JaxTeller718's A20 Modlets

JaxTeller718

Is anyone else having issues with the working devices mod? After installing I can't craft Teas or Yucca drinks in campfires or the working devices. Not sure what went wrong. They don't show up on the craft list unless I type the specific name while everything else is on the list. Sorry for the edits - learning more details as we try out different things - The drinks still show and are craftable on a private server without this mod installed.

Edited by Khy (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Graymayne said:

Sadly my laptop is having issues. But the coffee pot was working in making teas prior to his pick up ovens changes. I do remember making both red tea and coffee in it.

Thank you!! I hadn't even checked or thought of that

I don't know if I just missed it somewhere or what... but with the working sinks and water cooler mod.. we should be able to get water from it into jars, right? Running a server with it, and we can't figure out why they aren't working. We repaired the sink, and it just isnt giving us an option to use it. The stove, coffee pot, and microwave there are no issues. 

On 1/14/2022 at 12:38 AM, Khy said:

Is anyone else having issues with the working devices mod? After installing I can't craft Teas or Yucca drinks in campfires or the working devices. Not sure what went wrong. They don't show up on the craft list unless I type the specific name while everything else is on the list. Sorry for the edits - learning more details as we try out different things - The drinks still show and are craftable on a private server without this mod installed.

Yes, same issue here. Only water and murky water are craftable, red tea, goldenflower, yucca etc don't show the craft button in the oven/campfire and Yucca Smooties don't show the craft button in the workbench. As you say you can find the recipes by typing in the search but they aren't craftable anywhere.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:16 AM, Zacchaeus said:

Yes, same issue here. Only water and murky water are craftable, red tea, goldenflower, yucca etc don't show the craft button in the oven/campfire and Yucca Smooties don't show the craft button in the workbench. As you say you can find the recipes by typing in the search but they aren't craftable anywhere.

Hi Zacchaeus

All the teas and other things you mention are made at coffeemakerJT.

The answer was given in a post above.
Regards

On 1/26/2022 at 11:10 AM, nickuk01 said:

Does the less ore nodes modlet from A19 still work in A20 as no updated version appears?

Hi Nickuk01

The mod works without any kind of error, but it marks warnings in yellow, it is necessary to edit some parts of the code, you will have to wait for Jaxteller to do it.
Regards

Jax, Are you aware of any conflicts with your bigger wandering horde mod. When I load it up it is saying it did not apply. 

Also what is the status of ravenhearst, are you making one compatible with A20?

Update, I think I found teh conflict. ZSCZA20 is what was causing a lot of issues, deleted it from mods and everything loaded in proper

Edited by Realism51 (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Jazz0411 said:

how do i install the Increased Mod Slots mod ,i made a Mods folder in the base 7dtd folder and put the config folder in the mods folder but it didnt work

It might be other things, but i have seen that only newly found or created objects will get the extra slots mods. The weapons, armor and tools that you already have will not be affected. At least that is what i have seen in my game. 

On 2/5/2022 at 8:29 AM, Babuchas said:

It might be other things, but i have seen that only newly found or created objects will get the extra slots mods. The weapons, armor and tools that you already have will not be affected. At least that is what i have seen in my game. 

Increased mod slots doesn't appear to include motor tools(?). Is that intended or did I screw something up?

On 2/5/2022 at 6:09 AM, Jazz0411 said:

how do i install the Increased Mod Slots mod ,i made a Mods folder in the base 7dtd folder and put the config folder in the mods folder but it didnt work

That is not quite right. In the Mods folder you should see the folder that contains the modlet. Like here is my Mods folder...

Mod_Folder.thumb.jpg.54a8dfae7817ddfd1c8bb4058af2838e.jpg

Note the address in the address bar. SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods
You should see the mod in it's named folder. Then inside that folder you should see this...

Mod_Folder2.thumb.jpg.765a7a7eafdc94d61b650fa2c973b08b.jpg

You said you put the config folder in the mods folder. That won't work because it's looking for that folder inside the mod named (Not Mods) folder.

In this case the mod folder name is "JaxTeller718-IncreasedModSlots" so it is looking for the files in that folder.
So it's looking here, "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\JaxTeller718-IncreasedModSlots\" for the Modinfo.xml and the Config folder that should be there.

The extra mods slots does not seem to work with the "stealth military boots". Every other item that i craft or find has the proper number of slots (1 for lvl 1, 2 for lvl 2 and so on until 6 for lvl 6) except for the "stealth military boots". Do you think it would be possible to make it work for that item too? That would be awesome.

Thank you :)

49 minutes ago, Babuchas said:

The extra mods slots does not seem to work with the "stealth military boots". Every other item that i craft or find has the proper number of slots (1 for lvl 1, 2 for lvl 2 and so on until 6 for lvl 6) except for the "stealth military boots". Do you think it would be possible to make it work for that item too? That would be awesome.

Thank you :)

Rename JaxTeller718-IncreasedModSlots to z-JaxTeller718-IncreasedModSlots to force it to load last and see if that sorts it?  I am assuming its another mod that adds the boots?

7 hours ago, MikeyUK said:

Rename JaxTeller718-IncreasedModSlots to z-JaxTeller718-IncreasedModSlots to force it to load last and see if that sorts it?  I am assuming its another mod that adds the boots?

Thank you for your answer. I did what you suggested, renamed the modlet so it is last in the mods folder, but still a lvl 5 "military stealth boots" only has 3 slots for mods. All the other military armor parts have the proper number of slots (5 for a lvl 5).

The "military stealth boots" is not a mod, it is a vanilla game item, here is the entry in the wiki: Military Stealth Boots - Official 7 Days to Die Wiki (fandom.com)

12 minutes ago, Babuchas said:

Thank you for your answer. I did what you suggested, renamed the modlet so it is last in the mods folder, but still a lvl 5 "military stealth boots" only has 3 slots for mods. All the other military armor parts have the proper number of slots (5 for a lvl 5).

The "military stealth boots" is not a mod, it is a vanilla game item, here is the entry in the wiki: Military Stealth Boots - Official 7 Days to Die Wiki (fandom.com)

Is it possible that something in A20 made motortools a different category? 

Not sure abt the boots. Those should still just be light armor.

18 minutes ago, Babuchas said:

Sorry I did not even know this was vanilla lol.

It will need an XML change in Jax's mod by the looks, the vanilla item seems to have a naughty effect_group.

This is the code which applies it to the armor:

<append xpath="/items/item[starts-with(@name, 'armor')]/effect_group[contains(@name, 'armor')]">
	<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,2,3,4,5,6" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>
</append>

The effect group for the other mil boots is <effect_group name="military armor"> but for the stealth ones its <effect_group name="military without penalties">.

I am not really good with XML but I am guessing this will work (add the extra 3 lines to Jax's items.xml):

<append xpath="/items/item[starts-with(@name, 'armor')]/effect_group[contains(@name, 'armor')]">
	<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,2,3,4,5,6" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[starts-with(@name, 'armor')]/effect_group[contains(@name, 'military')]">
</append>

I am sure there is a better way for the above but should work! 🤣

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)