[SOLVED] Why are the Zombies not climbing ladders here?

PoloPoPo

My hordebase design, a small "tower" with ladders on all sides on it. I was standing on top of the "tower" but the zombies did not climb up to me. Instead they stayed on the ground beating my blocks.

Any idea why they did not climb up the ladders? Two or three did climb up to me when I was hanging somewhere in the middle of the ladder beating down on them.

The cobblestone ladders are from the wooden frame shape menu, the wooden ladder is actually a "real" ladder. Zombies didn't use any of them and I have no idea why.

Unbenannt.png

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)

The AI with ladders is in flux, it was pretty borked at the start of the experimental, and it was just recently changed some more. Expect more changes in the near future, but at the moment (b238 included) they seem to only use ladders if there's a roof on top of the ladder. Games4kickz on youtube has a couple videos about the issue.

Basically, you need to add a block anywhere above the ladder, high enough that the zed will fit under it of course.

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

• PoloPoPo changed the title to [SOLVED] Why are the Zombies not climbing ladders here?
1 hour ago, Krougal said:

They seem to have no problem following me up the ladder of the scaffolding outside Dishong Tower.

It is random. In my SP game I built a ladder for the zombies to climb up so I could make easy headshots. It worked 1 and a half horde nights then suddenly zombies would ignore the ladder. 

10 hours ago, meganoth said:

It is random. In my SP game I built a ladder for the zombies to climb up so I could make easy headshots. It worked 1 and a half horde nights then suddenly zombies would ignore the ladder. 

That’s faatal’s new zombie AI working….they get smarter now………..

6 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

That’s faatal’s new zombie AI working….they get smarter now………..

Excellent. The new meta will be to build a new horde base every week because the zombie AI remembers the pitfalls of the current horde base indefinitely and avoids them. I'm sure players will rejoice. 😁

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Excellent. The new meta will be to build a new horde base every week because the zombie AI remembers the pitfalls of the current horde base indefinitely and avoids them. I'm sure players will rejoice. 😁

I wonder what the zombie response would be to run and gun players or players who sit on a roof and shoot down at the zombies or throw molotovs, grenades and pipe bombs? Do they then simply no longer show up ? 😉

Edited by RipClaw
typo (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

I wonder what the zombie response would be to run and gun players or players who sit on a root and shoot down at the zombies or throw molotovs, grenades and pipe bombs? Do they then simply no longer show up ? 😉

Grenades are very susceptible to not flocking together.

And regarding molotovs, one of the last zombiebag I looted had a glass of water in it! Coincidence? 😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

This would have been so much better and funnier of a bug if, instead of not climbing the ladder, the zombies instead shot off into space when reaching the top as long as there wasn't a roof over the ladder, and subsequently died from fall damage!  🤣🤣

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Aha! I knew it.. they are not zombies...

they are Borg