The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

I'm sorry, I must have missed this earlier..

That's okay! I tried the suggested fix, no joy - same symptoms. I'm willing to acknowledge it may be my .net config somehow if others aren't getting it, but I can't see anything wrong with .net on my computer at all. If you want to pursue it I'm willing to keep diagnosing with you, or we can just write it off as a quirk. The mod launcher works after you get past the folder selection and error message.

That's okay! I tried the suggested fix, no joy - same symptoms. I'm willing to acknowledge it may be my .net config somehow if others aren't getting it, but I can't see anything wrong with .net on my computer at all. If you want to pursue it I'm willing to keep diagnosing with you, or we can just write it off as a quirk. The mod launcher works after you get past the folder selection and error message.

When you click on the blue folder, does it throw the error first, or when you select a folder?

When you click on the blue folder, does it throw the error first, or when you select a folder?

The error occurs right after I choose the mod install folder with the "Browse for folder" dialog. The launcher never seems to remember which folder mods are installed to (C:\7D2D), and I have to re-select after every launch of the program. So - launch program, prompted for mod install location, click Ok, browse dialog pops up, I choose the C:\7D2D folder, hit Ok, and then see the error dialog.

A friend of mine is having an issue where there is no audio for any modded versions of the game installed with the mod launcher. We've checked that: the output source is correct, made sure that the audio source is valid before launching the game(headphones plugged in before hand), and that the vanilla copy has no issues. I'm at a loss. They're one of the biggest players on the server and I've done all I know to help. The two mods they've tried were Ravenhearst and Darkness Falls. Windows 10 machine. If anybody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Any additional information that's required let me know :) Thanks everybody!

My skill tree doesn’t show up :(

I get “NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. I get access to all my other tabs. I’ve looked through my progression xml, but nothing stood out of the ordinary. Any suggestions??

Is it possible to play with two mods (HDHQ Main pack & Darkness Falls)? If yes how do I do it?

Oh wow, I am very far away. I am so sorry.

Install Darkness Falls, then go into Manage Modlets, which is under the Play button, and search for the HD HQ pack. It may or not may not, but it sould be available.

- - - Updated - - -

A friend of mine is having an issue where there is no audio for any modded versions of the game installed with the mod launcher. We've checked that: the output source is correct, made sure that the audio source is valid before launching the game(headphones plugged in before hand), and that the vanilla copy has no issues. I'm at a loss. They're one of the biggest players on the server and I've done all I know to help. The two mods they've tried were Ravenhearst and Darkness Falls. Windows 10 machine. If anybody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Any additional information that's required let me know :) Thanks everybody!

I have heard of this issue before, but I don't remember what the resolution was for them. Have you tried to check the Run As Admin option in the Mod Launcher?

- - - Updated - - -

I get “NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. I get access to all my other tabs. I’ve looked through my progression xml, but nothing stood out of the ordinary. Any suggestions??

I would need more information, such as your output_log.txt to help out with this.

I found my output log and it’s a lot of information. What’s the best way to share it? Or is there anything I can specifically look for? I notice the xp multiplier lines didn’t match up in a couple instances.

I am trying to add the sorcery modlet to Darkness Falls, when I got this exception notice. I was able to get into the game and all other features worked. I even added a couple other modlets, which may be the problem, because I added just Sorcery modlet onto Ravenhearst and everything worked fine.

I found my output log and it’s a lot of information. What’s the best way to share it? Or is there anything I can specifically look for? I notice the xp multiplier lines didn’t match up in a couple instances.

I am trying to add the sorcery modlet to Darkness Falls, when I got this exception notice. I was able to get into the game and all other features worked. I even added a couple other modlets, which may be the problem, because I added just Sorcery modlet onto Ravenhearst and everything worked fine.

The downside for the Modlets is that they may break other mods, and it can be challenging to find. You can upload the contents of the output log to pastebin.com, and then share the link here.

I was playing Darkness Falls with the Sorcery Modlet, but just this morning when the Modlet Manager refreshed it just stopped showing all but 17 mods? Mostly by Stedman420. Was there something up with github or some kind of compatability issue popping up with the Mod Launcher?

I was playing Darkness Falls with the Sorcery Modlet, but just this morning when the Modlet Manager refreshed it just stopped showing all but 17 mods? Mostly by Stedman420. Was there something up with github or some kind of compatability issue popping up with the Mod Launcher?

Looks like the database got corrupted. I regenerated it, so it should work fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

SOMEONE HELP!!!!! I click on the mod, then to to install game copy from the "copy from existing file'. the file is through c:\programfiles(x86)\steam/steamapps/common/7 days to die. Then I get "error downloading, access to the path c:\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\7days to die\alpha17\borderlandz\borderlandz_stable is denied. I have clicked on the other option "download from steam", it takes forever to download to then get a similar if not the same message. I havnt found anything on this, someone please help me! I want to play these mods so bad!! thanks in advance!

error downloading

I keep getting the error downloading pop up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mod launcher quite a bit but it wont let me download and install any mod. keeps saying access is denied. I've tried a lot on my end, tips please!! also I will "download through steam" takes forever to do and then it still wont work! I will get the same or similar message. The error message is "error downloading; access to the path 'c:\program_files_(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\7_days_to_die\alpha17\borderlandz\borderlandz_stable' is denied. I have tried a lot and havnt been able to fine anything online to help me. It does this with all the mods. Im not sure if its something on my end or what.

Good day Sphereii

I have a question .. on WinterProject A 17 on the launcher

I tried to play it in the 2K version and it would not launch .. took better than 20 minutes just to install .. but finally did .. Pre-sync .. Hit play .. the fun pimps screen came up and went away .. got the music .. but only thing I had was a black screen after and waited about 5 minutes and nothing .. is it not compatible with A 17.2 or is it only A 17

Thank you and have a great weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Good day Sphereii

I have a question .. on WinterProject A 17 on the launcher

I tried to play it in the 2K version and it would not launch .. took better than 20 minutes just to install .. but finally did .. Pre-sync .. Hit play .. the fun pimps screen came up and went away .. got the music .. but only thing I had was a black screen after and waited about 5 minutes and nothing .. is it not compatible with A 17.2 or is it only A 17

Thank you and have a great weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Was EAC enabled? I do believe its updated to 17.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to download mods to a different hard drive? Steam version is on D drive and when I download a mod it installs in my C drive with no option (that I can see) to change it.

I'm sorry, I missed this.

Click on the "Starting Splash Screen" and click on the Blue Folder. It will let you change the path.

Thank you sphereii for the reply .. Nope never use EAC

I will try again .. maybe I just a bad install and like I said it took forever to just load up.

I did uninstall all .. so lets hope on the retry. Will let you know if same issue pops up. Have a great weekend :02.47-tranquillity:

Edit with a PS: I think I found the problem is with the 2k part of the mod .. Dust2Death under minimum requirements … SSD a must .. and that is a First ..

Mod Launcher itself is on my Steam Game Drive and is a 500gb SSD .. but all the mods go to and loaded on Storage Drive 2 TB HD 7200 and never had an issue, even with other 2k games that required a lot of space.

So I'm guessing Vanilla version will run, just not 2 or 4k version. Kinda a bummer.

1 more edit .. my Ravenhearst 2k runs just fine .. don't understand why the difference. Any Hints :smile-new:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I just realized that some mods provide those localization text files which don't really affect the game until manually added to the original localization text files of the base game! And I was wondering why I have to read incomprehensive gibberish tongue-breaking walls of text in my modded games! What a bummer - Modders can affect the content of the game without messing up the original files, but they can't do the same with localization text files? How are we non-modders supposed to even know that we are supposed to manually add each and every text file into the original one and most importantly, how do we do that safely if we have a lot of mods installed? Sphereii, do you think you could add a feature that would take care of this for us into the Mod Launcher?

What kind of mod and where do I get it? Is it this SphereII Mod Localization Hook? That makes sense now why it exists lol thanks.

Yes, it's the SphereII Mod Localization. Changes the mod into an SDX mod, and allows merging.