A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

Very nice writeup! 

Additionaly, the NPCCore by default has this line added:  <set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='ConfigFeatureBlock']/property[@class='AdvancedNPCFeatures']/property[@name='AllEntitiesUseFactionTargeting']/@value">true</set>    which forces faction based targeting on for all entities, including animals.  

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

22 hours ago, xyth said:

Very nice writeup! 

Additionaly, the NPCCore by default has this line added:  <set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='ConfigFeatureBlock']/property[@class='AdvancedNPCFeatures']/property[@name='AllEntitiesUseFactionTargeting']/@value">true</set>    which forces faction based targeting on for all entities, including animals.  

I forgot that was still in NPC Core. I thought we changed that when it moved to using tags. I guess that means the animal factions are actually live, I didn't think they were.

I just updated my post with this information. Thanks!

Hey, I made this modlet to add the powered by logo to the main menu and escape menu with a link to this thread post. If it's not okay let me know and i'll delete.

Hope it's helpful to everyone. 

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12UmxvTQFXvCXkVscrlr4fU7r3NxmTgKF/view?usp=sharing

It has two options, which must be changed in the windows.xml files of both Xui and Xui_menu folders. Instructions are in the comments in the files. The two options are which of the two powered by logos, either transparent or black background.

Transparent background: 251570_20220517193735_1.thumb.png.9d590631d2732b4346cd6573f21a663b.png

Black Background which hides the link:251570_20220517194125_1.thumb.png.05cf6d9620f24bcdbd2e3bf86a82d0cd.png

And here it is in the escape menu with the black background:251570_20220517200730_1.thumb.png.245581f11331638c1c8280e46831107d.png

Here is a new POI added to the NPCMod Prefabs pack.

https://github.com/arramus/A20-NPCMod-Prefabs

Joust Arena (NPCMod_Bandits_Joust_Arena_01)

A Tier 4 Fetch/Clear POI for the Bandits. Ranged Bandits are locked in a turret state in the towers and melee type will be active at ground level.

A default zombie type was first submitted for the CP 49 pack as an addition to the Medievil Village Tile Set. This is the NPCMod Prefabs version, and there will also be a version for the 'Not Medieval Mod' by Darkstardragon using its own custom blocks and other properties.

20220518235737_1.thumb.jpg.29ec0e1374729cb31adc651161615d27.jpg

20220518235808_1.thumb.jpg.716b5955a703a30b2a0044fa71ae8d76.jpg

This POI can spawn Downtown in a 60 x 60 block or in the Wilderness.

20220519000045_1.thumb.jpg.792bb152927d00696f47353352a66240.jpg

16 hours ago, magejosh said:

Hey, I made this modlet to add the powered by logo to the main menu and escape menu with a link to this thread post. If it's not okay let me know and i'll delete.

Hope it's helpful to everyone. 

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12UmxvTQFXvCXkVscrlr4fU7r3NxmTgKF/view?usp=sharing

It has two options, which must be changed in the windows.xml files of both Xui and Xui_menu folders. Instructions are in the comments in the files. The two options are which of the two powered by logos, either transparent or black background.

Transparent background: 251570_20220517193735_1.thumb.png.9d590631d2732b4346cd6573f21a663b.png

Black Background which hides the link:251570_20220517194125_1.thumb.png.05cf6d9620f24bcdbd2e3bf86a82d0cd.png

And here it is in the escape menu with the black background:251570_20220517200730_1.thumb.png.245581f11331638c1c8280e46831107d.png

I noticed in the xml file it says for 20.5 , will it work for 20.4 ?

31 minutes ago, Lasher said:

Is it easy enough to make the default Harley freindly and hireable?

I'm assuming it's just a matter of changing her faction settings - or am I on the wrong path there?

Thanks.

And changing the bandit tag to survivor I think it is.

54 minutes ago, Lasher said:

Thanks - It's a fantastic mod though.

First person to get "Aliens" - ooops sorry Fox I mean "Xenomorphs" into this game gets maximum kudos...

Ive done that and more, terminators, resident evil characters, walking dead characters and warhammer stuff, but the possibilities for litigation are endless so not going to happen unfortunately. But if you were to learn how to do this yourself you could have whatever you want in the game for personal use. 🙂

1 hour ago, drkstardragon said:

Ive done that and more, terminators, resident evil characters, walking dead characters and warhammer stuff, but the possibilities for litigation are endless so not going to happen unfortunately. But if you were to learn how to do this yourself you could have whatever you want in the game for personal use. 🙂

I don't suppose you'd be happy to share the "Xenomorphs of unknown origin" that you used with me?

And worry not - I know exactly how litiginous Fox are... 😉

In fairness, none of those IP owners can sue you for making mods which make game models of some of their entities so long as you are not charging money for them or otherwise harming their ability to profit off of them. This use, even when shared with others is covered under fair use. 

Otherwise Piper would already have been sued by LucasFilms for his xwing modlet. 

Edited by magejosh
Updated Information (see edit history)

11 hours ago, xyth said:

The Wasteland mod is fallout themed and has NPC aliens.

I use to love to play with that mod back in A19 but when bdubyah added in the backpack (which is smaller than i prefer) I quit using that mod.

I didn't know he had added more npcs to the mod since then.

I asked him about removing the backpack mod from his mod and it involved changing too many files that I didn't feel like messing with at the time.

Edited by swmeek (see edit history)

Hello,

I'm looking for some information. How to use the zombie and other packs without the NPCs?

I wonder what pack is containing the amimals from the previous? (One image with the content of each pack coud be helpfull on the first page)

3 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

Hello,

I'm looking for some information. How to use the zombie and other packs without the NPCs?

I wonder what pack is containing the amimals from the previous? (One image with the content of each pack coud be helpfull on the first page)

you can add whichever pack you like, there are a number of zombie packs, as well as beast/animal type packs, the few npcs that are added from the base mod can be edited out in the entitygroups included in npc core, also some packs were posted on nexus by piper and not here