The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

i do have another question, when i go to load other mods (on my computer) it always seems to launch TrueSurvival, i wanted to try other mods out individually, but kept getting loaded into TS. Also, for some reason if i go to simple mode, all the mods have the green check next to them. Is that supposed to happen?

i do have another question, when i go to load other mods (on my computer) it always seems to launch TrueSurvival, i wanted to try other mods out individually, but kept getting loaded into TS. Also, for some reason if i go to simple mode, all the mods have the green check next to them. Is that supposed to happen?

Simple Mode installs the mod in your steam folder, over top of any other mods. It doesn't really clean up after itself, since it really doesn't know what the mods are actually changing.

The Green icon just indicates that the folder is ready to have the mod installed, ie 7daystodie.exe exists. If it's red, in Advanced Mode, it means the target folder doesn't exist, and the Launcher will create a copy of the game before applying the mod.

If all mods are loading up True Survival, I'm wondering if True Survival is installed in your Steam folder. You can go to your steam folder, and just delete the 7days to die folder, then have steam re-validate and re-download everything.

If you re-validate without deleting, it will just update and reset all the files from Steam; it won't remove extra files it finds.

Simple Mode installs the mod in your steam folder, over top of any other mods. It doesn't really clean up after itself, since it really doesn't know what the mods are actually changing.

The Green icon just indicates that the folder is ready to have the mod installed, ie 7daystodie.exe exists. If it's red, in Advanced Mode, it means the target folder doesn't exist, and the Launcher will create a copy of the game before applying the mod.

If all mods are loading up True Survival, I'm wondering if True Survival is installed in your Steam folder. You can go to your steam folder, and just delete the 7days to die folder, then have steam re-validate and re-download everything.

If you re-validate without deleting, it will just update and reset all the files from Steam; it won't remove extra files it finds.

Thanks, i'll have to try that, i got her game loaded up and am still receiving the same, error, so im going to just start over from a blank slate and hope for the best, if i get it working, i'll let you know just in case you find other people in the future with this problem.

@Sphereii

It may be time to get rid of Simple Mode. Just a thought (that I'm sure you've had).

Simple mode wasn't added until much further in development at the request of a modder who felt it would be simpler. However, SDX and other complicated mods basically means the Simple mode is past its time to shine, and isn't practical anymore.

I don't know if anyone is using it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

sphereii

I have a question .. Isn't the launcher suppose to auto update to newest version of mod automatically??

I've been playing "War of the Walkers" and I have noticed a newer version has been out for awhile .. my version is 4.4.2(Stable) r4/14/2017

and the newer version is 4.4.3(Stable) r4/20/2017 OR does it only update for a new game and not a game that is running ??

Hope you can help on this ... Other than that everything is still running great. Enjoy

sphereii

I have a question .. Isn't the launcher suppose to auto update to newest version of mod automatically??

I've been playing "War of the Walkers" and I have noticed a newer version has been out for awhile .. my version is 4.4.2(Stable) r4/14/2017

and the newer version is 4.4.3(Stable) r4/20/2017 OR does it only update for a new game and not a game that is running ??

Hope you can help on this ... Other than that everything is still running great. Enjoy

Hey gpcstargate

Glad it's working well for you. The Mod Launcher updates every time you play, and I think you are playing the latest version it has access too.

I looked at War Of the Walkers, and it's pointing to this download location: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod/

I'm thinking maybe dwallorde hasn't updated that link with the new version of the mod yet. Might be worth mentioning to him; maybe he's forgotten, or maybe he has changed his download links. If he has changed his download link, then I can update where the Mod Launcher is looking.

For me or you too say something to him. I can if you wish Thanks

I'll stay on for a bit and refresh page.

EDIT .... I COPIED and pasted to his site, Hope that is OK

No problem. I'll watch his thread in case he has any questions. He created a special repos for the Mod Launcher, so it was probably overlooked.

No problem. I'll watch his thread in case he has any questions. He created a special repos for the Mod Launcher, so it was probably overlooked.

THANK YOU for posting to dwallorde site .. hopefully we can get it straighten out.

I don't want to update from his site .. because it could adversely hurt the launcher or the game.

Anyway have a great weekend and Enjoy :tickled_pink:

quick question as i didn't see the answer in my brief read through of this post

but can you select multiple mods to combine them to launch in the game playthrough?

like adding ValMods and Prefabs mods?

Hey NeKo

The Mod Launcher won't automatically combine different mods of your choosing. The mods are complicated and have a lot of links to all the files. However, I have made (and tested) different combinations already.

If you look under "7Days2Mod CompoPack, then you'll see Valmar's various mods that have been setup to work with the CompoPack.

hi guys, I am having trouble getting the 7D2D Mod launcher to work. It doesn't seem to want to copy my files. I am a novice when it comes to computers so bare with me please. I keep getting this??

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\7D2D\Dawn_of_the_New_Apocalypse\DONA_True_Survival_SDX_PVE_Server

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Backgroud Task Failed

I am sure I am doing something dumb here that's hopefully obvious to others

please help

hi guys, I am having trouble getting the 7D2D Mod launcher to work. It doesn't seem to want to copy my files. I am a novice when it comes to computers so bare with me please. I keep getting this??

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\7D2D\Dawn_of_the_New_Apocalypse\DONA_True_Survival_SDX_PVE_Server

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Backgroud Task Failed

I am sure I am doing something dumb here that's hopefully obvious to others

please help

Hey man, sorry you are having trouble. I didn't see this post until now.

For errors, this is a new one for me. Did you have the game already open, like running 7daystodie.exe?

hi thanks for your reply

No the game was open. I didn't even have steam open. I've tried it multiple ways and nothing makes a difference.

very frustrated right now but I appreciate your reply

cheers

Was there anything else in the log file? Other than background task failed? Which version of Windows are you running? Do you have local administrator privs?

• 1 month later...
What are the version named to download from steam ?

For example I tryed Latest but it doesn't download the experimental b113 one :(

Also if you don't set a path in copy from, then it generate an exception in download from steam.

"Latest" is the latest stable version, which is Alpha 15.2. you want latest_experimental for b113.

I'll take a look at the exception and fix it for the next release :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day sphereii

Been a while .. I was wondering, what will happen since " Alpha 16 Stable " .. has just been released today with the launcher .. Do we need 2 sets of files in the Steam folder until the modders have a chance to update their mods OR can we redirect location of launcher to see where A15.2 file is.

I think I said that right and hope you can figure out what old gamer is trying to ask ... in short . A16 Stable verse A15.2

Anyway .. I will check back later to see what yours thoughts are on this subject and I already checked your Homepage this morning, didn't see anything yet.

Enjoy your day and thank you

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Good Day sphereii

Been a while .. I was wondering, what will happen since " Alpha 16 Stable " .. has just been released today with the launcher .. Do we need 2 sets of files in the Steam folder until the modders have a chance to update their mods OR can we redirect location of launcher to see where A15.2 file is.

I think I said that right and hope you can figure out what old gamer is trying to ask ... in short . A16 Stable verse A15.2

Anyway .. I will check back later to see what yours thoughts are on this subject and I already checked your Homepage this morning, didn't see anything yet.

Enjoy your day and thank you

Hello gpcstargate :) Good to see you again.

The Mod Launcher requires no update itself to support Alpha 16.x, since it just simply copies the files.

However, the current mod list is still Alpha 15.2, as you expect. If you have already created a Valmod Overhaul + CompoPack for A15.2, that will still work! The Mod Launcher makes a copy of the game for each mod, and it's isolated from your steam folder, which is now at 16.x. You may want to uncheck "Refesh Mods Automatically".

The modders have not been able to update or release their new versions yet, but these will trickle in over the next few days or weeks. It's still unclear if Modders will create new Github depots for their new versions, or if they'll just re-use their existing depots from 15.x.

I'll continue to monitor the modders threads and update the Default Config files if needed. It will be awkward, however, as some mods will be updated for Alpha 16, while others would still need 15.2, and I haven't figured a way around that.

For example, I could just dump all the Configs now, and just re-add anything that is Alpha 16 compatible. Then, as new mods appear, you know they work with the latest.

But if you are still playing on Alpha 15.2, and I remove the Configs, you won't be able to play it anymore (unless you manually run 7daystodie.exe).

Some mods will be removed, and may not appear again. Prefab packs like MegaCity didn't really work well with A15.x, and won't work at all for A16, so that one will just be removed.

Valmar seems almost ready, and will likely be the first one out of the gate.

I'll create a post here, and tweet for each Mod that is 16.x compatible, and hopefully have the mod list cleaned up within a week or two.

Thank You sphereii

You are by far the most responsive person on the forum and That was fast.

I'll keep an eye out for A16 stuff .. But haven't played that much because of A16 dropping any day and finally has .. I will be back into the game more so now. Hope the Fun Pimp's got most of the bug's worked out.

AND So I can go ahead and let Steam download the game into folder with hopefully no problems and the launcher will sort. Great

Just a thought .. Valmod and War of the Walkers are my main 2 games that I play.

Have a great day and thank you again

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)