that logfile.

EDIT: Actually the QA team would prefer issues posted in the bug report forum rather than the support forum. Thanks!

--Roland

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Is there a sticky post with all the patch notes / change logs only?

If not, would it be possible to create one?

There is no changelog. It was a hotfix for twitch integration feature. 

From the download update on Steam...

Hello Survivors!

This small hotfix addresses a change to the Twitch authentication, allowing users the continue using it after February is over.

This build was supposed to go out Wednesday, but Twitch did a test run, which forces us to put it out early.

There is no reason any of you should have to start over with this update.

There was deadline imposed by Twitch for renewal of authentication by developers for their games that use it. That's all it was. All fixes and changes they've been working on since 20.2 were pushed to A20.4 which should go to experimental soon and then you will be able to read the changelog when Hated posts it for A20.4 experimental.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, Roland said:

There was deadline imposed by Twitch for renewal of authentication by developers for their games that use it. That's all it was. All fixes and changes they've been working on since 20.2 were pushed to A20.4 which should go to experimental soon and then you will be able to read the changelog when Hated posts it for A20.4 experimental.

Soon™