The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

22 hours ago, sphereii said:

The mod launcher isn't that fancy.  What it does for modlet is index github or gitlab repos. It doesn't look for releases, but you could have a different repo for each Alpha18, Alpha 19, etc. 

For example, here's one of my smaller ones: https://github.com/7D2DMods/Mods

The mod launcher has that path, and finds all the ModInfo.xmls for that. 

Ahh. So all I need to do is create a Mod Launcher Configuration File (pointing to all my repos, descriptions, etc) and then I contact you to add the URL to that file to the launcher...database?   It seems this would make it easier on you to maintain a URL to 1 thing vs all the URLs to all my mods, and any future ones as mine are all broken up into individual repos....  You mention just pointing the launcher to a single repo and it can "index" all the mods there and I believe that's the "recommended" way of storing mods (many in 1 repo) but is that basically the currently only supported way other than requesting each repo get added to the launcher. I'm not trying to be dense :)  just don't want to create a lot of extra work for anyone, but I also kinda don't want to condense all my repo's into 1 unless its the only option.

I wasn't sure of the Mod Launcher Configuration file was something I could make and maintain myself for this (like as a file in a github repo), or if it was something the mod launcher created itself, or if people using the mod launcher generated this file when they used the launcher for other people to load into the launcher so they could all sync up their mods.

I'm only on Ubuntu, so I don't (can't) use the launcher today, but I have enough mods out there figured I'd give it a whirl.  I'm also considering setting up Windows on my system just for gaming purposes (like trying out some DMT mods, etc) so I could use it eventually ;)

Edited by doughphunghus
updated text (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wolverine576 said:

How do i add my modlets, so they appear under the manage modlets button on the right of the launcher. I want my collection of modlets for my server searchable in the launcher? !

Send me your github/gitlab link to where the modlets are, and I'll start indexing them.

Update time! It's been 4 long months....  But 2.1.23 is here.

- Upload Log Files works again (oops)

- Installed Mods should show up now (oops)

- Overhaul Mods are read dynamically, rather than database backed. ( to work around the disappearing gitlab mods )

having an odd issue. i updated mod launcher yesterday. i do have a mod installed. in this case its darkness falls. when i go to play it says mod not installed. i click "ok" . it will then automatically check mark the experimental features box on its own and then it launches the game like normal. then inside the game everything works normally except for the advanced forge somehow now instantly makes whatever i need to make. (all other work stations function as normal) im thinking there may be an issue with the mod as well as the mod launcher? where should i start? i do not want to lose my world or char progress.

i have added a few screen shots of things. the 1st is my normal settings in the launcher. 2nd is what happens when i try to sync the game. 3rd is all the messages once the game actually launches. ( notice how experimental just randomly automatically selects itself now. it never did that before.

1.JPG

aftersync.JPG

after launching.JPG

49 minutes ago, ebman said:

having an odd issue. i updated mod launcher yesterday. i do have a mod installed. in this case its darkness falls. when i go to play it says mod not installed. i click "ok" . it will then automatically check mark the experimental features box on its own and then it launches the game like normal. then inside the game everything works normally except for the advanced forge somehow now instantly makes whatever i need to make. (all other work stations function as normal) im thinking there may be an issue with the mod as well as the mod launcher? where should i start? i do not want to lose my world or char progress.

i have added a few screen shots of things. the 1st is my normal settings in the launcher. 2nd is what happens when i try to sync the game. 3rd is all the messages once the game actually launches. ( notice how experimental just randomly automatically selects itself now. it never did that before.

1.JPG

aftersync.JPG

after launching.JPG

Sorry for the trouble, could you try this installer: https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/blob/master/Beta-SetupInstaller.msi

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I'm wanting to add my overhaul mod to the mod launcher, but can't figure out how. Help would be greatly appreciated! 

Take a look here: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/HowtomakeaModLauncherConfigurati.html

You'll need a configuration file, hosted somewhere. Usually in the same github as your overhaul. When you have it written, then send me a message and I'll take a look at it before postingit live.

I'm having difficulty installing the Mod Launcher. I'm running a fully patched Windows 10 x64.

I downloaded SetupInstaller.msi (and I also tried Beta-SetupInstaller.msi)

The download goes fine, but when I double click the msi file nothing happens (no errors, nothing installs, nothing)

I have tried disabling windows "real time protection" and that didn't make any difference. 

I'm open to any suggestions or ideas.

It may have been posted a couple of times already but since the last update a couple of days ago i am stuck in the error that the 7d2D launcher cant start since one instance is already running

"couldn ot download SQL Database: System.NET.Webexception [...] ..." process cant reach a temp file since its used by another process  - that only comes up when i start the launcher again and is the only error message i get - if i close all tasks and start only once i get no error and no launcher window - as if its stuck in a background loop

edit: i stand corrected - it opens....after 5 minutes of beeing idle

edit2: also its incredible slow - as if each time i want to make a change or click something it is idle for minutes again - any ideas? (already tried uninstalling and reg cleaning but so far same problem)

Edited by Eysenleber87
new information (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Eysenleber87 said:

It may have been posted a couple of times already but since the last update a couple of days ago i am stuck in the error that the 7d2D launcher cant start since one instance is already running

"couldn ot download SQL Database: System.NET.Webexception [...] ..." process cant reach a temp file since its used by another process  - that only comes up when i start the launcher again and is the only error message i get - if i close all tasks and start only once i get no error and no launcher window - as if its stuck in a background loop

edit: i stand corrected - it opens....after 5 minutes of beeing idle

edit2: also its incredible slow - as if each time i want to make a change or click something it is idle for minutes again - any ideas? (already tried uninstalling and reg cleaning but so far same problem)

Have you tried rebooting? Typically that error comes having two mod launchers opened, or some kind of security software blocking it.  Either anti-virus, or spyware, or something that. 

On 11/21/2020 at 4:38 PM, almus said:

I'm having difficulty installing the Mod Launcher. I'm running a fully patched Windows 10 x64.

I downloaded SetupInstaller.msi (and I also tried Beta-SetupInstaller.msi)

The download goes fine, but when I double click the msi file nothing happens (no errors, nothing installs, nothing)

I have tried disabling windows "real time protection" and that didn't make any difference. 

I'm open to any suggestions or ideas.

sphereii, a friend of mine is having an issue with this as well.. any ideas? I've had him 1) try right clicking >> run as admin (which is apparently not an option anymore).. 2) Told him to right click > properties > compatibility > run as admin -- it greyed out (even after selecting: change for all users) 3) turn off user accounts (change user account control settings) - no help 4) right click > open with... > click ok if "Windows Installer" is there (hoping it would allow him to select "run anyway" under "more info" in the Windows protected your PC screen) ... anything else to try? an .exe perhaps?

edit: he's not even seeing the Windows protected your pc screen (Smartscreen)... I know thats a separate windows issue... I have him updating windows (he has build 1803) and we'll try again tomorrow..

Edited by Syrex (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 8:21 PM, Syrex said:

sphereii, a friend of mine is having an issue with this as well.. any ideas? I've had him 1) try right clicking >> run as admin (which is apparently not an option anymore).. 2) Told him to right click > properties > compatibility > run as admin -- it greyed out (even after selecting: change for all users) 3) turn off user accounts (change user account control settings) - no help 4) right click > open with... > click ok if "Windows Installer" is there (hoping it would allow him to select "run anyway" under "more info" in the Windows protected your PC screen) ... anything else to try? an .exe perhaps?

edit: he's not even seeing the Windows protected your pc screen (Smartscreen)... I know thats a separate windows issue... I have him updating windows (he has build 1803) and we'll try again tomorrow..

Let me know how it goes.  I've tried it here on various patched windows PC, and I've always got the prompt to allow.

7 hours ago, furion nightstalker said:

i think its boken  tried useing it and mods all messed up

I'm sorry that you are having an issue. If you could let me know what is the precise problem you are experiencing, I might be able to help you out.

I am tracking a gitlab hosting issue (again) that is causing people some grief.

• 2 weeks later...