The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Hi Sphereii, 

There is only one instance of this issue that sounds similar with the Mod Launcher upon searching the thread (here) ... I use 'Save All Games Local to Mod' option. 

Issue caused by selecting "Pre-Sync Mod" - the other alternative "Refresh Mods Automatically" also triggers the following popup error:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\Undead_Legacy\Mods\UndeadLegacy\Resources\desktop.ini' is denied.

If I don't select those options I can load into the game but now have to download files manually. It seems to be Mod Launcher related but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Full log of exception - https://pastebin.com/adcWkM0p

Thanks

Edited by SMiThaYe
Separate NREs not related to launcher (see edit history)

On 5/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, SMiThaYe said:

Hi Sphereii, 

There is only one instance of this issue that sounds similar with the Mod Launcher upon searching the thread (here) ... I use 'Save All Games Local to Mod' option. 

Issue caused by selecting "Pre-Sync Mod" - the other alternative "Refresh Mods Automatically" also triggers the following popup error:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\Undead_Legacy\Mods\UndeadLegacy\Resources\desktop.ini' is denied.

If I don't select those options I can load into the game but now have to download files manually. It seems to be Mod Launcher related but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Full log of exception - https://pastebin.com/adcWkM0p

Thanks

The system must be seeing that desktop.ini is in the download package, and is treating it as special. Maybe check in with Subquake? You are also using My Mods, which isn't as fully featured as using a configuration link. 

5 hours ago, RuttedLightning said:

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot.  I play 7d2d with a controller, and when playing vanilla my controller works fine, however every mod from the launcher won't recognize my controller.  Is there a work around for this in the launcher?

Have you tried adding the 7D2D Mod Launcher to steam as a non-steam game, and launching from there with Big Picture Mode? This is what my wife does for her Steam Controller.

Due to recent changes on GitLab, some people are having download issues (most notably Darkness Falls / Ravenhearst ). 

Random errors would happen during Pre-Sync, ranging from index errors to time outs. This occurs mostly when internet access is fairly slow and the mod is rather large. I have added an experimental feature to the mod launcher in order to address this, and I am looking for volunteers to try out a beta version, regardless if you are experiencing trouble downloading now.

https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/raw/master/Beta-SetupInstaller.msi

Next to the Pre-Sync button is a checkbox called Experimental Features. If you select that, it'll use another method to download the mods, opening up another window to show progress. It also uses another way of copying files over.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jeff,

Just filing a bug report. When you're installing mod launcher and change the install location for mods, it looks for some .cs files on **YOUR** machine (aka not my machine). This of course results in some null reference exceptions because I don't have a user on my machine named "Jeff" nor do I have your project files at C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\

Thanks for the work you do.

ETA: This is the installer file located at https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/blob/master/SetupInstaller.msi?raw=true linked from the mod launcher site.

Second Edit: Your installer linked above does the exact same thing (https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/raw/master/Beta-SetupInstaller.msi).

Edited by Ranzera (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Ranzera said:

Hey Jeff,

Just filing a bug report. When you're installing mod launcher and change the install location for mods, it looks for some .cs files on **YOUR** machine (aka not my machine). This of course results in some null reference exceptions because I don't have a user on my machine named "Jeff" nor do I have your project files at C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\

Thanks for the work you do.

ETA: This is the installer file located at https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/blob/master/SetupInstaller.msi?raw=true linked from the mod launcher site.

Second Edit: Your installer linked above does the exact same thing (https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/raw/master/Beta-SetupInstaller.msi).

null refs show backtraces, and that changes depending on which of my machines I do the build on. Nothing should be dependent on it.

The Beta-SetupInstaller actually uses PortableGit, rather than the third-party library to perform the cloning. It's a beta because I'm waiting for feed back for people who were having trouble downloading DarknessFalls and Ravenhearst when they are on slow internet connections. It also uses RoboCopy to transfer files over, so it's faster and smarter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sphereii,

Wow,  this mod launcher looks awesome! Ive been playing 7DTD almost since release, and only played single player once (over 5000 hours on steam too!). I have always played it on joining modded servers that already existed. Now I am interested in playing a very modded singleplayer game, and this looks like the best way to go. 

However, I also want to continue playing on my favorite modded server, if I do this, will the mods I installed for singleplayer have any conflicts there? I see in the launcher under "The Fun Pimps" an Alpha 18.4 "mod" that it has a choice to either "copy from an existing copy" or "download from steam" option.  Is this creating a completely separate game that can be played alongside the regular unmodded game that I can use to play singleplayer modded. Then switch over to unmodded and play on an existing multiplayer server? 

If so, is there a tutorial on how to do this? Or will  I have to only play one or the other?

Thank you for your help!

EDIT:  I thought I put this in the 7D2D Mod Launcher section!! Can an Moderator move it there? Sorry!

Edited by Hogweed (see edit history)

Hi Sphereii,

Wow,  this mod launcher looks awesome! Ive been playing 7DTD almost since release, and only played single player once (over 5000 hours on steam too!). I have always played it on joining modded servers that already existed. Now I am interested in playing a very modded singleplayer game, and this looks like the best way to go. 

However, I also want to continue playing on my favorite modded server, if I do this, will the mods I installed for singleplayer have any conflicts there? I see in the launcher under "The Fun Pimps" an Alpha 18.4 "mod" that it has a choice to either "copy from an existing copy" or "download from steam" option.  Is this creating a completely separate game that can be played alongside the regular unmodded game that I can use to play singleplayer modded. Then switch over to unmodded and play on an existing multiplayer server? 

If so, is there a tutorial on how to do this? Or will  I have to only play one or the other?

Thank you for your help!

On 6/21/2020 at 4:09 PM, Hogweed said:

Hi Sphereii,

Thank you for your help!

EDIT:  I thought I put this in the 7D2D Mod Launcher section!! Can an Moderator move it there? Sorry!

The modlauncher creates a new instance of the game with the mod. If you use the modlauncher to launch your game you will play the modded version you selected. If you open Steam and launch from there you will get the vanilla game. If you use the modlauncher to install a different mod then that will be another instance of the game and you could play all three on your computer simply by launching the game from Steam or from the mod launcher.

15 hours ago, sphereii said:

New Update: 2.1.20

- Added Experimental Git Support
- Added performance enhancement for Modlets
- New support for DMT A19

Hey sphereii, do you perhaps have a fixed version of Legacy Terrain for A18 Darkness Falls?

The current one has weird glitches.

22 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

Hey sphereii, do you perhaps have a fixed version of Legacy Terrain for A18 Darkness Falls?

The current one has weird glitches.

There's no plans on improving Legacy Terrain currently. What are the weird glitches you are seeing? I'm only aware of the weird circles on some flowers in the terrain block.

Just now, sphereii said:

There's no plans on improving Legacy Terrain currently. What are the weird glitches you are seeing? I'm only aware of the weird circles on some flowers in the terrain block.

Last i checked on A18 darkness falls with your mod, it causes half the sky to have texture glitches and terrain not to load in, that's why Khaine over in darkness falls (the creator) stopped using legacy terain, too many people complained about it.

5 minutes ago, darknightbacca said:

Last i checked on A18 darkness falls with your mod, it causes half the sky to have texture glitches and terrain not to load in, that's why Khaine over in darkness falls (the creator) stopped using legacy terain, too many people complained about it.

Odd, I've used it in several mods without seeing that type of issue.

Hey Sphereii,

I'm pretty new to both 7d2d and your mod launcher. I love it btw! The issue I'm looking for guidance on is my steam version is the latest A19 release but Darkness Falls only runs on 18.4. How do I/can i run it without rolling back on steam? I see the ability to download different versions in the mod launcher itself but i was unsure if that would help? Thanks in advance and thanks for creating this program!

8 hours ago, WickesGuru said:

Hey Sphereii,

I'm pretty new to both 7d2d and your mod launcher. I love it btw! The issue I'm looking for guidance on is my steam version is the latest A19 release but Darkness Falls only runs on 18.4. How do I/can i run it without rolling back on steam? I see the ability to download different versions in the mod launcher itself but i was unsure if that would help? Thanks in advance and thanks for creating this program!

When you go to Darkness Falls, select Download From Steam, rather than Copy From Local. This will allow you to pick alpha18.4, enter your steam credentials, and download it fresh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sphereii said:

Do you have a mod pack hosted somewhere on github or gitlab?

Nope, but it would be easy enough to do it. :D  Once I do that, is it hard to get my server added?  Because there are a bunch of mods I'd like to use on my server, but helping everyone download and install everything one person at a time is a pain.