I'm watching it rain in the forest biome on A20 on YouTube

ElCabong

The guy I'm watching doesn't know WTF he is doing but I don't care. It's raining.

There is something about getting in your base before the sun goes down and you're cooking something and it starts to rain outside and your health gets better.

Now that I've posted this it's probably not going to be in when I play. Stuff happens

Edited by ElCabong
Typo (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Orclover said:

Just skip the streamers.  They offer 0 insight themselves since they just live on the page hits  generated from drama.   Save the discovery for when you get to play on Monday.

Lol, exactly why I quit watching about 3 minutes into it. The only reason it lasted that long is because I wanted to watch it rain.

4 hours ago, ElCabong said:

There is something about getting in your base before the sun goes down and you're cooking something and it starts to rain outside and your health gets better.

I've been dabbling in Valheim lately and I have that same reaction when it storms in that game. Get in your cozy cabin with the fire and knaw on a deer rib until the storm passes. And hope The Forest doesn't awaken and trash all your stuff outside.

5 minutes ago, Boidster said:

I've been dabbling in Valheim lately and I have that same reaction when it storms in that game

The atmosphere is great there, especially for the graphic style/simplicity. As an added effect, their "wetness" actually tanks your stamina, which is a huge downer for combat and exploring. That makes waiting for good weather a pretty sane move there. The effect seems strong enough to be felt intuitively.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:36 PM, theFlu said:

The atmosphere is great there, especially for the graphic style/simplicity. As an added effect, their "wetness" actually tanks your stamina, which is a huge downer for combat and exploring. That makes waiting for good weather a pretty sane move there. The effect seems strong enough to be felt intuitively.

It was awesome to repair a little abandoned hut and wait the storms and nights out in that game when you were miles from home. 

I love that game I just got so burnt on the grind, especially for iron. I would probably go back to it if I could teleport with ore, or they rebalanced some of the cost for iron.

1 hour ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

It was awesome to repair a little abandoned hut and ...

Yeh, at the far edge of the starter island, tired, soaked, cold and weaponry about to break.. feels nice setting up a little rest and repair camp at one of those villages :)

So, for those of us with OCD, there is one major problem with the new weather!

Its blowing cats and dogs, trees and grass are whipping in the wind, the trader flag is stiff and flapping, and the smoke from the trader serenely is floating straight up!

Ooh, maybe this is part of the back story - intelligent smoke-like aliens?!

On 12/3/2021 at 9:48 PM, Orclover said:

Just skip the streamers.  They offer 0 insight themselves since they just live on the page hits  generated from drama.   Save the discovery for when you get to play on Monday.

Nice way to generalize. There is in fact at least 2 that uploaded videos in YT explaining and showing all the new stuff in A20. Propably missed others doing this because i don´t watch anything from A20 as i simply wanna discover it myself.

@Boidster Yeah i can´t wait for the mistlands update in valheim. I also really enjoy a heavy storm on the longship.

@Spatch  :DThis isn´t Indiana Jones 4.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Nice way to generalize. There is in fact at least 2 that uploaded videos in YT explaining and showing all the new stuff in A20. Propably missed others doing this because i don´t watch anything from A20 as i simply wanna discover it myself.

@Boidster Yeah i can´t wait for the mistlands update in valheim. I also really enjoy a heavy storm on the longship.

@Spatch  :DThis isn´t Indiana Jones 4.

Not gonna lie, I have a low bar of respect for streamers, personally. I've never anticipated people who exist for strictly "content" like they do and to have all their reactions magnified by nothing but pure acting is a shame. It could be something good, but it isn't, and it's worth calling it out for what it is in its current state. Garbage and shilling. Some streamers are exempt, sure, but the overwhelming majority are acting based upon an audience and it's purely about narcassitic engagement, I find zero enjoyment in them. Unfortunately, they happen to be the majority. 

I'm waiting for Valheim to actualize a bit more before I come back to it, but I got more than my money's worth in a short span and can't recommend it enough. It's excellent, and I have my own gripes. They nailed atmosphere in a way Minecraft tried and couldn't. 

A20 looks excellent and 100% in the direction gold is going, to me. I think we're within sniffing distance, and it smells alright to me. 

Well streamers are a vital part of the gaming industry. You simply can´t ignore them as a developer. I only watch Trackmania streams, i don´t play anymore would need to much time to keep up with the skills (that game is no fun if you are a noob :D), but i am interested in the tournaments. And ofc i don´t say no to loot streams, where you can get ingame goodies if you watch them. Just let them run muted in the background 😛

Also if you have troubles figuring something in a game, it can help to watch some vids. Especially in complex games like 7 days.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

Not gonna lie, I have a low bar of respect for streamers, personally. I've never anticipated people who exist for strictly "content" like they do and to have all their reactions magnified by nothing but pure acting is a shame. It could be something good, but it isn't, and it's worth calling it out for what it is in its current state. Garbage and shilling. Some streamers are exempt, sure, but the overwhelming majority are acting based upon an audience and it's purely about narcassitic engagement, I find zero enjoyment in them. Unfortunately, they happen to be the majority. 

I'm waiting for Valheim to actualize a bit more before I come back to it, but I got more than my money's worth in a short span and can't recommend it enough. It's excellent, and I have my own gripes. They nailed atmosphere in a way Minecraft tried and couldn't. 

A20 looks excellent and 100% in the direction gold is going, to me. I think we're within sniffing distance, and it smells alright to me. 

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well streamers are a vital part of the gaming industry. You simply can´t ignore them as a developer. I only watch Trackmania streams, i don´t play anymore would need to much time to keep up with the skills (that game is no fun if you are a noob :D), but i am interested in the tournaments. And ofc i don´t say no to loot streams, where you can get ingame goodies if you watch them. Just let them run muted in the background 😛

Also if you have troubles figuring something in a game, it can help to watch some vids. Especially in complex games like 7 days.

There is a line between education and entertainment that streamers must draw. Most push it too far to the entertainment side and you don't learn much of anything useful. 

I picked very little information from what I watched over the weekend.

8 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

There is a line between education and entertainment that streamers must draw. Most push it too far to the entertainment side and you don't learn much of anything useful. 

I picked very little information from what I watched over the weekend.

What's wrong with entertainment?  Does something have to have educational elements to be valuable?

3 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Nothing wrong with entertainment. I wanted more information and less entertainment.

Your assumption that they were there to educate you was wrong.

3 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Nothing wrong with entertainment. I wanted more information and less entertainment.

Your assumption that they were there to educate you was wrong.

59 minutes ago, SpiderThatCantHide said:

If you think that all of the streamers have zero clue how to play, you weren't watching the right streamers. I spent 8 hours watching twitch.tv/pakrninja and he definitely understands how to play, and plays very well. 

This is YouTube