JaxTeller718's A20 Modlets

JaxTeller718

cooltext399767674652347.thumb.png.df4af081a67bd0b0cc5c043dd1fd0b23.png

Welcome to my modlet page. These modlets are intended for players who find vanilla a little too easy. They will increase difficulty, remove op items, and overall bring vanilla to an experience that I myself choose to play. It is important to note these mods are not designed to make 7 days better. That is subjective to what you value in your play. Rather it is designed to make gameplay longer, harder, grindier and more difficult. 

If there are any modlets you wish to see converted, or if you have an idea of a modlet you would like to see please leave a reply here and I will create it for you. 

Note: These modlets can not work with Ravenhearst. Ravenhearst will have by default these modlets already included, though balanced for the world of RH.

Latest Modlet

Molds in the Forge

Adds molds that can be placed in the forge tool slot. Needed to make pipes, nails, casings, tips, cement and jars.

Download This Modlet

Increased Mod Slots

Increases the amount of mod slots to match tier level up to 6 slots.

Download This Modlet

Blood Moon Until Dawn

Blood Moon will now last until dawn like pre A16. The last group are just normal zeds but they are continuous.

Download This Modlet

Car and Truck Respawns

Cars and trucks respawn after broken. Grass model used, which is made of metal. Respawn time is 14 days in game.

Download This Modlet

Canned Food

Adding canned food crafting unlocked at Master Chef level 5. Finally a use for cans and a nice compliment to the Working Microwave modlet. The recipes are janky because we do not have pears or peas or different meat and fish but hey we can hold 5000 concrete blocks in our bag so... lol

Download This Modlet

Working Devices

Combines the working coffeemaker, stove, sinks, microwaves modlets into one modlet. DO NOT USE if you are already using the other ones. All devices can be repaired, destroyed to pick or taken. They can also be sold to traders.

Download This Modlet

Admin Skill and Experience Books

Tired of using commands for players on your server? Need to wipe someone or yourself and need to get them back on their feet? Testing? Use these books to speed things up. Books for both Experience and Skill Points in values from 1 to 500000 will help anyone reclaim what is theirs. The books are set to Dev Only in CM Menu.

Download This Modlet

Working Stoves

Adds stove, grill and wood stove repair kits. Use with hammer or nailgun on stoves and grills and wood ovens to upgrade them to working. The new stoves and grills once upgraded will no longer be lootable of course since they are now working.

Download This Modlet

Working Sinks and Water Coolers

Adds cooler and sink repair kits to fix up house sinks and water coolers. More sinks will be added in the future (office utility etc) but for now its just cabinet type sinks. All devices can be repaired, destroyed to pick or taken. They can also be sold to traders.

Download This Modlet

Rage Removal From Normal Zombies

This modlet removes the rage feature from normal zombies. Keeps rage on feral and radiateds. Goodbye lunging zeds!

Download This Modlet

Honey

Honey can be very difficult to find early game. This modlet increases the chance of honey dropping from tree stumps and also slightly increases the probability of tree stumps spawning in the world. That part requires a new map to see results for.

Download This Modlet

Working Coffeemaker

Adds a working coffeemaker. Perfect compliment to the working microwave. Destroy coffeemakers in houses to acquire one. Recipes for tea and coffee are included in them. All devices can be repaired, destroyed to pick or taken. They can also be sold to traders.

Download This Modlet

Nails

More uses for Nails. Adds nails to recipes containing wood and also adds nails to harvests of poi wood items.

Download This Modlet

Nuts and Berries

Adds nut and berry food items. They can be acquired from punching bushes and grass. Nuts give a small amount of food and berries give some water. Combine them for handfuls of each and an extra bonus.

Download This Modlet

Disable POI Pickups

Disables E for pick up on chair items in POIs.

Download This Modlet

Disable Bedroll Pickups

Disables E for pickups on bedrolls.

Download This Modlet

Grass Cutter

Adds a craftable grass cutter the Grass B Gone. Cuts fibers super fast. Does not kill zombies or animals. It DOES give XP faster of course since its cutting quicker but no extra xp than if you had punched it.

Download This Modlet

Harsher Death Respawn Penalties

A lot of talk on here about death penalties. This will add some weight to your death. It will keep all buffs on you like broken arms and legs and infection. It will no longer replenish your food and water but rather it will respawn you with 50 percent of each. Infection will persist until it hits 100 percent. When you die to it it will clear it. Great for those who wish for death to NOT  be the easy way out.

Download This Modlet

Harsher Food Buffs

Adds harsher penalties for being hungry and thirsty. When you need food or water mobility will be impacted. Also adds a nerf to barter and selling when drinking Grandpas elixirs.

Download This Modlet

5 Slot Queue

Adds a simple 5 slot crafting queue to UI.

Download This Modlet

Bird Nest and Trash Bags Destroy on Loot

Clean up your world and make it a tad bit more realistic. Birds nests will destroy on loot, as will trash piles.

Download This Modlet

Working Microwaves

Adds a working microwave you can pick up by destroying microwaves in the world. Recipes for soups and stews in bowls. Bowls can be found in common food trash loot. All devices can be repaired, destroyed to pick or taken. They can also be sold to traders.

Download This Modlet

Increased Zombie Spawning x2

Multiplies the population of zombies in towns and wild by the following numbers. 

Download This Modlet

Increased Zombie Spawning x3

Multiplies the population of zombies in towns and wild by the following numbers. 

Download This Modlet

Increased Zombie Spawning x4

Download This Modlet

Zombie Reach Shortener

Reduces the reach of all zeds so that you can manage the fights on servers. Does not touch player hands.

Download This Modlet

Slower Progression

Increases the XP needed to level from 10000 to 12454 in order to extend leveling time slightly.

Download This Modlet

Charcoal

Adds some lootable charcoal to grills. The charcoal has a very long burn time so its the most efficient burning material.

Download This Modlet

Increased Wandering Horde Size

Takes the vanilla wandering hordes and adds a few extra zeds to each stage for a bigger more dangerous wandering horde.

Download This Modlet

Eggs in Fridges

Adds chance to loot eggs from fridges. Also gives an additional chance at an egg in birds nest.

Download This Modlet

More to come

Download All Modlets In One Package Experimental A20 Exp 233

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, JaxTeller718 said:

Added zombie reach modlet

Thank you. This has always been very popular with the little community I game with because players are from all over and server latency can be a little higher due to distance and greater ping. It helps to level the playing field while increasing the game difficulty.

14 minutes ago, arramus said:

Thank you. This has always been very popular with the little community I game with because players are from all over and server latency can be a little higher due to distance and greater ping. It helps to level the playing field while increasing the game difficulty.

You're very welcome. Agreed, I played for a few hours on vanilla yesterday and some of the attacks were a bit unfair. Enjoy!

Added Increased Zombie Modlets

Thanks so much for these. I can't play without the increased zombies. It just doesn't feel right not being threatened at every turn.

Now if we can get your awesome Working Microwaves and Bird Nest and Trash Piles Destroy on Loot mods I'd be set.

Those 4 mods are staples in all my games. I always found your microwave mod was a great half way point between having no food and having a good chef without breaking the game. How trash and bird piles don't destroy in vanilla I will never know. I absolutely hate going over the same nest multiple times cause no one will get rid of it.

Edited by CynicalGamer (see edit history)

Hey Jax, Love your mods and have used many of them for years.  Based on the title of this page and the comments I am confused.  A20 graveyard would indicate these no longer work in A20.  But the comments seem to be the opposite that these are the ones you have umm resurrected TO work with A20.

Just checking to make sure the the 2nd statement IS working again in A20 is the correct thought.

17 hours ago, cayla said:

Any chance that the reach mod is making zombies no longer move? I don't have moving zombies on my server after putting the reach mod on.

I've been using zombie reach for 2 days now with no issues. I know there is a button that turns off the ai, could it be you hit that on accident?

Can I use this with other spawning mods? Or will they just cancel on of them out? Say this coupled with 'Duriel's More Zombies x64 Crazy short delay' and 'KHA20-WanderingHordePatch'

Looking for maximum overall zombie population in all biomes, city, town, wilderness. Obviously it doesn't effect placed zombs in POI's.

29 minutes ago, kimsgrim said:

Can I use this with other spawning mods? Or will they just cancel on of them out? Say this coupled with 'Duriel's More Zombies x64 Crazy short delay' and 'KHA20-WanderingHordePatch'

Looking for maximum overall zombie population in all biomes, city, town, wilderness. Obviously it doesn't effect placed zombs in POI's.

Im unsure of this, i assume not but i have not tested these against other modlets. The khaine patch should be fine though. 

On 12/7/2021 at 2:57 PM, Ozzland said:

Hey Jax, Love your mods and have used many of them for years.  Based on the title of this page and the comments I am confused.  A20 graveyard would indicate these no longer work in A20.  But the comments seem to be the opposite that these are the ones you have umm resurrected TO work with A20.

Just checking to make sure the the 2nd statement IS working again in A20 is the correct thought.

I was trying to be witty lol Ill change the name of it so its not so confusing

On 12/7/2021 at 1:50 PM, CynicalGamer said:

Thanks so much for these. I can't play without the increased zombies. It just doesn't feel right not being threatened at every turn.

Now if we can get your awesome Working Microwaves and Bird Nest and Trash Piles Destroy on Loot mods I'd be set.

Those 4 mods are staples in all my games. I always found your microwave mod was a great half way point between having no food and having a good chef without breaking the game. How trash and bird piles don't destroy in vanilla I will never know. I absolutely hate going over the same nest multiple times cause no one will get rid of it.

Your wish is my command

Added along with a simple 5 slot craft queue

@JaxTeller718

It may be nothing as I cant tell if it is working or not, but I noticed the below warning when running up my server.

2021-12-09T12:41:09 33.938 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='03']/spawn[@group='wanderingHordeStageGS5' 	and @num='06']/@num"  (line 5 at pos 3)
2021-12-09T12:41:09 33.938 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='04']/spawn[@group='ZombieDogGroup' 			and @num='04']/@num"  (line 6 at pos 3)
2021-12-09T12:41:09 33.938 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='05']/spawn[@group='FwanderingHordeStageGS1' 	and @num='09']/@num"  (line 7 at pos 3)

Thanks for all your work!!!

3 hours ago, LewZephyr said:

@JaxTeller718

It may be nothing as I cant tell if it is working or not, but I noticed the below warning when running up my server.

2021-12-09T12:41:09 33.938 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='03']/spawn[@group='wanderingHordeStageGS5' 	and @num='06']/@num"  (line 5 at pos 3)
2021-12-09T12:41:09 33.938 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='04']/spawn[@group='ZombieDogGroup' 			and @num='04']/@num"  (line 6 at pos 3)
2021-12-09T12:41:09 33.938 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='05']/spawn[@group='FwanderingHordeStageGS1' 	and @num='09']/@num"  (line 7 at pos 3)

Thanks for all your work!!!

I just came to post the same thing. Saw this when I was exiting and got an error.

4 hours ago, CynicalGamer said:

I just came to post the same thing. Saw this when I was exiting and got an error.

I will look at this tomorrow. I assume they changed the name of the groups. it shouldnt cause any serious issue but i will make sure it s fixed by tomorrow. Thank you guys for enjoying the modlets. more to come!

Fixed the Wandering Horde Modlet

Added a Grass Cutter, a modlet for Harsher Food Buff Penalties and my new favorite Harsher Death Penalty!!!

Lot of talk here on death penalty. This adds respawn at 5 percent max food and water, up too 100x XP deficit instead of vanillas 25 percent so you can die 4 times and lose up to 100 percent XP as opposed to 25 percent once, it removes the clear buffs on death. So broken arms legs and Infection will PERSIST through death. Dying is no longer the easy answer. Infection WILL clear after you die to it at 100 percent.

1 hour ago, gpcstargate said:

O-Thank you JaxTeller

I was worried that this might have been forgotten ..  "Bird Nest and Trash Bags Destroy on Loot" .. it is a Must in any of my games along with others.

Thank you again .... Have a Great weekend and Take Care, the Old Gamer 😌 

You have a great weekend as well Old Friend :)

Added Disable Chair Pickups. Turns off E for pickups on chairs in pois. We used to use this because people would make walls of chair for hordes. Now you have to break them in POIS.

Also added Disable Bedroll Pickups. If that is your thing.

3 new modlets added today

Working Coffeemaker

Adds a working coffeemaker. Perfect compliment to the working microwave. Destroy coffeemakers in houses to acquire one. Recipes for tea and coffee are included in them.

Nails

More uses for Nails. Adds nails to recipes containing wood and also adds nails to harvests of poi wood items.

Nuts and Berries

Adds nut and berry food items. They can be acquired from punching bushes and grass. Nuts give a small amount of food and berries give some water. Combine them for handfuls of each and an extra bonus.

Added a new modlet that  think is great for early game

Honey

Honey can be very difficult to find early game. This modlet increases the chance of honey dropping from tree stumps and also slightly increases the probability of tree stumps spawning in the world. That part requires a new map to see results for.

8 hours ago, Rathlon said:

I'm wondering is it possible to create extra foods using the nuts and berries?

Cause I think it would extend the use of them and making it viable to harvest the grass for them.

We can look into adding some recipes or at least adding these ingredients to some vanilla ones

Rage Removal From Normal Zombies

This modlet removes the rage feature from normal zombies. Keeps rage on feral and radiateds. Goodbye lunging zeds!

I've messed around with the berries. While they are balanced food wise for early game gathering them seems to be a bit difficult. I tried 3 times to get 5 berries or nuts to craft a handful. Twice it took me just over 50 grass and 1 time I had to gather over 100 grass. With grass not growing back I could see this wear thin pretty quickly not to mention having to get so much grass for 8 food doesn't seem to pan out.

I know there is a fine line and this could ruin early game food struggles if not careful but it does seem to need tweaking a bit.

Can't download your mods anymore for whatever reason.. Windows Defender keeps saying there's a Trojan mixed in the download link or something... Trojan:Script/Sabsik.FL.A!ml the links we're fine yesterday any idea what could've changed? Edit. Having the same problem with Action Skills A20

WD seems to have quarantined the Zip file as well. Re-edit was able to download Action Skills from Nexus without trouble think it could be linked to github somehow?

Edited by CrimsonKing
Another mod problem (see edit history)

3 hours ago, CynicalGamer said:

I've messed around with the berries. While they are balanced food wise for early game gathering them seems to be a bit difficult. I tried 3 times to get 5 berries or nuts to craft a handful. Twice it took me just over 50 grass and 1 time I had to gather over 100 grass. With grass not growing back I could see this wear thin pretty quickly not to mention having to get so much grass for 8 food doesn't seem to pan out.

I know there is a fine line and this could ruin early game food struggles if not careful but it does seem to need tweaking a bit.

We can tweak it. They are currently set to RH settings lol

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Can't download your mods anymore for whatever reason.. Windows Defender keeps saying there's a Trojan mixed in the download link or something... Trojan:Script/Sabsik.FL.A!ml the links we're fine yesterday any idea what could've changed? Edit. Having the same problem with Action Skills A20

WD seems to have quarantined the Zip file as well. Re-edit was able to download Action Skills from Nexus without trouble think it could be linked to github somehow?

Entirely possible someone did a naughty on github today. None of my stuff is dll or exe so shouldnt throw that issue. But i will do a scan and double check.