The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

I dont know what changed but i cant download any Mod anymore around 93-94% it stops and the Log only says this:

INFO 7 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Warning: Download attempt failed. Will retry...
INFO 7 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - LibGit2Sharp.LibGit2SharpException: unknown certificate check failure
   bei LibGit2Sharp.Core.Ensure.HandleError(Int32 result)
   bei LibGit2Sharp.Core.Proxy.git_clone(String url, String workdir, GitCloneOptions& opts)
   bei LibGit2Sharp.Repository.Clone(String sourceUrl, String workdirPath, CloneOptions options)
   bei _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.bgWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:Zeile 2853.

In this Case it was Darkness Falls but same with War of the Walker etc.

Full Log attached

Reinstalled your ModLauncher and 7D2D completly after really getting rid of everything from both.

7D2DLauncher.txt

1 hour ago, Spikebhaal said:

I dont know what changed but i cant download any Mod anymore around 93-94% it stops and the Log only says this:

INFO 7 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Warning: Download attempt failed. Will retry...
INFO 7 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - LibGit2Sharp.LibGit2SharpException: unknown certificate check failure
   bei LibGit2Sharp.Core.Ensure.HandleError(Int32 result)
   bei LibGit2Sharp.Core.Proxy.git_clone(String url, String workdir, GitCloneOptions& opts)
   bei LibGit2Sharp.Repository.Clone(String sourceUrl, String workdirPath, CloneOptions options)
   bei _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.bgWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:Zeile 2853.

In this Case it was Darkness Falls but same with War of the Walker etc.

Full Log attached

Reinstalled your ModLauncher and 7D2D completly after really getting rid of everything from both.

7D2DLauncher.txt 36.27 kB · 0 downloads

This seems to be another gitlab issue. Both are hosted on Gitlab. 

Can you click on Delete Downloads, then click on Experimental Features, then try to pre-sync again?

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, AccountForDownloadOneMod said:

oh god lord this modloader is soo broken and useless, 

Sorry but judging from my 15 years experience from modding other games...

Thank you for your valuable and in-depth feedback. As always, feedback is always welcome. Please feel free to take a look at Vortex  as an alternative: https://www.nexusmods.com/about/vortex/

SphereII thanks for the Modlauncher.  It saves my sanity as I try to get my extended and sometimes very distant family playing mods together. The mods and Fun Pimps do update frequently so I know sometimes that it is challenging to keep all  of that up to date.  What I find most useful and helpful it the text in the MOD boxes. I am not sure if you are the mod creator keep that up to date but when it say.. MOD built for 19.2 version XX  that helps. As fast as Fun Pimps put out new versions it sometimes causes wrong version to be downloaded but this allows us to use mod launcher and easily fix that.

Thanks again for a great product. Sending a donation now!

Edited by vyrank (see edit history)

2 hours ago, RuttedLightning said:

Is there a fix so my controller will work.  Base game is fine, but not one mod downloaded from the launcher will recognize my controller

My wife uses a controller. I asked what she does:

1) Add 7D2D Mod Launcher to Steam as a non-Steam game

2) Start Steam Big Picture

3) Launch 7D2D Mod Launcher from Steam

4) Launch modded Game.

She did say that sometimes it doesn't work, but a reboot of her computer makes it work the second time.

She is not sure if it works better if the controller is on before seeing the menu of 7 Days To Die or not, so it may need some experimenting.

2 hours ago, vyrank said:

SphereII thanks for the Modlauncher.  It saves my sanity as I try to get my extended and sometimes very distant family playing mods together. The mods and Fun Pimps do update frequently so I know sometimes that it is challenging to keep all  of that up to date.  What I find most useful and helpful it the text in the MOD boxes. I am not sure if you are the mod creator keep that up to date but when it say.. MOD built for 19.2 version XX  that helps. As fast as Fun Pimps put out new versions it sometimes causes wrong version to be downloaded but this allows us to use mod launcher and easily fix that.

Thanks again for a great product. Sending a donation now!

Thank you for your kind words.  That description is managed by the modder, so it's not uniformly used, but I agree it does help.

6 hours ago, Realism51 said:

So I am wondering, is there  a way to install location of mod other than the base C drive. Im running out of room and I like to keep my games on my gaming SSD, which is set to A

Click on the Starting Splash Screen, then click on the Blue Folder. You Can select a new location. After you set it, you can copy the files manually from C:\ to the new location.

On 1/13/2021 at 4:12 AM, sphereii said:

Click on the Starting Splash Screen, then click on the Blue Folder. You Can select a new location. After you set it, you can copy the files manually from C:\ to the new location.

You sir, are a god among mortals and zombies.  Thank you

Hello sphereii!

I would like You to check my xml when You have time: https://gitlab.com/n2n1/Classic-Style-Hardcore-MOD/-/blob/master/CSH.xml

The fact is that i added another option to download via the ModLauncher - "Adjusted Textures".

But I don't fully understand how this will work - i'm not quite sure what instructions in xml i should still change, and whether this is even possible. Will it be loaded into an already loaded mod?

Or at least leave just showing the link (without automatic loading).

The bottom line is that i have a large resource that replaces the vanilla one to make optional changes. Installing it is optional, it is not necessary so i did not include it in the main mod. I would like those interested to be able to download it separately.

Thank You for Utility - it helps people a lot!  Even those people who do not know about the official forum know about ModLauncher!

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Hello sphereii!

I would like You to check my xml when You have time: https://gitlab.com/n2n1/Classic-Style-Hardcore-MOD/-/blob/master/CSH.xml

The fact is that i added another option to download via the ModLauncher - "Adjusted Textures".

But I don't fully understand how this will work - i'm not quite sure what instructions in xml i should still change, and whether this is even possible. Will it be loaded into an already loaded mod?

Or at least leave just showing the link (without automatic loading).

The bottom line is that i have a large resource that replaces the vanilla one to make optional changes. Installing it is optional, it is not necessary so i did not include it in the main mod. I would like those interested to be able to download it separately.

Thank You for Utility - it helps people a lot!  Even those people who do not know about the official forum know about ModLauncher!

Hi n2n1

The mod launcher will probably have trouble downloading the yadi link.  Can you create another gitlab repository, and add the files, in the right folder structure?

Data/Bundles/...

If you can do that, then you can make your second entry in the CHS.xml to be the same as the first one, but with a change to your Downloads:

<Downloads>
		<Download>https://gitlab.com/n2n1/Classic-Style-Hardcore-MOD</Download>
  		<Download>https://gitlab.com/n2n1/Adjusted-Textures</Download>
</Downloads>

This will allow the Mod Launcher to download both.

heya sphereii, sorry for the long delay in response.. when my friend updated his windows it fixed the issue. not sure how far back his windows was but i have to say that was a weird issue, easy fix, but weird nonetheless.. ^5 for all the work ya do

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a strange issue- when i (re)install the launcher it starts with no issue, however whenever I  try and relaunch the launcher after that I get the following error:

Error Message

This happens whether or not hte launcher is started as administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling it resets it to the first condition, however every time it then subsequently gives this error.  WIndows 10x64 os in use

1 hour ago, DrOlerif said:

I am having a strange issue- when i (re)install the launcher it starts with no issue, however whenever I  try and relaunch the launcher after that I get the following error:

Error Message

This happens whether or not hte launcher is started as administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling it resets it to the first condition, however every time it then subsequently gives this error.  WIndows 10x64 os in use

Any anti-virus software? I'm wondering if its getting attacked the second time it starts and files are being deleted.

Sorry to trouble you @sphereii,i had a question...as i understand it , "sphereii core" contains scripts for the DMT NPC mod from Xyth. Is there any update or changes coming in future and will these mods be always supported? it seems 7dtd updates are great at breaking mods and i rely heavily on the NPC mod to enjoy the game,so i hope theres some way to continually use them.

I tried using a version of NPCs that were alpha 18 and sphereii core from Alpha18 but the launcher couldnt compile them(something about SDX) I had the launcher drop down option also on Alpha18. So im not sure why it couldnt compile.

Basically im looking for a way to "safegaurd" these mods,or "futureproof" them. As they are important to me in terms of playing this game. Anyway to do that?

19 hours ago, Redarmy45 said:

Sorry to trouble you @sphereii,i had a question...as i understand it , "sphereii core" contains scripts for the DMT NPC mod from Xyth. Is there any update or changes coming in future and will these mods be always supported? it seems 7dtd updates are great at breaking mods and i rely heavily on the NPC mod to enjoy the game,so i hope theres some way to continually use them.

I tried using a version of NPCs that were alpha 18 and sphereii core from Alpha18 but the launcher couldnt compile them(something about SDX) I had the launcher drop down option also on Alpha18. So im not sure why it couldnt compile.

Basically im looking for a way to "safegaurd" these mods,or "futureproof" them. As they are important to me in terms of playing this game. Anyway to do that?

And I'm sorry for the delay in answering. I am not on the PC for that much.

You are asking for something that is very challenging; future proofing an evolving mod against an evolving game. While you may not see me post here, I am working on various other projects related to modding. Rest assured, the SphereII Core and the NPCs will stay around as long as possible, and be maintained by us.

The mod launcher will continually move forward as well. It is not my expectation that old sphereii core would be compilable under the current mod launcher, as it needs to keep pace with the latest versions as a priority over legacy stuff. When we new version of SDX, or DMT comes out, then the mod launcher is updated and the older stuff can start failing.

To get around that, I'd suggest taking a bit of time learning how to use DMT and building yourself, if using the older software is your concern. NPCs in A19 are far better than their A18 brethren, but admittedly some features were retired.

On 2/14/2021 at 9:57 PM, sphereii said:

And I'm sorry for the delay in answering. I am not on the PC for that much.

You are asking for something that is very challenging; future proofing an evolving mod against an evolving game. While you may not see me post here, I am working on various other projects related to modding. Rest assured, the SphereII Core and the NPCs will stay around as long as possible, and be maintained by us.

The mod launcher will continually move forward as well. It is not my expectation that old sphereii core would be compilable under the current mod launcher, as it needs to keep pace with the latest versions as a priority over legacy stuff. When we new version of SDX, or DMT comes out, then the mod launcher is updated and the older stuff can start failing.

To get around that, I'd suggest taking a bit of time learning how to use DMT and building yourself, if using the older software is your concern. NPCs in A19 are far better than their A18 brethren, but admittedly some features were retired.

Thank you Sphereii that is great to know. I had thought about learning the DMT tool and your rite i probably should set some time aside and learn it.

Yeah the NPCs are working fine though i had to shuffle around their AI target priorities in entity.xml as they wouldnt attack zeds until hit. Im guessing it was intentional but i prefered the old way that they aggro'd instantly so i edited the config to have that so.

Is the other big project called Winterween that you and xyth are working on?does it incorporate NPCs too by default?

cheers and good luck on the other projects

Hi @sphereii, I've been using your mod launcher for a long time and absolutely love it! I recently tried running it through Steam so I could use the in game overlay and when I try to start it it says Steam - Failed to launch shortcut. Tried to troubleshoot a few things. Running both as Admin etc. however I still can't get it to work. When I add it in I browse to the Desktop and select the 7d2dModLauncher but it seems to not see it or something. Please help. Thanks for all you do.

I will continue using it not through Steam but a few of my friends wanted to see my gameplay from a Mod and I can't seem to get the overlay to work without it being ran through Steam.

2 minutes ago, burtonman14 said:

Hi @sphereii, I've been using your mod launcher for a long time and absolutely love it! I recently tried running it through Steam so I could use the in game overlay and when I try to start it it says Steam - Failed to launch shortcut. Tried to troubleshoot a few things. Running both as Admin etc. however I still can't get it to work. When I add it in I browse to the Desktop and select the 7d2dModLauncher but it seems to not see it or something. Please help. Thanks for all you do.

I will continue using it not through Steam but a few of my friends wanted to see my gameplay from a Mod and I can't seem to get the overlay to work without it being ran through Steam.

Which shortcut did you add to steam? I believe it's under Program Files.