The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Try to install a mod, and load it up. If it fails, go to the View menu, then Log files, and click on Upload Log file. Then pass me the pastebin.com link it gives you, and I'll take alook

I did a presync and then went to manage modlets, and got an error: "Error Reading modlet Data. Modlets unavailable". Here's the log. (https://pastebin.com/1mxBze9m) I noticed a reference to a windows user filepath for a user that isn't on my PC, and I'm not seeing anything about SDX files getting compiled, which are standing out to me.

Hiya, sphereii. I think I figured out my issue with some modlet's localization files not being integrated. As I was checking their format once again, I finally noticed that none of the mods in question had a mod.xml file. As soon as I added one for each of the mods, their localization files started being integrated by the launcher.

I did a presync and then went to manage modlets, and got an error: "Error Reading modlet Data. Modlets unavailable". Here's the log. (https://pastebin.com/1mxBze9m) I noticed a reference to a windows user filepath for a user that isn't on my PC, and I'm not seeing anything about SDX files getting compiled, which are standing out to me.

Looks like its failing before starting the SDX. Do you have two instances of the mod launcher open? The modlet database looks like it's locked from another process. Could also be an anti-virus?

Anyway I can roll back to the previous version of the mod launcher? With the update the game is now totally unplayable. Can't load a previous save or start a new game. When I finally got tired of waiting for the game to start and shut it down, the output log was already almost 1 gig of errors and warnings. Only way I can start a game is to remove all SDX mods.

Here's an update on the issue. First to clarify. I tested all of this on freshly installed game directories. If I let the mod launcher download DMT, I get nothing but a massive amount of errors if I try to start a new game or continue an existing one. The game will never finish loading for me unless I remove all SDX mods. If I delete the Harmony folder from SDX_EntityAliveSDX then everything loads and works perfectly fine but only if it has never had DMT downloaded. Once DMT downloads the game won't start with any SDX modlets installed.

Edited by wyldwitchykat (see edit history)

Ok. One last update. Thinking maybe something borked with the update of the launcher, I uninstalled it and tried things with a freshly installed copy of it. Unfortunately I still got the same issues.

Sorry for the trouble. I removed the Harmony hooks from the EntityAliveSDX. They were accidentally pushed in a past update. Do a fresh install, and all should be well with them. The issue only affected ClearUI and EntityaliveSDX.

Sorry for the trouble. I removed the Harmony hooks from the EntityAliveSDX. They were accidentally pushed in a past update. Do a fresh install, and all should be well with them. The issue only affected ClearUI and EntityaliveSDX.

It's all good. Those things happen. Thank you :)

Hi Sphereii,

Having issues with the launcher. I go between world and prefabs editors quite a bit. If I open a bad prefab or some other issue, I often need to reinstall. Once I delete the problem installation and reinstall I cannot get past loading character models and i crash to desktop. Ive uninstalled completely and wiped out the roaming folders and verified my steam install 3 times, same problem. Log file for my last clean installed here

https://pastebin.com/ypdwSLYP

Hi Sphereii,

Having issues with the launcher. I go between world and prefabs editors quite a bit. If I open a bad prefab or some other issue, I often need to reinstall. Once I delete the problem installation and reinstall I cannot get past loading character models and i crash to desktop. Ive uninstalled completely and wiped out the roaming folders and verified my steam install 3 times, same problem. Log file for my last clean installed here

https://pastebin.com/ypdwSLYP

Sorry for the trouble. Can you post the log for the game crashing? In the same screen as the first one, but there should be a drop down with the output_log.txt for the game too.

Are you using the Save Game Local to Mod feature?

Yes, Im saving local

Heres the other log

https://pastebin.com/JZhYTMkr

Thank you for the log.

This is the only thing that stands out. Can you check what your GameName is in the SaveConfig.xml file?

2019-05-30T00:08:54 2.050 INF Parsing server configfile: C:\7D2D\Alpha17\My_Mods\Raven\SaveConfig.xml
2019-05-30T00:08:54 2.076 ERR Error parsing configfile: GameName is empty or contains invalid characters
2019-05-30T00:08:54 2.076 INF Allowed characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, dot (.), underscore (_), dash (-) and space ( )

Thank you for the log.

This is the only thing that stands out. Can you check what your GameName is in the SaveConfig.xml file?

2019-05-30T00:08:54 2.050 INF Parsing server configfile: C:\7D2D\Alpha17\My_Mods\Raven\SaveConfig.xml
2019-05-30T00:08:54 2.076 ERR Error parsing configfile: GameName is empty or contains invalid characters
2019-05-30T00:08:54 2.076 INF Allowed characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, dot (.), underscore (_), dash (-) and space ( )

Solved it!

Here

<ServerSettings><property name="SaveGameFolder" value="C:\7D2D\Saves\My Mods\Raven" /></ServerSettings>

Just looked in ModLauncher.txt, found and deleted these entries. Worked right away. Mistake I made was not looking at the 2nd log file. Thanks for taking time to help man, I really appreciate it!

[My Mods-Raven1]

Location=C:\7D2D\Alpha17\My_Mods\Raven1

EAC=

UNET=

RefreshModsAuto=

LocalSaves=

AdditionalParameters=

Source=

[My Mods-Ravenhearst]

Source="C:\Users\win10\AppData\Roaming\7D2DModLauncher\My Mods-Ravenhearst.xml"

Location=C:\7D2D\Alpha17\My_Mods\Ravenhearst

EAC=

UNET=

RefreshModsAuto=

LocalSaves=

AdditionalParameters=

SaveLocation="C:\7D2D\Saves\My Mods\Ravenhearst"

Hi, I started getting this error message from microsoft .net framework. I repaired .net framework ( 4.7.2 ver. ), but same error pops up even after repair. I started getting this error after upgrade to .83 version couple of days ago.

I also did a fresh install of 7d2d launcher after I repaired .net framework ( deleted all the files on disc and in %appdata% )

Here is the error report:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.PickModdedFolder() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 1809

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.txtModdedGameFolder_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 3101

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

7D2DLauncher

Assembly Version: 2.0.83.36187

Win32 Version: 2.0.83.36187

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/7D2DLauncher.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

log4net

Assembly Version: 2.0.8.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.8.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/log4net.DLL

System.Net.Http

Assembly Version: 4.1.1.3

Win32 Version: 4.6.26907.01

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/System.Net.Http.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

AutoUpdater.NET

Assembly Version: 1.4.11.0

Win32 Version: 1.4.11.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

SharpConfig

Assembly Version: 3.2.7.0

Win32 Version: 3.2.7.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/SharpConfig.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

Hi, I started getting this error message from microsoft .net framework. I repaired .net framework ( 4.7.2 ver. ), but same error pops up even after repair. I started getting this error after upgrade to .83 version couple of days ago.

I also did a fresh install of 7d2d launcher after I repaired .net framework ( deleted all the files on disc and in %appdata% )

Here is the error report:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.PickModdedFolder() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 1809

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.txtModdedGameFolder_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 3101

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

7D2DLauncher

Assembly Version: 2.0.83.36187

Win32 Version: 2.0.83.36187

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/7D2DLauncher.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

log4net

Assembly Version: 2.0.8.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.8.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/log4net.DLL

System.Net.Http

Assembly Version: 4.1.1.3

Win32 Version: 4.6.26907.01

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/System.Net.Http.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

AutoUpdater.NET

Assembly Version: 1.4.11.0

Win32 Version: 1.4.11.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

SharpConfig

Assembly Version: 3.2.7.0

Win32 Version: 3.2.7.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/7D2D_ModLauncher/SharpConfig.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the trouble.

Do you have SSL disabled in the mod launcher? Seems like it struggled to find the Alpha versions.

I noticed that this error doesn't happen if I just press "X"(close window) when it asks me about the location for mod file location at the beginning. Any way to set a folder in settings ( I cant open setting from the menu though ).

Oh and when I pressed disable SSL same error popped up.

I noticed that this error doesn't happen if I just press "X"(close window) when it asks me about the location for mod file location at the beginning. Any way to set a folder in settings ( I cant open setting from the menu though ).

Oh and when I pressed disable SSL same error popped up.

Click on View -> Open Configuration File. Close the Mod Launcher, edit the Configuration and save it.

You'll want to change the Location= under the [Global] section at the top.

Sphereii

Are you having issues with Launcher … the Mod BorderlandZ keeps drop out as Not installed .. Started several hours ago .. Played this morning .. No issue .. Came back in guessing around maybe 2pm EDT .. the Mod wants to install again .. even thou it is in the folder as it should be .. at that Time .. I thought it best to uninstall Mod and reinstall .. and it ran fine for a couple hours .. stopped to eat .. Just came back and the Launcher is acting as it is not installed again .. but everything is in the folder as it should be.

Any help .. not sure what to do at this time _ Thank You … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Sphereii

Are you having issues with Launcher … the Mod BorderlandZ keeps drop out as Not installed .. Started several hours ago .. Played this morning .. No issue .. Came back in guessing around maybe 2pm EDT .. the Mod wants to install again .. even thou it is in the folder as it should be .. at that Time .. I thought it best to uninstall Mod and reinstall .. and it ran fine for a couple hours .. stopped to eat .. Just came back and the Launcher is acting as it is not installed again .. but everything is in the folder as it should be.

Any help .. not sure what to do at this time _ Thank You … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

rucky was working on his configuration today, so I imagine things will stabilize in a bit.