Pipe baton vs club

ungkor

Yeah i thought it was pretty good when trying it but i never used clubs so didnt have any reference, after comparing stats i realized that it was actually just a reskinned wooden club :/

It functions nice enough but it doesnt currently belong in the game as is and needs to fit into its own niche.

I actually like the pipe baton, but it has everything to do with the animation aspect of it.

If you power attack with it, the end of the swing hangs for about half a second.  You can fire the pipe baton early in a power attack while rushing forward and the hang time allows me line up VERY precise head shots,

On 1/12/2022 at 2:43 PM, Urban Blackbear said:

The Pipe Baton is new this Alpha. It didn't exist before this. It's balanced aroudn the other pipe weapons which are all crafted with those ingredients too. It's in line with other starter weapons as well, see leather handwraps.

It's still terrible investment though. It's actually worse than a club because of it's slower attack speed. With a club and tyrannosaurus I can easily take out warrior difficulty zombies. The pipe baton is garbage.

4 hours ago, Kasad said:

It's still terrible investment though. It's actually worse than a club because of it's slower attack speed. With a club and tyrannosaurus I can easily take out warrior difficulty zombies. The pipe baton is garbage.

You understand that before the Pipe Baton Electrocutioner had no low level weapon at all? You were stuck putting points into the skill and not being able to leverage them until you found a Stun Baton.

On 1/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, Urban Blackbear said:

You understand that before the Pipe Baton Electrocutioner had no low level weapon at all? You were stuck putting points into the skill and not being able to leverage them until you found a Stun Baton.

Look, from my point of view the entire perk tree system is messy. The baton is indeed good for the intelligence tree, but it lacks the stamina regeneration and reduction of tyrannosaurus. Maybe if it also gave T's benefits and have some attack speed increase it might make sense. Personally I think it makes no sense to make stun batons from an intelligence tree.

But perhaps we should look at a more broad question which is: should each tree has its own melee and range weapons with their own stamina reduction?

19 hours ago, Kasad said:

Look, from my point of view the entire perk tree system is messy. The baton is indeed good for the intelligence tree, but it lacks the stamina regeneration and reduction of tyrannosaurus. Maybe if it also gave T's benefits and have some attack speed increase it might make sense. Personally I think it makes no sense to make stun batons from an intelligence tree.

But perhaps we should look at a more broad question which is: should each tree has its own melee and range weapons with their own stamina reduction?

We're all entitled to our own points of view.  Mine is I don't care one way or the other. I stick to facts and how things are currently.

On 1/16/2022 at 2:22 PM, Kasad said:

Sexy Rex doesn't give reduction to 1 handed weapons at all.  That is what Flurry of Blows is for, and its mentioned in the perk line under AGI.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Sexy Rex doesn't give reduction to 1 handed weapons at all. 

Your first edit was better; the description for SRex only states "melee and tool" and I can't see anything obvious limiting its application in the xml.. ?