The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

7 minutes ago, minersdreams said:

I have avast that could be blocking it, and I have tried rebooting and reinstalling the launcher completley and still get the error.

Also when I go to install and run the launchersetup installer Microsoft defender smartscreen tries and prevents it but i run it anyway.

Do you feel comfortable adding it to avast's white list to see if that helps?

Just now, sphereii said:

Have you tried to run the mod launcher as an Administrator?

no, i don't have the option to run it as an Administrator when i right click it.

Just now, sphereii said:

Have you tried to run the mod launcher as an Administrator?

yes i just ran it as an administrator and i still get the error.

10 hours ago, minersdreams said:

no, i don't have the option to run it as an Administrator when i right click it.

yes i just ran it as an administrator and i still get the error.

Something is still blocking it. If I had to guess, Avast was still trying to get its fingers involved and blocking that path.

6 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Hi Sphereii!

I plan to return to the Launcher after 19.2 stable.

Now i have to finish the English localization, then i will upload the files.

I prepared my gitlab and xml-file: https://gitlab.com/n2n1/Classic-Style-Hardcore-MOD

As i understand it, i can adjust the description for the mod myself at any time via this xml ?

Looking forward to your return! Your configuration looks great. I would suggest a change to the Version. This is meant to help users know which version of the game to use. 

<Version>Latest</Version>  will tell the mod launcher use to the latest version from Steam download.   <Version>alpha19.0</Version> will tell it use that version.

Probably a basic question but I read through many pages and didn't see an easy answer. I use 7d2d mod launcher for many mods and it is awesome. I want to use it for playing a game with a friend on a19 experimental.  It doesn't seem to autoupdate when experimental updates.  What do I need to do to update to latest experimental? (I am also hosting the game) I thought about redownloading but I don't want to wipe save games. 

Thanks

14 hours ago, minersdreams said:

I am mainly just want to be able to run alpha 19 mods but it doesn't show up.

I am not familiar with all that is installed on your PC, but the error message indicates something is still blocking the mod launcher.

8 hours ago, vyrank said:

Probably a basic question but I read through many pages and didn't see an easy answer. I use 7d2d mod launcher for many mods and it is awesome. I want to use it for playing a game with a friend on a19 experimental.  It doesn't seem to autoupdate when experimental updates.  What do I need to do to update to latest experimental? (I am also hosting the game) I thought about redownloading but I don't want to wipe save games. 

Thanks

You would need to re-install and re-download the latest experimental. Part of the feature of the mod launcher is that it preserves the state of your game + mod version, without getting auto-updates from the base game. Unfortunately, that works against playing latest_experimental, where we actually want to see the updates.

12 hours ago, sphereii said:

I am not familiar with all that is installed on your PC, but the error message indicates something is still blocking the mod launcher.

You would need to re-install and re-download the latest experimental. Part of the feature of the mod launcher is that it preserves the state of your game + mod version, without getting auto-updates from the base game. Unfortunately, that works against playing latest_experimental, where we actually want to see the updates.

So that would entail a delete downloads and then a reinstall?  I assume since I have SAVE ALL GAMES LOCAL TO MOD I don't want to do a delete complete.  So if I just delete downloads and then reinstall the latest experimental I just be updated and my save game should still be there?

Thanks for the help and a great tool.

@sphereii, after installing Ravenhearst from the Launcher, I'm having the following issue after clicking on "manage modlets":

System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.ReadLocalModInfo(String strReadFile, String Filter) na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 849
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.FindLocalUnlistedMods(DataTable dt) na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 269
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.SetDataTableToGrid(DataTable dt) na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 204
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.RefreshGrid() na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 190
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.frmModDownloader_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e) na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 104
   em System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

image.thumb.png.518d338a6023acccdc241d72b13498ff.png

Where you read "linha" means "line"

Can you help me to fix it ?

obs: I've already tried to run as admin

tks

20 hours ago, vyrank said:

So that would entail a delete downloads and then a reinstall?  I assume since I have SAVE ALL GAMES LOCAL TO MOD I don't want to do a delete complete.  So if I just delete downloads and then reinstall the latest experimental I just be updated and my save game should still be there?

Thanks for the help and a great tool.

Sorry for the delay. Save games are in the game folder, but outside of it, so you should be safe.

29 minutes ago, strummer_92 said:

@sphereii, after installing Ravenhearst from the Launcher, I'm having the following issue after clicking on "manage modlets":

System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.ReadLocalModInfo(String strReadFile, String Filter) na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 849
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.FindLocalUnlistedMods(DataTable dt) na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 269
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.SetDataTableToGrid(DataTable dt) na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 204
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.RefreshGrid() na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 190
   em _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.frmModDownloader_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e) na C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:linha 104
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

image.thumb.png.518d338a6023acccdc241d72b13498ff.png

Where you read "linha" means "line"

Can you help me to fix it ?

obs: I've already tried to run as admin

tks

There's a non-standard modlet in Ravenhearst with upper nodes. Take a look in the Mods/0-Ravenhearst_BookRemoval's ModInfo.xml, and change the <Robobear> to <xml>, with a matching </xml>

25 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Sorry for the delay. Save games are in the game folder, but outside of it, so you should be safe.

There's a non-standard modlet in Ravenhearst with upper nodes. Take a look in the Mods/0-Ravenhearst_BookRemoval's ModInfo.xml, and change the <Robobear> to <xml>, with a matching </xml>

Not sure if I did something wrong, but the error persists:

************** Texto de Exceção **************

Also, made the change as said:

image.thumb.png.3fdf436c7012810d362477cf39fab585.png

2 minutes ago, strummer_92 said:

Not sure if I did something wrong, but the error persists:

************** Texto de Exceção **************

Also, made the change as said:

image.thumb.png.3fdf436c7012810d362477cf39fab585.png

YOu change looks fine. There's probably another modlet in there with a similar problem

Question: Is there a link/docs that describe what files needs to exist to get a modlet in a "launcher compatible format"? I'm thinking of requesting some be listed in the launcher.

Details:

I've looked around and I've found several different formats/explanations for launcher compatible mods and I'm not sure what's "current". There's this link How to make a Mod Launcher Configuration File but I've also seen references to people making a "mod.xml" file inside their modlet that has a different format than "ModInfo.xml" (they use both files?) and they don't have a mod launcher configuration file in their repo, and some people seem to be just using "ModInfo.xml"?

Note: I have all my modlets in different Github repos, if that changes anything. I make a github "release" for every version that is compatible with the game, so if someone wants to play game version, say, a18.2 they can (in theory) manually clone a specific modlet release for a18.2 if I have one.  I feel this setup means I should probably make a repository for just the single mod launcher Configuration File that points to all the modlets I want to list (and in each listing for the modlet, I can put the last supported game version of each modlet?). Do I have to do anything special inside each modlet's folder, like make changes to ModInfo.xml, or have another xml file just for the launcher in each modlet?

I feel like I'm making things too complicated, but I also don't want to break anything if people start using my modlets in the launcher and I start making updates to my modlets

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

Question: Is there a link/docs that describe what files needs to exist to get a modlet in a "launcher compatible format"? I'm thinking of requesting some be listed in the launcher.

Details:

I've looked around and I've found several different formats/explanations for launcher compatible mods and I'm not sure what's "current". There's this link How to make a Mod Launcher Configuration File but I've also seen references to people making a "mod.xml" file inside their modlet that has a different format than "ModInfo.xml" (they use both files?) and they don't have a mod launcher configuration file in their repo, and some people seem to be just using "ModInfo.xml"?

Note: I have all my modlets in different Github repos, if that changes anything. I make a github "release" for every version that is compatible with the game, so if someone wants to play game version, say, a18.2 they can (in theory) manually clone a specific modlet release for a18.2 if I have one.  I feel this setup means I should probably make a repository for just the single mod launcher Configuration File that points to all the modlets I want to list (and in each listing for the modlet, I can put the last supported game version of each modlet?). Do I have to do anything special inside each modlet's folder, like make changes to ModInfo.xml, or have another xml file just for the launcher in each modlet?

I feel like I'm making things too complicated, but I also don't want to break anything if people start using my modlets in the launcher and I start making updates to my modlets

The mod launcher isn't that fancy.  What it does for modlet is index github or gitlab repos. It doesn't look for releases, but you could have a different repo for each Alpha18, Alpha 19, etc. 

For example, here's one of my smaller ones: https://github.com/7D2DMods/Mods

The mod launcher has that path, and finds all the ModInfo.xmls for that.