The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

So how do I use it? Does it need to be copied to every mod folder or it's just added once to the set of installed mods?

Through the mod launcher, the SDX hooks will detect it, and compile it. Then you just need to have your partial localization.txt in your Config folder.

Through the SDX Launcher, download and add it to your Mods folder for the SDX Launcher, compile, etc.

Through the mod launcher, the SDX hooks will detect it, and compile it. Then you just need to have your partial localization.txt in your Config folder.

Through the SDX Launcher, download and add it to your Mods folder for the SDX Launcher, compile, etc.

Thanks, I will try. I knew there must be some convenient way of doing this! :)

Hi guys,

Been using the 7d2d launcher for maybe 18 months and never any issues with it.

Since Im not a big fan of a17 I've still used it to play my favorite mods for 16.4 and it has worked perfectly.

But the other day all of the sudden I got an error message when starting the launcher (sorry, cant remember what the message said) and once the launcher was started all of the installed mods where "red" as not been installed.

Both A17 and A16.4 mods where "red".

I checked my harddrive and they where there and was playable if started manuelly from the harddrive but cant be started from the launcher since launched had them marked as not installed.

I deleted all the mods and reinstalled them (saw it as an oppertunity to clean the harddrive).

Played for a couple of days without any trouble but today the same thing happened again.

Any ideas? I guess I should uninstall the modlauncher and reinstall it?

Hi guys,

Been using the 7d2d launcher for maybe 18 months and never any issues with it.

Since Im not a big fan of a17 I've still used it to play my favorite mods for 16.4 and it has worked perfectly.

But the other day all of the sudden I got an error message when starting the launcher (sorry, cant remember what the message said) and once the launcher was started all of the installed mods where "red" as not been installed.

Both A17 and A16.4 mods where "red".

I checked my harddrive and they where there and was playable if started manuelly from the harddrive but cant be started from the launcher since launched had them marked as not installed.

I deleted all the mods and reinstalled them (saw it as an oppertunity to clean the harddrive).

Played for a couple of days without any trouble but today the same thing happened again.

Any ideas? I guess I should uninstall the modlauncher and reinstall it?

Sorry for the trouble.

Are you picking a different path to install the mods, rather than the default C:\7D2D? Maybe the mod launcher is forgetting the setting.

Sorry for the trouble.

Are you picking a different path to install the mods, rather than the default C:\7D2D? Maybe the mod launcher is forgetting the setting.

Yeah, I have changed the install path to D:\games\... due to c: being a very small harddrive but the launcher has been working since i started up until now with that path.

The launcher is a great tool and I love it. Never had any problems with it until now.

I think a uninstall and install will fix it but I got curious if anyone had any ideas what gone wrong.

Yeah, I have changed the install path to D:\games\... due to c: being a very small harddrive but the launcher has been working since i started up until now with that path.

The launcher is a great tool and I love it. Never had any problems with it until now.

I think a uninstall and install will fix it but I got curious if anyone had any ideas what gone wrong.

I've heard of this happening and have not been able to track down a source on why it happens. It almost seems like an anti-virus program or something is blocking its configuration file, resetting it.

I've heard of this happening and have not been able to track down a source on why it happens. It almost seems like an anti-virus program or something is blocking its configuration file, resetting it.

Thanks for the Quick reply :)

Will try and reinstall it and see what happends.

On a clean installation on a a new OS installation, getting the following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found."

I have installed to the default Launcher location - hints?

I think I found the issue: I had not run 7D2D from steam before trying to use Mod Launcher. Sorry if I missed this in the instructions somewhere, but if this is the fix, probably worth mentioning.

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

On a clean installation on a a new OS installation, getting the following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found."

I have installed to the default Launcher location - hints?

I think I found the issue: I had not run 7D2D from steam before trying to use Mod Launcher. Sorry if I missed this in the instructions somewhere, but if this is the fix, probably worth mentioning.

Glad you got it. You were missing a c++ runtime. When the game installed, it must have installed it for you.

Hi, sphereii!

I'm trying to install my mods to H:\Program Files\Gaming\7 Days to Die - Modded\, but for some reason the launcher doesn't seem to like that I have spaces there, so it creates its own directory at H:\Program_Files\Gaming\7_Days_to_Die_-_Modded\. Is there any way I can circumvent this or fix it?

Thank you!

Edit: Never mind. I found a reply earlier in this thread that answered my question. My apologies.

Edited by Godessia (see edit history)

Hi. I was wondering if something changed in how SDX integrates localization files. I have several modlets where their localization files integrated just fine with SDX in the mod launcher. Now none of them do with the exception of localization files from Xyth's wandering traders and your take and replace modlets. Only changes I've made was to updated the mod launcher and update my game to 17.3 stable. I also noticed it will integrate the two modlets I mentioned even without your localization modlet installed. I discovered this when I tried to just manually add the localizations only to have that overwritten by the mod launcher.

Edited by wyldwitchykat (see edit history)

Hi. I was wondering if something changed in how SDX integrates localization files. I have several modlets where their localization files integrated just fine with SDX in the mod launcher. Now none of them do with the exception of localization files from Xyth's wandering traders and your take and replace modlets. Only changes I've made was to updated the mod launcher and update my game to 17.3 stable. I also noticed it will integrate the two modlets I mentioned even without your localization modlet installed. I discovered this when I tried to just manually add the localizations only to have that overwritten by the mod launcher.

I haven't pushed a new update for the mod launcher in a few weeks.

When using the Mod Launcher, and the Localization Mod, its actually doing twice the work.

1) When SDX is ran, it looks and merges localization in your main Localization file.

2) When the Localization mod loads, it tries to re-merge all the localization files.

There's no way currently of turning off SDX's hook to run localization itself.

If you are just using you own modlets, and SDX is running, then you don't need the Localization mod.

If you are adding modlets to an existing SDX mod (Darkness Falls, Ravenhearst, etc), and they include the Localization Mod, then new modlet's localization files will be added as expected.

Ok, thanks. I'll remember that I don't need the Localization mod then. It had been a few weeks since I'd last played as I got distracted by another game so the latest update to the mod launcher was new to me lol.

That does bring me back to my original problem though. Localization files that were being added properly when I had last played are now no longer being added. I've checked the formatting of the partial localization files several times just to be sure even though they had always worked before. I've pretty much gone over my entire file structure several times just to be sure things are as they should be. I'm at a total loss as to why they are no longer added. The only partial localization files being added are from your mod and Xyth's, as I'd mentioned previously. I've kind of run out of ideas on what to check to get things working proper again, other than the "bashing my head on my desk" technique lol.

Ok, thanks. I'll remember that I don't need the Localization mod then. It had been a few weeks since I'd last played as I got distracted by another game so the latest update to the mod launcher was new to me lol.

That does bring me back to my original problem though. Localization files that were being added properly when I had last played are now no longer being added. I've checked the formatting of the partial localization files several times just to be sure even though they had always worked before. I've pretty much gone over my entire file structure several times just to be sure things are as they should be. I'm at a total loss as to why they are no longer added. The only partial localization files being added are from your mod and Xyth's, as I'd mentioned previously. I've kind of run out of ideas on what to check to get things working proper again, other than the "bashing my head on my desk" technique lol.

Sounds like you have the important localization files :)

But in the interest of saving the desk from damage, which modlet isn't working for localization?

Sounds like you have the important localization files :)

But in the interest of saving the desk from damage, which modlet isn't working for localization?

The More Dyes mod by Genosis, RussianDood's Katana mod, the old ACP fishing mod that I'd updated to Xpath, and Action Skills by Deceptive Pastry. And yes, the important ones did work :) lol

---Edit--- I have found a workaround for the moment. I manually added the ones that weren't being included and then replaced the localization file in the SDX Repository backup folder with my edited version. So no head bashing will occur for now lol.

Edited by wyldwitchykat (see edit history)

Good morning Sphereii

Hoping it is anyway. Question .. With A 17.3 Stable out .."cough" hoping it is.

Anyway .. There are going to mods that are Updating to A 17.3 and there will be some that will not right away still needing A 17.2 ..

Will the Mod Launcher keep the 2 separate as needed or is this going to cause an issue?? Right now I have A 17.2 running .. have any helpful advise for this Old guy ..

The main one I'm thinking will be ( BorderlandZ ) his Stable needs A 17.2 .. But Rucky is updating his Experimental version to A 17.3 and I'm playing both at the moment.

Thank you ahead and Hope you have a good weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Good morning Sphereii

Hoping it is anyway. Question .. With A 17.3 Stable out .."cough" hoping it is.

Anyway .. There are going to mods that are Updating to A 17.3 and there will be some that will not right away still needing A 17.2 ..

Will the Mod Launcher keep the 2 separate as needed or is this going to cause an issue?? Right now I have A 17.2 running .. have any helpful advise for this Old guy ..

The main one I'm thinking will be ( BorderlandZ ) his Stable needs A 17.2 .. But Rucky is updating his Experimental version to A 17.3 and I'm playing both at the moment.

Thank you ahead and Hope you have a good weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Good morning

It depends on how they have their listing configured in the Mod Launcher. If it's two entries, it'll be separate. Otherwise, it'll just be a single entry. You'd have to make a copy of the existing version and not update it.

I leave this sort of thing to the modder, as it may become confusing if they move on to 17.3, and want to get rid of their 17.2 version for whatever reason. Keeping the 17.2 option opens them up possible support challenges that they may not be interested in.

I had issues with localizations too, so I created a script that should help. Try it, maybe it will help you.

The thing is that Mod Launcher (or perhaps SDX itself) keeps rewriting the localization files when it runs, so no matter what you add there, it will be reverted, BUT not when you run the game without Mod Launcher, then you can use your modded localizations just fine.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

I had issues with localizations too, so I created a script that should help. Try it, maybe it will help you.

The thing is that Mod Launcher (or perhaps SDX itself) keeps rewriting the localization files when it runs, so no matter what you add there, it will be reverted, BUT not when you run the game without Mod Launcher, then you can use your modded localizations just fine.

Thanks. I'll check that out. So far my workaround has been working fine though. The backup copy in the SDK Repository is what the mod launcher uses to merge the localization files.

Thanks. I'll check that out. So far my workaround has been working fine though. The backup copy in the SDK Repository is what the mod launcher uses to merge the localization files.

I think DMT has the option to disable the localization merging. When I integrate that into the mod launcher, it'll just be my SDX Localization mod in play then.

Running into an issue getting started with this. Trying to install the 0xp pack, but after successfully installing the vanilla client (either by copy or downloading a fresh copy from steam), the launcher errors with 2-3 dialogue boxes that just say "The system cannot find the file specified". Looking at the log (https://pastebin.com/5qtLqePz), I'm just seeing the same message and some background process failures. Trying to pre-sync the mods doesn't error out, but only the anti nerd pole modlet shows up in Manage Modlets. Other mods are showing up in the folder, but when I run the game they don't appear to be active or working properly outside of the anti nerd pole one, at least as far as i can tell. I also tried another pack, but also got the same error messages when trying to install. I made sure that it's getting through the my firewall, reinstalled the mod launcher (only config change is changing the install directory to another drive), and have tried a few attempts to install, so I'm starting to be at a bit of a loss on what could be causing this, or if this is even unexpected behavior. Any idea what I'm missing?

Running into an issue getting started with this. Trying to install the 0xp pack, but after successfully installing the vanilla client (either by copy or downloading a fresh copy from steam), the launcher errors with 2-3 dialogue boxes that just say "The system cannot find the file specified". Looking at the log (https://pastebin.com/5qtLqePz), I'm just seeing the same message and some background process failures. Trying to pre-sync the mods doesn't error out, but only the anti nerd pole modlet shows up in Manage Modlets. Other mods are showing up in the folder, but when I run the game they don't appear to be active or working properly outside of the anti nerd pole one, at least as far as i can tell. I also tried another pack, but also got the same error messages when trying to install. I made sure that it's getting through the my firewall, reinstalled the mod launcher (only config change is changing the install directory to another drive), and have tried a few attempts to install, so I'm starting to be at a bit of a loss on what could be causing this, or if this is even unexpected behavior. Any idea what I'm missing?

Hmm Looks like the syntax is correct. I wonder if its the spaces in the path for the launcher itself that is causing an issue. Otherwise, it could be something in steam itself that is causing problems.

Hmm Looks like the syntax is correct. I wonder if its the spaces in the path for the launcher itself that is causing an issue. Otherwise, it could be something in steam itself that is causing problems.

I tried removing the spaces in the launcher path with the same issue. I had completely disabled firewall, so that shouldn't be causing an issue. I think that the actual 7d2d install is finishing correctly given the game itself is launching/running fine, so i'm not sure where to look for an issue with steam. It seems like its just the mods themselves. Could it be something having issues connecting to github maybe?

I tried removing the spaces in the launcher path with the same issue. I had completely disabled firewall, so that shouldn't be causing an issue. I think that the actual 7d2d install is finishing correctly given the game itself is launching/running fine, so i'm not sure where to look for an issue with steam. It seems like its just the mods themselves. Could it be something having issues connecting to github maybe?

Try to install a mod, and load it up. If it fails, go to the View menu, then Log files, and click on Upload Log file. Then pass me the pastebin.com link it gives you, and I'll take alook

• Crater Creator changed the title to The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die