Where to find acid in A20?

Rusrec00

I very much do thank you for taking the effort to share that video.  I gave it a once over and I didn't know about using the wrench on the Med Chest that hang on the wall.  However, in every other aspect I have been "scouring the POI's"  and well,  not to sound shameless but after I exit a POI,  the interior looks like it was stripped down by a swarm of giant locusts.  I don't miss checking ANYTHING,  and one of My Teammates is so ..umm...'thorough' that there is usually little to no furniture left in a POI when she exits it.   I am always on the lookout for every perk book, so the WT3 Tip wasn't new,  but the message overall was very appreciated.   Thank you for sharing that vid.

Hahaha I have been hearing this complaint about acid is hard to find, and in my Co-op game we have had to scrounge a bit to find enough for both of us to have vehicles, but found what we needed in a day or so. But in my solo Intel game I had 7 acid by 10AM day 3. Gotta love/hate the RNG Gods.

Not that its something anyone is dying to know,  but I made another try.  Went back in,  did some base preps ,  cooked then waited for morning.    Left with a destination set for an area of the map I hadn't explored yet.  I thought I might find a wasteland biome and try to scoot in along the edge and try looting some junk piles and hopefully get acid.  I found more woodland and desert biome, so I drove north along the border of the 2 biomes.   Then,  I started bleeding, and the RAD warning went off in vivid lime green across My line of sight. Sooooooooo .... not going north anymore today So I spotted a cluster of buildings in the desert and I headed SW.  I went through a total of 5 POI's out there,  three seemingly military locations, thought this was excellent,  they have the tents with gurneys and medical piles,  plus a few had the blue barrels  ( I still haven't found ANY green barrels yet)  I went through everything and other than a Level 5 Pistol,  and the prize of the day,  a wheel.  The rest was pretty much the standard junk,  and no acid.    So I still can't make a chem station,   but at least I can use My scavenged Forged Steel and make a motorcycle.  Gas will be My next issue,  plenty of cars everywhere but more time consuming to have to break them down to get the gas inside.  So once again,  one step forward and another step back until I can locate 2 more acid.   Searching since the last bottle We found on Day 28,  and its now Day 40.  My minibike can be passed along to one of My teammates so they have more than just a bicycle to travel on.   Definitely not giving up,  but the need to constantly search for a single item is putting some other elements of the game on the back burner,  meaning I will be less prepped than usual for Horde Night.     If TFP places a poll anywhere on the site to ask about the scarcity of acid,  I will be sure to express My feelings , that this has been ridiculous.   Its not like I am needing to locate a Flux Capacitor,  its simple acid in a bottle.  Its a COMMON household item.  Its even MORE COMMON in the industrial sector.   I guess the part that rankles me most is that My brain keeps trying to apply logic to this situation, and logic isn't working. 

18 hours ago, Boidster said:

If you want to nudge it a bit, I have a modlet for that. I don't get anything from views or downloads; I just do these small projects for fun and so I can put "7 Days To Die XML modlets" on a future resume. I'll be getting that 7-figure CIO job offer aaaaaaany day now...

I certainly thank you,  and while I do use MODS,  Our small group agreed to only use those that can add a missing feature or effects that enhance the current gameplay.  Even in A19,  Our hosted Game World only ran with a total of 8 Mods.    Right now My A20 game world is using just 2 Mods.  Of course if I can't get a crucible,  or a chem station running to produce gasoline,  its going to make using Bdubs Vehicle Mod a lot LESS attainable,  since I need lots of steel, plus our group would need to have more gas supply  ( can't make gas without a chem station)   Normally if there is a lack of something needed to build a chem station,  you could at least find one that worked "SOMEWHERE",  but in A20 with all of the workstations having been disabled,  if a player can't create one of the workstations, then they are simply S.O.L. which is another reason I am bristling about the increased rarity of acid.

17 minutes ago, PoppaSmirk said:

I certainly thank you,  and while I do use MODS,  Our small group agreed to only use those that can add a missing feature or effects that enhance the current gameplay.  Even in A19,  Our hosted Game World only ran with a total of 8 Mods.    Right now My A20 game world is using just 2 Mods.  Of course if I can't get a crucible,  or a chem station running to produce gasoline,  its going to make using Bdubs Vehicle Mod a lot LESS attainable,  since I need lots of steel, plus our group would need to have more gas supply  ( can't make gas without a chem station)   Normally if there is a lack of something needed to build a chem station,  you could at least find one that worked "SOMEWHERE",  but in A20 with all of the workstations having been disabled,  if a player can't create one of the workstations, then they are simply S.O.L. which is another reason I am bristling about the increased rarity of acid.

Also, isn't it infuriating being able to craft things cheaper with the workstation of which you don't have!? It's a real subtle way of the game saying "eff you" to me. Though I'm normally able to buy one from a trader, but it's still gut punching.

2 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

Also, isn't it infuriating being able to craft things cheaper with the workstation of which you don't have!? It's a real subtle way of the game saying "eff you" to me. Though I'm normally able to buy one from a trader, but it's still gut punching.

I completely have that vibe too.   making gunpowder for instance.    Still using hand tools for mining,  is much slower and gets less of a yield than with the auger,  so I would love to be able to get that "efficient"  creation of gunpowder from using the chem station too.   And making antibiotics as well.   I've only found 2 antibiotics in 40 days  (but I have hunted down 6 honey (from tree stumps).   This game World is just feeling.....  held back,  by the diminished quality of loot....and the reduced "quantity"  of the location to find items.   And no Workstations active unless I build them.   So no workarounds until I do.

I'm not sure if people are not looking around in the right places or what but at around day 28 i had found enough acid to make 2 chem stations and by day 45 have over 10 in a storage chest a lot of the time i seem to see acid for sale at the traders and buy it every time i see it but then i have 7 traders i use regularly plus another 7 i have just found in the last week.

5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

At least for the looting part I'd say "Don't sweat it". Just loot and acid or the acid-book will drop eventually whether you constantly think about it or not.

*chuckles*   Sort of like telling Rapunzel,   "hey no worries,  SOME day you will get someone to climb up to the tower to rescue you"   Hmmm, how many years went by before that happened?   And seriously,  its not like I am stopping the search,  but it is a big change to My gameplay,  and there is some frustration and aggravation to it.  Ironically,  it doesn't seem "a universal constant"  as evidenced here:

4 minutes ago, Whiteshark68 said:

I'm not sure if people are not looking around in the right places or what but at around day 28 i had found enough acid to make 2 chem stations and by day 45 have over 10 in a storage chest a lot of the time i seem to see acid for sale at the traders and buy it every time i see it but then i have 7 traders i use regularly plus another 7 i have just found in the last week.

In addition I have seen the posts from Others,  where they share that their "fly in the ointment" is the sewing kits,  now those,  I have 14 of them in stock,  and thats after I used some to craft some pocket mods to reduce encumbrance..   SO I know there "might be"  *grin*  some more acid somewhere in this world,  but its doing a fine job of staying out of My hands.

Don't feel you have to raid in the tougher biomes to find what you need

i have raided just one POI in the snow biome which was the new concert venue and none in the wasteland and haven't been questing since i hit tier 4 quests at 4 of my traders which may be the reason i am seeing more acid

i also started seeing drones and drone schematics for sale as well but only at certain desert traders.

44 minutes ago, PoppaSmirk said:

*chuckles*   Sort of like telling Rapunzel,   "hey no worries,  SOME day you will get someone to climb up to the tower to rescue you"   Hmmm, how many years went by before that happened?   And seriously,  its not like I am stopping the search,  but it is a big change to My gameplay,  and there is some frustration and aggravation to it.  Ironically,  it doesn't seem "a universal constant"  as evidenced here:

I know my advice isn't directly attacking the problem. Only your state of mind. But anything you can't control is not worth thinking about. Same with Rapunzel, I don't get what worrying about her situation would help her in any way, except giving her ulcers and an early death through heart attack

In my estimation (not backed by any XML study) traders are at least as probably to give you the solution (acid or chem station to buy) on a platter than looting is. So if looting is not part of your routine one possible choice is to return to your normal way of doing things and just opt to visiting the traders every three days (maybe also finding more traders to increase the chance).

44 minutes ago, PoppaSmirk said:

In addition I have seen the posts from Others,  where they share that their "fly in the ointment" is the sewing kits,  now those,  I have 14 of them in stock,  and thats after I used some to craft some pocket mods to reduce encumbrance..   SO I know there "might be"  *grin*  some more acid somewhere in this world,  but its doing a fine job of staying out of My hands.

Well, I found an acid just yesterday without looking for it. Maybe that is the secret sauce 😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

Seriously, read the guide here :  Obtain acid guide

Should be vanilla

Oooooooooooooh !!!   I hadn't seen THIS list of Mods,  just the ones I have viewed on nexus.  I am trying to stay just vanilla  insofar as obtaining vanilla items.  I usually do add a Mod to allow the creation of "jail doors" that work,  because that is something not offered in the vanilla crafting.  I very much agree with many of those Mods line-of-thought however.     I simply try to only add Mods that the rest of My usual playgroup feel good about.  But in My current world setup,  if the acid remains so elusive for another few days , We might add a Mod to compensate.   I also try to not replay much about how much acid others have found,  since I don't know if their Loot percentage is setup higher than Mine,  which is set at the normal game default.  But one of My regular Teammates also has a 7D2D world that she plays in when not with the group, and she constantly messages Me that she is finding "acid by the barrel-load"   *grin*  but then again,  her Loot and experience percentage is set to 300%.

51 minutes ago, PoppaSmirk said:

since I don't know if their Loot percentage is setup higher than Mine,  which is set at the normal game default.  But one of My regular Teammates also has a 7D2D world that she plays in when not with the group, and she constantly messages Me that she is finding "acid by the barrel-load"   *grin*  but then again,  her Loot and experience percentage is set to 300%.

For me, vanilla, pregen10k, default settings around loot/exp gain: only 2 acids in 9 days (at moment)

6 hours ago, PoppaSmirk said:

I thought I might find a wasteland biome and try to scoot in along the edge and try looting some junk piles and hopefully get acid.

First, sympathy for your plight. Acid is pretty rare.

Second, don't worry about going into harder biomes. Acid is not on any lootstage-scaled lists*. Neither are beakers. The odds of finding Acid in a junk pile (or any of the other locations which Vedui covers in the video above) are fixed. So you'd want to prioritize being able to search as many containers of appropriate types as possible per unit of time. That probably means a big town in the pine forest.

*To be technically accurate, the probability for acid is a single value (determined by the container type you're searching) for lootstage 0 through 999999. They have not really 'curved' it at all. Yet.

I just found 3 yesterday in the POI where there are 4 houses under construction and 1 finished all together on a cul de sac. There were about 10 construction cardboard boxes between all the houses and that's where the acids came from. So if you run across this POI hit it up!

1 hour ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

For me, vanilla, pregen10k, default settings around loot/exp gain: only 2 acids in 9 days (at moment)

My Hosted World that We generally play in,  is set for normal defaults,  with a few exceptions.  Zombies are faster at night, and the Night doesn't start until 22:00 p.m.  Other than that and Bdubs magnificent vehicle Mod, and a Mod allowing loot bags to remain onscreen longer, thats the only changes I have in My game World currently.  So when I get a chance to play again later,  It will be...end of the Day 40, going into Morning of Day41, so after I work on some tree chopping and mining a bit,  I will once again try to do some looting (fingers crossed to find acid) .  But I do have a motorcyle being crafted as I closed out play last night.  Maybe today will be an ACID DAY  !!!