A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

3 hours ago, Chunkimunki said:

Started a Nazgane world, here's the log.   log

Unfortunately it's that time for me..."come sweet Mopheus, enshroud me in thine purple cloak"

Speak tomorrow guys- cheers

I see two possible avenues to examine, but I can't tell if either one will bear fruit.

The immediate error is caused by the Faction Manager not being able to load a faction. I think you probably did this, but you absolutely must start a new game after installing any mods that add additional factions. Game saves have faction information in them, and if you add or remove factions, that information points to the wrong faction (or to null).

The other avenue is what Xyth said: it could be due to putting the modlets in AppData. I notice in the log that the game is still trying to load some files from the Mods folder in the Program Files location. (See e.g. line 84 in your latest log file.) It might be that 7D2D hasn't yet migrated everything over and is still trying to load Harmony patches from the Program Files location; or it could be something specific to SCore. Or it could be a red herring.

When you have time tomorrow, try one or both of those things, and see if the problem persists.

1 hour ago, swmeek said:

Noticed another glitch with the mechs.

Ouchies. 

My understanding is is that this a Vanilla bug where the arrow/bolt scales up from time to time and appears to be more prevalent with non Vanilla entities. 

8E561C92-8BB5-49A7-8935-F26B0C9F5834.thumb.jpeg.060d3adbae2777a8cbb0126c8fa78e06.jpeg

6 hours ago, swmeek said:

Noticed another glitch with the mechs. 

When i shot this spider mech with a crossbow it enlarged the bolt that was stuck in it.

I'm about 15 blocks up in the air.

A20.4_2022-05-02_17-47-15.thumb.jpg.851981336abe52cb1f4c075f7cca6041.jpg

What mech?

2 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Edit entitygroups and rename those entries to a valid one that you like.

You can also just remove them altogether. Xyth added the "none" entity to all the custom entity groups, which spawns at a very low probability, so there won't be any empty entity groups if you do remove them (empty entity groups cause issues).

If you want to create your own modlet, all you need is a Config/entitygroups.xml file that contains this:

<config>
    <remove xpath="//entity[starts-with(@name, 'npcBaker')]" />
    <remove xpath="//entity[starts-with(@name, 'npcNurse')]" />
    <remove xpath="//entity[starts-with(@name, 'npcHarley')]" />
</config>

10 hours ago, xyth said:

The options folder has a entitygroups file that does what you ask. 

You're right. The file that will do this is the "Config/Options/entitygroups_nocorespawn.xml" file - rename it to "entitygroups.xml" and move it into the "Config" folder (replacing the existing file). Sorry for not mentioning this.

3 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Ты прав. Для этого используется файл «Config/Options/entitygroups_nocorespawn.xml». Переименуйте его в «entitygroups.xml» и переместите в папку «Config» (заменив существующий файл). Извините, что не упомянул об этом.

Thank you!

got a dumb question about mod installation... it says only move the score file to mod folder, do the expansions not need to be in the mod folder and if not where do they get placed?  Also i am having an issue where the robots are not lootable. it has the loot option but i just cant access the robots to loot them.

Also am i correct in assuming that all mods need to be in the server and connecting client?

Edited by Beelzebub7905 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Beelzebub7905 said:

got a dumb question about mod installation... it says only move the score file to mod folder, do the expansions not need to be in the mod folder and if not where do they get placed?  Also i am having an issue where the robots are not lootable. it has the loot option but i just cant access the robots to loot them.

Also am i correct in assuming that all mods need to be in the server and connecting client?

S core and NPC core need to be in the mods folder along with any expansions that you want as well.

Unzip the compressed folders and open that folder and there should be the folder that contains all the configs and other files and put those in your mods folder.

I asked about the mechs not being lootable awhile back and I don't think that function was implemented ( I might wrong on that ).

Edited by swmeek (see edit history)

14 hours ago, swmeek said:

I'm still noticing invisible archers after installing the latest npc core and s core too.

The KnightsandPeasants pack was updated to fix the invisible characters.   Be sure to download the latest version of that pack.

2 hours ago, swmeek said:

I asked about the mechs not being lootable awhile back and I don't think that function was implemented ( I might wrong on that ).

The mech bodies are not intended to be lootable.  I will upload the fix for the E prompt shortly.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Just discovered this mod recently and I'm seriously impressed, my thanks to everyone who took the time to implement this labor of love.  I do have a question though, I'd like to know if it's possible to use this mod with the Prefab Editor, to guarantee a specific NPC will spawn at a POI?  If I can make sense of it I'm hoping to create a custom NPC that you can always find at a given POI.  Thanks much!

5 hours ago, Slurpy said:

to guarantee a specific NPC will spawn at a POI?  If I can make sense of it I'm hoping to create a custom NPC that you can always find at a given POI.  Thanks much!

This is a possibility in 3 ways that I'm currently familiar with and see used on a daily basis and 1 I have seen used to good effect.

- They can be added to a Sleeper Volume in the same way as a regular zombie by using a custom entitygroup and associated gamestages. I can confirm this works for hireable NPCs and have tested it quite comprehensively and will be using it in an upcoming mod. The 2-Spiders Expansion Colony uses this method for custom POIs. This is the easiest method and allows for respawn after a time delay should they not be locked into place. By looking at 2-Spiders Expansion Colony or a mod such as The Wasteland where I initially learned from, you will see how it is set up in the entitygroups.xml and gamestages.xml for custom NPCs/entities.

- They can be added using a spawn cube which is incorporated into the 0-Score. This has also been used in The Wasteland mod for a very specific POI 'Big Rocket'.

- They can be made into Traders. I had fun with making a Baker Trader using the core Baker from 0-XNPCCore. It has some custom quests which add to the fun.

Another way that @magejosh has used is with triggers whereby a player 'stepping on' a certain item such as at the only door way can spawn a specific NPC/entity for a timely interaction. I was fortunate to experience this in a very interesting mod which triggered spiders the size of buildings. There are potentially other ways but these are all possibilities.

In fairness, my method guarantees that what is spawning is not friendly and wants to attack you. This is because I utilize the twitch spawning mechanic. If you or anyone knows how to make them friendly using that method I'd love to see it. I have a goblin market poi in mind.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:04 AM, swmeek said:

S core and NPC core need to be in the mods folder along with any expansions that you want as well.

Unzip the compressed folders and open that folder and there should be the folder that contains all the configs and other files and put those in your mods folder.

Yeah i got it all sorted out tyvm for the response. awesome mod hope they keep it updated as the pimps keep screwin the modders over with new builds...haha