A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

46 minutes ago, Ru Melin said:

Hy, this is a bug report: After installing automaticly 7D2D Version 20.6 over steam, there comes a red notice if I load the game: Requested value on self ranged burst shoot was not found.

Can you please fix it? The Mod is very very good. Best regards.

there is already a fix for 20.6 (confirmed working here) 😉

Details in this post:

I'm running the NMM mod which is powered by Score/XNPC on the stable version A20.6(b9) and also using the NPC patch which continues to be compatible.

I could load out with no warnings.

20220817111616_1.thumb.jpg.9dc2cfe8378c11d35e4422c3b854144a.jpg

For anyone seeing errors, it is possible other mods (particularly those with connections to weapons) also need to be updated for exactly the same issue that the NPC Mod was patched for.

1 hour ago, Ru Melin said:

Hy, thanks please let me ask. What is this for a NPC Patch? Where can I find it? I play with all modern NPC Files. Best regards

This patch is stored in the NPCMod team area on this Github account, and is added just like any other mod in the Mods folder.
https://github.com/7D2D/A20Mods/blob/main/0-XNPCCore-A20.6(b8).zip

TFP made a small update in their xml code from A20.68(b8) from 'onSelfRangedBurstShot' which has become obsolete to 'onSelfRangedBurstShotStart' or 'onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd'. This patch uses 'onSelfRangedBurstShotStart' so we'll see things like gun muzzle flashes begin very quickly when a weapon is discharged.

9 hours ago, swmeek said:

Out of curiosity if a hired npc gets killed shouldn't the H and the thumb's up sign in my HUD go away ?image.thumb.jpeg.a55adc7abde96d7a387670ae793bde09.jpeg

I had a hired NPC standing outside of a POI and apparently she got killed because she wasn't there when I came back out .

Likely she ran off, or somehow despawned.  

Updated the XNPCCore to 20.6.  Removed compatibility patch.  Fixed bandits snow biome bonus, which was adding damage rather than reducing damage.  Thanks again to Arramus for the compatibility xml, and to bdubyah for finding the snow biome bug.   Way to go community partners!

SoldierPack

THE SOLDIER PACK THE MILITARY TROOPS USE ROCKET LAUNCHERS WITH HE AMMUNITION AND NOT THE NORMAL CONVENTIONAL ONE, THEREFORE AN EXPLOSION IS GENERATED AND LEAVES A HOLE IN THE FLOOR OF THE ENTIRE PARAMO COMPLETELY DESTROYING BUILDINGS AND THE ROADS WE NEED AS TRANSIT I DON'T THINK IT'S THE MORE SUBTLE WAY FOR THE TROOPS AND MERCENARIES OF THEIR PACKAGE TO BREAK OUR BASE WITH CANNONS OH WHEN WE USE THE MOTORCYCLE THE ROAD IS DESTROYED FULL OF HOLES BECAUSE SOMETIMES NPCS ARE GENERATED WITH MISSILE LAUNCHERS AND THEY FIGHT AGAINST MUTANT ZOMBIES OR NPCS LOOTERS LEAVING THE PLACE IN RUINS IN 5 MINUTES IN A FIELDS BATTLE DESTROYING ALL THE RESOURCES AND RAW MATERIALS AND CONTAINERS IN THE AREA

EL PAQUETE DE SOLDADO LAS TROPAS MILITARES USAN LANZACOHETES CON MUNICION HE.. HIG EXPLOSIVE.. Y NO LA CONVENCIONAL NORMAL POR TANTO SE GENERA UNA EXPLOSION Y DEJA UN BOQUETE EN EL SUELO DE TODO EL PARAMO DESTROZANDO POR COMPLETO EDIFICIOS Y LA CARRETERAS QUE NECESITAMOS COMO TRANSITO NO CREO QUE SEA LA FORMA MAS SUTIL DE QUE LAS TROPAS Y MERCENARIOS DE SU PAQUETE ROMPAN NUESTRA BASE A CAÑONAZOS OH CUANDO USAMOS LA MOTO LA CARRETERA ESTE DESTRUIDA LLENO DE AGUJEROS PUES AVECES SE GENERA NPCS CON LANZAMISILES Y LUCHAN CONTRA LOS ZOMBIES MUTANTES O SAQUEADORES NPCS DEJANDO EL LUGAR EN RUINAS EN 5 MINUTOS EN UNA BATALLA CAMPAL DESTRUYENDO TODO LOS RECURSOS Y MATERIAS PRIMAS Y CONTENEDORES DE LA ZONA 

Maybe someone can help me.
I find that the volume of the NPCs' weapons is way too loud and very annoying.
I turn the overall volume down so far that I have almost no more ambient noise.

Does anyone know in which config I can adjust the Sound ?

I was thinking maybe it could be here

\10-AOO_Weapons_Tools\Config\sounds.xml

There are the following entries

<SoundDataNode name="silencea">
<AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire"/>
<NetworkAudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire_Network"/>
<Noise ID="2" range="2" volume="5" time="3" heat_map_strength="0.005" heat_map_time="5"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="#@modfolder:Resources/Audio.unity3d?silencea"/>
<LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="0.75"/>
<CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/>
<NoiseScale value="0.2"/>
<MaxVoices value="10"/>
<MaxRepeatRate value="0.001"/>
</SoundDataNode>

Which value do I have to adjust, if I'm even correct here.
I would test it, but loading my saved game takes about 10 minutes each time.

I'm happy about help :)

Thanks Sixx

Edited by Sixx (see edit history)

I apologize if this has been answered previous in 23 pages of this post. I tried to do a search using the forum but it is not the greatest. Anyway I am in no way a modding expert but I have tweaked existing code for my own use as I play solo but can someone point me in a direction of a file and line I would go to for enabling the npc's, especially the enemy npc's to have a higher spawn rate? If any of you have played War3zuk's AIO Overhaul I would like to set it up something like that but maybe not as rough. LOL. Thank you in advance.

By the way I do love this mod and the packs associated with it. Brings some freshness to the game for me.

Edited by Galaktus (see edit history)

Entitygroups.xml

13 minutes ago, Galaktus said:

I apologize if this has been answered previous in 23 pages of this post. I tried to do a search using the forum but it is not the greatest. Anyway I am in no way a modding expert but I have tweaked existing code for my own use as I play solo but can someone point me in a direction of a file and line I would go to for enabling the npc's, especially the enemy npc's to have a higher spawn rate? If any of you have played War3zuk's AIO Overhaul I would like to set it up something like that but maybe not as rough. LOL. Thank you in advance.

By the way I do love this mod and the packs associated with it. Brings some freshness to the game for me.

6 hours ago, josefdarks said:

SoldierPack

THE SOLDIER PACK THE MILITARY TROOPS USE ROCKET LAUNCHERS WITH HE AMMUNITION AND NOT THE NORMAL CONVENTIONAL ONE, THEREFORE AN EXPLOSION IS GENERATED AND LEAVES A HOLE IN THE FLOOR OF THE ENTIRE PARAMO COMPLETELY DESTROYING BUILDINGS AND THE ROADS WE NEED AS TRANSIT I DON'T THINK IT'S THE MORE SUBTLE WAY FOR THE TROOPS AND MERCENARIES OF THEIR PACKAGE TO BREAK OUR BASE WITH CANNONS OH WHEN WE USE THE MOTORCYCLE THE ROAD IS DESTROYED FULL OF HOLES BECAUSE SOMETIMES NPCS ARE GENERATED WITH MISSILE LAUNCHERS AND THEY FIGHT AGAINST MUTANT ZOMBIES OR NPCS LOOTERS LEAVING THE PLACE IN RUINS IN 5 MINUTES IN A FIELDS BATTLE DESTROYING ALL THE RESOURCES AND RAW MATERIALS AND CONTAINERS IN THE AREA

EL PAQUETE DE SOLDADO LAS TROPAS MILITARES USAN LANZACOHETES CON MUNICION HE.. HIG EXPLOSIVE.. Y NO LA CONVENCIONAL NORMAL POR TANTO SE GENERA UNA EXPLOSION Y DEJA UN BOQUETE EN EL SUELO DE TODO EL PARAMO DESTROZANDO POR COMPLETO EDIFICIOS Y LA CARRETERAS QUE NECESITAMOS COMO TRANSITO NO CREO QUE SEA LA FORMA MAS SUTIL DE QUE LAS TROPAS Y MERCENARIOS DE SU PAQUETE ROMPAN NUESTRA BASE A CAÑONAZOS OH CUANDO USAMOS LA MOTO LA CARRETERA ESTE DESTRUIDA LLENO DE AGUJEROS PUES AVECES SE GENERA NPCS CON LANZAMISILES Y LUCHAN CONTRA LOS ZOMBIES MUTANTES O SAQUEADORES NPCS DEJANDO EL LUGAR EN RUINAS EN 5 MINUTOS EN UNA BATALLA CAMPAL DESTRUYENDO TODO LOS RECURSOS Y MATERIAS PRIMAS Y CONTENEDORES DE LA ZONA 

You can edit the packs so that the rocket launcher npcs do not spawn. Remove them from the entity groups xml in the appropriate pack.

6 hours ago, Sixx said:

Maybe someone can help me.
I find that the volume of the NPCs' weapons is way too loud and very annoying.
I turn the overall volume down so far that I have almost no more ambient noise.

Does anyone know in which config I can adjust the Sound ?

I was thinking maybe it could be here

\10-AOO_Weapons_Tools\Config\sounds.xml

There are the following entries

<SoundDataNode name="silencea">
<AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire"/>
<NetworkAudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire_Network"/>
<Noise ID="2" range="2" volume="5" time="3" heat_map_strength="0.005" heat_map_time="5"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="#@modfolder:Resources/Audio.unity3d?silencea"/>
<LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="0.75"/>
<CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/>
<NoiseScale value="0.2"/>
<MaxVoices value="10"/>
<MaxRepeatRate value="0.001"/>
</SoundDataNode>

Which value do I have to adjust, if I'm even correct here.
I would test it, but loading my saved game takes about 10 minutes each time.

I'm happy about help :)

Thanks Sixx

As bdub said, the sounds for the npc weapons are vanilla game weapon sounds and are not edited in any way to make them louder.

7 hours ago, josefdarks said:

SoldierPack

If you don't want to edit it yourself, I wrote a modlet to remove rocket launching NPCs from spawning. You can grab it here:

https://github.com/magejosh/a20NPCmodAdditions

It's the one called 3-No RocketL NPCmod settings. 

4 hours ago, magejosh said:

Entitygroups.xml

MageJosh,

Thank you but I have a question. Doesn't that only modify the probability of a certain NPC/Zombie being chosen to spawn but not an overall increase in the amount of zombies/NPC's? What I am wanting is an overall increase in number and then also not having to wait too long after they are killed to spawn again. Sorry if I am being dense and not understanding.

10 minutes ago, Galaktus said:

not having to wait too long after they are killed to spawn again.

Overall probability to spawn compared to other entities is governed by entitygroups.xml

Overall decrease in respawn time or amount allowed to respawn in the same area is governed by spawning.xml values.

Comparing the default spawning.xml values, which the NPC are governed by unless specifically customised in their Add-On pack, against War3zuk's AIO Overhaul values, may help to find that middle ground for the intensity you are looking for.

7 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

You can edit the packs so that the rocket launcher npcs do not spawn. Remove them from the entity groups xml in the appropriate pack.

As bdub said, the sounds for the npc weapons are vanilla game weapon sounds and are not edited in any way to make them louder.

11 hours ago, magejosh said:

There are no xml settings I'm aware of that will alter the decibels levels of an audio asset inside the unity bundle. That has to be done by the asset maker.

Given your post it's possible the sounds are Pipermacs or one of the NPCmod team's.

11 hours ago, bdubyah said:

If they are using vanilla weapons then it's just the vanilla sounds. Not sure that sound you posted has anything to do with anything unless it is referenced by a weapon the NPCs are using.

Thanks for your answer :)

That's stupid. Perhaps I never noticed the use and volume of my own weapon. But now with the NPCs

constantly shooting around, it's so exhausting. I also use these NPC buttons. But the boys shoot anyway 😁

I sometimes close my windows so as not to annoy the neighbors.

Is there a mod for something like that? Can this be changed with a mod? I've searched but found nothing.

8 hours ago, arramus said:

Overall probability to spawn compared to other entities is governed by entitygroups.xml

Overall decrease in respawn time or amount allowed to respawn in the same area is governed by spawning.xml values.

Comparing the default spawning.xml values, which the NPC are governed by unless specifically customised in their Add-On pack, against War3zuk's AIO Overhaul values, may help to find that middle ground for the intensity you are looking for.

Arramus,

Thank you for the explanation and response. I will compare and try to figure out the numbers. I read about respawndelay and how it utilized in game days. So one of the things I figured out that I didn't know previously is that the respawn is based on in game day and length. So when I decided on this play through to extend my day length I didn't realize that affected the respawn rate. So I plan to change that and tweak the xml you mentioned and try to find a happy setting. Thank you again.

10 hours ago, Sixx said:

Thanks for your answer :)

That's stupid. Perhaps I never noticed the use and volume of my own weapon. But now with the NPCs

constantly shooting around, it's so exhausting. I also use these NPC buttons. But the boys shoot anyway 😁

I sometimes close my windows so as not to annoy the neighbors.

Is there a mod for something like that? Can this be changed with a mod? I've searched but found nothing.

Don't think there is a mod anywhere. Only thing you could do fairly easily is to change all the NPC's guns firing sounds to the silenced versions if that would work for you.