Power Tools Noise

Biscoitoso

31 minutes ago, BarryTGash said:

I'd like the option but it would give an advantage over screamers/wandering hordes as you could hear them more readily.

Even with the noise we can hear screamers and horders, I aways can hear they comming. The matter is: the power tools noise are terrible.

16 minutes ago, palikkamaa said:

I think its a design choice, trade efficiency for not being able to hear and massive heat generation

The option wont touch in heat generation mechanics, it will only mute the sound of the tool for yourself. Others players and entities will still detect you. The purpose of this option is to mute the horrible noise of the power tools and care about your health in real life. Not only images and colors can be harmful to players, noises can damage your ear speacilly the irritating sounds os the power tools.

Edited by Biscoitoso (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

Even with the noise we can hear screamers and horders, I aways can hear they comming. The matter is: the power tools noise are terrible.

The option wont touch in heat generation mechanics, it will only mute the sound of the tool for yourself. Others players and entities will still detect you. The purpose of this option is to mute the horrible noise of the power tools and care about your health in real life. Not only images and colors can be harmful to players, noises can damage your ear speacilly the irritating sounds os the power tools.

I just lower the volume from my headset, not a big deal

Yeah those power tools are so loud.  Makes me really hesitant to start using them, plus they don't feel like they are that much better in my opinion.  I've tried to go into the files and lower the volume of them but it never seemed to do anything.  I would go with double the heat generation if they reduced the volume by half lol.

18 hours ago, palikkamaa said:

I think its a design choice, trade efficiency for not being able to hear and massive heat generation

Makes sense. They could do a modified version of it that accomplishes both without blasting our eardrums. Keep the volume levels relative to each other and simply dampen everything except game music when using the tools. No advantage, same effect. Easily explained by in game by earplugs that are commonly used in real life when using such tools anyways.

I've been wanting this for so long. There's nothing more annoying than just talking to a friend and having them shut up for 20 minutes just so I can mine. Now we're both sitting there in complete silence while I'm just bored out of my mind holding left click listening to "TRR RR TRR RR TRRRRRRRR RRR", but yet i still need to know if enemies are nearby without taking damage.

i agree that the power tool noise should be turned down. it's true that it's "realistic" to have the noise be extremely loud, but this is just a game at the end of the day and one that doesn't exactly go down the realistic route with anything else. a lot of people, including me, turn down the in game volume to deal with it, the devs might as well acknowledge this and turn down the power tool noise.

Additionally to change/reduce the sound of power tools it would be great to have a "locked" button.

Empyrion - Galactic Survial for example has a function to keep the tool going without holding a button.

Left click and hold to start mining, press shift or any other key to activate the tool and keep it running without getting cramps by holding the mouse.

I think there are plenty of janky sounds in the game that need a little tune up.

power tools can be very obnoxious, also that terrible noise whenever you hit land claimed blocks or traders, that really needs to be changed to something that doesnt make my ears bleed.

If its working as intended to mask other noises perhaps they could just lower the volume of other noises while using a tool and lower the tool sound. I dont think that is actually the case but if it is then thats a possible solution to that problem.

3 hours ago, Skuriles said:

Additionally to change/reduce the sound of power tools it would be great to have a "locked" button.

Empyrion - Galactic Survial for example has a function to keep the tool going without holding a button.

Left click and hold to start mining, press shift or any other key to activate the tool and keep it running without getting cramps by holding the mouse.

Hyeah! I agree, I usually use a macro program for it.

Also, about my suggestion, when we use a power tool, it is muted for us and the other game sounds, except the music are lowered. That effect will work as we are using earplugs in the game, just like guys in real life do when using tools like it. None of us want be deaf at the end of the day...