A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

Thanks for your reply drkstar - I can figure out how to disable the spawn but I still can't find any entry in the configs for ammo type.

Would you have an example of the entry type for setting rockets to frag and where I might find it?

Thanks and apologies if I'm just being thick...

2 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

yes, you can edit their custom ammo in the npc mod files and/or remove them from spawning groups

not sure why they would have been considered allies from coop to mp dedi, havent been any file changes as far as i know recently that would have changed that, was working as intended in sp and mp

I tried in every way to run on the dedicated server, but there was no solution for the "enemy npcs" to receive damage.

They only received damage from the electric truncheon.

I spent a few hours reading the xml and came across the one from the NPC.

I'm no expert, but I saw that in undeads there was one more command line than in bandits.

I decided to add this command line to the group of bandits and see if in the dedicated group they received damage, due to not having a neutral "faction", for example.

We performed several tests on the dedicated server and spent hours playing, everything went well.

9 hours ago, Raelgar said:

I tried in every way to run on the dedicated server, but there was no solution for the "enemy npcs" to receive damage.

They only received damage from the electric truncheon.

I spent a few hours reading the xml and came across the one from the NPC.

I'm no expert, but I saw that in undeads there was one more command line than in bandits.

I decided to add this command line to the group of bandits and see if in the dedicated group they received damage, due to not having a neutral "faction", for example.

We performed several tests on the dedicated server and spent hours playing, everything went well.

I am highly skeptical of this solution. The "trader" faction has nothing to do with a player's faction. Additionally, by default, human NPCs can't hurt other NPCs (or players) when there is a "Neutral" relationship between them - so adding a neutral relationship shouldn't allow damage to occur.

suspect what happened is that you added the NPC Core modlet to an existing game. You can't do that. It's not advisable for mods and modlets in general, but it's especially game-breaking if the modlet adds factions to the game, which NPC Core does.

Internally, 7D2D keeps factions in an array, and an entity's "faction ID" is simply the index in the array. Each player has their own faction, so their faction ID is stored in the game's save file. When you add factions, the player's ID (and thus index) doesn't change - but now it's suddenly pointing to one of the new factions.

My advice? Revert your changes and start a new game. Otherwise you'll probably find a bunch of other odd bugs later down the line.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Lasher said:

Thanks for your reply drkstar - I can figure out how to disable the spawn but I still can't find any entry in the configs for ammo type.

Would you have an example of the entry type for setting rockets to frag and where I might find it?

Thanks and apologies if I'm just being thick...

I think DD might be thinking of the "ItemsOnEnterGame" properties (there are three) in the "npcRocketLTemplate" entity class.

However, I don't think that will work. NPCs use custom weapon items, and the "gunNPCRocketLauncher" item has a "Magazine_items" property value of "ammoNPCRocketHE" (a custom ammo type). I don't think other rocket ammo will work in that weapon. I'm also not sure what side effects would happen if you added vanilla rocket launcher ammo to that "Magazine_items" property. (There probably are some, or Xyth wouldn't have made the custom ammo in the first place.)

An easier solution is just to change the "ammoNPCRocketHE" item itself. If you look in its "Action1" property, it has two properties for damage, "Explosion.BlockDamage" and "Explosion.EntityDamage". Adjust those how you like - in this case, you probably want to reduce the block damage property from its current value of 2500.

FYI, I think the NPC Core team members generally considered rocket launcher NPCs to be "base busters," similar to demolition zombies. That's why the block damage is so high. Or at least that was my impression.

8 hours ago, khzmusik said:

I think DD might be thinking of the "ItemsOnEnterGame" properties (there are three) in the "npcRocketLTemplate" entity class.

However, I don't think that will work. NPCs use custom weapon items, and the "gunNPCRocketLauncher" item has a "Magazine_items" property value of "ammoNPCRocketHE" (a custom ammo type). I don't think other rocket ammo will work in that weapon. I'm also not sure what side effects would happen if you added vanilla rocket launcher ammo to that "Magazine_items" property. (There probably are some, or Xyth wouldn't have made the custom ammo in the first place.)

An easier solution is just to change the "ammoNPCRocketHE" item itself. If you look in its "Action1" property, it has two properties for damage, "Explosion.BlockDamage" and "Explosion.EntityDamage". Adjust those how you like - in this case, you probably want to reduce the block damage property from its current value of 2500.

FYI, I think the NPC Core team members generally considered rocket launcher NPCs to be "base busters," similar to demolition zombies. That's why the block damage is so high. Or at least that was my impression.

Ah - excellent - that's just the kind of solution I was looking for.

I don't mind that the enemy NPC rocket users are "base busters" - it was actually the freindly/neutral ones that were causing all the damage!

Thank you khzmusik - massively helpful.

6 hours ago, swmeek said:

I don't know who's work this is but DAMN this is really good.

The npc was actually saying stuff I hadn't heard before so Great Job whoever.image.thumb.jpeg.db5b66c6c9b0537a9dc8573e191db937.jpeg

Its comments like this that ensure future alphas will include npcs lol. Yes, she has 40-50 random voiced lines.

17 hours ago, khzmusik said:

I am highly skeptical of this solution. The "trader" faction has nothing to do with a player's faction. Additionally, by default, human NPCs can't hurt other NPCs (or players) when there is a "Neutral" relationship between them - so adding a neutral relationship shouldn't allow damage to occur.

suspect what happened is that you added the NPC Core modlet to an existing game. You can't do that. It's not advisable for mods and modlets in general, but it's especially game-breaking if the modlet adds factions to the game, which NPC Core does.

Internally, 7D2D keeps factions in an array, and an entity's "faction ID" is simply the index in the array. Each player has their own faction, so their faction ID is stored in the game's save file. When you add factions, the player's ID (and thus index) doesn't change - but now it's suddenly pointing to one of the new factions.

My advice? Revert your changes and start a new game. Otherwise you'll probably find a bunch of other odd bugs later down the line.

Well, as I said, I don't know much about it.

When I read the npc file, I noticed that only the "bandits" group was single-lined, the others were complete.

The only thing I did was put the same line that the "undeads" had more than the "bandits".

I did the server tests on new games, the same problem occurred before I added this new command line to the "bandits" group in the NPC file.

Enemy npcs did not take any damage.

After I added this line, it worked normally, both for new games and for existing games.

Other than that, I didn't find any abnormality after having done the process.

Maybe it's because the group doesn't have a related faction and we can't attack them.

After I put in the command line, it seems that this changed and I was able to attack normally like any other creature in the game.

I don't say this is a solution, but at least for my problem, I managed to "solve".

Below is the image of the only files I used.

spacer.png

Edited by Raelgar (see edit history)

15 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

Its comments like this that ensure future alphas will include npcs lol. Yes, she has 40-50 random voiced lines.

Too bad she only speak engl. and not elf.

Or at last i never hear anything at elf while i got her at NMM.

On 7/28/2022 at 3:04 PM, Raelgar said:

Well, as I said, I don't know much about it.

When I read the npc file, I noticed that only the "bandits" group was single-lined, the others were complete.

The only thing I did was put the same line that the "undeads" had more than the "bandits".

I did the server tests on new games, the same problem occurred before I added this new command line to the "bandits" group in the NPC file.

Enemy npcs did not take any damage.

After I added this line, it worked normally, both for new games and for existing games.

Other than that, I didn't find any abnormality after having done the process.

Maybe it's because the group doesn't have a related faction and we can't attack them.

After I put in the command line, it seems that this changed and I was able to attack normally like any other creature in the game.

I don't say this is a solution, but at least for my problem, I managed to "solve".

Below is the image of the only files I used.

spacer.png

I bring more information about the problem I mentioned earlier.

Again I tested on server and client, both with a new save.

Result? Raiderz expansion pack(bandits/enemies) does not allow other players to damage them, only me (server owner).

I checked a little more and decided to test by putting the faction that shows name="*" value="neutral" for hate in serverconfig.xml. The fact is that it works, now other players can damage enemy npcs.

The problem? It's just that the trader and everyone else will be your enemy too, not getting access to traders.

Score and XNPCcore work normally, even npc harley takes damage normally due to her being your enemy.

So I believe it could be something with the Raiderz expansion pack. I'm still looking for a concrete solution to the problem.

When I get more information I'll bring it here for you, maybe someone needs it too.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:39 AM, drkstardragon said:

yes, you can edit their custom ammo in the npc mod files and/or remove them from spawning groups

not sure why they would have been considered allies from coop to mp dedi, havent been any file changes as far as i know recently that would have changed that, was working as intended in sp and mp

Hi!

So I was completely wrong.

The fact is that I can't make the Raiderz pack take damage, on the dedicated, now it's having problems on the spot also with friends.

I tested RaiderGurlz and it worked perfectly.

Looks like something with the Raiderz expansion pack

Tests are being done both with new save games and in local games and dedicated server

The closest I got was this info, all the rest of the NPC Mod is working perfectly.

Only Raiderz that appears not to take damage from other players, only from the local or dedicated game creator.

Pushed a patch for A20.6 compatibility.   If you are going to run on A20.6, in addition to 0-XNPCCore, please load the modlet 0-XNPCCore-A20.6(b08).  That modlet is a small xml compatibility patch written by Arramus that will fix the bug introduced with the xml changed in A20.6 

Hello guys!

NPC MOD need any specific configuration in serverconfig.xml of dedicated server to work properly?

I rebuilt my dedicated server yesterday, so that my friends and I could play, but unfortunately the problem continues to occur, I will try to report it in a shorter and more specific way.

Again I downloaded the files yesterday, follow the list:
1. 0-Score and 0-XNPCCore.

2. 1- RaiderGurlzPack and RaiderzPack.

What could I notice?
The order of the id's of the entities of RaiderzPack is different from RaiderGurlzPack or XNPCCore itself, what I just did was adjust them to a default order equal to the others.

It worked for me and one other friend, but the third player remains unharmed to enemy NPCs.

I'm out of ideas on where to try to adjust this on the server/local or on the Mod itself, because now I rule out the possibility that it's a specific problem with RaiderzPack.

Game Version: 20.5(b2)
Platform: PC
EAC: Off

Thanks for everyone's attention!

18 hours ago, Raelgar said:

Hello guys!

NPC MOD need any specific configuration in serverconfig.xml of dedicated server to work properly?

I rebuilt my dedicated server yesterday, so that my friends and I could play, but unfortunately the problem continues to occur, I will try to report it in a shorter and more specific way.

Again I downloaded the files yesterday, follow the list:
1. 0-Score and 0-XNPCCore.

2. 1- RaiderGurlzPack and RaiderzPack.

What could I notice?
The order of the id's of the entities of RaiderzPack is different from RaiderGurlzPack or XNPCCore itself, what I just did was adjust them to a default order equal to the others.

It worked for me and one other friend, but the third player remains unharmed to enemy NPCs.

I'm out of ideas on where to try to adjust this on the server/local or on the Mod itself, because now I rule out the possibility that it's a specific problem with RaiderzPack.

Game Version: 20.5(b2)
Platform: PC
EAC: Off

Thanks for everyone's attention!

Just be aware that you modify the XML files at your own risk. Once you do that, it's nearly impossible to help you, because we don't know how your edits might have affected things.

(Example: the entity_class tags in entityclasses.xml don't have an attribute called "id", so we can have no idea what you reordered, or why you believed order was important in the first place.)

My advice? First make sure you covered all the basics:

• You verified the 7D2D game files through Steam.
  • You installed the latest, unmodified versions of all modlets from these forums. (If you get them from 7daystodiemods or similar, they're often out of date.)
  • After putting the modlets into the server's Mods directory, you restarted the server. (Or at least restarted the game's executable.)
  • After restarting the server, you started a completely new game, you didn't continue an existing game.
  • Prior to joining the server, all clients (your game and your friends' games) had the same modlets, and the same version of those modlets, installed locally to their Mods folders.

If that all is true, and you find that the problem still persists, don't try to change anything. Instead use Pastebin to give us the logs from the dedicated server, and, if possible, the logs from the player that experienced the issue.

You can find info on the output log directories, using Pastebin, and other useful tips in this post from TFP bug reporting team:

On 8/2/2022 at 4:56 AM, khzmusik said:

Just be aware that you modify the XML files at your own risk. Once you do that, it's nearly impossible to help you, because we don't know how your edits might have affected things.

(Example: the entity_class tags in entityclasses.xml don't have an attribute called "id", so we can have no idea what you reordered, or why you believed order was important in the first place.)

My advice? First make sure you covered all the basics:

• You verified the 7D2D game files through Steam.
  • You installed the latest, unmodified versions of all modlets from these forums. (If you get them from 7daystodiemods or similar, they're often out of date.)
  • After putting the modlets into the server's Mods directory, you restarted the server. (Or at least restarted the game's executable.)
  • After restarting the server, you started a completely new game, you didn't continue an existing game.
  • Prior to joining the server, all clients (your game and your friends' games) had the same modlets, and the same version of those modlets, installed locally to their Mods folders.

If that all is true, and you find that the problem still persists, don't try to change anything. Instead use Pastebin to give us the logs from the dedicated server, and, if possible, the logs from the player that experienced the issue.

You can find info on the output log directories, using Pastebin, and other useful tips in this post from TFP bug reporting team:

Hello Khzmusik! I ended up expressing badly the way I spoke of the entities. It was to call tags and ended up using id.

What I actually did was just arrange the files the same way they were in RaiderGurlzPack: name="Tags" value="entity,female,npc,melee,UMA2,bandit"/>

RaiderzPack had the same ones, but in different orders. I know it wouldn't affect it directly, but the fact is that after having organized, one of the players managed to damage the npcs.

The third player, I found out where the problem was, was his game installation.

After uninstalling completely, backing up his saves, deleting the 7daystodie folder from the appdata and the same folder from the steam installation, I asked to be able to install it again.

It downloaded the same files we have and it worked normally.

I tested it with a fourth player who wasn't on the server yet and it worked normally.

Thanks for all your attention!

Edited by Raelgar (see edit history)

1 hour ago, getgcs said:

I cant sell or talk to the traders? With this mod it seems to have broken them? Alpha 20.5 b2.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Remove all mods except for The NPCCore and SCore mods then retest.  Still having problems?  Link your logfile, and we can help you sort it.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

I'm having trouble getting this one to work on my dedi server.

Works really well with single player, only thing I noticed was I can't hurt the friendlies but that's a non issue as long as I can hurt the baddies, which I can!

But when I upload the files to the server I encounter two files refusing to upload. One of them is the .pdb file which I know I don't need from previous posts but the other is the .dll file which I believe is important? I put the entire 0-Score folder into my local 7dtd files and it works fine, but I can't just move that folder to GTX gaming ( where I have my server)

Now what has confused me the most is the .pdb file is in 0-Score folder. I a was always under the impression that the folder containing a modinfo.xml is the one to use however that folder, in my case, contains that unnecessary file. 

I've used the 0-Score from both xyth and sepherii github pages. And also, I tried running the server with out those files and I just get a never ending string of red text with two messages

EXC did not find "extends" entity npcclubtemplate

ERRxml loader. loading and parsing failed.

I hope that's enough info to help me troubleshoot this. I'm really impressed with what I saw so far, especially the voice lines.

48 minutes ago, BigNasty said:

I'm having trouble getting this one to work on my dedi server.

Works really well with single player, only thing I noticed was I can't hurt the friendlies but that's a non issue as long as I can hurt the baddies, which I can!

But when I upload the files to the server I encounter two files refusing to upload. One of them is the .pdb file which I know I don't need from previous posts but the other is the .dll file which I believe is important? I put the entire 0-Score folder into my local 7dtd files and it works fine, but I can't just move that folder to GTX gaming ( where I have my server)

Now what has confused me the most is the .pdb file is in 0-Score folder. I a was always under the impression that the folder containing a modinfo.xml is the one to use however that folder, in my case, contains that unnecessary file. 

I've used the 0-Score from both xyth and sepherii github pages. And also, I tried running the server with out those files and I just get a never ending string of red text with two messages

EXC did not find "extends" entity npcclubtemplate

ERRxml loader. loading and parsing failed.

I hope that's enough info to help me troubleshoot this. I'm really impressed with what I saw so far, especially the voice lines.

Some hosts don't like mods that have dll files. You can try messaging them and see if they will install the mods for you. My advice would be to find another host that has more freedom. Without that dll SCore isn't loading properly, leading to your errors.

37 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Some hosts don't like mods that have dll files. You can try messaging them and see if they will install the mods for you. My advice would be to find another host that has more freedom. Without that dll SCore isn't loading properly, leading to your errors.

Thanks for the timely response!

52 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

13 minutes ago, BigNasty said:

Thanks for the timely response!

After opening a support ticket, I was "approved" to upload .dll files within 5 minutes... not sure why I had to do that but to anyone having that same issue, just open a ticket and see what they say.

12 hours ago, BigNasty said:

One of them is the .pdb file which I know I don't need from previous posts but the other is the .dll file which I believe is important?

I see you've worked this out, but if you're curious, here's what those files are.

The .dll file is the compiled binary file that contains all of the custom code for the modlet. It is required. (7D2D doesn't care about the source files. Those are included either for people to look at the code, or because the mod author wants to keep the source code in the repository, or both.)

If you didn't upload that file, then basically you didn't upload the mod at all (as far as the game is concerned), so it's not surprising that you got errors.

The .pdb file is a Microsoft "program database" file. It contains details about the relationship between the compiled .dll and the source code. It is mainly included for debugging purposes - for example, if an error was thrown within the .dll, then without the .pdb, you couldn't get the stack trace for the error. So it's not required, but it is worthwhile to have.

Just in case you're curious.

Hy, this is a bug report: After installing automaticly 7D2D Version 20.6 over steam, there comes a red notice if I load the game: Requested value on self ranged burst shoot was not found.

Can you please fix it? The Mod is very very good. Best regards.